• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

I find it somewhat telling that he loses the exact same way at both Curleh and EVO, when in all honesty he should have advanced at least a little bit further than he placed.
The problem foreign players have (and honestly, non- LA/NYC based US players, too) is that you're only as good as the best player you can beat. When you can't practice w/ top tier competition, you don't know what you need to learn to beat. You can see this w/ the Japanese learning just how good "real" Magnetos are. You can see this w/ DrewGrimey making Top 12 after spending all that time at the FGTV house.

New M:TG players always complain that the "good (competitive) players" won't play with them. And there's a reason for that: to level up your game you must fight against people that give you better experience. If you can't do that, then eventually all the other players turn grey and you can't level up anymore.

Not Vajira?
Vajra is good, and definitely one of the better assists for him, but it also takes a while to come out, so you can't do the Stinger -> Air Trick cross-ups that are impossible to react to with it as well. It's not like you'd go wrong with Vajra, though.

JeTmAn81

Yo, pet peeve time. It ain't "Vajira". It's "Vajra". I even see Dante/Strider main AzureJericho calling it Vajira! C'mon son. Also, I'd call Vajra probably the best assist for Dante. Your opponent is basically not really able to do anything in the air while you've got that thing on deck. Also best for resets. But he definitely does different awesome things with a good beam, as well.

Solune

Yo, pet peeve time. It ain't "Vajira". It's "Vajra". I even see Dante/Strider main AzureJericho calling it Vajira! C'mon son. Also, I'd call Vajra probably the best assist for Dante. Your opponent is basically not really able to do anything in the air while you've got that thing on deck. Also best for resets. But he definitely does different awesome things with a good beam, as well.

I have the same thing when people spell Vergil as Virgil (When referring to DMC Vergil).

Azure J

Haha, that is a bad habit of mine. :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is there a recap anywhere of the overall impressions the Japanese had of American Marvel tech and vice versa?

Biz you played GX which team was he using? Also did his play feel different than that of an American player?

Bizazedo

Biz you played GX which team was he using? Also did his play feel different than that of an American player?

Spencer, Hulk, somebody.

I lost to him because I respected him too much lol.

As for his play, the only real difference was the crispness and technical ability once he landed the combo. Really long combo. Otherwise, he wasn't very aggressive at all.

Dahbomb

Frank West has decent to solid normals at LVL3 and below. At LVL4 and above he has top 5 best normals in the game free. And this top 5 includes busted normals like Phoenix Wright's Finger normals and Dark Phoenix's normals which spray feathers all over the place.

Frank West has decent to solid normals at LVL3 and below. At LVL4 and above he has top 5 best normals in the game free. And this top 5 includes busted normals like Phoenix Wright's Finger normals and Dark Phoenix's normals which spray feathers all over the place.
Agreed entirely.

DR2K

Banned

I'd still put Magneto right up there with them, only he doesn't require any gimmicks to get to.

Seriously, those chainsaws are fucking amazing. Great hitboxes and they chip, what don't they have?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd still put Magneto right up there with them, only he doesn't require any gimmicks to get to.

Sorry taskmasters normals shit all over Magneto, he just doesn't have his mobility. Task normals are probably just behind frank and maybe even a step above zero and the twins. Once again he just doesn't have the mobility they all do. If task could cancel out of his swing with normals he would be easy S tier

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't know, Taskmaster over other sword normals I'm surprised. Taskmaster has other derpy shit that pisses me off though.

You should try them out some time, they linger out for like 50 years and have the most disjointed hitboxes of all time two of them even break through armor moves lolol Honestly franks normals are how task would be if he could chain spam his s.M j.S and j.H all day

Sigmaah

How does KOF compare to Mahvel's play style wise, like comboing and other stuff? I'm assuming KOF is harder. Wanna try something new haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How does KOF compare to Mahvel's play style wise, like comboing and other stuff? I'm assuming KOF is harder. Wanna try something new haha.

It doesn't compare at all, it's mostly linking. It's about the same speed gameplay wise a fraction slower it might not seem like it though until you start playing

Dahbomb

Mobility + Amazing normals = Godlike normals

It's why Magneto has Iron Man beat. Iron Man's normals taken in a vaccuum are godlike but paired with his average mobility means his normals don't get the mileage they deserve. IM has better normals than Magneto but Magneto has godlike mobility which means he can stuff his j.L in your face in the blink of an eye.

Taskmaster has great normals though... he has a very good wave dash meaning he can play footsies with the best of them. Vergil still has him beat though as Task has nothing to contest st.H and Vergil has an insanely fast forward dash. He can tag you from full screen away in a blink.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I'm kind of getting the hang of Morrigan's air dash. I'm basically air dashing and almost simultaneously hitting H and leading into my combos. It's cool, it helps me get in fast when it works. The problem is I also tend to get lit up by anti-air moves every so often.

I also need to learn how to block, since I just don't do it often enough. I'm also afraid of backing myself into a corner so I try to avoid blocking, which I guess isn't such a great strategy.

lol you can loop Doom's jM over and over in lvl 3 x-factor. jump forward M, dash cancel down forward, etc

I think it's an infinite with jM xx horizontal footdive, but man it's hard as shit

Grecco

Sorry taskmasters normals shit all over Magneto, he just doesn't have his mobility. Task normals are probably just behind frank and maybe even a step above zero and the twins. Once again he just doesn't have the mobility they all do. If task could cancel out of his swing with normals he would be easy S tier

Eh not all of his normals are that great. His standing B is real good, and so is his crouching B. Everything else is ok.

Mobility + Amazing normals = Godlike normals

It's why Magneto has Iron Man beat. Iron Man's normals taken in a vaccuum are godlike but paired with his average mobility means his normals don't get the mileage they deserve. IM has better normals than Magneto but Magneto has godlike mobility which means he can stuff his j.L in your face in the blink of an eye.

Taskmaster has great normals though... he has a very good wave dash meaning he can play footsies with the best of them. Vergil still has him beat though as Task has nothing to contest st.H and Vergil has an insanely fast forward dash. He can tag you from full screen away in a blink.

Magneto also has the ridiculously stupid crouching A. Which is like +6 on block

ALSO asking about Dante. Tatsu "Vajra" and Disruptor are good. How bout shopping cart? Hawkeye greyhound? Been thinking about Zero/Dante/Assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom