• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

What are the ways to escape the UWT reset? Besides invincible hypers like Hard Drive?

well shit i just found another haggar reset i should have been doing all along but never bothered to. -_- this one hurts too because it should have been obvious from the start.
Please share. In PMs if need be. I main Haggar lariat/ chris smg/ doom rocks

smurfx

get some go again
They're fighting over that McRib. A battle for the one they Love!
zqj4M.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Awesome, since I'm the one who's going to be doing the reset. I wonder why every spidey player ever doesn't abuse this. You can get 1.2 million, probably even more easy with 1 bar by abusing the UWT. Spidey/Morrigan/Doom here I come!

Because spiderman players are about as common as Arthur players. Now ask for them to be good on top of it. A friend of mine has a scary spiderman though he actually bodies lamerboi *they work together*

been using spencer/taskmaster/wesker, and i also want to ween off of dark wesker. i think i want to go with wolverine/taskmaster/spencer.

i don't have access to look it up atm, but does anyone know what pr rog's bnb with wolverine and spencer assist was?

lmhs, mmlh, drill claw, dive kick, hs, mmhs, otg slide + assist...??

Awesome, since I'm the one who's going to be doing the reset. I wonder why every spidey player ever doesn't abuse this. You can get 1.2 million, probably even more easy with 1 bar by abusing the UWT. Spidey/Morrigan/Doom here I come!

Pretty much every character has a a way out. You can just make it difficult for most, and better yet, people just tend to sleep against Parker. 26+3 with only 20 frames invincible is a pretty big window to get hit out of it.

It loses to characters who have good/long air normals. All they need to do is tech forward and hit a lengthy/quick button, usually an M but sometimes an L can do the trick too. If you're not spacing with an OTG assist or something, you can even be air thrown out of it.

Thing is, people still don't scout it too often, so you don't have to mix it up just yet. Once people fight Spidey more, you'll have to. But that doesn't mean go to the next level of the mixup yet -- make them prove that they can deal with it, and aren't just cruise controlling against Spider-Man.

I would also encourage you to develop different methods and entry points for the reset to keep your opponent on their toes once they start to adapt.

JeTmAn81

I think it would be awesome if somebody tried to write a definitive matchup guide for this game. Breaking down each character to their strengths and weaknesses. How they can cross you up, armored moves, invincibility, typical resets, basically the kinds of things you'll lose to if you don't know about them ahead of team. I think this type of thing would have to be heavily codified in order for it to make sense, so if Firebrand is a character who has a strong air game, then you'd need to look up your team's options under the Anti-Air category for each character/assist. Spider-Man's section would definitely include common ways for escaping an Ultimate Web Throw reset. I think it could be a long time until tech in this game actually settles down for such a guide to be called "definitive", but there's a ton of existing stuff that could be useful if cataloged in a thoughtful way.

I-hate-u

been using spencer/taskmaster/wesker, and i also want to ween off of dark wesker. i think i want to go with wolverine/taskmaster/spencer.

i don't have access to look it up atm, but does anyone know what pr rog's bnb with wolverine and spencer assist was?

lmhs, mmlh, drill claw, dive kick, hs, mmhs, otg slide + assist...??

Berserker Barrage into Berserker Barrage X to set up for easy DHC if needed. Or tornado claw into Fatal claw for loops. PrRog mostly used the otg + assist into a reset with Berserker slash (L)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just did that combo I saw Noah do and it does just as much damage as easy MMHS Wesker otg MMHS stuff.

I don't know why he does that though, it does the same damage but also takes the opponent out of the corner.

Azure J

Why the fuck is Zero so goddamned safe? It's so disgusting knowing I literally have to wait for him to be attacking in order to counter knowing full and well that anything wrong is a dead character. And then that damn war of attrition where he's blasting everything with Hadangeki, Buster & Lightning and you can only pray you have some legit anti zoning...

Responding to this in here, I posted the above in the wrong thread:

C'mon mang, you've got Ace Hardware plus Strider. You should be able to do something with all those anti-air tools. Jam Session, Twister/Tempest, Acid Rain, Crystal/Million Carats, Air Play, Vajra aren't getting it done? Lately I've just been constantly doing j.H into Air Play for defensive posturing and it works amazingly well. Great for avoiding/getting air throws and can convert into a combo after Air Play with airdash into attack into ground series.

It just feels like sometimes, I'm not in the most opportune position to get the specials out so I try and engage on the ground with Stinger pokes and Reverb Shock. The problem comes about when either of these is off and an inbound Rapid Slash assist comes along to say "fuck you." I have been trying to hit more anti airs since Sentsuizan is one of the few moves he uses that can lead into my Jam Session/Vajira trap with ease. I just still feel annoyed as shit with how on an off day I'll have my entire team destroyed without effort while I have to run a gaunlet from derp ass Dante (j.S while calling Rapid Slash and that's all the pressure my opponent does), to safe ass Zero, to anchor Vergil with meter, the antichrist himself.

Frantic

Per AzureJericho's earlier posts, any suggestions for Dante/Strider vs. Zero?
Don't get hit, play patient, and try not to get frustrated. I've fought Zero for like 70 Marvel seconds before either of us got a solid hit, because that's how you gotta play it. If you focus on going in, you will eat something. It's best to stay out of Buster Range, and out of range of random Lightning > Buster bullshit, and the main goal is to get Zero to block something, then Devil Trigger to retain pressure and start calling assists for teleports and then if that doesn't work, you gotta hit them with the high/lows.

Honestly, I'm not the best at the matchup. I know how to play against zoning Zeros well enough, and the rushdown Zeros tend to be focused on moving forward and not about protecting their dome, but the ones in between... those are the ones I struggle with. I know I let Zero get away with a lot of stuff out of fear, too, but the fear of eating a Buster is too great.

And then if they have Hidden Missiles...

Azure J

Don't get hit, play patient, and try not to get frustrated. I've fought Zero for like 70 Marvel seconds before either of us got a solid hit, because that's how you gotta play it. If you focus on going in, you will eat something. It's best to stay out of Buster Range, and out of range of random Lightning > Buster bullshit, and the main goal is to get Zero to block something, then Devil Trigger to retain pressure and start calling assists for teleports and then if that doesn't work, you gotta hit them with the high/lows.

Honestly, I'm not the best at the matchup. I know how to play against zoning Zeros well enough, and the rushdown Zeros tend to be focused on moving forward and not about protecting their dome, but the ones in between... those are the ones I struggle with. I know I let Zero get away with a lot of stuff out of fear, too, but the fear of eating a Buster is too great.

And then if they have Hidden Missiles...

Glad to see that buster panic isn't just something I've been conditioned into alone. I'm just so tired of respecting everything, even when I don't see a buster charged just because I know if I don't do that much, hello sword that never loses active frames/Rapid Slash/corner carry and the arduous fight to get out of the corner and play that one thing scumbag Zeroes always neglect; an actual neutral game.

I really want to level up already.

Whew!

Why the fuck is Zero so goddamned safe? It's so disgusting knowing I literally have to wait for him to be attacking in order to counter knowing full and well that anything wrong is a dead character. And then that damn war of attrition where he's blasting everything with Hadangeki, Buster & Lightning and you can only pray you have some legit anti zoning...
You use Dante, though. He's Mr. Safe. At least I can punish Zero if he whiffs a normal.

Ugh, I read this and...ugh.

smurfx

get some go again
good for seth killian. looks like he moved up and probably didn't quit because life became hard for him at capcom.

Another thought about S-Kill's move: he's a community darling right now, because he is always seen as the FGC guy on the "inside" fighting against the bad corporates. Now that he's in charge, he'll have to take heat for bad decisions. It'll be interesting to see if the community love for him evolves or fades.

I really need to do the smarter stuff more often. Also, Zero makes everyone else look unsafe.
What bothers me isn't Zero's safety, but his pressure and ability to get combos from near full screen solo while having a solo cross-up move. In terms of safety I actually find him very beatable (he's vulnerable during all those aerial command dashes). I think if you made Raikousen negative on block, and no longer allowed Zero to buster cancel, you'd have a very fair character on your hands.

mr. puppy

Banned
The time chamber... everyone wants a piece of that action.

i've only seen him working ammy too o_0. he probably just starts every day like "time to master this character again".

dude needs a lot of matchup experience. i remember combo saying yesterday the reason he beat zak is b/c he's played against firebrand before and knew how to deal with coldstar from clockwork.

Dahbomb

Combofiend is just insanely good at avoiding bad situations to begin with. He was always above Cold Star and away from the vortex, always fishing for that air throw to send Firebrand packing.

kirblar

good for seth killian. looks like he moved up and probably didn't quit because life became hard for him at capcom.
Seth's likely going to move from company to company to work on specific projects. With Capcom's fighting stuff currently a ways off and SFxT a disaster, it makes sense that he'd spend some time where he could have more of an impact.

JeTmAn81

What bothers me isn't Zero's safety, but his pressure and ability to get combos from near full screen solo while having a solo cross-up move. In terms of safety I actually find him very beatable (he's vulnerable during all those aerial command dashes). I think if you made Raikousen negative on block, and no longer allowed Zero to buster cancel, you'd have a very fair character on your hands.

I can agree with this, but take away the Lightning Loop as well (not dependent on buster cancel since it existed in vanilla, right?). Damage is high enough in this game already. Can we fix Spencer's unscaled up-grapple too?

I-hate-u

i've only seen him working ammy too o_0. he probably just starts every day like "time to master this character again".

dude needs a lot of matchup experience. i remember combo saying yesterday the reason he beat zak is b/c he's played against firebrand before and knew how to deal with coldstar from clockwork.

Combo actually played Firebrand a while back

I-hate-u

Seth's likely going to move from company to company to work on specific projects. With Capcom's fighting stuff currently a ways off and SFxT a disaster, it makes sense that he'd spend some time where he could have more of an impact.

Seth is not working for Superbot but for the external division in Sony Santa Monica. That means he will oversee many second party projects that are picked up by SSM. PABR happens to be the first title announced he is working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom