• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I thought the Sent thing was fairly well known, he just leaves fairly fast and the initial drones don't count as an assist call in that combo, giving them enough time to recover if you do something long enough to call Sent again.

^Terrible sentence but you get the idea.
I thought this was pretty obvious too. :X Assist character jumps offscreen and you get the "Assist OK" to call him again before the projectiles hit the opponent and such.

Odinson

would anybody be up for some games tonight or tomorrow, I'm on XBOX. Just shoot me a invite if you're up for bodying me free.

I'd be down for some games tonight. I need to practice my Dorm/Shuma/Strange team. Learning combos with shuma and trying to get the palm loop for strange.

For how bad Vanilla was in terms of insanity, it did drive home the point well of "never get touched". And Gill-Wolverine was basically training in 100x Gravity. Made me have to work on moving better that much more :lol

hey guys,

I've been getting back into marvel since evo (and meeting magneto!) and am trying to work out a way to make Hulk work on a team by using his DP assist. I've been trying to do something along the lines of nova/iron man/hulk (I really like these characters), but and having a lot of trouble converting off of the assist. Also, I know Hulk sucks as an anchor b/c he can't really convert off of an airthrow, but I'm trying to work out that assist first.

So I guess the question is, does anybody know what characters can convert off of the Hulk DP assist really well?

I've never played this before but I'm looking to get into it. Is the vita version worth the plunge? Does it hold up compared to the console versions? With Mortal Kombat, I have a taste for portable fighting games now and im looking to continue to scratch that itch.

Also, is it too late to try and be competitive online?

Team Update:
Ugh, I wish Blackheart were in this game. My team could not be more perfect if he were here as a point character. Alas...

I'm thinking about messing with some other team combinations aside from Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan. Teams that give Morrigan more screen time. I make so many comebacks with her even without X-Factor that I feel like, if I backed her with an assist, I could really wreck people with her (and some practice with her combos, which are a bitch online). I was talking about the Dormammu/Morrigan shell with someone on SRK, and I am thinking about these teams (comments are welcome and appreciated):

Hsien-ko (Senpu Bu) / Dormammu (Dark Hole) / Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)
After rocking some people with Hsien-ko, I've developed a strange kind of affection for the character. I actually like her moveset aside from Ankihou being a call for suicide (I actually had a bomb come out when someone went to tridash against me...). I only need to delay with her long enough to get 2 bars for Rimoukon -> Stalking Flare, and I think that's totally doable in any match. People have a hell of a time getting in on me.

Also, Hsien-ko comes with a bonus that is sorely underpraised. Many intelligent players have started using Sentinel second instead of on anchor because they recognize that escaping incoming mix-ups on your second character is priceless. A huge part of this game is the thread of losing your next character after the first was killed by X-Factor, and top teams have such strong mix-ups on incoming characters that you just have to hope things go well for you. Like Sentinel, Hsien-ko does not have to deal with this crap. It's a mistake to put her last right after Rimoukon, because if your second character dies to an incoming mix-up you just have Hsien-ko, and...that's not going to go well. She also shits all over zoning teams.

I'll flat-out state that replacing Dormammu with Dr. Strange makes this team better. He and Hsien-ko are total BFFs IMO, and I feel my time using them together confirmed there is a lot of potential in that pairing.

Dormammu (Dark Hole) / Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer) / Phoenix (TK Overdrive)
I use this team now and then, and it's strangely effective. A lot of players start to do stupid things because they think I won't burn meter, but I will, and I do. Dark Harmonizer generates meter faster than most people think. It comes out once every 135 frames, which means I'm getting a full bar of meter every 6 seconds - not even Marvel seconds, which are slower. When I ran Dormammu/Strange/Morrigan, I kid you not when I say that once Dr. Strange had 3 bars, I was able to Spell of Vishanti any time my opponent decided to breathe.

The team itself is self-explanatory, though it's worth noting that Dormammu gets full combos off of TK Overdrive + Mass Change M, EMD-style (j.H into jump loops).

Doom (Hidden Missiles) / Dormammu (Dark Hole) / Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)
I don't feel the need to explain this team. It explains itself. Dormammu is a monster with Hidden Missiles or Dark Harmonizer, Doom can delay for as long as he wants to for the safe DHC into Stalking Flare (Photon Array to screen clear a la Magneto), Morrigan loves Hidden Missiles, etc.

Thoughts? For anyone wondering about Strange/Dormammu/Morrigan, the problem is that Strange and Dormammu cannibalize each others' benefits from Dark Harmonizer. I could try it with Dormammu on point, primarily rocking Bolts of Balthakk for his offensive assist, but my experiences with having Dr. Strange come in after Dormammu dies is...painful.

Wolverine, Phoenix and Amaterasu are more High tier now. Wesker pretty much cradles in between bottom of Top and top of High although to be honest he did that before too so he really didn't change in placement.
Phoenix got Champ to grand finals - she's top. Wolverine is top, he just has a bad matchup against Morrigan. Amaterasu still has the best pinning assist in the game and is very capable on point. Use of her was waning toward the end of Vanilla because she's hard to use. In Ultimate, she's getting used fully for the first time ever. People barely even swapped her weapons in Vanilla. She's a lot like C. Viper, in some ways.

I thought this was pretty obvious too. :X Assist character jumps offscreen and you get the "Assist OK" to call him again before the projectiles hit the opponent and such.
Thanks for letting the rest of the internet know.

hey guys,

I've been getting back into marvel since evo (and meeting magneto!) and am trying to work out a way to make Hulk work on a team by using his DP assist. I've been trying to do something along the lines of nova/iron man/hulk (I really like these characters), but and having a lot of trouble converting off of the assist. Also, I know Hulk sucks as an anchor b/c he can't really convert off of an airthrow, but I'm trying to work out that assist first.

So I guess the question is, does anybody know what characters can convert off of the Hulk DP assist really well?
1) You don't anchor Hulk.
2) You don't convert off of his AA assist; it's purely a "get off me" move. Sure, you can do a j.S with Sentinel right when it goes off, but it's not the kind of thing you expect to get a combo from. That's just not its purpose.
3) If you really want to use Hulk, back him with Sentinel Force.

I've never played this before but I'm looking to get into it. Is the vita version worth the plunge? Does it hold up compared to the console versions? With Mortal Kombat, I have a taste for portable fighting games now and im looking to continue to scratch that itch.

Also, is it too late to try and be competitive online?
From what I hear, the Vita version is plagued by ragequitters, but is otherwise fine.

Solune

Pro Morrigan tip: do not ever, ever use her ground dash. Pretend it does not exist. Every Morrigan player would be better off if it didn't. You always jump and then air dash with her, always. There are absolutely no exceptions.
X-factor kill! =p
I'd be down for some games tonight. I need to practice my Dorm/Shuma/Strange team. Learning combos with shuma and trying to get the palm loop for strange.

Yo wtf, I think Ill-Virtue here plays that team too :lol.

Also because I couldn't find the Off-topic SDCC thread some pictures etc.

Justin is a fan of Gambit lol

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/223468353107394561

hey guys,

The problem with converting off of Hulk is that you have to SJ at the same time as the assist is hitting nearly, so you have to commit yourself at the same time. If you're in blockstun and Hulk super armors through your opponent, there's little time to convert off of it. IMO Hulk works great with Zero, Gamma Wave and Anti Air Assist work great with him. Vergil can also convert off of it. Honestly any character that can follow up the Super Jump into a full combo would benefit from DP assist.

Dahbomb

Phoenix got Champ to grand finals - she's top. Wolverine is top, he just has a bad matchup against Morrigan. Amaterasu still has the best pinning assist in the game and is very capable on point. Use of her was waning toward the end of Vanilla because she's hard to use. In Ultimate, she's getting used fully for the first time ever. People barely even swapped her weapons in Vanilla. She's a lot like C. Viper, in some ways.
Champ got Phoenix to top 8, that's it. She didn't cut it where he needed her the most, ie in Winner Finals, Loser Finals and in Grand Finals. He is the undisputed best Phoenix player in the world and even he couldn't win EVO with Phoenix. He isn't even going to be using Phoenix at SBO.

Wolverine is not top, he has more bad match ups than just Morrigan. Every time a team has Drones or Hidden Missiles on the opposite team, he falters greatly. He gets beat by Zero pretty bad, it's a terrible match up in fact. In the current meta he is no way top tier. He even gets beat by armored and Haggar teams now. All the sword normal characters own him pretty free.

Ammy is a top support but a high tier on point character at best. She still doesn't compare to the top tier as a point.

IMO to be top tier in the game you have to be in the top 10. Only Wolverine barely qualifies for top 10.

These are my top tier characters: Zero, Viper, Vergil, Dante, Magneto, Strider, Dormammu, Spencer, Doom, Firebrand, Wesker

I don't even think Morrigan is top tier and Wesker is barely cutting it among those killers. If I could extend that to top 16 I would add in Morrigan, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Felicia, Taskmaster, Akuma, Nova, Trish before I start adding in Phoenix and Amaterasu. You have to draw the line some where when it comes to a top tier and unless I draw the line at top 20-25 it's hard to make a case for Ammy/Phoenix being top tier. In comparison top tier in Vanilla was 8 characters (Phoenix, Dante, Wolverine, Magneto, Wesker, Amaterasu, Viper, Zero).

Champ got Phoenix to top 8, that's it. She didn't cut it where he needed her the most, ie in Loser Finals and in Grand Finals. He is the undisputed best Phoenix player in the world and even he couldn't win EVO with Phoenix. He isn't even going to be using Phoenix at SBO.
You can't get to grand finals if you don't get to top 8. Phoenix got him there. The only reason he couldn't keep using her is people have strong anti-Phoenix strategies at that level. How many characters do you think would fall in usage if people actually took the time to develop strategies specifically against them?

Wolverine is not top, he has more bad match ups than just Morrigan. Every time a team has Drones or Hidden Missiles on the opposite team, he falters greatly. He gets beat by Zero pretty bad, it's a terrible match up in fact. In the current meta he is no way top tier. He even gets beat by armored and Haggar teams now. All the sword normal characters own him pretty free.
Ideally, Wolverine isn't letting his opponent call drones or Hidden Missiles. ANY character that has to deal with successful calls of those assists is screwed. That has nothing to do with Wolverine. Wolverine is one of the best characters in the game at making sure those calls never happen, though. The same thing can be said of Zero - Zero is top of the top in tiers. His only bad matchups are Magneto, who is also top of the top, and Vajra assist. Horseshot, Wolverine does not lose to armored teams, Haggar teams, or the twins. He's a monster against their slow normals.

Ammy is a top support but a high tier on point character at best. She still doesn't compare to the top tier as a point.
I wasn't talking about point-only capabilities. Ugh, I hate this entire conversation. I put "top tier" in scare quotes for a reason. Judging individual characters is a waste of time.

IMO to be top tier in the game you have to be in the top 10. Only Wolverine barely qualifies for top 10.

These are my top tier characters: Zero, Viper, Vergil, Dante, Magneto, Strider, Dormammu, Spencer, Doom, Firebrand, Wesker
Did you seriously just argue that Wolverine isn't top because he has a few bad matchups, and then include Dormammu and Firebrand in there, both of whom have absolutely terrible matchups against many of the other top tier characters on your list?

I don't even think Morrigan is top tier and Wesker is barely cutting it among those killers. If I could extend that to top 16 I would add in Morrigan, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Felicia, Taskmaster, Akuma, Nova, Trish before I start adding in Phoenix and Amaterasu.
Morrigan isn't a top tier character. No way. If you want to start using a real tier list based off of teams, Viscant-style, then we can talk about Morrigan/Doom/X being a top tier team. As a character, alone, she's lacking a lot.

Bizazedo

I really don't feel Magneto is a horrendous match up for Zero. You just have to be patient and not eat a "random" shockwave.

Taskmaster is horrendous for Zero, though (645 agrees? I think? If not he lied to me in my own hotel room!).

But yeah, what Karst said about Wolverine..

On paper, he has weaknesses, but he's amazing because theoretically can also prevent those characters from exploiting the weakness. I dread fighting Wolverine as Zero if only because of those crucial first few seconds of the match.

Also, everyone still does day 1 Wolverine combos, and it drives me nuts. I haven't seen a single jump loop with him. Wolverine players need to step up their game.

Bizazedo

I'm also having trouble seeing Dorm in the top 10 when there's a simple character like Nova who's rising in popularity (fucking finally, even if it makes me look even worse lol) who, I feel, absolutely pisses all over Dorm for free.

I'd seriously argue Nova only loses that if Nova messes up.

I'm also having trouble seeing Dorm in the top 10 when there's a simple character like Nova who's rising in popularity (fucking finally, even if it makes me look even worse lol) who, I feel, absolutely pisses all over Dorm for free.

I'd seriously argue Nova only loses that if Nova messes up.
After playing a Nova extensively yesterday, I'd like to put him up there as a contender for having the most WTF hitboxes in this game. The massive range on his attacks feels like it extends far beyond the animation, and goddamn there's so much hitstun all of his normals might as well cause a crumple.

Bizazedo

Yep. It's why I swore I'd use him as soon as I saw his reveal trailer and saw how he played. Perfect for my handicapped ass :).

His jumping H is something retarded like +18 on block? I can't tell you how many people have tried to throw him after he roars in with j.H, they whiff since by the time their attempt kicks in, he's already airborne, and then they die.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH I quite like "High Tier" alone as a replacement for "Top Tier." I mean, the jargon could essentially mean the same thing but people try to force characters into Top Tier and into some role of complete dominance when they are more or less at a similar level of effectiveness (and can usually be argued as such) as those in supposed High Tier.

Azure J

Ultimate Dante cries when reading this. He promptly remembers the good times in Vanilla and resigns himself to his fate.

Dante players crying about anything fills the rest of the internet with laughter. It reminds me of when Magneto players cried because Magneto's air dashes became visible to the human eye, and people still can't react to them.

Ha, I remember that stuff about Magneto. People were calling him "Fatneto", "Oldneto" and Magnus because he lost his "swag". Funnily enough it reminds me of a flowchart I saw somewhere. It basically went:

New Version of a Marvel Game Released - Magneto is nerfed - Players abandon him - "Stupid New Tech™" develops for him - Magneto is top 3 easily - Repeat

Re: Dante Comment

Dante player here and I totally agree. If anything, he's better to use in this game just because Rekka'd inputs are gone and Vajira assist exists. :p

I get the feeling people say this about the character because they can't just RTSD all the time and put the fear of invincible Hammer/absurd damage/hitstun scaled combos into their opponent. They have to play utilizing Batman's tools, but don't want to respect the value of prep time.

I would say Dante went from Top to High.

Nah, he's still tops imo. He just got demoted from Elder God (seriously, he was the single best character in Vanilla; absurd meter gain, Vergil like normals, nonexistent special damage scaling, no hitstun scaling, invincible safety move that led to full combos on hit and 3 of the best assists in the series one of which is the single best anti-air in the game?) to Junior God.

Someone with that many effective tools and access to 750K ~ 775K damage solo combos or damn near derpy resets like Stinger Lvl. 2 - BC'd Acid Rain - Teleport High/Low in a corner can't be just Tops. Also, three of the best assists in the game belong to him.

Ok random for fun top 5 list.

Who would you guys say would be the best 5 characters in the game if it was 1 v 1.

I'd say probably something like *in no order*

Ammy
Hawkeye
Zero
X-23
Dorm

*shrug*

Zero
Dante
Viper
Magneto
Spencer

For how bad Vanilla was in terms of insanity, it did drive home the point well of "never get touched". And Gill-Wolverine was basically training in 100x Gravity. Made me have to work on moving better that much more :lol

Damn, I should have played from Vanilla for real. Gillverine is hilariously apt by the way. :lol

Yep. It's why I swore I'd use him as soon as I saw his reveal trailer and saw how he played. Perfect for my handicapped ass :).

His jumping H is something retarded like +18 on block? I can't tell you how many people have tried to throw him after he roars in with j.H, they whiff since by the time their attempt kicks in, he's already airborne, and then they die.

+18? Really? This game. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After playing a Nova extensively yesterday, I'd like to put him up there as a contender for having the most WTF hitboxes in this game. The massive range on his attacks feels like it extends far beyond the animation, and goddamn there's so much hitstun all of his normals might as well cause a crumple.

Yup, he's like an easy mode slayer from GG lol Plus he is fucking fast. I really don't get why usage of the character died down in high level play.

Also, everyone still does day 1 Wolverine combos, and it drives me nuts. I haven't seen a single jump loop with him. Wolverine players need to step up their game.

Thats because those Wolverines are scrubs who only try to use the speed up super and spam dive kick and H hoping to do some herp derp combo. I think Wolverine still has a lot of potential in some different unique team setups but no one will explore this because to to easy and brain dead to due day 1 combos. They do great damage and most Wolverines just try to abuse X-Factor. I think more people should try to attempt things with him like Justin Wong does, but then again thats Justin Wong.

Dahbomb

Did you seriously just argue that Wolverine isn't top because he has a few bad matchups, and then include Dormammu and Firebrand in there, both of whom have absolutely terrible matchups against many of the other top tier characters on your list?
Lack of match ups isn't the only reason why Wolverine isn't top. He has no real answer to super jump type characters nor does he have great answers to armored or Lariat style teams. He gets beat by trap/mines, he gets beat by top zoning teams and he gets beat by anti-rushdown teams. The amount of teams that wreck Wolverine are much greater than those that wreck Dorm and Firebrand. He has no option to zone or space control and his aerial mobility is limited. Plus Wolverine is bad against the top characters where as Dorm and Firebrand fair much better. That's the difference between a top and a high character. Wolverine's ceiling is far lower than the top characters.

Even if you start putting the best possible Wolverine team against the best possible Zero or Magneto team, it just doesn't compare.

You can't get to grand finals if you don't get to top 8. Phoenix got him there. The only reason he couldn't keep using her is people have strong anti-Phoenix strategies at that level. How many characters do you think would fall in usage if people actually took the time to develop strategies specifically against them?
He could've easily gotten to top 8 with his Dorm team. Phoenix has more direct anti-strategies than most other characters in the game. Compare Phoenix to Zero, there really isn't many tech you can come up with to beat Zero straight up or just one shot him like you can with Phoenix.

Ideally, Wolverine isn't letting his opponent call drones or Hidden Missiles. ANY character that has to deal with successful calls of those assists is screwed. That has nothing to do with Wolverine. Wolverine is one of the best characters in the game at making sure those calls never happen, though. The same thing can be said of Zero - Zero is top of the top in tiers. His only bad matchups are Magneto, who is also top of the top, and Vajra assist. Horseshot, Wolverine does not lose to armored teams, Haggar teams, or the twins. He's a monster against their slow normals.
Wolverine sucks against Haggar, he has ABSOLUTELY NO ANSWER to jump back Pipe. Justin Wong is the best Wolverine there is and he was getting beat by Predator just doing Up back Pipe all day. Wolverine has no answer to that, he has to out play Haggar to beat him. How many of the top tiers get beat by Haggar this bad? No one.

Wolverine even loses to Ghost Rider, a Low tier character because he has limited options against Heartless Spire spam all day. Wolverine for sure loses against the twins, can't deal with Helm Breaker or their frame traps at all. He has to bait out a sword normal and then punish it, otherwise it's a steep climb for him. Vergil vs Wolverine is so free for Vergil and I play both characters. On the top tier list, the only 3 characters Wolverine does well against are Doom, Spencer and Wesker.

I wasn't talking about point-only capabilities. Ugh, I hate this entire conversation. I put "top tier" in scare quotes for a reason. Judging individual characters is a waste of time.
I am not talking about just point capabilities only. Ammy combining her team utility and on point capability still loses out to top tiers like Strider, Doom and Dante. Her assist isn't as strong as controlling the neutral or zoning as Missiles or Vajra are for example. Her point game isn't as good as any of the characters in the top list.

Also I didn't list Morrigan as top tier, never have in fact.

Vanilla Wolverine could of just B-Slash and owned Hagger's pipe but ultimate Wolverine just stares at him and face palm.

Isn't there a way to find a middle ground with B-Slash?

https://twitter.com/cbake76/status/223487118763241473

Probably nothing to get excited about, but I have to feed the machine.

Thats because those Wolverines are scrubs who only try to use the speed up super and spam dive kick and H hoping to do some herp derp combo. I think Wolverine still has a lot of potential in some different unique team setups but no one will explore this because to to easy and brain dead to due day 1 combos. They do great damage and most Wolverines just try to abuse X-Factor. I think more people should try to attempt things with him like Justin Wong does, but then again thats Justin Wong.
Even JWong does day 1 combos, though.

Sorry if it's been posted but these are awesome. UMvC3 pixel sprites. Stolen from Iplaywinner here:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/7/...will-make-you-wish-for-another-old-schoo.html

and the deviant art gallery here:

http://steamboy33.deviantart.com/gallery/
Old stuff, but good enough to post again. Reminds me of this:
DHXL8.gif

Edit: Someone should save that to post it back to me when I complain about Dormammu nerfs.

Lack of match ups isn't the only reason why Wolverine isn't top. He has no real answer to super jump type characters nor does he have great answers to armored or Lariat style teams.
No answer to "superjump type" characters is why this game has assists. Stop looking at characters in a vacuum. The rest of your post is this same kind of crap thinking. There's no reason to respond to any of it beyond telling you that you're not thinking of the game in the right way.

Dahbomb

Writing up the post made me realize that Wolverine gets beat by a lot of characters. I can think of 20 characters that beat Wolverine rather convincingly.

The B Slash nerf was huge but he shouldn't have had that in the first place.

No answer to "superjump type" characters is why this game has assists. Stop looking at characters in a vacuum. The rest of your post is this same kind of crap thinking. There's no reason to respond to any of it beyond telling you that you're not thinking of the game in the right way.
Super jump type characters have assist too you know and they are the ones running around with Hidden Missiles make it even harder to touch them. I would have to pick Jam Session to deal with those characters and even then it's not favorable. I can't think of an assist that would help me deal with Zero as Wolverine when he too is running around with Jam Session. Same thing for dealing against Haggar, don't know what assist I can pick to make the match up better when he too is going to have similar assists.

In fact if it weren't for particular assists, Wolverine would fair much better as there would be less hit boxes cluttering up the screen.

What Logan excels at is beginning of match. If he can get that going, he wins. If not, he usually doesn't.

When looking at Logan matchups it comes down to beginning of match BS. Can the other character stop it? If not he does a good job. If so, Logan gets stuffed.

Pay attention to the energy coming off of Nova's normals. That tells you how far they extend. Plus he already is a tall character. So he has borderline sword normals.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
st. M is just a liver punch with no energy coming off of it and still has a huge hit box.

Of all of his ground moves st. M is the only one that has a deceptive hitbox. Everything else is huge but doesn't extend past the move visually.

smurfx

get some go again
as a haggar user i don't like using him against wolverine. i'd rather not spend a bunch of life on lariats to get him. yeah i can spam pipes but then i'm open to air throws. yeah you be air thrown from air pipes you know. taskmaster works much better against wolverine for my team.

I do. I realize not every team can do the longer combos, but I still see this:
j.H (air to air), Drill Claw, Dive Kick, s.H, sj.MMH, Drill Claw, Fatal Claw

I see it even by good players like JWong, though he'll usually do sj.MMHS and then OTG into Tornado Claw loops. If I'm missing something, I'd love to be informed, but it just looks like laziness.

Do you guys mind listing some of your "Eureka moments"? I figure it may help me see some things that may not be clear to me right now.

A little late on this, but I think I had two eureka moments:

1) The first time actually landing a sick combo that I had only been able to do in training mode before. It takes a surprising amount of focus (at first, anyway) to do this because being a real match is nerve-wracking. You land that hit, get real excited and your hands go DURRRURURDURRUR and drop the combo.

2) Thinking up your own idea for team synergy and having it actually work. It doesn't have to be NEW tech but as long as you're never seen someone else do it, it feels great to think of something yourself, go into training mode, and find out it works. It's like a "Oh, I get it now" type of moment.

Example: I used to run a Firebrand team that had Strider as anchor, and I thought up to dark flame --> Strider assist to knockdown --> dark flame again. Yeah, it didn't do huge damage (for 2 bars anyway) but it looked sweet and I'd never seen it before. I did it at a local tournament and this guy behind me had never seen it before and was freaking the fuck out. Even though it wasn't anything too impressive, it still made me feel good and feel like I finally "got" this game.

Azure J

Sorry if it's been posted but these are awesome. UMvC3 pixel sprites. Stolen from Iplaywinner here:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/7/...will-make-you-wish-for-another-old-schoo.html

and the deviant art gallery here:

http://steamboy33.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hmm, I smell new avatar material.

You know, this just made me realize something. Why does Dante have such a stiff idle animation in a game where so many characters ooze personality just from their idles? Coming from Capcom who specializes(ed) in conveying character through little touches like that, it's weird. You'd think he'd be a tamer Deadpool with sword twirl taunts or an occasional check of his hand guns or something, but he's just there.

Same can be said of Trish, Vergil, Wesker, Zero and a few others.

I do. I realize not every team can do the longer combos, but I still see this:
j.H (air to air), Drill Claw, Dive Kick, s.H, sj.MMH, Drill Claw, Fatal Claw

I see it even by good players like JWong, though he'll usually do sj.MMHS and then OTG into Tornado Claw loops. If I'm missing something, I'd love to be informed, but it just looks like laziness.

In speed up they both do the three drill claw combo, and in standard I think hey are adding an extra H somewhere in there most of the time. It's not like you can really add much more unless you have specific assist.

SmokeMaxX

Mind=blown. Have you put this on SRK? I popped a GFAQs thread about it.

By everyone's take here, I think it's new to most people. It's new to me, and I used Sentinel throughout Vanilla. Big discovery IMO, I've never seen anyone at a tournament use this, and Fanatiq could definitely make use of this. Thanks for taking the time to demonstrate.
I briefly posted it in the tier discussion thread. Feel free to post it in its own thread or send it to Eventhubs or SRK front page or something. It won't be the first "slightly old/known, but new to a lot of people" tech that I've seen on there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://twitter.com/cbake76/status/223487118763241473

Probably nothing to get excited about, but I have to feed the machine.
@LeviPTompkins @alex_mmorales Exactly. And general Marvel games presence at the show, outside of Capcom. (So @Brelston tells me.) :)

https://twitter.com/cbake76/status/223488715186634752

BELIEVE

OT:

http://www.newsarama.com/games/marvel-heroes-mmo-interview.html

The original Diablo III game engine is being used here. Should be interesting.
Is there a thread for this new interview or are people still using the shoddy old one I made? If so, link?

Game really interests me. I also love how in this interview alone they go through a lot of things that can be crucial problems in creating an MMO with Marvel IPs and how they're going to tackle those problems.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"MaRN マーン ‏@MarnORZ
I am so excited to meet the Expendables cast today. Please stun me Stone Cold!!! *_*"

Yeah I wish.

Dahbomb

Marvel had 23 different characters in top 8?

That's like 90%+ perfect balance because that means that even with maximum character diversity you could only have 24 different characters in a top 8 in Marvel.

AE is still more balanced though and Marvel still needs a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom