• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it really is just getting hit while in a capture state it seems to only last until the opponent is grounded, otherwise Spencer would do even more damage.

I would try something like drones or Agamotto.

Solune

So during capture attacks call assists to reset the hitstun and damage scaling? If that is true, then Hawkeye/RR/Magneto's damage all went up. Any other characters that can capture an opponent?

Definitely does not work with Hyper Grav, would've been discovered long ago. I read Rayray's tweet, seems to work with Hawkeye and Deadpool so far. Not sure about RR.

Azure J

So has to be an capture attack that:

Does not move them

LOL.

OMG, Spidey's assist just got better. WTF.

Strider and Spidey best friends?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM7u28R21sM&feature=player_embedded

You know, I really feel like the intro videos to both Vanilla and Ultimate Marvel 3 were very big spoilers to things in the metagame. Vanilla's video begins and what do we see? Ryu completely demolished. Who's responsible? Wolverine.

Ultimate goes and starts with a scene of Jean passing down the title of "Dark" character to none other than Wesker, Hulk works stupidly well with Haggar, and now we get technology that aids Strider from Spiderman. Clearly we need to experiment more with pairs as per the Ultimate FMV opening. :lol

Loooool Niitsuma was right

Masterfully played. #BasedNiitsuma breaking out excerpts from the cookbook for Marvel swag and we couldn't see it through our salt. :lol

So Nemesis and X23.....

Dante and Ghost Rider......

Ryu and Nova........

LOL.

Also Skrull may be able to exploit this glitch as well with worm squash. On point that is.

Yes, worm squash is a capture state. And OTGs. So combo, worm squash into drones. Reset scaling. LMAO.

Dahbomb

Can we go one day in Marvel without someone discovering some new tech???

SRK saying that this is RogueYoshi's new tech that he's been hiding. Cat's out of the bag it appears.

Solune

Can we go one day in Marvel without someone discovering some new tech???

The funny this is Rogueyoshi discovering it in Vanilla after only 2 weeks after the release. Dude is dwarf or something.

Either I'm doing it wrong or it doesn't work. Eh, it's not like it'd actually be useful though since it'd require comboing into net trap and that's just not very convenient :/

Yah it's one thing to do it in Training, and another to do it during a match. I was watching ShadyK in training mode for a good I don't know, 2 hours? And he was doing some cool shit with Vergil/Doom(He was using my team!!) but I never see him do it in a match. Incorporating assists DURING a hitconfirm is pretty difficult unless you have alot of time to do it like Zero or something.

Yeah and wasn't removed. And now we have characters with dangerous capture states in RR/Hawkeye. This is pretty big for them.

And Spidey now is the best combo extension character.

Yah it's one thing to do it in Training, and another to do it during a match. I was watching ShadyK in training mode for a good I don't know, 2 hours? And he was doing some cool shit with Vergil/Doom(He was using my team!!) but I never see him do it in a match. Incorporating assists DURING a hitconfirm is pretty difficult unless you have alot of time to do it like Zero or something.

It's not just the hitconfirming with assists, for the trap to work at all the opponent needs to be completely grounded and that really limits it :/

Continuing with our FGC:Anime comparisons, Rogueyoshi is motherfucking Dr. Gero.

Then he better stop finding glitches before they end up killing him.

I think pretty much. You have to hitconfirm with an assist at the same time as you hitconfirm. Still in due to the Pool video. Unsure on the Spidey assist workage. Probably the same way.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I understand exactly zero things on this page. Whatever it is, it seems to be a big deal.

Old DHC glitch back from the dead. Now doesn't use DHC uses capture states of moves and cost no meter. Thus making spider-man one of the best assist in the game now for some characters

shaowebb

Hitting characters out of captured states with an assist resets damage scaling?

I wonder if this technology can be applied to Magneto's Hyper Grav along with Hawkeye.

Oh wow...that really means a potential increase in Spiderman players and Deadpool players in my eyes. Deadpool doing bolo combos on point with an assist and Spidey on web ball assist helping other guys without a capture state could be a big deal. Combos that utilize captures...hmm...stupid finals. This has me interested.

I had a fun experience today. In XF3 I was able to shoot a fireball with Morrigan from the ground and airdash behind my opponent to make it cross up. Led to a full combo. :)

I almost got gimmicked out by a Jill. God damn is the character scary. Luckily the guy's other characters weren't too good.
I played a Jill a month ago that reset me 6 times and I didn't even leave the ground. I had no idea what was going on, lol. She's a quick one.

Damn this thread has really picked up since EVO.

Karst I don't really think Wright is a good anchor unless under one condition.

As anchor Wright doesn't get any assists which he so desperately needs if he's the only one left. If Wright doesn't have turnabout and is the only one left all he can relay on is Maya shield and evidence projectiles. You can use Maya shield and hide inside it and try to bait your opponent into attacking you but this is really hard to do. You can also try to zone with evidence but I advise against this. While projectiles like Knife and Vase cover a good range and Watch has high durability if you are not in Turnabout mode the spamming speed is kinda slow. Use sparingly.

As for anchor Turnabout mode with out any unblockable set ups your opponent can upback all day and wait it out which then puts you at a severe disadvantage. Anchor Wright only has three ways to open up your opponent

1. Using the Maya Super the last hit of the barrage is a low attack. Time your jumping H with that for a rare solo character unblockable.

2. Throws. If you forward throw your opponent into the corner you can get an easy corner only combos. Air throw or back throw you can only go for a Maya trip for a low damage relaunch or an Order in the Court. Helpful tip after an Order in the Court X-Factor and your opponent spins in the air for forever. Easy relaunch and since Wright gets a HUGE damage boost in X-Factor a simple combo can do heavy damage.

3. Abuse crouching low on jumping opponents. Not a lot of people know this but PW's crouching L is either a 1 frame or less than a frame on start up. If your opponent is jump blocking, you might have some luck spamming crouching L. Jumping and landing and then jumping again actually takes a small bit of time inbetween the landing and the rejump and PW's crouching L is faster than this time. Even if the opponent is blocking during the up backing you can still catch them with the crouching L because it's faster than the start up time on the jump. Just be ready for that hit confirm as you don't get a lot of time to capitalize it.

Now if your opponent has used their X-Factor and you have Turnabout Wright that is when I switch Wright to anchor. It's almost a free win. Cell Phone spam whether it hits you or not will kill you and it's almost impossible to dodge. Your opponent can super to get out of it but Wright can just counter super it with either Order In the Court of the Ace Attorney. Turnabout Wright does MASSIVE chip damgae on all of his moves. Just a blocked H does about as much as Hulk's H does if it actually hit you. Paper and Break the witness do godly chip and evidence can be spammed so fast your opponent will be stuck watching their health deplete.

I wanna see somebody start rocking a phoenix wright or MODOK team sometime. Fun stuff.

Anytime Shaowebb. Add me on PSN. I actually think Iron Fist is one of the few characters that Wright has a good advantage on. Iron fist is so grounded and Wright's biggest problems are teleports, good air to land based characters and projectile spammers. I think it would be really hard for Iron Fist to get in on me with Maya Shield and Hulk Anti Air. Iron fist would need some solid coverage to make his move. Who do you use with him mainly?

DR2K

Banned
I understand exactly zero things on this page. Whatever it is, it seems to be a big deal.

Basically Spiderman's web now unscales damage. The longer your combos are in UMVC3 the less damage they'll do. Spiderman's webball assist apparantly says fuck that when combined properly with another attack.

Damn this thread has really picked up since EVO.

Karst I don't really think Wright is a good anchor unless under one condition.

As anchor Wright doesn't get any assists which he so desperately needs if he's the only one left. If Wright doesn't have turnabout and is the only one left all he can relay on is Maya shield and evidence projectiles. You can use Maya shield and hide inside it and try to bait your opponent into attacking you but this is really hard to do. You can also try to zone with evidence but I advise against this. While projectiles like Knife and Vase cover a good range and Watch has high durability if you are not in Turnabout mode the spamming speed is kinda slow. Use sparingly.
I figured as much.

As for anchor Turnabout mode with out any unblockable set ups your opponent can upback all day and wait it out which then puts you at a severe disadvantage. Anchor Wright only has three ways to open up your opponent
I just wanted to chipchipchip away!

1. Using the Maya Super the last hit of the barrage is a low attack. Time your jumping H with that for a rare solo character unblockable.
Oh man, really? I didn't understand how you kept opening me up with that.

3. Abuse crouching low on jumping opponents. Not a lot of people know this but PW's crouching L is either a 1 frame or less than a frame on start up. If your opponent is jump blocking, you might have some luck spamming crouching L. Jumping and landing and then jumping again actually takes a small bit of time inbetween the landing and the rejump and PW's crouching L is faster than this time. Even if the opponent is blocking during the up backing you can still catch them with the crouching L because it's faster than the start up time on the jump. Just be ready for that hit confirm as you don't get a lot of time to capitalize it.
It's definitely not 1 frame. There are no 1-frame attacks in this game.

Now if your opponent has used their X-Factor and you have Turnabout Wright that is when I switch Wright to anchor. It's almost a free win. Cell Phone spam whether it hits you or not will kill you and it's almost impossible to dodge. Your opponent can super to get out of it but Wright can just counter super it with either Order In the Court of the Ace Attorney. Turnabout Wright does MASSIVE chip damgae on all of his moves. Just a blocked H does about as much as Hulk's H does if it actually hit you. Paper and Break the witness do godly chip and evidence can be spammed so fast your opponent will be stuck watching their health deplete.
Yeah, too much work though.

It's definitely not 1 frame. There are no 1-frame attacks in this game.

Yea I don't remember the exact framige or whatever but I remember either Pultergust saying this or Lythero. Went to the lab and it does indeed work though. My tech talk isn't up to speed lol.

Yeah, too much work though.

Ahh you see Capcom put so much thought into Wrights character. He truly is the most like his canon self. The guy has to work so hard and go above and beyond what anyone else has to do just too get wins, just like in the regular Ace Attorney games.

smurfx

get some go again
hey karsts what is unsafe on firebrand? i have no idea when to punish this character or what angles he is going to come in from.

Solune

It's not just the hitconfirming with assists, for the trap to work at all the opponent needs to be completely grounded and that really limits it :/

Then he better stop finding glitches before they end up killing him.
Well that must mean RR and Spencer are BFFs.
I think pretty much. You have to hitconfirm with an assist at the same time as you hitconfirm. Still in due to the Pool video. Unsure on the Spidey assist workage. Probably the same way.
That's the thing, when you hit confirm with an assist that should mean that you don't have to push buttons at the same time. It's a problem if you start a string with S.M and then have to push assist at the same time because essentially one good push block means a happy bday.

Dahbomb

Yeah no way PW can have a 1 frame normal. No character has it, faster normal is 3 frame start up and I think there are a couple of 2 frame specials like Chun Li's reversal. Dorm's 2C1D and 2D1C are guaranteed after the 1 frame activation. Even snap backs are 2 frame now.

Throws and particular command throws are 1 frame though.

Could be a property of Drones. Drones assist acts weird. You can get two sets of Drones in the same combo with the right timing.
Show me and I will believe you.

hey karsts what is unsafe on firebrand? i have no idea when to punish this character or what angles he is going to come in from.
Pretty much only his slide and launcher are unsafe. Demon Missile M is also unsafe, but no one really does it without assists. s.H is +1 on block and s.L is +6. Dive kick is +11 and Bon Voyage is +10 from the air. Fireballs are -1. Ground Bon Voyage is -30.

Basically, if Firebrand is in the air, everything is safe. If he's on the ground, punish a raw launcher or Bon Voyage.

So good. Between this and Persona Arena I'm gonna be set for the next year.

Yeah no way PW can have a 1 frame normal. No character has it, faster normal is 3 frame start up and I think there are a couple of 2 frame specials like Chun Li's reversal. Dorm's 2C1D and 2D1C are guaranteed after the 1 frame activation. Even snap backs are 2 frame now.

Throws and particular command throws are 1 frame though.

Firebrand in speed up with level 3 x-factor snap back :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom