• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Justin went for the "japanese tech" and FChamp countered it. That can only be done by not countering the first one right?

edit- he won with a Demon anyway :lol

kirblar

Marvel had 23 different characters in top 8?

That's like 90%+ perfect balance because that means that even with maximum character diversity you could only have 24 different characters in a top 8 in Marvel.
Some were from counter-pick teams, but yeah, Marvel's in incredible shape. The things that would need to be changed are mostly either slight nerfs or slight buffs. (With a few on the D-tier just needing overhauls.)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel had 23 different characters in top 8?

That's like 90%+ perfect balance because that means that even with maximum character diversity you could only have 24 different characters in a top 8 in Marvel.

AE is still more balanced though and Marvel still needs a patch.

This is why Magus bitching about people not using a top tier team over and over was getting very annoying towards the end. Wish we could have gotten at least a few matches of Seth commentating.

vg260

Dahbomb

Counter picking means the game is actually in very good shape. I hope to see more players adopt a counter picking strategy in Marvel.

This is why Magus bitching about people not using a top tier team over and over was getting very annoying towards the end. Wish we could have gotten at least a few matches of Seth commentating.
Magus doesn't even consider Mag/Dorm/Doom top tier...

Solune

Sorry if it's been posted but these are awesome. UMvC3 pixel sprites. Stolen from Iplaywinner here:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/7/...will-make-you-wish-for-another-old-schoo.html

and the deviant art gallery here:

http://steamboy33.deviantart.com/gallery/

Awesome thanks! Little bit disappointed with the twins but, you can't have it all. The ladies look great.

Zak Bennett still hungry

Also I thought I trained alot, ShadyK puts in ALOT of time into the game when he doesn't even go out to majors.

Azure J

You know what the most hilarious Dante reset that works is? Long assed combo - Volcano that you would do before Beehive into Super - jump up grab. I can't believe something so simple works as well as it does. I'd imagine that this gets more hilarious if you have Vajira available. Call the assist as you jump for the grab:

- If character is grabbed, animation is long enough that they still get kicked by it extending the time for a pick up combo.

- If the throw is teched, dash under/teleport while Vajira assist is starting to descend.

smurfx

get some go again
wonder when zak will end up going to vergil. seems like anybody who places well at tournaments is trying him out.

I'm so hyped up for Persona Arena. Everybody knows that I don't have any hunger for winning games in Marvel. I'm pretty garbage because I spend all day figuring stuff out and don't really care about playing other people. I can lose 40-50 games in a row against the same person and never get mad, and I don't think that's a good thing for a competitor, which I'm really not. It's the secret real reason I never go to Southtown despite it being 5 blocks away from my apartment.

All I wanted to do at EVO was play Persona Arena all day. I think when that game comes out I'll finally have the hunger for winning I haven't had since I was playing 3rd Strike and Soul Calibur 2. Even Jojo's and Virtua Fighter I stopped playing seriously for years because I never thought I would have people to play against. But it looks like there's a real chance for a P4A scene to grow, with guys like Dacidbro latching on early. I really, really hope it does, there hasn't been a good fighting game with Stand characters in almost 15 years.

The reason I started playing Marvel 3(as I said before vanilla came out) is because assists turn any character into a watered-down stand character, and happy birthdays are essentially Stand Crash. It's not the same, though.

kirblar

I'm so hyped up for Persona Arena. Everybody knows that I don't have any hunger for winning games in Marvel. I'm pretty garbage because I spend all day figuring stuff out and don't really care about playing other people. I can lose 40-50 games in a row against the same person and never get mad, and I don't think that's a good thing for a competitor, which I'm really not. It's the secret real reason I never go to Southtown despite it being 5 blocks away from my apartment.

All I wanted to do at EVO was play Persona Arena all day. I think when that game comes out I'll finally have the hunger for winning I haven't had since I was playing 3rd Strike and Soul Calibur 2. Even Jojo's and Virtua Fighter I stopped playing seriously for years because I never thought I would have people to play against. But it looks like there's a real chance for a P4A scene to grow, with guys like Dacidbro latching on early. I really, really hope it does, there hasn't been a good fighting game with Stand characters in almost 15 years.

The reason I started playing Marvel 3(as I said before vanilla came out) is because assists turn any character into a watered-down stand character, and happy birthdays are essentially Stand Crash. It's not the same, though.
Please say you're maining Teddy.

Stand characters are basically the first thing I look for in any game. Operationally, I define it like this:
Fireballs are any move that recovers independently of the player character(frame advantage changes based on spacing and timing)
Stand attacks are any move that starts up and recovers independently of the player character.

Stand characters in other games:
Z.W.E.I (Soul Calibur V)
Fat Princess (PSA-SBR)
Carl Clover (Blazblu)
Donovan (Vampire Hunter)
Vergil (MVC3)

smurfx

get some go again
man if you aren't careful using hawkeyes up arrows then you will get blown up since they have a ton of recovery. although i'm now starting to lose my fear of using them and i'm using them effectively. once i get down up arrows i think i'll start keeping people out all day. trying to add other little tricks i've been working on in training mode with hawk and my other characters but holy hell does it take me long to start using them.

Stand characters are basically the first thing I look for in any game. Operationally, I define it like this:
Fireballs are any move that recovers independently of the player character(frame advantage changes based on spacing and timing)
Stand attacks are any move that starts up and recovers independently of the player character.

Stand characters in other games:
Z.W.E.I (Soul Calibur V)
Fat Princess (PSA-SBR)
Carl Clover (Blazblu)
Donovan (Vampire Hunter)
Vergil (MVC3)
I'm not seeing the stand in Vergil. Is it his Crown? I guess you didn't play Skullgirls enough to make up your mind on Ms.Fortune.

So UMVC3 top 8 had 23 different characters, but SSF4AE2012 only had 8. Which game is more balanced now, bitches?
only 8? there were only 8 players. ae players didn't rely on alt characters/teams to deal with matchups.

is mk9 the most balanced out of them all? you'll see 4 characters used between 2 people in a single 3/5 set.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ibj1qQgKn91MMq.gif

Kinda obvious but I thought it was cool.

only 8? there were only 8 players. ae players didn't rely on alt characters/teams to deal with matchups.

is mk9 the most balanced out of them all? you'll see 4 characters used between 2 people in a single 3/5 set.

:lol did you come into this thread specifically to call out that post or something? GB is screwing around.

:lol did you come into this thread specifically to call out that post or something? GB is screwing around.
no? just recently got back into this game after evo. can't comment much on most of the tech people have been posting. used to play both morrigan and zero in vanilla, and i guess i'm just sad at how cheap they are now. even if there was only 1 of each in top 8 and even if they may not necessarily be the best in the game, i still think they're pretty lame in terms of playstyle.

spencer was the most used character in top 8 i believe, and i ain't mad at that. him, magneto, and viper i think are pretty "fair" (top-tier) characters. and by fair, i mean just what i like seeing in marvel.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
no? just recently got back into this game after evo. can't comment much on most of the tech people have been posting. used to play both morrigan and zero in vanilla, and i guess i'm just sad at how cheap they are now. even if there was only 1 of each in top 8 and even if they may not necessarily be the best in the game, i still think they're pretty lame in terms of playstyle.

spencer was the most used character in top 8 i believe, and i ain't mad at that. him, magnet, and viper i think are pretty "fair" characters. and by fair, i mean just what i like seeing in marvel.

How cheap they are now? They are almost the same as they always been, zero just got extra derpy, and now morrigan doesnt have to worry about baderper slash

How cheap they are now? They are almost the same as they always been, zero just got extra derpy, and now morrigan doesnt have to worry about baderper slash
i guess its more exposure than anything. watching recent morrigans and zeros turn me off almost as much as watching phoenixes in vanilla. most other characters don't give me that same feeling. not even wesker back when he was overused and hated.

kirblar

i guess its more exposure than anything. watching recent morrigans and zeros turn me off almost as much as watching phoenixes in vanilla. most other characters don't give me that same feeling. not even wesker back when he was overused and hated.
I don't get the Morrigan hate. She's a control deck. Find a way to punish doom and it's back to being fair.

mr. puppy

Banned
Will you believe Darkstalkers?

Lupinko sighted, alert Mr. Puppy!

i have my radar up

wonder when zak will end up going to vergil. seems like anybody who places well at tournaments is trying him out.

zak does not even need to touch his team. he has an endgame team and vergil can go fuck himself. he has absolutely nothing in the air. look at anything over any point in history of marvel and tell me that will work well

Dahbomb

Yeah Zak had a bad run in pools, his pool was tough. His team is legit. He needs to attend more American majors so that he can get better seeds for next years EVO, that will improve his chances of placing dramatically.

Azure J

You know randomly I feel like giving God's Beard a shoutout because you really know team composition. I'm messing around with Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto just as a training mode distraction (every now and again I try to play around with Marvel GAF's teams and see what comes of it) and I can really see that this team is fucking fun as hell. All I've been doing so far is seeing how Slant Shot + Spells could lead to hilarity and besides the obvious 0D3C troll, I'm legitimately wondering what other stuff I could come up with. :p

You know randomly I feel like giving God's Beard a shoutout because you really know team composition. I'm messing around with Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto just as a training mode distraction (every now and again I try to play around with Marvel GAF's teams and see what comes of it) and I can really see that this team is fucking fun as hell. All I've been doing so far is seeing how Slant Shot + Spells could lead to hilarity and besides the obvious 0D3C troll, I'm legitimately wondering what other stuff I could come up with. :p

combo into mid screen dark matter xx stalking flare DHC Bionic Arm = midcreen upgrapple loops

bionic arm assist punish DHC to stalking Flare, purification all day

command grab with spencer, raw tag to magneto, gravity squeeze, raw tag to dormammu, flame carpet+ slant shot assist, dark matter, 2HS, jMHS, Purification xx Chaotic Flame

Azure J

combo into mid screen dark matter xx stalking flare DHC Bionic Arm = midcreen upgrapple loops

bionic arm assist punish DHC to stalking Flare, purification all day

command grab with spencer, raw tag to magneto, gravity squeeze, raw tag to dormammu, flame carpet+ slant shot assist, dark matter, 2HS, jMHS, Purification xx Chaotic Flame

The first one you said is just Smash Bros looking I swear. :eek:

Good shit.

Azure J

I am so fucking close to breaking 800K solo with Dante and it's scaring me. :lol

Pushing shot loops to their hitstun limits, but it's oh so worth it. Basically:

Midscreen:

M - H - Stinger - Volcano - j.H - Air Play - j.H - c.H (one hit) - [S xx Clay Pigeon (2 Bullets)] x 4 - [S xx Clay Pigeon (8 Bullets)] x 2 - Stinger Lvl. 2 - Bold Cancel Teleport - Hammer - Volcano xx Beehive - Volcano xx Beehive xx Million Dollars

Does ~770K. I want to play with adding one more long rep of Clay Pigeon (8 shots) before the Stinger, but I'm dead tired right now. I also want to see what the damage looks like if I end in the corner and do the Sky Dance shenanigans. The only thing I'm upset about is that I didn't check the meter build on that combo.

Edit: Just did it again to check, it builds about 1.8 meters. Holy shit, I think I'm going to make it a point to learn this as my go-to BnB now. :lol

Seriously, what? :lol

Solune

Yeah Zak had a bad run in pools, his pool was tough. His team is legit. He needs to attend more American majors so that he can get better seeds for next years EVO, that will improve his chances of placing dramatically.
I find it somewhat telling that he loses the exact same way at both Curleh and EVO, when in all honesty he should have advanced at least a little bit further than he placed.

Wow fuck so I really did get hit by a cart from the other side of t he screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom