• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The Z-Axis glitch returns? ahahaha

So, like...what are you supposed to do to activate the glitch? I might hit the lab in a few.

Dahbomb

This tech that Marlin is talking, is the Kubota Escape or something else?
I am pretty sure Fubar confirmed it to be teh Kubota escape.

Someone on SRK is saying that you need your Assist available for it to work meaning it's not going to work on incoming. Still though it could be useful for other forms of mix ups.

Oldschoolgamer

Call me a scumbag player, but I would have saved that shit to get the trophy. Never-the-less, I'm mad that I have to wait until tomorrow to see it. >.> lol.

mr. puppy

Banned
I am pretty sure Fubar confirmed it to be teh Kubota escape.

Someone on SRK is saying that you need your Assist available for it to work meaning it's not going to work on incoming. Still though it could be useful for other forms of mix ups.

so shitty team's like abegens where calling the assist is useless b/c his team is ass is now amazing right?

had to troll hard

Azure J

I go out to get Chinese and Mahvel gets more Mahvel. Amazing. Gotta catch up, so I'll leave this as a placeholder for more WTF responses if no one else posts.

Dahbomb

If these 2 glitches are true, then rushdown is fucked. Hidden Missiles wins again.

Zombie assists...

ohhh.png

smurfx

get some go again
the one i'm really exited about is the kubo escape. this means many characters mixups on incoming characters are pointless and x factor also takes a huge nerf since many xf3 characters rely on their quickness to cross you up as you are coming in. 3 seconds of invincibility means a lot to people with x factor activated.

can't they still be hit out of it though? lariat will eat other assists.
It depends on what is meant by "invincible". If it means "this assist no longer has a hurtbox", then Lariat is much, much worse. If it means "this assist no longer takes damage, but can still be hit", then Lariat is intact, but it's hard to say how good the various assists are now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
can't they still be hit out of it though? lariat will eat other assists.

Haggar might be easiest to do this with if I understand how it works correctly. Assuming the character that dies on point becomes the invincible assist. So spam the hell out of Haggar until he has no life left, tag him in so he dies, do the glitch to have an invincible Haggar.

Still want to know what "invincible" means? Can I still hit the assist to stuff it? Or can they just not be touched?

Dahbomb

the one i'm really exited about is the kubo escape. this means many characters mixups on incoming characters are pointless and x factor also takes a huge nerf since many xf3 characters rely on their quickness to cross you up as you are coming in. 3 seconds of invincibility means a lot to people with x factor activated.
It doesn't work on incoming because it's basically a buffed version of raw tag escape. You can't raw tag out of incoming character mix ups.

But 3 seconds of invincibility is still massive, that's 3 seconds of clock wasted on an X factor character or a Doom + Ammy set up.

Azure J

All caught up. OH MY CHRIST

Zombie assists? Hsien-Ko got fuck mad at Niitsuma's trolling and decided to share her undead tech with the cast to break shit even further.

Kubo Escapes? That shit sounds fucking amazing.

MOTHERFUCKING MARVEL MAN. This game is digital cocaine I swear.

It doesn't work on incoming because it's basically a buffed version of raw tag escape. You can't raw tag out of incoming character mix ups.

But 3 seconds of invincibility is still massive, that's 3 seconds of clock wasted on an X factor character or a Doom + Ammy set up.
And what if you can loop it? :-/

smurfx

get some go again

oh i guess i misunderstood then. can this be spammed then? can you keep doing this until x factor runs out?

Dahbomb

Did you try having one of your characters killed off?

This could be used for time stalling too especially at the end of a match.

oh i guess i misunderstood then. can this be spammed then? can you keep doing this until x factor runs out?
It can't be spammed because you need your assist to be not on cool down. It's basically like a buffed version of raw tag escaping, can't be spammed that much.

Remy LeBeau? Gambit? Wasn't there a Gambit glitch in Marvel 2? What is going on?
MvC2 Gambit glitch pretty much broke the game and was ban-worthy.

Edit:
This video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4cLOQfBttw

It involves a snapback. Maybe that's the clue.

Edit: No, can't involve you doing a snapback, since MarlinPie said it costs no meter. Maybe you getting snapped back? That locks out assists, might mess stuff up.

LOL. Stop asking such specific questions about a glitch we haven't even seen yet.

lol@this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKH8N60EKc

Dahbomb

Canceling a hard tag into a snap back maybe?

WOULD BE HILARIOUS IF THIS WAS SETHS SNAP BACK TECH FROM VANILLA
Seth snap back tech is to hit someone when they are X factoring. You were vulnerable to a physical attack within 1 frame of X factoring and snap back being 1 frame allowed you to blow up XFC. Can't do that anymore with Snap backs being 2 frame.

Oldschoolgamer

Under normal circumstances, you don't fly to the other side of the screen, off of a snapback do you? It just happened to me in training. lol. The screen shook and everything. lol

edit: Magnus hit the character and slid to the other side of the screen after he snapped him out. He hit the wall and the screen bounced for a split second. Looked weird as hell.

Solune

Awesome progress today.
Took the day off work.
Made some excellent progress with my Zero Team
Watched Amazing Spiderman which was indeed awesome.
EVO going on.
New Marvel Tech discovered.

For everything else there's mastercard

Azure J

What input was most important in triggering the Gambit glitch? I read Marlin's hints as dead character + do something like Gambit/Gambit's glitch so let's start from there.

Dahbomb

Awesome progress today.
Took the day off work.
Made some excellent progress with my Zero Team
Watched Amazing Spiderman which was indeed awesome.
EVO going on.
New Marvel Tech discovered.

For everything else there's mastercard
Today has been a good day minus the Capcom panel.

Oh and slightly off topic but because the embargo on TDKR reviews has been lifted... spoilers AHOY!!!!! We are talking movie ending spoilers here so please stay the FUCK AWAY from anything that is TDKR related if you care about watching the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom