• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my point character dies, I hold tag as it happens, then my 2nd character has power star invincibility for a few seconds?

Think I have this wrong...

Grecco

[AG] MarlinPie ‏@MarlinPie
i already told certain wc players the execution. but they will keep quiet also. FOR NOW.

Grecco

So my point character dies, I hold tag as it happens, then my 2nd character has power star invincibility for a few seconds?

Think I have this wrong...

It sounds like hes canceling the tag to the dead character with another motion, maybe canceling it with the motion to a special?

Dahbomb

Imagine if you could get out of Doom + Ammy THC with it.

Imagine if you could get out of Phoenix's trap set ups on incoming.

Imagine if you could get out of Round Trip mix ups.

Imagine if you could get out of unblockable set ups.

LETS GO!!!!!!

Grecco

[AG] MarlinPie ‏@MarlinPie
btw. this glitch is useful. not much of drawback. i tried with half of the cast so far. seems like an universal glitch

Im curious if you can use it when you come in.... Basically ensuring that your character will Always come in, when the first character dies, essentially killing off incoming mixups.

Is it a cross counter with the dead partner button?

Trying to think of how else you could trick-tag the game.

Simple, don't have to mash the stick, and is the only truly defensive tag mechanism...also, "it's fucking simple" leads me to believe its something super obvious.

It's been referred to as an 'escape', so I'm guessing you have to block something first and be able to "tag." So I would be led to believe incoming mixups are still intact. The way he tweeted it seems like the same character who tagged out will pop in safely.

Edit: The above is super wrong, I still don't know what I'm looking for :(

Imagine if you could get out of Doom + Ammy THC with it.

Imagine if you could get out of Phoenix's trap set ups on incoming.

Imagine if you could get out of Round Trip mix ups.

Imagine if you could get out of unblockable set ups.

LETS GO!!!!!!
LOL. Wouldn't it just be my luck that after I discover how to set up a guaranteed Stalking Flare unblockable for Firebrand, this comes out and counters it? As long as Stalking Flare doesn't "hit" the invincible character, and it can't be done at any time...GAH!

Grecco

Shit like Firebrand/X23/DoomAmmy mixups with the incoming character would effectively be worthless. This is pretty big.

Dahbomb

LOL. Wouldn't it just be my luck that after I discover how to set up a guaranteed Stalking Flare unblockable for Firebrand, this comes out and counters it? As long as Stalking Flare doesn't "hit" the invincible character, and it can't be done at any time...GAH!
This might kill some types of incoming character mix up set ups. This is a problem for anyone who uses mix ups as a big part of their game plan.

I know I do, I love incoming mix ups and it's definitely a big part of my game play (along with hard knockdown mix ups and air tech mix ups). I am VERY interested in this.

Zanmoto on GFAQs figured it out after 5 minutes in training mode. Makes it sound like it's easy to figure out once you think about the clues. I wish I had my PS3. :-( Get in there GAF and figure it out! You're just missing out on SFIV.

https://twitter.com/MarlinPie/status/221388137367224320
"and no it doesnt involve mashing on the stick lever.. its fucking simple."

It's fucking simple GAF, so go figure it out for me! ;-D

Ask him how to do it! Ask him how to do it! I'll never talk shit about GameFAQS again I swear.
I already asked, and I don't think he'll tell me. He told another member through Facebook, though. This must be really simply to get figured out. Someone here must be dedicated enough to experiment! :-(

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So, why did they tell anyone about it? I would have saved that shit and used it to cruise through pools, until a judge notified me if I can use it or not.

So, why did they tell anyone about it? I would have saved that shit and used it to cruise through pools, until a judge notified me if I can use it or not.
It's all the hype. It's hard to contain something like that.

Goddamn, pools tomorrow will be hilarious if this breaks out. We'll be seeing the game evolve before our eyes throughout the course of the matches as people try to figure out how to use this. Why can't I watch?! :-O

This makes it sound circumstantial:
https://twitter.com/MarlinPie/status/221385995759779840

mr. puppy

Banned
Deviljin on shoryuken has heard of another glitch:

"To explain it to what I know so far...supposedly there's a glitch where tagging into one of your dead characters allows you to spam their assist over and over. Except the assist can not die. "

Dahbomb

Just when you think you have seen everything....

Marvel baybee.

"To explain it to what I know so far...supposedly there's a glitch where tagging into one of your dead characters allows you to spam their assist over and over. Except the assist can not die. "
Sounds like a troll but if THAT is true the game is officially broken. LOL Dark Phoenix with 2 invincible assists. No way Capcom can leave something like that in there.... or can they?

FREEDOM!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT IS AMAZING.

Cheerleader Morrigan just got a boost! Now more than ever, I summon the power!

You got a link to his post, Mr. Puppy?

Dahbomb

Now I want that dead assist character rumor to be true just so it forces Capcom's hand.

That is more broken than both of these other glitches combined.

Now I want that dead assist character rumor to be true just so it forces Capcom's hand.

That is more broken than both of these other glitches combined.
If it's as literal as it sounds, it means endless streams of Flares and a permanent Firebrand level 3 for me.

Are the dead characters like fully invincible when they come as assists?

LOL RETURN OF TRON AND WRIGHT ASSISTS!!!!

I'd guess invincible in the sense that they can't die anymore, no that they don't have a hitbox, but who knows until they reveal exactly what the glitch is.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What ever it is, I'm guaranteeing that team Magnus May Cry is going to make hella people pringles, if it's as bad as some are alluding to.

Anth0ny

g9mebgdjwh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom