• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
man there is no justice like marvel justice. guy caught me in a happy birthday and killed task and hawkeye and taunted when he did. well i ocv'd his team with haggar and it was glorious. guy was using spencer/dante/wesker too so it wasn't easy.

edit: omg same thing just happened except i ocv's his team with hawkeye. gotta be careful with my assist calls. -_-

That's so much scaling, though!

Yeah, personally I prefer doing just MS or MMS if I can since it's better for getting to the corner and positioning.

He's definitely a top candidate. I just can't do his goddamn combos. Mr. Flapper whiffs half the time no matter how I vary my air input.

Rocket Skates as soon as you land and cancel them to the bear trap. I don't really use it, but then again I rarely need it.

wingz

man there is no justice like marvel justice. guy caught me in a happy birthday and killed task and hawkeye and taunted when he did. well i ocv'd his team with haggar and it was glorious. guy was using spencer/dante/wesker too so it wasn't easy.

edit: omg same thing just happened except i ocv's his team with hawkeye. gotta be careful with my assist calls. -_-

Excellent job. Man, this is the only game where taunting totally rubs me the wrong way. I totally hate it. Most of time it helps me beat the person in the next match, if I were playing some player matches.

Speaking of taunts, am I the only one that thinks Ammy's taunt and victory pose are totally backwards?

I mean, seriously, victory howl for a taunt and yawning when you win? Really?

Interesting. You have to wonder why Capcom would give a crap about showing the origins of MvC3 if it doesn't lead up to anything.

Also, I hate modern licensing law. Who cares if it's X-Men specific or if it just happens to have X-Men characters in it? Guh.

notworksafe

Well shit. I bought this yesterday, so I guess I better start working on a team...

I'm liking X, Trish, and Wesker so far. Is this even worthwhile?

Dahbomb

Well shit. I bought this yesterday, so I guess I better start working on a team...

Yes it's a solid combination because it has unblockable technology. RDK/Jago play the combination with either Dante or Doom.

notworksafe

Yes it's a solid combination because it has unblockable technology. RDK/Jago play the combination with either Dante or Doom.

Hm okay. I'll try those guys out too. My vanilla team was Sent/Haggar/Phoenix but I suppose that's not really worth pursuing any more.

Dahbomb

You can try point Haggar. Put Trish on the Beam assist and work your way in while fishing for the unblockables with Wesker low gun shot. You got combo extensions to do heavy damage or you can trap them with the Round Harvest into Haggar then Low Gun shot + Pipe for unblockable. If Haggar gets injured then you can tag in Wesker for Viscant style Wesker play along with the Beam assist if you need it. Against rushdown/teleport heavy teams you can try Peakaboo assist, it's very effective.

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/222725132706250753
https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/222731435696599040
https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/222741336065974272
https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/222743052081577984

Worthwhile for what? If fun, then yes.

Most people who run Trish/Wesker abuse Round Harvest + Samurai Edge for unblockables. Generally, Dante or Doom as the third.

Dahbomb

I hope more players go back to the drawing board like the Japanese are planning. The way this game is shaping up you need multiple characters and teams to keep up with all the other characters/teams to gain an advantage.

I am especially looking at all those Zero May Cry players that got bodied hard in top 128 and pools.

Grecco

They could simply share profits with Activision. Similar to what Konami did to get TMNT on XBLA but i dont think they want that.

Also regarding switiching teams. YEP im planning on switching teams after Evo,

1.The Game will not recieve any updates or changes right now so what we have is what we have

2.So i want something that can survive the uncoming meta game shift.

notworksafe

Worthwhile for what? If fun, then yes.

Most people who run Trish/Wesker abuse Round Harvest + Samurai Edge for unblockables. Generally, Dante or Doom as the third.

Well worthwhile for something other than fun, I guess. So is X pretty rough? She's got some fun little tricks but I don't know how viable she is.

I'll give Dante, Doom, and Hagger shots and see which I like. I'm still rotating through the cast as I play to see if anyone catches my attention. Morrigan seems fun but dat damage. :\ I am having fun with Ammy too but she seems difficult.

smurfx

get some go again
I hope more players go back to the drawing board like the Japanese are planning. The way this game is shaping up you need multiple characters and teams to keep up with all the other characters/teams to gain an advantage.

I am especially looking at all those Zero May Cry players that got bodied hard in top 128 and pools.
you know my team does pretty well against all matchups. i can change my order to counter everything. obviously i still have problems but i generally know what to do.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just messing around for now. I'll probably be back in here with bitching and/or more questions before long.

Funny, I also got the game yesterday and I started using X-23 as well. I wonder what it is about that character that appeals to noobs. I was also thinking Wesker because I'm a Resi fanboy and he can teleport and shoot guns and shit. I was thinking Hawkeye as my third because he looked cool in Evo, but I'll probably just play around in mission mode and see which characters I like.

notworksafe

There's a local player who used X for a while and watching the stuff he did made me interested in her. She just has cool looking combos imo.

smurfx

get some go again
the x men universe is the one that is bought i'm guessing. as long as you are just using marvel characters then its okay.

Grecco

And just a guess but Avengers is probably off the table too

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=10569

large_loki_knee_thortcm2153644.jpg

Loki would have been fun in MVC

I'm having trouble with Spencer. After doing his forward special, i can't seem to get the timing correct to grab the opponent using the jump -> hook. Is there anything specific to this movement?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
And just a guess but Avengers is probably off the table too

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=10569

large_loki_knee_thortcm2153644.jpg

Loki would have been fun in MVC

That is one awful Thor model. He has basketballs for biceps.

Also come October Avengers vs X-Men will have rolled by, so branding it after that wouldn't make much sense. If they want synergy with their comic line they could call the update Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: NOW or whatever the next flavor of the month is depending on how far from now they want to release it. Haven't given up all hope for an eventual update or MvC4 myself, but it may be a ways off and riding on Origins doing well.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Grecco

Its pretty obvious its "Avengers" themed to get the movie buzz but it has Wolverine/Magneto/Storm characters barely related to the Avengers franchise. Fact that its kinect/waggle based makes me sad.

I'm having trouble with Spencer. After doing his forward special, i can't seem to get the timing correct to grab the opponent using the jump -> hook. Is there anything specific to this movement?
Learn the names of his moves and come back so we know what you're talking about.

The game is a tag fighter too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KXejm6PM0

I definetly believe this had something to do with the fact that Capcom isnt touching Marvel......
Dear lord that game looks awful. My sympathies to every developer that has to try and make Kinect worthwhile.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Its pretty obvious its "Avengers" themed to get the movie buzz but it has Wolverine/Magneto/Storm characters barely related to the Avengers franchise. Fact that its kinect/waggle based makes me sad.

They may be banking on something like this being more accessible to a larger audience. I can see kids getting a kick out of throwing energy balls with Marvel characters but for the sake of Capcom returning to the franchise I hope it doesn't catch on.

Dahbomb

Cap, Nova and Task are all in the category of simple yet effective/solid characters. So happy to see Cap make top 5 at EVO.

Anyone know why ChrisG used his OG team against Justin? When he picked that team I seriously thought he had mind fucked himself out of EVO but then he won matches with that team and I have to wonder what his game plan was going in with that team.

smurfx

get some go again
He does a fuck ton of damage too for how basic his stuff is. He's like a easier to use Taskmaster in terms of easy high damage
yeah no matter how many times i get hit with hyper charging star it always amazes me how much damage it does. similar is hulk's meteor smash and also trish's projectile hyper.

Grecco

Cap, Nova and Task are all in the category of simple yet effective/solid characters. So happy to see Cap make top 5 at EVO.

Anyone know why ChrisG used his OG team against Justin? When he picked that team I seriously thought he had mind fucked himself out of EVO but then he won matches with that team and I have to wonder what his game plan was going in with that team.

Nova and Cap at least have better mixups vs incoming characters than Task :(

Which team was Justin using again? If he swapped because of the Wolverine team, it was because Ice Storm XFC Ice Storm is too difficult for Hidden Missiles to deal with. If it was against Vergil, it's because Spiral Swords waltzes right through Soul Fist. I think it was the former situation, but remind me?

He does a fuck ton of damage too for how basic his stuff is. He's like a easier to use Taskmaster in terms of easy high damage
I hate fighting Captain America. If zoning becomes more popular, so will he.

Captain America's response to anything I do with Morrigan or Dormammu:
HAIPUR CHARGIN STAWR!

yeah no matter how many times i get hit with hyper charging star it always amazes me how much damage it does. similar is hulk's meteor smash and also trish's projectile hyper.
High Voltage tickles. The thing about Hyper Charging Star is that if any hit connects, he gets all of the hyper's hits. So it's not like Berserker Barrage X, which wears out hits as it travels.

Grecco

Chris G knew Justin was going to go with his Spencer/Vergil/Frank team which hurts his Morrigan team. Once Justin switched to his vanilla day one team he trapped him. Storm might do well vs Morrigan but Wolverine is pretty bad.

Dahbomb

Justin picks Spencer/Vergil/Frank team... ChrisG counters with Ryu/Wesker/Hawkeye team.

Justin then counter picks that team with his Wolverine/Storm/Akuma team... ChrisG counter picks it with his Morrigan team.

ChrisG wins one more and Justin decides to stick it out with his Wolverine team.

I am just confused as to how Ryu/Wesker/Hawkeye beats Spencer/Vergil/Frank or what was ChrisG's logic behind picking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom