• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexor0717

Sorry taskmasters normals shit all over Magneto, he just doesn't have his mobility. Task normals are probably just behind frank and maybe even a step above zero and the twins. Once again he just doesn't have the mobility they all do. If task could cancel out of his swing with normals he would be easy S tier

Oh god, that would be amazing. Task's normal are amazing though. Although it is a command normal, shield skills is insane, especially when you dash into it. Its fun doing it at the very beginning of the match, leading into a TOD combo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mobility + Amazing normals = Godlike normals

It's why Magneto has Iron Man beat. Iron Man's normals taken in a vaccuum are godlike but paired with his average mobility means his normals don't get the mileage they deserve. IM has better normals than Magneto but Magneto has godlike mobility which means he can stuff his j.L in your face in the blink of an eye.

Taskmaster has great normals though... he has a very good wave dash meaning he can play footsies with the best of them. Vergil still has him beat though as Task has nothing to contest st.H and Vergil has an insanely fast forward dash. He can tag you from full screen away in a blink.

Yeah, I always viewed task normals to be used a bit more defensively than offensively though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nah this Taskmaster wasn't smart enough to do that. It was shield skills all day unless he got a hit or grab.

I was amazed at this high level tactic.

You just cancel into one of his arrows or stab to cancel out fast and stay safe which in return lets you also bait with a counter hyper

i have to incorporate more shield skills usage into my game. i really only use it in combos. other than that i just shoot arrows and wavedash

MrKayle

getting back into the game kinda due to evo, and really kinda due to frutsy. i was mega inspired by kusoru at fr too lol. teams i've come up with to try out:

Team Air Combat
modok
morrigan
doom

Team Gravitation Log Trap (GLT)
magneto
rocket raccoon
doom

Shield Skills makes my top 5 of salty normals. Its hilarious when I'm using it (especially for a troll-like 50/50 in the corner welcome mixup), but I smh every time I get hit by it.

3 of 5 belong to Vergil, Zero's cr. M for the last one.

kirblar

getting back into the game kinda due to evo, and really kinda due to frutsy. i was mega inspired by kusoru at fr too lol. teams i've come up with to try out:

Team Air Combat
modok
morrigan
doom

Team Gravitation Log Trap (GLT)
magneto
rocket raccoon
doom
I don't think those assists are what you want w/ MODOK. Since you're going to be in flight mode so much, you'll want assists that he can use while grounded, right?

JeTmAn81

I think Taskmaster has the right amount of derp in his moveset (namely his swing and shield charge moves option selecting into his awesome throws) to combat some of the more BS rushdown stuff. He's totally a counterhit guy as his mixups really aren't much to write home about, which makes him perfect for counteracting overly aggressive opponents.

I think Taskmaster has the right amount of derp in his moveset (namely his swing and shield charge moves option selecting into his awesome throws) to combat some of the more BS rushdown stuff. He's totally a counterhit guy as his mixups really aren't much to write home about, which makes him perfect for counteracting overly aggressive opponents.

Yup, extremely fair character. They really nailed a lot of 'em in this game. Very basic with just enough juice to get funky with assists.

kirblar

Yup. He's one of the kings of getting Happy Birthdays.

Solune

You should try them out some time, they linger out for like 50 years and have the most disjointed hitboxes of all time two of them even break through armor moves lolol Honestly franks normals are how task would be if he could chain spam his s.M j.S and j.H all day
I've contemplated using Taskmaster but I can't do his fancy combos ;_;
ALSO asking about Dante. Tatsu "Vajra" and Disruptor are good. How bout shopping cart? Hawkeye greyhound? Been thinking about Zero/Dante/Assist.

That's basically Flocker's team subbed in with Dante instead of Vergil. It's pretty good considering Dante gives Zero more damage than Vergil and is safer.

GGs Solar.

I don't think those assists are what you want w/ MODOK. Since you're going to be in flight mode so much, you'll want assists that he can use while grounded, right?
If you go into flight mode by holding up and then air dashing, he can call assists during flight. Just don't superjump.

Indeed.

I've been refining my Doom option select, it's been a while since I've had him on a team. The OS works a lot better now, but I'm still figuring it out. I definitely don't need to confirm the hit and make adjustments anymore:

new - 2L6H(hold up-forward, dash cancel regardless of hit), jM(one hit)jM(one hit), H6H, jM xx flight, etc.

So I'm working on remaking a Doom BnB based off of canceling his command launcher into a dash-normal jump rather than the automatic super jump. This way I don't need to consciously decide whether I have to combo or go for a mixup.

Azure J

Just got done playing a long set with my brother and I think this is the first time where I legitimately didn't feel bad about my play. I got bodied because I still can't predict everything he'll do and I don't put myself in an advantageous mindset for certain confirms, but the fact that I had the presence of mind to see that much is really making me feel happy right now. :)

Also, Glaive stance Amaterasu is a godsend. Having a button I can put out for some well needed respect thanks to it's frame advantage is just sublime and against airborne Zero & fraud Dante it's perfect. The latter especially gets opened up because he doesn't realize that Dante's buttons are not fast enough to stuff the j.H of start up before I get a c.L or c.M. You'd be so surprised how much this has boosted my morale. :lol

Strider anchor is great as always, but I feel like there's something I don't do enough of to get a reliable projectile on screen to cover my approach. H - Formation B - H - Shot is exceedingly effective for a staggered approach, but I'd love to get something like the tiger resets more consistently.

Overall, I feel like I'm breaking free of that "rage against the machine" part of beginner Marvel and thinking closer to that "never give up" kinda style.

EDIT: OH SHIT ITS A FREE WEEKEND. WHO WANTS MATCHES? :D

Azure J

I'd be on all night, right now I'm checking to see if Smurf is up for some. I owe him for missing his invite the last free weekend. :p

Hmm... lots of potential out of the option select, more than I thought.

OS-> jMH, S...
OS-> jM xx flight
OS-> jM adu jMHS

I'm sure there's lots of weird combos to come out of minimum airdash height.

Sigmaah

It doesn't compare at all, it's mostly linking. It's about the same speed gameplay wise a fraction slower it might not seem like it though until you start playing

Thanks. Now I know it's mostly linking, so that means I won't be getting KoF lol. I HATE LINKING.

Anyone wanna play some Mahvel? I'm on 360.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yo Smuuuuuurf. :lol

So much to talk about with these matches but damn I'm free. =/

Haha, seeing other people speak about their trashing makes me feel better for losing really bad to him as well.

Azure J

I'm just so afraid to press buttons I swear. Haggar is there all manly and shit and I'm thinking "fuckkkkkk what does Dante do when he's that close" only to get scooped. :lol

Fun matches regardless though. I'm just upset that my staggered HHHHH blockstring into Paper (for distancing) or low counter didn't come out once during those matches. Strider was trying to put in so much work, but Taskmaster was having none of that. I got a huge chuckle when I called Vajra assist only for it to get sniped with one up arrow from Task when he was on point. Classy. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey guys I know I just started playing again finally but.... my little sister just passed away and.. I'll be back around later :( Don't have a competitive spirit at the moment.

JeTmAn81

I would try not to feel too bad about losing to Smurfx. He's one of the best players in online Marvel and has made Cosmic Lord multiple times. Still i want to beat him someday :p

Q, i am really sorry to hear about your sister. This probably won't mean much but i will be praying for you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey guys I know I just started playing again finally but.... my little sister just passed away and.. I'll be back around later :( Don't have a competitive spirit at the moment.
Oh my goodness.. this is so terrible to hear. My heart goes out to you and your family man. Stay strong Q.

I've just had an uncle pass away this past week and it's been a rough time for me and my family recently too. Keep ya head up man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils, sorry I couldn't play Marvel earlier, just saw your message now. Had family over all day and couldn't check messages. If you want to play games now I'm free for a bit. That goes for you too, AzureBro.

Frantic

OMGGG Frantic's team so pretty. :eek:
GGs and sorry Azure. My internet is being a pain in my ass today. Can't connect back to XBL. Sorry. :/

Also, I'm the OMGiTzAndre of Mahvel-GAF. I drop everything. :(

Damn, man, really sad to hear that. Stay strong, Q. :(

Azure J

OK, if you're here Frantic, I want a full breakdown of what I do and don't do enough of. Don't hold back, it's the only way I'll get better.

Those matches were so much fun you wouldn't believe. I was there getting bodied and going "that's fucking cool" legitimately during some of them. :lol

Enzo, I'm down for a few matches if you're still around and have the time. I'm scrubbing it up with any and everyone this weekend.

Not as badly as myself though. When I played with my second team, all of my Felicia combos basically became LMHS - j.MMH - Delta Kick and the like. Also, gotta love when level 3s don't come out for a game/thunderbolt loops become superjumps.

OK, if you're here Frantic, I want a full breakdown of what I do and don't do enough of. Don't hold back, it's the only way I'll get better.

Those matches were so much fun you wouldn't believe. I was there getting bodied and going "that's fucking cool" legitimately during some of them. :lol

Enzo, I'm down for a few matches if you're still around and have the time. I'm scrubbing it up with any and everyone this weekend.
Not everyone, since you bought the wrong system! :p

smurfx

get some go again
Indeed. :lol

I'll get a game out of you sooner than not, mark my words. After all, ten more years and all that. :p
hey do you have your system connected through an ethernet cord or wireless? because the connection felt really wonky at times when we played. btw did your brother not want to play? i challenged both of you. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
She died in her sleep at camp this morning, most likely heart failure or lung failure from the muscular dystrophy.

Thanks for the support everyone it means a lot.

Not to be inconsiderate in light of Q but

Not inconsiderate at all, this is a marvel topic and the world doesn't revolve around me an my family. Thanks though :)

Oh man, that really sucks to hear. At least, since you said it was in her sleep she probably didn't suffer much? :(

No. You drop your combos, but I drop my combos ON STREAM pretty much on a weekly basis, therefore I am more like the OMGiTzAndre of Mahvel-GAF than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom