• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Creating XSplit overlays is fun.

umvc3overlay1.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think sbo qualifiers are today and tomorrow. Revelations and seasons beating are the next two major marvel events, seasons beating of course is always omega hype.

Personally I am enjoying my non marvel weekend, started up some d3 and arkham city. I want to beat AC before tdkr.

New iron man 3 armor looks aaaaaaaasssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

I played through that game with the Marvel 2 soundtrack on. I recommend everyone who plays that game do that.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Question time:

1. Do you guys play with an arcade stick or a controller? I currently play with the 360 controller, which I like, but I'm debating whether I want to get an arcade stick or not.
2. Is Phoenix Wright a joke character? Because he is like the shittiest character I have ever played in a fighting game ever.

Question time:

1. Do you guys play with an arcade stick or a controller? I currently play with the 360 controller, which I like, but I'm debating whether I want to get an arcade stick or not.
2. Is Phoenix Wright a joke character? Because he is like the shittiest character I have ever played in a fighting game ever.

1. I play with a stick but play with whatever your most comfortable with. If you've got the capital buy a stick and see how you like it.

2. He had some utility in the beginning of Ultimate because of his fantastic assist in turnabout mode, but they removed the invincibility of it in a patch and now he is basically a useless character.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I use a pad. This game seems easier on pad players since there are 4 main buttons that fit to the face buttons of a pad with the assists on the shoulder buttons.

Also 1 button dash is a godsend. If I had to dash on a stick I'd be so confused.

New Doom BnBs, still tweaking:

2L6H xx normal jump forward, jMM(one hit each) adu jMM(two hits each)jH, H xx normal jump forward, jM6H addf S, HS, jMM6HS

2L6H xx normal jump forward, jM(one hit) xx flight, jLLM aduf jLMM addf jMM unfly, land jump jMM6H adf jMS

Morrigan/Dante/X-23 at this point.
Morrigan blockstring should be one of these three variants (all are good, assume everything is blocked):
j.S, s.LMH, qcb.S, j.S
j.S, s.L, wait, hcb.L
j.S, s.LMH, dp.M, qcb.S, j.S

I'll leave optimal Dante and X-23 blockstrings to others.

Question time:

1) I use a stick, but it's all personal preference.
2) Wright is a serious character, but he's very difficult to use.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Morrigan blockstring should be one of these three variants (all are good, assume everything is blocked):
j.S, s.LMH, qcb.S, j.S
j.S, s.L, wait, hcb.L
j.S, s.LMH, dp.M, qcb.S, j.S

Thanks for these, I'll try them out. Also found a pretty helpful Morrigan guide on YouTube that has a few mixups to try.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think I might be able to pull off my Hawkeye bnb that gets 3 poison arrows in in an actually match now.

If I'm able to do it it's 836k with one bar or 926k if I add in another gimlet.

Poison persists even if the character tags out right?

Question time:

1. Just play with whatever is the most comfortable for you,

2. Phoenix Wright shittiest character ever in a fighter. Hardly. Wright is a good character and has things going for him with some nasty tricks BUT if your not a GOD in marvel no ones seems to care. Wright is very hard to use, requires a team built around him and and his payoff isn't that high so taking that into consideration. He is easily bottom five.

I can't decided what Wright buff I want more infinite tournabout mode (If Frank can easily get to level 4 or 5 with easy mix up potential, why does I only have one crouching attack tournabout Wright get a timer!) or a little more reach on his normals.

Dahbomb

I used to think Phoenix Wright was the worst character in the game by a considerable margin (fairly early into the game) and belongs in his own F tier.

I then learned some tricks on him including an unblockable set ups plus other legit stuff on him that makes it feasible to get him to TA mode. He is still bottom 5 free but he doesn't belong in his own "Roll" tier. Bottom 5 still means that at a casual level you can wreck with him and probably win some local tournaments with him. Unless you are planning on taking EVO with Wright...

FSLink

Banned
Honestly infinite turnabout mode or the invincible assists being back would help him a lot.
There's just not that much payoff for how much work it takes to get into Turnabout.

Invincible assists would be ridiculous now though with how much more zoning play is seen nowadays.
Oh I miss you Wright/Dante/Hawkeye team. Didn't Chris G use a zoning team with invincible Wright before? He would wreck so much with Morrigan/Doom/Wright.z
I wish you could pick Investigation or Trial mode before the match starts. I feel so much more comfortable in Trial mode going in and switching to Investigation after a hard knockdown in certain matchups.

And good games Sigmaah. Man, that was the first time I pulled the Kubota glitch off against a real person, lol. Then I freaked out at being able to do it afterwords and almost lost that match. XD Question, how come you don't use Ice Arrow with Hawkeye to OTG outside of X-Factor? I know the spark thing is easier but I always thought it did more damage with the Ice Arrow. :p

Honestly infinite turnabout mode or the invincible assists being back would help him a lot.
There's just not that much payoff for how much work it takes to get into Turnabout.

Invincible assists would be ridiculous now though with how much more zoning play is seen nowadays.
Oh I miss you Wright/Dante/Hawkeye team. Didn't Chris G use a zoning team with invincible Wright before? He would wreck so much with Morrigan/Doom/Wright.z
I wish you could pick Investigation or Trial mode before the match starts. I feel so much more comfortable in Trial mode going in and switching to Investigation after a hard knockdown in certain matchups.

And good games Sigmaah. Man, that was the first time I pulled the Kubota glitch off against a real person, lol. Then I freaked out at being able to do it afterwords and almost lost that match. XD Question, how come you don't use Ice Arrow with Hawkeye to OTG outside of X-Factor? I know the spark thing is easier but I always thought it did more damage with the Ice Arrow. :p
Infinite Turnabout Mode would be like Dark Phoenix without the health drain. If Slasher gets Turnabout Mode going against me, I burn X-Factor ASAP to kill Wright because otherwise I lose at least one character guaranteed.

Invincible assists would be fine, but I don't think it's the right way to go. Wright players don't want to use him as an assist, they want to use the character.

ChrisG used Wright/Morrigan/Akuma early on as a troll team before he started to take Morrigan seriously.

FSLink

Banned
Infinite Turnabout Mode would be like Dark Phoenix without the health drain. If Slasher gets Turnabout Mode going against me, I burn X-Factor ASAP to kill Wright because otherwise I lose at least one character guaranteed.

Invincible assists would be fine, but I don't think it's the right way to go. Wright players don't want to use him as an assist, they want to use the character.

ChrisG used Wright/Morrigan/Akuma early on as a troll team before he started to take Morrigan seriously.

I don't think it'd be a big problem since Wright doesn't really have as good mixups like Phoenix or Frank in Level 3-5 does. He has some tricks with the projectiles in turnabout mode, and his overhead, but that's it. Or at least make it permanent until Wright uses a Level 3 or something.

And yeah I don't think invincible assists would be the way, though I think giving them hyper armor wouldn't be too bad. And yeah, you're right about that, but he still needs some small buff to Turnabout mode or either make it easier to get into it (less chance of bad evidence or something)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to have some matches later? my xbox gamertag is: Salva is online

feel free to add me or let me add ya!

Add NAFLA if you want to play me. Probably not today, kinda burned out at the moment. Randomly went into a streamed lobby and managed to win quite a bit of games so I'm quitting while I'm ahead for today. It's been a long while since I've played online against non-friends but I've gotten the taste for it again currently.

Dahbomb

FlyingVe is claiming that he found a new Dante tech/glitch where if you TK Reverb Shock into Crazy Dance (or something) you can create a sort of infinite block string situation.

Video in coming. You cannot fucking keep Dante down in this game.

Dahbomb

I will post the comments here because I have no idea how this works:

I just discovered how to dash cancel Reverb Shock with Dante.

Checking frames and stuff first. It's definitely a glitch.

TK Reverb Shock > Crazy Dance

It's an infinte guardstring on regualr block
And has a small gap only if you push block all the hits (CPU style pushblock).

Game isn't recognizing Reverb Shock is blocked, allowing Crazy Dance followup to happen as the dash, which is fast as fuck and feels like its +10. Because you're holding up. Remember another glitch recently that happens because you hold up?

Azure J

FlyingVe is claiming that he found a new Dante tech/glitch where if you TK Reverb Shock into Crazy Dance (or something) you can create a sort of infinite block string situation.

Video in coming. You cannot fucking keep Dante down in this game.

Quicksilver's revenge? In regards to the infinite guard string portion.

I'm messing around in training mode trying to get this though, am I understanding it right when I dash after the Crazy Dance to get it or is it literally just QCB (to upback and hold) + L + S (for Crazy Dance)?

Tangent: I knew there was some technology in Crazy Dance. That move just seemed too out of place in properties not to explore.

Bold Cancel is tricky for a new player though, not being able to do it is the reason I dropped Dante myself.

Not Storm. Warbird, one of the newer characters introduced in the Wolverine and the X-Men comic. Shi'ar warrior keeping an eye on Gladiator's son.

Tricky or not is debatable, but if you're going to give anyone tips on Dante and they can't bold cancel that the first thing they are going to need to learn.

Telling them anything else just turns them into a shitty Dante.

Dahbomb

Dante's progression of tiers in Marvel:

Vanilla (SSS tier comparable to even Dark Phoenix herself)

to

Ultimate (SSS tier now the best non-gimmick character in the game if this tech pans out)

So Dante is back as the best.....

What a surprise/sarcasm

EDIT: Forgot we have an Iron Patriot confirmation and Mandarin looks EXACTLY like he does in comics for IM3. And Winter Soldier in next Cap. But ANT MAN MOVIE! The concept looks awesome. Give us a sneak peek of Rocket.

Today I get to kill a Dark Phoenix with a spring trap super on stream AND also get the Guardians of the Galaxy movie announcement? What a wonderful day.

He's a walking humanoid tree, the
false
king of a planet of tree and animal people, and all he can say is "I am Groot". Well, technically they nerfed his speech capabilities since he could speak more than 3 words before Annhilation Conquest, but still...
tumblr_m76k8yhak81qhhv13o1_500.png

Oh yeah, and he can regenerate his entire body from a single branch.

Dahbomb

Shit looks exactly like I imagined it to be.

You can use this to mix people up too, it's basically free pressure all day for a ton of safe chip. It's probably a bit impractical to keep up the guard stun for so long but this should definitely be a core part of Dante's game from now on.

Don't know if this is going to be banned or not... I don't think it will if the person using it is smart about it and doesn't over do it.

Azure J

The funny part is that I actually thought there'd be more to it because of how eerily similar to the Quicksilver Glitch this one looks to be as is.

Frantic

That's not a glitch or anything. That's just Crazy Dance on whiff/block. It's been around since vanilla, it's just not the easiest thing to do since it's a 2-frame link. It is really good, though. Keeps forward momentum of Reverb Shock, has a hitbox, and is very + on block.

I'm more surprised that people didn't realize you could go into Crazy Dance on whiff/block, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom