• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Tac Infinites were used

i think the wolvie tech was used

no escape tech, and no sign of the rumored zombie assist, or the rouge yoshi rumor but its just one tournament

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FChamp most likely.

Combofiend most likely out of those I want to win.

Frusty I want to win most for MODOK salt, but it's highly unlikely.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think we're waaay past the point of MODOK salt. He makes people hype.
I'm waiting for people to scream "lol people can win with joke characters in this game? Marvel is so random/stupid." THERE IS ALWAYS ONE!

EDIT:
Sorry if posted but Kubota Glitch explanation & Tutorial. Still don't kind of get it, but I understand the applications. Seriously situation-specific though. I feel the timing would make this pretty much impractical if it is indeed that strict (on flash of opponent's super) and still requires an unprotected hard tag back in, you need to be in neutral state, etc.

Gamespot interviews Yipes, Chou, Combofiend, more about UMvC3's first day at EVO.

Yeah, I PMed him on GFAQs and asked him if he'd mind me forwarding his PSN along to you. I thought you might want to play him. He said he won for really embarrassing reasons - major execution errors like messing up Doom's corner relaunch.

That...that...was very nice of you....

*sob

Hard truths - I would be a better player if I didn't rely on instincts 100% of the time.

Examples - I have such a n00by Wesker. Even though I fully know, and can easily do, his ABC combo and end with wallbounce strike. I never do it.

Then with hulk when relaunching I should be using M and >M then S but I always just use S. I can do it hundred times in the lab but in a real game I never do it.

Also, contradictory to every Wright player, I feel I do better in Investigation mode then Trial mode. I feel Trial mode combos are WAY to situational and having only the wimpy crouching L for a low hit is terribad.

Niitsuma wants to keep supporting us...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!

This is like the SO that keeps saying he/she loves you but neglects you. :-/

Edit: Magnus kind of irritates me. He reminds me of the kind of person that spends all day arguing in SRK's tier list thread.

Edit2: Nevermind, he just doesn't know what's going on. "Can Magneto make level 3 comebacks?" SRSLY?

Nit is saying he WANTS to update the game but the execs won't let him.

So feel bad for him.

EDIT: NOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA pulling out that Annihilus tech.

Absolutely wild. Just like last year, a player that very few people thought would take it is in grand finals.

I'd rather type here than have to argue with all the people in the Evo thread who don't know anything about this game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Absolutely wild. Just like last year, a player that very few people thought would take it is in grand finals.

I'd rather type here than have to argue with all the people in the Evo thread who don't know anything about this game.
Respect. I am too hype at the moment. EVO thread isn't the place for logical discussion anyways, it moves far too fast. This thread will serve that purpose in the coming days/weeks.

Magus also said Strider is useless alone, which is bewildering.

Respect. I am too hype at the moment. EVO thread isn't the place for logical discussion anyways, it moves far too fast. This thread will serve that purpose in the coming days/weeks.

Magus also said Strider is useless alone, which is bewildering.
And She-Hulk has no answer to Morrigan, and Doom's j.M chips.

Edit: So many blunders with Dormammu by Champ. My jaw dropped when he had the smarts to OTG + EMD after that air throw, but then dashed back.

Damn...somehow I missed the Infrit/Champ set. What happened?
Ifrit went 3-2 against Champ. It was 2-0 but Champ started making better decisions. In the end, Nova just rocked his team, especially Phoenix, a little too hard.

POLL:
How do you all pronounce "TAC"? I say "tack", and these announcers saying "Tee Aye Cee" is driving me nuts.

EDIT:
LOL, I'm the only person between FChamp, ChrisG, and Yipes that knows Hawkeye has a response to Stalking Flare.

EDIT2:
HOLY FUCK SO MANY BAD DECISIONS IN THAT LAST MATCH:
1) Morrigan can duck under Plasma Beam. WHY DOES CHRISG KEEP GETTING HIT IN A CHIPPING MATCH?
2) Champ did multiple chip out hypers, and Morrigan was on the ground. Where was the Shadow Servant?!
3) Raw tagging in that kind of situation? Jesus.
4) After Morrigan does j.S toward the end, go straight into Shadow Servant for the win.

Four distinct moments within 10 seconds that ChrisG threw that match away.

EDIT3: Double fuck, I just realized my main is in danger of winning Evo.

THIS
CANNOT
HAPPEN

Good job to Fchamp for winning. He deserved it. He put the most work in and took Marvel the most serious. Also congrats to Infrit.

Maybe he will get sponsored after this.

Now I have to spend the next year trying to explain why Hidden Missiles, and not Dormammu, is the problem, and hope to the three Fates that Niitsuma gets it. Aggggghhh.

Now I have to spend the next year trying to explain why Hidden Missiles, and not Dormammu, is the problem, and hope to the three Fates that Niitsuma gets it. Aggggghhh.

Tier whore.

lololol

Seriously though, Dread Lord is a beast. Ridiculous two-way character, and he's how good every character would be in a perfect world. Best newcomer if I'm not playing favourites for Laura.

Frantic

There are few things in this game I legitimately fear more than Hidden Missiles. Hate that assist so much. :(

Dahbomb

Tier whore, FChamp nut hugger, copy cat, dick rider etc.

Get used to it bro.

If there was a patch incoming... Hidden Missiles would've been on the top of the list. Single handedly beat everything in the game. The most OP thing in the meta game because there is nothing as strong as a pseudo-combo breaker in Marvel. Dorm is going to be safe from changes based on that EVO performance.

Would be hilarious if Capcom nerfs Nova and Sentinel.... LMAO!!!

Dahbomb

How do you all pronounce "TAC"? I say "tack", and these announcers saying "Tee Aye Cee" is driving me nuts.
I pronounce it like the commentators do. Just like I call DHCs Dee Atch Cees and THCs Tee Atch Cees.

TACK just sounds tacky.

Evo was crazy. Tons of intense hype. The most crushing hype was Chris G blowing it on his final match. So close.
The matches were insane I couldn't believe my eyes on most of them. I know people are going to go back and analyze that saying "oh why did he do that! He could've won that right there if he had done that!" Great stuff, will watch again soon.

Big stage, big pressure, big plays were on the line. The top 8 was filled with players doing remarkable stuff and performing impeccable reads after reads. Mistakes were made yes but a lot of decisions have a though process behind them that the player was going through. Something may look dumb in hindsight but if that something had worked out it would've been the smartest thing ever and people were doing smart stuff all tournament long. Very easy to criticize people on chokes but it is what it is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EVO definitely lived up to expectations. Congrats to the Champ, he deserved it (if it wasn't self-evident already).

TAC is an acronym.. pronounce it as such. Tee Aye See.

Someone put up the salt shield in this thread, QUICK.

kirblar

Don't worry. Anyone with a brain can see it's the Missiles. (Just give em the Drones/Flame Carpet treatment.)

Grecco

Still dont believe there will be a patch before evo 2013. So what we have is what we have.

I think Magus is solid at comentary jmo tho.

smurfx

get some go again
sorry but the spell coming out even if he gets hit is b.s since he can now do them in the air and get them much quicker.

Tier whore.

lololol
Tier whore, FChamp nut hugger, copy cat, dick rider etc.

Get used to it bro.
God damn it.

At least I don't use Hidden Missiles anymore. I actually get a lot of randoms I fight that PM me and wonder why my name looks familiar or thank me for the Dormammu guide. I'm not too worried about people slamming me, especially since I only play friends usually. It just justifies all of the morons who get hit by Purification 10 times in a row that call for Dormammu nerfs. Gah.

Seriously though, Dread Lord is a beast. Ridiculous two-way character, and he's how good every character would be in a perfect world. Best newcomer if I'm not playing favourites for Laura.
I agree entirely.

There are few things in this game I legitimately fear more than Hidden Missiles. Hate that assist so much. :(
Ditto.

If there was a patch incoming... Hidden Missiles would've been on the top of the list. Single handedly beat everything in the game. The most OP thing in the meta game because there is nothing as strong as a pseudo-combo breaker in Marvel. Dorm is going to be safe from changes based on that EVO performance.

Would be hilarious if Capcom nerfs Nova and Sentinel.... LMAO!!!
Last Evo, all 6 characters grand finals characters got huge nerfs, even though the entire game was obviously based on OP invincible assists. I have no doubts that Dormammu will get nerfs, but the question is what will those nerfs be.

Evo was crazy. Tons of intense hype. The most crushing hype was Chris G blowing it on his final match. So close.
ChrisG's mistakes were really mind-blowing, but not using Hard Drive against Doom's Photon Array has to be the biggest fuck-up of this tournament, even worse than Viscant's. When you play Sentinel on anchor, 95% of what you do is look for things to Hard Drive. How did it not happen?!

EVO definitely lived up to expectations. Congrats to the Champ, he deserved it (if it wasn't self-evident already).

TAC is an acronym.. pronounce it as such. Tee Aye See.

Someone put up the salt shield in this thread, QUICK.
Most acronyms spell words and are pronounced as words these days. MADD, etc.

Don't worry. Anyone with a brain can see it's the Missiles. (Just give em the Drones/Flame Carpet treatment.)
How many people have a brain, though? :-/

Still dont believe there will be a patch before evo 2013. So what we have is what we have.

I think Magus is solid at comentary jmo tho.
Magus is okay, he just doesn't know the game.

sorry but the spell coming out even if he gets hit is b.s since he can now do them in the air and get them much quicker.
You need to make them worth the time to gather in comparison to Purification. It's hard to justify throwing away the time for a guaranteed (we'll say, since your opponent has to be doing nothing dangerous to gather Dark Spells) 80K chip damage otherwise. In Vanilla, the only Dark Spell that ever got used was 3D0C.

It's very player's fault if Dormammu earns 3 Dark Spells. There's a penalty for that. Hidden Missiles just makes it too easy, so it looks like Dark Spells are overpowered. In non-HM matches, it's a lot of work to get those spells going.

FSLink

Banned
ChrisG's mistakes were really mind-blowing, but not using Hard Drive against Doom's Photon Array has to be the biggest fuck-up of this tournament, even worse than Viscant's. When you play Sentinel on anchor, 95% of what you do is look for things to Hard Drive. How did it not happen?!

I'm pretty positive he whiffed the input.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gold Ranger is still number 1 in my heart.

iG6ohskKSYZ0y.jpg
ibez9rPIT2EsaN.jpg

Frantic

I saw a Rocket Punch before the Photon Arrays hit. Probably panicked and screwed up his inputs.

There was also the miscalculation against Magneto when he tried to chip him out. That cost him the entire tournament, really.

Dahbomb

Most of the people who are salty are the ones who wanted a happy story book ending. An honest player working his way up every day by attending locals and getting better as a player with each battle vs a heinous character who plays mind games, shit talks, feels himself, makes outrageous claims and does other questionable stuff.

People just wanted a moral victory. Too bad EVO isn't a competition about morals or personality.

Basically if Ifrit had won it would've been the "best" Marvel EVO. FChamp winning EVO makes it the "worst" according to many when the level of play is exactly the same, only the results differ. I am more interested in the level of play and it exceeded my expectations.

Grecco

Most of the people who are salty are the ones who wanted a happy story book ending. An honest player working his way up every day by attending locals and getting better as a player with each battle vs a heinous character who plays mind games, shit talks, feels himself, makes outrageous claims and does other questionable stuff.

People just wanted a moral victory. Too bad EVO isn't a competition about morals or personality.

Basically if Ifrit had won it would've been the "best" Marvel EVO. FChamp winning EVO makes it the "worst" according to many when the level of play is exactly the same, only the results differ. I am more interested in the level of play and it exceeded my expectations.

Im mostly disapointed it boiled down to Infrits mistakes, not Champs godly play. Champ has easily been the best marvel player right now. Many have said it. Him winning Evo certifies it. People are still gonna be salty cause hes a complete douchebag. Its the Cocky Jock in highschool getting the girl. Nobody is going to like it.

I agree entirely. I'm just upset about Dormammu getting nerfed in the next patch. I'm entirely cool with Champ winning as a person. He's definitely the best
Hidden Missiles user
there. I kid, he's a fantastic player.

Vice

F.Champ winning was predictable that's the worst part. He like drama but he does it all on purpose so it doesn't bother me. Infrit's run was pretty impressive though, I don't think anyone even predicted he would make top 8.

Dahbomb

I agree entirely. I'm just upset about Dormammu getting nerfed in the next patch. I'm entirely cool with Champ winning as a person. He's definitely the best
Hidden Missiles user
there. I kid, he's a fantastic player.
There isn't even a patch coming. At least not in the near future so you get to enjoy your Dorm for a bit. Don't think he is going to be touched too hard anyway, I mean yeah everyone in top 2 of Vanilla got nerfed but those characters should've been nerfed anyway. Maybe Dorm gets the Wesker treatment, who knows.

Marvel is still the hypest game on the planet, I was thoroughly entertained through out the weekend.

Marvel ended up having the most predictable end result, kind of a shocker.

Man I'd love to see some stats on how many times hidden missiles blew up the opponents combos or forced them to drop their combo. Its little things like that that make all the difference in the world. In Champ's case I think at least 3-4 times in top 8 missiles ended up saving his Magneto. The more chances you give somone of that calibur the harder it is to win. I really think more and more players are eventually going to pick Doom with missiles

Dahbomb

Man I'd love to see some stats on how many times hidden missiles blew up the opponents combos or forced them to drop their combo. Its little things like that that make all the difference in the world. In Champ's case I think at least 3-4 times in top 8 missiles ended up saving his Magneto. The more chances you give somone of that calibur the harder it is to win. I really think more and more players are eventually going to pick Doom with missiles
Hidden Missiles is game changing and game controlling, it's the best assist in the game and I am fucking tired of it's bull shit.

There isn't even a patch coming. At least not in the near future so you get to enjoy your Dorm for a bit. Don't think he is going to be touched too hard anyway, I mean yeah everyone in top 2 of Vanilla got nerfed but those characters should've been nerfed anyway. Maybe Dorm gets the Wesker treatment, who knows.

Marvel is still the hypest game on the planet, I was thoroughly entertained through out the weekend.

Marvel ended up having the most predictable end result, kind of a shocker.
I can read between the lines: THE END IS NIGH.

In all seriousness, I can live with Dormammu nerfs. As long as they don't undo some of the really basic shit he needed in Vanilla and got in Ultimate, like a universal blockstring, the ability to attack out of backward air dashes, and having the only Vanilla throw that caused a soft knockdown. That all needed to go. If they want to nerf Liberations or something, it'll be stupid, but I can deal with it. Nerf his damage and health, I don't care.

Also, agreed on Marvel hype. I was on the edge of my seat for top 8. Every second of play was just so...high level. I even screamed out a few times, and I never do that.

I'll also throw out there that Ifrit has one of the best Sentinels out there. It's super basic, but it's effective. I see a lot of people who control him like he's trying to break dance in place or something, never moving while strutting his legs all around. Ifrit kept it simple but effective and made some solid comebacks against FChamp that I didn't expect.

Hidden Missiles is game changing and game controlling, it's the best assist in the game and I am fucking tired of it's bull shit.
My feelings on Hidden Missiles mirror yours, but I also know that it's the only assist in the game that lets Dormammu counter teleporters, so I have a bit of love for it though I hate Doom. If Hidden Missiles was attached to a character I liked playing, I'd use it (but not defend it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom