• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
so this is good against random supers and getting chipped out.

thats about it.
edit: oh wait, Abegens team is free to this shit. No more command grab thcs after block strings lol.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The only thing about that is that you'll have to eat an incoming mixup. If it's She-Hulk, he can run and tag you in the air, then Anti-Air hyper you. lol. Thor can command grab you. lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't like how the glitch doesn't use meter or anything. They could just keep doing it again and again.
Seems very specific. Like you have to have exactly 2 characters it looks like. And I didn't see how the invinciblity worked in the vid at all. Like is it invincible when you comeback in or what?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Seems very specific. Like you have to have exactly 2 characters it looks like. And I didn't see how the invinciblity worked in the vid at all.
There's no extra invincibility. Just the amount you get during a tag-out and the waiting period for that character to come back in. Once he jumps back into the fray everything returns to normal, basically. Didn't test if it was possible with 1 remaining character.

Basically, hold the assist button for your dead character long enough to initiate a hard tag during your opponent's super freeze. Once you've held it long enough (i.e. once the announcer says "Crossover attack!") but before the opponent's super freeze ends, perform a snap back with the other assist button. Your point will jump offscreen and then jump back in from the side that the dead character was killed, it seems.

Off to pools.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There's no extra invincibility. Just the amount you get during a tag-out and the waiting period for that character to come back in. Once he jumps back into the fray everything returns to normal, basically. Didn't test if it was possible with 1 remaining character.

Basically, hold the assist button for your dead character long enough to initiate a hard tag during your opponent's super freeze. Once you've held it long enough (i.e. once the announcer says "Crossover attack!") but before the opponent's super freeze ends, perform a snap back with the other assist button. Your point will jump offscreen and then jump back in from the side that the dead character was killed, it seems.

Off to pools.

Thanks for the explanation.

And good luck!

Mit-

Glitch will be useful in online matches. Glitch will almost never useful in a high level match. Most hypers when whiffed don't last long, and if you do the Kubota Escape you just subject yourself to an incoming mixup. No thank you.

You have to have a dead character (NOT your anchor btw), they have to random hyper, and you have to be on the ground, in neutral status (not whiffing a move or getting hit in a combo).

Most of the time you could just punish the random hyper. This is good for when you have a dead character and you're about to eat a random Hailstorm or beam hyper. I guess that's good to know, but this isn't really a big deal.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, YEEEEEEESSSSSS SENTINEL INFINITE IN A MATCH ON STREAM

shaowebb

Yo Marlinpie and PR Rog are OUT. I saw Marlin getting outed before top 8, but not like this. PR Rog though is a surprise. I expected more.

shaowebb

BIONIC AAAAAAAAAARM!

EDIT: Lol. I'm so hype watching Yipes crush Richard Nguyen that I didn't even realize I was posting over here. Yipes is crushing souls off of how he converts Spencer's command grab. So ridiculously powerful on those converts. Full character kills every time.

shaowebb

Killa Sasa has a new favorite player in MAMESPIDERMAN.

That match vs Cl0ckwork was incredible. Props to Cl0ckwork, but what could he have done against that?

shaowebb

EDIT: Dammit! Closing this window. Posted again. Also Yipes may be DQ-ed. I don't know if he showed for his match vs Justin Wong...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Killa Sasa has a new favorite player in MAMESPIDERMAN.

That match vs Cl0ckwork was incredible. Props to Cl0ckwork, but what could he have done against that?
Not double jumped at the end for one.

To be honest that was a huge risk but a very unexpected one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dear Killer Sasa,

iMM50pCjlxegW.gif

Via Road in the EVO thread.

The theme of Evo this year is people losing to "low tier" characters because Americans are too busy picking "high tiers" for easy wins.

If Clock didn't press anything he would've been fine

Still not my favorite player but that was a badass comeback.

God Bless The Spider. He's a menace.

Grecco

Did we see Justins rumored Wolverine tech in that last match? Involving swisse cheese?

it looked like he used Swiss cheese after a teched throw? Maybe im nuts.

Dahbomb

Combofiend (She Hulk, Spencer, Taskmaster, Nova, Hawkeye)
FChamp (Magneto, Doom, Dormammu, Phoenix)
Flocker (Zero, Vergil, Hawkeye, Strider)
Infrit (Nova, Spencer, Sentinel)

ChrisG (Morrigan, Doom, Akuma)
Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma)
Frutsy (MODOK, Captain America, Taskmaster)
Y2J (Wolverine, Spencer, Magneto)

3 Spencer
2 Doom
2 Magneto
2 Wolverine
2 Nova
2 Taskmaster
2 Hawkeye
1 Zero
1 Vergil
1 Captain America
1 MODOK
1 She Hulk
1 Storm
1 Morrigan
1 Sentinel
1 Dormammu
1 Strider
1 Phoenix

I am completely OK with this. Frutsy is the main "out of left field" player on that top 8, the others are known top players. Those WNF points really helped out Y2J and Infrit, they dodged a lot of top players because of those seeding points. 3 of the previous top 8 players made it this year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Alright picks for the winner tomorrow?

Uh I'll say FChamp. And maybe he can use his prize money to buy a belt to keep his damn pants on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom