• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've come to really enjoy watching Marvel much more than SF because of the randomness. I know a lot of people actually complain about the randomness and I can understand the frustration from a player's perspective, but from a spectator's perspective I feel like it makes the game much more exciting because you never know who will cause some upsets. Conversely, I feel like with SF4 I can pretty much guess the outcome based on the players before the match even starts.

Arguably, that makes SF4 the "better" fighting game, however I feel like I could confidently name most of the top 32 of Marvel right now, but top 16 or top 8 would be such a guessing game. I like that.

I'm really pumped. Even if the whole UMvC3:UE is fake, I do expect Nitsuma to announce something regarding fighting games.

We know they're working on Darkstalkers, so maybe that'll be the reveal. I know Ono was really pumped to try to get that going, but maybe with his health and everything they're put Nitsuma on it.

I never played any of the DS games but from watching videos of them, I would still be pumped for a new one. It looks like there are some cool characters that have never made it to any of the VS games (all my experience with DS characters).

Tirael

I think I've come to really enjoy watching Marvel much more than SF because of the randomness. I know a lot of people actually complain about the randomness and I can understand the frustration from a player's perspective, but from a spectator's perspective I feel like it makes the game much more exciting because you never know who will cause some upsets. Conversely, I feel like with SF4 I can pretty much guess the outcome based on the players before the match even starts.

Arguably, that makes SF4 the "better" fighting game, however I feel like I could confidently name most of the top 32 of Marvel right now, but top 16 or top 8 would be such a guessing game. I like that.

Oh, absolutely. I feel the same way. Also the variation that you're going to be seeing in a SFIV match is smaller. In UMvC3, combos and stuff are constantly being tweaked and optimized, and Hyper priority always gives hype moments.

Who is pumped for Capcom announcements! By the end of the day we will hear what they came to say.

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm really hoping for something cool.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Who is pumped for Capcom announcements! By the end of the day we will hear what they came to say.

Not me, I expected they would go with capcom style. We would like to announce a new fighting game.

MARVEL FIGHTING GAME!

*show trailer of MvC Origin*

Niitsuma smiled.

vg260

I'm really pumped. Even if the whole UMvC3:UE is fake, I do expect Nitsuma to announce something regarding fighting games.

He's at EVO, right? Perhaps he's just there to evaluate what happens for future balance consideration.

I still think this game is incomplete until they add replay saving and hitbox viewer. Replay saving is such a big missing tool. Making something so useful Vita-exclusive is awful.

Yeah, he's confirmed to be at EVO.

Replays are an absolute must. There are so many matches I would have saved if I could, and I'm not just going to record every match just in case.

Apparently Japanese designers are against showing the hitboxes though (which we never got for SF4. I guess they don't like the transparency) but since they added them to the Vita version, maybe they've softened up a bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, he's confirmed to be at EVO.

Replays are an absolute must. There are so many matches I would have saved if I could, and I'm not just going to record every match just in case.

Apparently Japanese designers are against showing the hitboxes though (which we never got for SF4. I guess they don't like the transparency) but since they added them to the Vita version, maybe they've softened up a bit.
Japanese devs are against frame data too, they don't like giving away some of the stuff you just had to learn intuitively, and don't like spoon feeding players all the information. Kind of understandabe.

Replays though.. fuck I could rant forever about how inept some of these devs are that even when they implement replays you can't even save them locally for local viewing, but they're hosted on some server somewhere in limited amounts. Irks me a great deal.

Thats what makes me appreciate VF5FS so much. All that frame data right there on the screen and you can even put it on during replays. If only all fighting games would follow their example.

I'm not going to be happy with the outcome of Evo, I can just smell it.
What is a happy/unhappy outcome for you?

A small, soft puppy was just hit by a car because you called Marvel random.

I'm pretty pumped. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? I imagine we're getting 1 of 3 announcements:
1) More Marvel.
2) Darkstalkers.
3) Marvel Super Heroes 2.

All of those look enticing to me, so how bad could it be?
We might also get TvC2...

He's at EVO, right? Perhaps he's just there to evaluate what happens for future balance consideration.
You think he flew all the way there to stream monster in person?

Azure J

I'm pretty pumped. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? I imagine we're getting 1 of 3 announcements:
1) More Marvel.
2) Darkstalkers.
3) Marvel Super Heroes 2.

All of those look enticing to me, so how bad could it be?
We might also get TvC2...

You think he flew all the way there to stream monster in person?

More Marvel, Darkstalkers, or TatsuCap2: bigger roster & custom team sizes edition would easily be the best things ever. But this is Capcom so I'm tempered to a point where a MvC3 themed pack of saltines that are EVO exclusive would be cool. :lol

The worst thing that could happen is they don't announce anything substantial.
I find it hard to believe that Capcom would fly 3 employees to the USA just to announce nothing. Capcom continually defies my logic, though.

More Marvel, Darkstalkers, or TatsuCap2: bigger roster & custom team sizes edition would easily be the best things ever. But this is Capcom so I'm tempered to a point where a MvC3 themed pack of saltines that are EVO exclusive would be cool. :lol
Why custom team sizes in TvC2?

Ahh man so much hype. Jumping online now.
I want to plaaaay! :-(

Even I cannot defend Capcom's decision making at times. Truly unpredictable.

Probably announcing SFxTK "fireworks" at EVO though.
Oh right, there's that too. They need to fill us in on the specifics of what's changing in SFxT, and this is the perfect place to do it.

I'd like to think that, with 3 guys at the panel, they each have something to talk about. One for SFxT, one for Darkstalkers, one for ???.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The worst case scenario would be them announcing that they're shutting down online play. Which they're not going to do. So anything they say tonight will probably be better than that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I find it hard to believe that Capcom would fly 3 employees to the USA just to announce nothing. Capcom continually defies my logic, though.

I'd like to think so as well, but Capcom's made a lot of fumbles recently.

I don't think it's that far fetched for Niitsuma to be there in an observational capacity for future reference, and in order for Capcom to have presence at the venue. Then announce some SFxT stuff in a desperate attempt to gain support for the title. Is the panel being streamed?

Mit-

I think they flew 3 people out to have a panel and save face for SFxT. They'll probably talk about some new stuff for SFxT, none of which I can possibly imagine will save its reputation in America. Niitsuma will make a grand announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, again. DarkStalkers won't be ready for an announcement.

I have a feeling that even though Ono really wants to make DarkStalkers, they'd slap Niitsuma on the project and force Ono to get to work on Street Fighter 5 as his primary project. They couldn't possibly prioritize DarkStalkers over Street Fighter 5.

Turlast

Banned
I could see Derek Neal (Producer of 3S:OE) announcing MVC origins, since it appears to be similar to his previous project. I thought he'll talk about anything SFXT related. That's why I'm thinking we'll hear something else from Niitsuma.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think they flew 3 people out to have a panel and save face for SFxT. They'll probably talk about some new stuff for SFxT, none of which I can possibly imagine will save its reputation in America. Niitsuma will make a grand announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, again. DarkStalkers won't be ready for an announcement.

I have a feeling that even though Ono really wants to make DarkStalkers, they'd slap Niitsuma on the project and force Ono to get to work on Street Fighter 5 as his primary project. They couldn't possibly prioritize DarkStalkers over Street Fighter 5.
Ono was removed from being at the head of the SF team though, seemingly permanently. Also SF5 is way aways off, within the next 4 years though.

Otherwise, I think this is a fairly reasonable set of expectations. Hearing Niitsuma talk about SFxTK will be weird though, perhaps they might tease Niitsuma's new project?

Perhaps a DSIV tease as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom