• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
How is Combo's She-Hulk from WFN?

Also I want some feedback on this list please

Goku vs. Ryu
Naruto vs. Wesker
Luffy vs. Seth
Ichigo vs. Asura
Sena vs. Arthur
Rosario vs Morrigan
Gintoki vs Soki
Light vs Phoenix Wright
Tokiko vs. Mega Man (I don't care any version)
Chronos vs Dante
Claire vs. Frank West/Chuck Greene
Yoh vs. Strider

New joke character that are more insane than Phoenix Wright are
Eiji from Bakuman. All of his movesets would based on the poses and actions he acted out when he draw the manga. I would like to see Eiji vs. Nina (BoF2) I could see Eiji would make some of references about Crow against Nina.

My Light Yagami plays like a mix of Mariah and D'bo from Jojo's Bizarre adventure. Light can summon shit to fall all over the screen with the Death Note, and you can swap control between him and the Shinigami. So your goal becomes setting up his zoning without putting one of your two characters in a position to become a punching bag.

And heath, your list needs Kenshiro and Dio Brando. I mean, come on. Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are the two biggest influences on Street Fighter. Not to mention that Dio is the strongest character in the history of Shonen Jump.

Frantic

Just got bak from next level, the place is heavenn for a fighting game fan. The only thing is that i thought it would be othrr level of competition i was bodying some folks with some of my B teams. I got to play chris g but on KOF. Maybe it was thr day or sonething but i def didnt see the monsters like noel, rayray and the likes. I guessing they all play at home doing crack sessipns. Im going tomorrow hoping to get some matches with chris g or someone really really good.
I WON'T BE IMPRESSED UNTIL YOU BEAT CHRIS GENIUS! :p

Just got back from a local tournament here in Delaware. Had to come out of the loser's bracket, but won (like 20-30 people, not big). Got a brand spanking new Mad Catz Soulcalibur TE Stick for my troubles.
Good shit. I'll be rooting for you and Tobe at Winter Brawl.

And finally, I'm thinking Spider-Man is a lock for top 10 point character. Viper, Zero, Dante, Strider are the are the only ones that are largely better against the whole cast than him on point properly assisted IMO -- I'd argue that many others of the usual suspects are the same or definitively below him. I'll admit that I'm a Spider-Stan, but this character...he's a menace </J Jonah Jameson>.
Spider-Man in top 10 point characters definitely makes sense to me just because of how hard it is to get a hit on him. He's less about ToD'ing you(though he can do that with Ultimate Web-Throw resets), and more about annoying you with hit and run tactics.

I imagine that the feeling I get when fighting a good Spider-Man is what it would be like to actually fight Spider-Man. Constant annoyance.

Far too often I think the focus is too much on damage when it should be on neutral games, since the damage is so high in this game anyway.
I definitely agree with this. I think, at this point, people are too caught up in the Vanilla mentality still. It'll pass eventually, I hope.

Dio doesn't really fight anybody, he just toys around until everybody dies. Even Araki listed his ability in his bio page as being invincible. The only reason he ever lost was because there happened to be another guy that spontaneously developed the same ability as him, and his own arrogance. Even then he managed to resurrect and win.

There's a reason his name is Dio(God).

Azure J

Can someone explain it to me what the term neutral game refers to? There's a good chance I already know what it is/implies, but I've never ever been good with terminologies from competitive games. I almost always wind up finding out just because I play these games hard as fuck. :lol

Vice

Can someone explain it to me what the term neutral game refers to? There's a good chance I already know what it is/implies, but I've never ever been good with terminologies from competitive games. I almost always wind up finding out just because I play these games hard as fuck. :lol

It's what do you do when you're standing still and not moving/jumping.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I actually have a 200 page design document for Shonen Jump vs Capcom that I wrote as a hobby over the past 8 months or so. I have engine features, design philosophy, story progression and movelists(with foundations for hitboxes and frame data) for about 3 dozen characters. Once I graduate,get comfortable with Japanese and get some experience in the industry, I'm planning on using it in my portfolio. It's been my lifelong dream to work for Capcom. I have 2 other design documents around the same level of completion based on Capcom IPs, but I probably won't turn them in to anybody for like 5 years. I imagine they'll be pretty intense by that time, lol

Gut it and rename everything, then make your own IP

Dahbomb

Neutral game is basically where neither opponent is at a life lead/loss so the game is about spacing/footsies and set ups. There are certain tools at the disposal of a character that are used to control the neutral game so that they are within their comfort zone. The game changes when either player is at a life loss or life lead because they then change their game plan to rush down to over come the life loss or keep away to maintain the life lead.

An example of this is Iron Man who enjoys the neutral game but hates it when he is at a life disadvantage. A lot of his tools are geared towards control of the neutral game including his mobility, flight, aerial special moves (Smart Bombs, various different j.H's and Unibeam), long ranged normals and even his cr.H rockets plus Repulsor Blast/Spread. He then slowly chips them down and then make them want to come to him so that he can snag them with his long normals or catch them on a mistake. He will only come in when backed up by an assist or if he is the only character on the team trying to make a comeback.

Neutral game is more pronounced in UMVC3 than MVC3. Wolverine and the invincible assists basically laughed at the neutral game. It was basically "call assist and B Slash" which essentially ends the neutral game instantly because they either block and have to deal with the mix up or they got hit and got comboed into mix up situation on the next character because Wolverine's XFLVL1 was so ridiculous.

How is Combo's She-Hulk from WFN?

Also I want some feedback on this list please

Goku vs. Ryu
Naruto vs. Wesker
Luffy vs. Seth
Ichigo vs. Asura
Sena vs. Arthur
Rosario vs Morrigan
Gintoki vs Soki
Light vs Phoenix Wright
Tokiko vs. Mega Man (I don't care any version)
Chronos vs Dante
Claire vs. Frank West/Chuck Greene
Yoh vs. Strider

New joke character that are more insane than Phoenix Wright are
Eiji from Bakuman. All of his movesets would based on the poses and actions he acted out when he draw the manga. I would like to see Eiji vs. Nina (BoF2) I could see Eiji would make some of references about Crow against Nina.

I don't know man. This is missing a lot of good SJ characters. Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Kenshin from Ruroni Kenshin, Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho...even Gon or Killua from Hunter x Hunter. I think you need to look at Jump Ultimate Stars, their playable character list was pretty damn good. Even Jump Super Stars has a good roster.

I'm glad Gintama was acknowledged though. Sena is....=/

Sloosha

^Gintama, KHR and Sket Dance characters are all I'd play.

Arc System Work's Nura game should be interesting. Those characters have a lot of potential for a fighting game.

GatorBait

Well damn...dat new tech! Lead up to EVO is going to be awesome. There are still a lot of "assumed constants" that are going to be broken when people start experimenting with the changed character/move properties from Vanilla to Ultimate.

I'm also confident there are some overlooked characters that will move up the tier list and become a new flavor of the month when their potential is unlocked. You just get that feeling with certain characters.

Azure J

Neutral game is basically where neither opponent is at a life lead/loss so the game is about spacing/footsies and set ups. There are certain tools at the disposal of a character that are used to control the neutral game so that they are within their comfort zone. The game changes when either player is at a life loss or life lead because they then change their game plan to rush down to over come the life loss or keep away to maintain the life lead.

An example of this is Iron Man who enjoys the neutral game but hates it when he is at a life disadvantage. A lot of his tools are geared towards control of the neutral game including his mobility, flight, aerial special moves (Smart Bombs, various different j.H's and Unibeam), long ranged normals and even his cr.H rockets plus Repulsor Blast/Spread. He then slowly chips them down and then make them want to come to him so that he can snag them with his long normals or catch them on a mistake. He will only come in when backed up by an assist or if he is the only character on the team trying to make a comeback.

Neutral game is more pronounced in UMVC3 than MVC3. Wolverine and the invincible assists basically laughed at the neutral game. It was basically "call assist and B Slash" which essentially ends the neutral game instantly because they either block and have to deal with the mix up or they got hit and got comboed into mix up situation on the next character because Wolverine's XFLVL1 was so ridiculous.

Awesome post, thanks for the examples too.

I don't know man. This is missing a lot of good SJ characters. Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Kenshin from Ruroni Kenshin, Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho...even Gon or Killua from Hunter x Hunter. I think you need to look at Jump Ultimate Stars, their playable character list was pretty damn good. Even Jump Super Stars has a good roster.

I'm glad Gintama was acknowledged though. Sena is....=/

Oh man, Team Kenshin would be so fucking godlike. Kenshin/Saito/Makoto Shishio? Fucking beast team. Spirit Detective team would be amazing as well. There's so much to choose from. I need a list of all the properties ever covered by SJ now, I'm tempted to do a 25 per side roster for this hypothetical game. :lol

It's just not the same without the streamchat.

I felt the same way watching the highlight from when Mike Ross called Floe as he fought Mario. I'm like "damn, where's the chat window?"

She Hulk coming back is awesome. Gotta wonder though, is there any reason why Team Combofiend 1.0 wouldn't work anymore? I ask because of how Combo was running Mags & sent on his Bringin' Jenny Back team last WNF.

I always thought that team was fucking sick with how many different setups and resets it had, not to mention the DHC synergy was insaaaaaaane.

Anth0ny

Jump Ultimate Stars roster:

Black Cat

Battle characters

Train Heartnet
Eve

Support characters

Sven Vollfied

Help characters

Saya Minatsuki
Kyoko Kirisaki

Bleach

Battle characters

Ichigo Kurosaki
Rukia Kuchiki
Renji Abarai
Toushiro Hitsugaya

Support characters

Uryu Ishida
Yasutora Sado
Orihime Inoue
Yoruichi Shihoin
Kon
Sousuke Aizen
Byakuya Kuchiki

Help characters

Zangetsu
Isshin Kurosaki
Tatsuki Arisawa
Kisuke Urahara
Kaname Tosen
Gin Ichimaru

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Battle characters

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Don Patch

Support characters

Tokoro Tennosuke
Gaoh
Beauty
Heppokomaru

Help characters

Hatenkou
Softon
Service Man
Gyorai Girl
Dengaku Man
Ko Patch

Busou Renkin

Battle characters

Kazuki Mutou

Help characters

Papillon
Tokiko Tsumura
Captain Bravo

Captain Tsubasa

Support characters

Tsubasa Ozora
Genzo Wakabyashi
Kojiro Hyuuga

Help characters

Roberto Hongo
Sanae Nakasawa

Cobra

Support characters

Cobra
Lady Armaroid
Crystal Boy

D.Gray-man

Battle characters

Allen Walker
Lenalee Lee

Support characters

Lavi
Yu Kanda
Arystar Krory

Help characters

Marinda Lotto
Komui Lee
Reever Wenham
Cross Marian

Dr. Slump

Battle characters

Arale Norimaki
Dr. Mashirito

Support characters

Gajira Norimaki
Unchi-kun

Help characters

Senbei Norimaki
Midori Norimaki
Obocchaman

Death Note

Support characters

Light Yagami & Ryuk
L
Near
Mello
Misa Amane

Dragon Ball

Battle characters

Son Goku/Super Saiyan Son Goku/Vegetto
Super Saiyan Son Gohan/Super Saiyan 2 Son Gohan
Gotenks (Son Goten & Trunks)/Super Gotenks
Vegeta/Super Saiyan Vegeta
Piccolo
Freeza
Majin Buu (Kid Buu)

Support characters

Kuririn
Mirai no Trunks

Help characters

Bulma
Majin Buu (Fat Buu)
Muten-Rôshi a.k.a Kamesenin
Mr. Satan
Kaio-sama

Eyeshield 21

Support characters

Sena Kobayakawa
Yoichi Hiruma
Kurita Ryoukan
Gen "Musashi" Takekura
Taro Raimon a.k.a Monta
Cerberus
Ha Ha Brothers (Jumonji, Kuroki, Togano)
Devil Bat
Seijuro Shin

Help characters

Mamori Anezaki
Suzuna Taki
Yukimitsu Manabu
Daikichi Komusubi
Natsuhiko Taki
Tetsuo Ishimaru
Doburoku Sakaki
Haruto Sakuraba

Gintama

Battle characters

Gintoki Sakata
Kagura

Support characters

Shinpachi
Katsura "Zura" Kotaro
Ayame Sarutobi (Sa-chan)
Isao Kondo
Toshiro Hijikata
Sogo Okita

Help characters

Tae Shimura
Otose
Taizo Hasegawa
Yamazaki
Sadaharu

Hokuto no Ken

Battle characters

Kenshiro
Raoh

Support characters

Rei
Toki

Help characters

Schwülent
Melih
Enes

Houshin Engi

Battle characters

Taikoubou

Support characters

So Dakki

Help characters

Ou Tenkun
Sibuxiang

Hunter x Hunter

Battle characters

Gon Freecs
Killua Zaoldyeck

Support characters

Kurapica
Hisoka
Kuroro Lucifer

Help characters

Leorio
Biscuit Kruger

Ichigo 100%

Support characters

Aya Toujo
Tsukasa Nishino
Satsuki Kitaoji
Yui Minamito

Help characters

Misuzu Sotomura
Junpei Manaka
Hiroshi Sotomura

Naruto

Battle characters

Naruto Uzumaki
Sasuke Uchiha
Sakura Haruno
Kakashi Hatake

Support characters

Gaara

Help characters

Tsunade
Orochimaru
Jiraiya
Sai

One Piece

Battle characters

Monkey D. Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Nami
Sanji
Nico Robin
Franky

Support characters

Usopp/Sogeking
Tony Tony Chopper

Help characters

Shanks
Square Sisters (Kiwi and Mozu)

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Battle Characters

Yugi Moto

Support Characters

Seto Kaiba

Help Characters

Tea Gardener
Tristan Taylor
Joey Wheeler

Yu Yu Hakusho

Battle characters

Yusuke Urameshi
Hiei
Kurama

Support characters

Kazuma Kuwabara

Help characters

Botan
Genkai

Azure J

Dante/Zero, Viper, Spencer, Spider-Man, Wesker, Doom, Vergil are all up there in my opinion.

Edit: Oh man, Aizen... Dude needs an absolute counter Level 3. "When were you under the impression that this would reach me?"

Edit If Urahara isn't playable, I'd rage. :lol:

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Not that surprising unfortunately. It's hard for Wolverine to get past anything moderately lame. And he had to face the lamest of the lame.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yet J Wong, PR Rog and Noel Brown all fight against lame stuff all of the time and still win in the end.

Your point? You are pointing out the 3 best Wolverines. This is Tobe. Either way a Wolverine player struggles with zoning no matter who's playing.

Aren't you basically Kimosabae the second? I probably shouldn't even respond to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom