• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
b/c they sent the lead dev to the biggest fighting game tourney in the world to discuss how this mess was designed? sure.

You assumed that based off that? You must have accepted the twitter rumor as absolute truth.

I mean I didn't dismiss the rumor but I didn't accept it as a guarantee either.

Mit-

For fuck's sake ask questions they can answer. This always drives me crazy about fan Q&A's.

Ask if Niitsuma is working on anything new right now, and ask about TAC infinites, which Niitsuma previously commented on and didn't say anything about today.

mr. puppy

Banned
For fuck's sake ask questions they can answer. This always drives me crazy about fan Q&A's.

Ask if Niitsuma is working on anything new right now, and ask about TAC infinites, which Niitsuma previously commented on and didn't say anything about today.

what? he said they didn't care, are you deaf?

Mit-

what? he said they didn't care, are you deaf?

He said there wouldn't be a balance patch. Fixing a glitch doesn't mean balance patch. They've pushed out plenty of bug fixes without changing character properties.

Not that I want them to fix TAC infinites.

Azure J

I seriously feel Nintendo E3 Conference'd right now, so much potential only for none of it to be used. Even the cool stuff they showed about the dev process seems to feel like twisting a knife in light of the "nah we're not doing anything with this anymore" announcement.

Ah well, this guy going currently has good questions. Re: projectile durability, what the team is up to

Mit-

Yay one of my questions got answered. Niitsuma has moved on to a new, unannounced project. Wish they would've asked if it's fighting game-related.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Come on based Niitsuma, we're thirsty for some Mahvel content.

On another note, I just had a funny little conversation with my brother regarding Marvel @ EVO. He wanted to know who I wanted to win it:

Me: "Yipes, Marlinpie, or Chris G--
Him: "EWWWW hell no to Chris G."
Me: "Why not?"
Him: "Not a fan of that Morrigan Soufis Soufis stuff."
Me: "Damn dude, you're such a stream monster sometimes."
Him: "You're always hating on Zero & Vergil, doesn't that make you a bigger one?"

Why did I feel so bodied in that argument at the last line? The rest of the time was spent with him getting live about how the Morrigan stuff is lame and how he hates my preferences in watching/playing games. Fun stuff. :lol

Because everyone legitimately complains about Vergil and Zero because they're widely recognized as top tier, even the pros complain under their breath. Rarely do real players condemn Chris' Morrigan style of play. So, no. He's the "stream monster", whatever that's supposed to mean.

DR2K

Banned
Even though I'm dressed in a Santa suit and it's X-Mas eve night and I have this bag with me, it isn't full of presents, but here's what you might have gotten.

Just cementing the fact that I'll never buy a Capcom game new.

Because my flash plugin crashed right at the moment he was going to answer, what did Niitsuma (and the other guys) say regarding the question which characters they would've liked to see in the game?

Did the translator say we might be hearing about Niitsuma's new project in the coming days?

Remember, SDCC is next week.

Azure J

I feel like at this point I'd be merciful and call off the avatar bet if I were in charge of it Dah just because this shit hurts. :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Karst if you aren't watching Niitsuma claims that they don't want strong point characters to have strong assists as well.

Obvious counter point is Magneto but that's their claim on it when someone asked about Spider-man's assists.

I feel like at this point I'd be merciful and call off the avatar bet if I were in charge of it Dah just because this shit hurts. :lol
The pain of others shall heal my wounds. Knowing that Dahbomb has to sport that avatar is the only consolation I have from today.

Karst if you aren't watching Niitsuma claims that they don't want strong point characters to have strong assists as well.

Obvious counter point is Magneto but that's their claim on it when someone asked about Spider-man's assists.
Yeah, I know their response. And you've typed out my response, so it's back to them. It's too bad the guy didn't put it back to Capcom. Characters like Magneto, Dante, and Vergil are all over the place not just because they're good point characters but because they have good assists. Hell, Dante arguably has the best anti-air assist in the game.

Why the fuck was this panel titled as though it had something to do with the next year of fighting games?!

Dahbomb

Magneto, Doom, Dante are not good point characters so they get to have great assists. Spider is a great point character so he has shit assists. Step your game and tech up son.

Cacpom lol.

Dahbomb

Now I know why Seth left.

"Hey guys lets buff up Spider Mans assists, he sort of lacks in that area"

"LOL American scrub... get good son. Up your tech."

Azure J

The assist to point character thing really did tell me one thing though, there's some antiquated thinking on the character design part of fighters over at 8ing.

Addendum: I'm still happy with how the game is as an overall package, but the slopes between its highs and lows, the (relative) ease in "correcting them", and the straight "we don't love these hoes" style of answers saying we're done/nothing's happening/stop asking is kinda taking away from the enthusiasm and you'd be lying to yourself to not see where someone's coming from if they feel like that.

You are enjoying this way too much right now. You're like the Riposte to this thread's "MML3 just got canned, come cry with us". :lol

Magneto, Doom, Dante are not good point characters so they get to have great assists. Spider is a great point character so he has shit assists. Step your game and tech up son.

Cacpom lol.
Magneto has all of those limitations. You know, the ones. Practically Hsien-ko as it is.

I'm also simultaneously irritated and amused that any question about S-Kill was "Yeah, Seth told us it needed to be nerfed so we nerfed it. I don't know why."

Because they think people still care about SFxTK?
What did they announce for that anyway? *ventures off to SFxT thread*

Dahbomb lost.

We all lost.
:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom