• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still got a year and I still believe there is a patch in the works somewhere.
Now this is just deluding yourself. Seth and now Niitsuma both confirm the team is scatterred to the wind.

If they're letting TACs and TAC infinites rock, what else would be more urgent to balance?

Dahbomb

"We're leaving them in because Marvel is a game about freedom" or something similar to that.
iXUwpN9XwFvX8.gif

Dealwithit.gif

Welp, unless there's a new (good) versus game ever, I don't foresee myself picking up any more Capcpom games. DmC ain't my scene (I'll let someone else buy it :3), and RE6 can probably be done in a rental weekend or 2.

Origins looks fun of course but I can see myself skipping it too, that shit is broke as f*ck :lol.

Twas grand. Once this game rides off it's back to single player game land I go.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
"We're leaving them in because Marvel is a game about freedom" or something similar to that.

Alternatively:

Niitsuma: Eh? This is in the game? Okay, yeah I'll fix that like we did the previous infinites and I'll let people know on Twitter.
Capcom: No, you can't. We're not touching that game anymore, son.

Niitsuma said that he wished he could have gotten Gill in the game.

Yes, Gill. The crowd was dead silent, and some people even laughed.

However, the guy on the far left of the table (not the one at the podium) said he wanted Rei from BoF3 in, and I was honestly surprised when a good third of the crowd started cheering and clapping.

JazzmanZ

It's been a great run, despite all the trolling capcom did.

Sure maybe some of the character inclusions were ass, and some major ones were omitted, but damn was it a ride.

A wild ride.

Road

I still got a year and I still believe there is a patch in the works somewhere.

Your best chance is to go into the lab and find some game breaking glitch that offends the image of Marvel characters because even a game breaking glitch probably won't get patched at this point.

Dahbomb

Everyone knows if Gill was in the game he would have some retarded Phoenix style gimmick where he would revive himself after 5 bars. That's why people didn't cheer.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Your best chance is to go into the lab and find some game breaking glitch that offends the image of Marvel characters because even a game breaking glitch probably won't get patched at this point.

Hidden Underpants Mode glitch.

Really? Marvel gets jack shit and SFxT the bane of gamers everywhere gets a 25k tourney with a car? WTF Capcpom?
Fixed.

Really though, this is a company that, through multiple levels of hierarchy, can't figure out how to spell its own name. Managing one of its best IPs is beyond reasonable expectation.

Well, to be fair, SFxTK DOES need more help to get people to play it than Marvel does.
That's now how you do good business in entertainment, though. You don't say "Oh man, everyone loves our Spider-man movies but hates our Hulk films. Therefore, we are going to keep making Hulk films so people like those too, and put Spider-man on the bench." This isn't a manufacturing product like TVs or cell phones, where you want to ensure each one is doing great. If one does well, you're supposed to ride it out.

What realistically happens in the above situation is Spider-man fans wonder where their movies went, and when the next Hulk movie is announced no one cares aside from die hard fans. The same logic applies with SFxT. People are playing Marvel and Street Fighter IV, and they're happy. No one likes, or wants to like, SFxT. No one will care when it gets patched up because they sold all their copies and moved on. Capcom just doesn't get it.

That's now how you do good business in entertainment, though. You don't say "Oh man, everyone loves our Spider-man movies but hates our Hulk films. Therefore, we are going to keep making Hulk films so people like those too, and put Spider-man on the bench." This isn't a manufacturing product like TVs or cell phones, where you want to ensure each one is doing great. If one does well, you're supposed to ride it out.

We're talking about Capcpom.

Dahbomb

I would still lose the bet if I manage to find some costume glitch and they patch the game just for that glitch.

Iam with Sasa, I don't foresee myself buying a Capcpom game for a long time. This news didn't really changed that but there was at least some hope that I might put in some money in Capcom again. Doesn't look like it in the near future.

kirblar

The problem is the JP-centric nature of Capcom's decisionmaking.

Azure J

However, the guy on the far left of the table (not the one at the podium) said he wanted Rei from BoF3 in, and I was honestly surprised when a good third of the crowd started cheering and clapping.

I seriously thought of you when that happened. BoF love is strong.

Clashing hypers, 2vs2 like SFxTK's, something about different ways to combo, and what I think was MvC1-like assists.

The alt combo system (shit looked straight Yu Yu Hakusho, chase dashes after a wall bounce/hard launcher left or right, air grapples, ping-pong moves), clash and cheerleader assists were some of the most fascinating things of that panel. I wish if it had the pleasure of being shown off without the preface of "we aren't doing shit, now here's what an even more awesome Marvel would look like".

Dahbomb

I don't think this game is going to last 10 more years without some key changes. People are eventually going to get tired of TAC infinites, TODs, unreactable mix ups leading into character kills and Hame situations.

Game might survive longer if someone breaks the TAC system which leads to OS on TAC guesses.

The problem is the JP-centric nature of Capcom's decisionmaking.
It's not JP-centric. It's just bad decision making.

Evidence:
1) The current MvC3 vs. SFxT argument.
2) Spending more on Dragon's Dogma, an unproven "westernized" game, than any other title.
3) Asura's Wrath, a God of War rip-off.
4) Resident Evil mirroring successful western TPS games more and more.
5) MH3G not being localized; rumored no internet play for MH4.
6) AAI2 not being localized.
7) DmC.

Just look at that hodgepodge of crap. There's no rhyme or reason to it, no theme. It's just Capcom not really understanding what the hell it's doing. That has always been the case, though. Talented programmers keeping poor company decisions alive. Capcom once thought it would be a good idea to reboot the Street Fighter cast - why?

Something I typed on GFAQs applies as well:
Some companies just poorly manage their IPs. Capcom is one of them. They single-handedly killed off the entire fighting game genre back in the day. Think about the kind of talent for failing one must have to accomplish slaughtering a genre. A genre you own and created. If I said it without the history, you might think it's impossible, but it happened.

I seriously thought of you when that happened. BoF love is strong.
Haha, thanks. Rei would be a badass character, too. Wolverine with teleports, basically.

I don't think this game is going to last 10 more years without some key changes. People are eventually going to get tired of TAC infinites, TODs, unreactable mix ups leading into character kills and Hame situations.

Game might survive longer if someone breaks the TAC system which leads to OS on TAC guesses.
Agreed.

Grecco

TIME TO JUMP ON THE X23 BANDWAGON

Seems Marlinpie has seen Kubos tech and said "glitch is disgusting"

Gonna Get in early on that bandwagon

Mit-

TAC infinites are never going to be a problem imo.

I'm interested in this new defense tech that will apparently be unveiled by someone after EVO.

TIME TO JUMP ON THE X23 BANDWAGON

Seems Marlinpie has seen Kubos tech and said "glitch is disgusting"

Gonna Get in early on that bandwagon
:-O

I hope it's not just her ridiculously strong auto-correct stuff. Is it with X-23 only?

My guess is one touch = entire team dead

Also I think I might know what Justin's Wolverine tech is.
That's not a glitch, though. That's old Vanilla stuff. What do you think the Wolverine tech is?

Grecco

[AG] MarlinPie ‏@MarlinPie
@fubarduck figured it out in training mode in like 20 mins. this glitch will be exposed.

SHIT I AM HYPED NOW

Grecco

the glitch seems to rely on a dead character slot and tagging to the dead character as you cancel the tag in with some outrageous method.

WTF! HYPE HYPE HYPE

@fubarduck figured it out in training mode in like 20 mins. this glitch will be exposed.

SHIT I AM HYPED NOW
God damn the FGC and their meaning of exposed. Does he mean it will be exposed to the public, or that it will be exposed as a weak glitch?!

Dahbomb

That's not a glitch, though. That's old Vanilla stuff. What do you think the Wolverine tech is?
I didn't say it was a glitch, just tech. I know it sort of exists but in Vanilla you had more meter to do the BOGOs.

The tech is that during Berserker Charge Wolverine is so fast that he recovers faster after throw techs and he can grab opponents while they are in their throw recovery animation leading into basically guaranteed throw set ups.

THAT MARVEL TECH MY GOD!!!!!

Dahbomb

LOL lose a character... get better defensive capabilities.

I am REALLY curious about this tech. I wonder if the other Japanese players know about this, it could be HUGE!!!

Frantic

"[AG] MarlinPie ‏@MarlinPie
this glitch grants about 3 sec of invincibility as the point character disappears. after 3 sec the character will pop right back in safely "

What.

Grecco

this glitch grants about 3 sec of invincibility as the point character disappears. after 3 sec the character will pop right back in safely

I didn't say it was a glitch, just tech. I know it sort of exists but in Vanilla you had more meter to do the BOGOs.

The tech is that during Berserker Charge Wolverine is so fast that he recovers faster after throw techs and he can grab opponents while they are in their throw recovery animation leading into basically guaranteed throw set ups.

THAT MARVEL TECH MY GOD!!!!!
Goddamn, where'd you find out about that from? That's definitely possible as an option.

Im assuming its a way to avoid supers? or avoid being hit period? Its called "Kubo escape"......
It must be better than that, right? MarlinPie of all people wouldn't give a crap if you can just avoid a Shinkuu Hadoken while you're in standing neutral. It has to be bigger than that. I just can't fathom how.

Now now, better not patch this or it'll impose on creativity.
I want to know what it does first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom