• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Oh god post-EVO tier list. I'm going to sleep.
Fchamp posted his post evo tier list? Time stamp?

Nevermind I found it:

https://p.twimg.com/Ax1EOswCAAAIkC_.jpg:large

Some big changes in there, remember that it goes from left to right. Magneto has now replaced Viper in the top 3, Nova and Storm bumped the HELL up, Firebrand and Ammy slightly bumped up, MODOK and Hulk are about the same, Deadpool and Spider Man got slight bumps I think.

The Bottom/Low tier characters are still poorly ranked I feel due to lack of knowledge. Iron Man still WAY too low.

Azure J

I also can't be the only one who hates the camera issue in superjump arcs, can I? The camera ought to pan outwards a bit like Smash so that all the action can be seen.

YES. I feel like this much is all wrong when it comes to camera view. I felt as much ever since I started practicing shot loops into a grounded Stinger. Although I brute forced it and got the hang of it, being able to judge where you are in relation to the character you're juggling would make so much more sensse.

The worst is when people prey upon this. I hate this one reset my brother always goes for which is Vergil bnb to high time, trick back to the ground then wait for my character to attempt getting back to the ground and just before he gets into view, he does a quick superjump so you can't tell from where Vergil's coming (P2 indicator or not) and option selects a grab or that stupid ass j.H. No one man should have all that reach.

My God.... the lag was absolute ass. It was totally representative of that terrible Mahvel netcode we know and love. You should have kept it more simple. I honestly believe I shouldn't be winning matches against anybody since this isn't even my main game.

I still enjoy it for the beads+hidden missiles. It's actually a half decent strategy in mid level gameplay and laggy conditions.

gg

The strangest part about all the matches we played were how the lag would spike anytime I got a hit in as Dante or you had to deal with Vajra. I feel like I was almost cheating that one time I got three shot loop reps on your Morrigan because of a dash under that was actually supposed to be a backdash Bold Block. :lol

Those were some good games a couple of days back. Goddamn it's frustrating as fuck to get caught in that unblockable setup.
GGs, and yeah, it's an unpleasant situation to be in. I didn't mention it in my previous post, but our matches were the first time I've ever landed (or tried to land, outside of training mode) Morrigans fly-cancel Soul Fist combos. Felt damn good, even if I only did it once in our numerous matches, haha. Next step is to incorporate her Soul Drain combo she has with Dark Hole.

I felt like you were way too shy about Hidden Missile calls, and assist calls in general, though. Those later matches when you were just messing around with "Team Ordinary Guys" encouraged me to play Firebrand a bit more grounded. I'm going to mess with that more. I've been thinking about it, and I was a decent Wolverine in Vanilla when I felt like it, and I was constantly surprised by how effect it was just to dash forward and c.L with him. Firebrand pretty much has the same thing going for him with s.L, but I never really abuse it. I need to do that more.

I also can't be the only one who hates the camera issue in superjump arcs, can I? The camera ought to pan outwards a bit like Smash so that all the action can be seen. I'm having an extremely hard time with my sou sou sou whenever you superjump and it's driving me crazy. Basically the only safe place for me to toss out fly canceled soul fists is in the air since the camera can't fuck me over. Also, I had better not hear you asking for Dormammu buffs in the future. The guy is nuts. He is everything that a modern Pyron should be in a Mahvel game. Dormington's only difference is that he plays with clothes on.
Being almost an almost 100% visually based person, I hate losing sight of my characters. The camera really should pan out during superjumps. The game can clearly handle it, as the old Zero glitch shows. This is a game where you really just need to memorize the hand motions apart from the animations, which is good for anyone but hard as heck for me to do. I also feel like the game sometimes doesn't completely update you on your opponent's position, but it's hard to know for sure.

I don't want Dormammu buffs, just more completion to the character via better assists and his lesser used Liberations becoming worthwhile. Yeah, those things technically make him better, but I maintain the same standard for any character. I'd even be okay with Wesker getting Samurai Edge (f.H) as an assist! 0D3C being useless is just something that defeats the purpose of the character. Dormammu is the only character in the game with a in-built long-term strategic decision in his character, and all four of his options should be worth considering.

I'm sure you noticed that I almost exclusively airdash while in flight mode for quick fly cancels. :3
It's a necessity! Poor Morrigan, people who only watch ChrisG play her masterfully don't understand how very difficult it is to not have a ground dash.[/QUOTE]

I love the hidden camera :-( One of my favorite things in the game.
It's like saying you love TACs more than anything in this game. Repulsive thoughts, GB!

Champ's match review of his games in top 8 was so good. It was funny to hear how everyone was mad at him for losing to infrit. "It was supposed to be us in grand finals, man!"

Being almost an almost 100% visually based person, I hate losing sight of my characters.

I play with sound off and I love it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IPL?

In what sense did Capcom say that?

Edit:
Saw this posted in the Sailor Moon thread, had to share here:
SCjTG.jpg
IPL is IGN Pro League. eSports stuffs. I don't believe FChamp on either of those statements, but he said it.

Also that Tony picture is gold :lol

I'll believe it when I see the actual effort and concern. A balancing would only be a start.

Also, links would be nice, Enzo.
It was on the FGTV stream last night.

Not gonna be able to watch and comment on the Chris Baker panel. Turns out I'm going rock climbing just when it starts. Be sure to nag their ears off and show interest in further MvC.
I woke up late and clipped the end of it D:

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Nevermind I found it:

Some big changes in there, remember that it goes from left to right. Magneto has now replaced Viper in the top 3, Nova and Storm bumped the HELL up, Firebrand and Ammy slightly bumped up, MODOK and Hulk are about the same, Deadpool and Spider Man got slight bumps I think.

The Bottom/Low tier characters are still poorly ranked I feel due to lack of knowledge. Iron Man still WAY too low.

Abegen team moved together in tiers :lol

Nevermind I found it:

Morrigan and Dr.Doom should switch places with Spencer and Dormammu.

I also think Hulk should could switch places with Spidey and no one would bat an eye.
YES. I feel like this much is all wrong when it comes to camera view. I felt as much ever since I started practicing shot loops into a grounded Stinger. Although I brute forced it and got the hang of it, being able to judge where you are in relation to the character you're juggling would make so much more sensse.

The worst is when people prey upon this. I hate this one reset my brother always goes for which is Vergil bnb to high time, trick back to the ground then wait for my character to attempt getting back to the ground and just before he gets into view, he does a quick superjump so you can't tell from where Vergil's coming (P2 indicator or not) and option selects a grab or that stupid ass j.H. No one man should have all that reach.

The strangest part about all the matches we played were how the lag would spike anytime I got a hit in as Dante or you had to deal with Vajra. I feel like I was almost cheating that one time I got three shot loop reps on your Morrigan because of a dash under that was actually supposed to be a backdash Bold Block. :lol
That sounds messy. It's Mahvel though...
I love the hidden camera :-( One of my favorite things in the game.
You have the weirdest taste.
GGs, and yeah, it's an unpleasant situation to be in. I didn't mention it in my previous post, but our matches were the first time I've ever landed (or tried to land, outside of training mode) Morrigans fly-cancel Soul Fist combos. Felt damn good, even if I only did it once in our numerous matches, haha. Next step is to incorporate her Soul Drain combo she has with Dark Hole.
I raised an eyebrow you pulled off that fly cancel.
I felt like you were way too shy about Hidden Missile calls, and assist calls in general, though. Those later matches when you were just messing around with "Team Ordinary Guys" encouraged me to play Firebrand a bit more grounded. I'm going to mess with that more. I've been thinking about it, and I was a decent Wolverine in Vanilla when I felt like it, and I was constantly surprised by how effect it was just to dash forward and c.L with him. Firebrand pretty much has the same thing going for him with s.L, but I never really abuse it. I need to do that more.
It's hard to toss out assists like that against a character with one of the fastest horizontal supers in the game. Also, I hate the what they did with the HUD. I constantly call the wrong assists even now and it infuriates me every single time. This never EVER happened in Vanilla.
Being almost an almost 100% visually based person, I hate losing sight of my characters. The camera really should pan out during superjumps. The game can clearly handle it, as the old Zero glitch shows. This is a game where you really just need to memorize the hand motions apart from the animations, which is good for anyone but hard as heck for me to do. I also feel like the game sometimes doesn't completely update you on your opponent's position, but it's hard to know for sure.
It is a silly mistake on their part. I bet that really pisses off a lot of newcomers too. Giving us a full view of the battlefield should be one of the top priorities for a fighting game. It's perfectly okay if certain characters are built to obscure our view, but superjumps shouldn't do that at all.
I don't want Dormammu buffs, just more completion to the character via better assists and his lesser used Liberations becoming worthwhile. Yeah, those things technically make him better, but I maintain the same standard for any character. I'd even be okay with Wesker getting Samurai Edge (f.H) as an assist! 0D3C being useless is just something that defeats the purpose of the character. Dormammu is the only character in the game with a in-built long-term strategic decision in his character, and all four of his options should be worth considering.
I have no problem with him having good assists. Just no buffs to his point game. He is amazing as it is. The guy plays pretty much like he might fight in the comics which terrifies me. I wish Hsien-Ko had that kind of thought and care put into her design after her last serious appearance in a fighter fifteen years ago...
It's a necessity! Poor Morrigan, people who only watch ChrisG play her masterfully don't understand how very difficult it is to not have a ground dash.
I'd talk about it, but I'm used to not getting what I want when it comes to this game lol.
It was on the FGTV stream last night.
Ah, I see...

I raised an eyebrow you pulled off that fly cancel.
I actually do it all the time offline in training mode, but when I get in matches my brain goes "LMHS!" I've been working hard recently at forcing myself to do that f.H, though. It doesn't help that I usually have her in XF3, so I don't feel "punished" for going with the simple BNB.

It's hard to toss out assists like that against a character with one of the fastest horizontal supers in the game. Also, I hate the what they did with the HUD. I constantly call the wrong assists even now and it infuriates me every single time. This never EVER happened in Vanilla.
IMO, it must be done. Keep Morrigan grounded for a second to counter with Shadow Servant if you need to, but if it goes down to Morrigan solo against Dormammu, it's not a fun fight (but it has at least gotten better for her since Vanilla; used to be the most free matchup in the game for me). Or call the assist right while you superjump and just air dash behind me. Neither of these are comfortable, but I think it has to be pushed to keep Dormammu in check, because the only character you have with a decent solo matchup against him is Amaterasu.

It is a silly mistake on their part. I bet that really pisses off a lot of newcomers too. Giving us a full view of the battlefield should be one of the top priorities for a fighting game. It's perfectly okay if certain characters are built to obscure our view, but superjumps shouldn't do that at all.
Indeed.

I have no problem with him having good assists. Just no buffs to his point game. He is amazing as it is. The guy plays pretty much like he might fight in the comics which terrifies me. I wish Hsien-Ko had that kind of thought and care put into her design after her last serious appearance in a fighter fifteen years ago...
Agreed entirely. I'm very happy with him as a point character, and I think, like Taskmaster, he has the right balance of BS vs. weaknesses. Vanilla drove me absolutely insane, since he had three really big indefensible weaknesses:
1) No universal hit confirm (really, who doesn't have this?)
2) Ground throws cause soft knockdown (another pleasure unique to Dormammu)
3) Cannot attack out of an up-back or down-back airdash.

He also got a speed boost on his dashes in Ultimate, but I wouldn't particularly care if he lost that. Actually, in exchange for better assists, I'd be willing to sacrifice any of the following, or some combination thereof:
1) Slower air dashes (Vanilla levels)
2) Health drop
3) Damage nerf

I'd talk about it, but I'm used to not getting what I want when it comes to this game lol.
Morrigan changes I would like:
1) Soul Drain assist.
2) Shadow Servant is always her THC (Finishing Shower is such a bad THC, let her OTG for the team at least; Shadow Servant has good point setups for landing Soul Drain, too)
3) Full combos off of throws, even if it just means giving Shadow Servant quick enough recovery to do so.

Maybe a ground dash, but I'm okay with her being flight-only if these other changes take place. These are all changes based on what she has in the game. If I could go nuts with her, I'd give her the rest of her hypers (Valkyrie Turn would be useful in this game if it had invincibility until the shell kick appears and gives full combos), her OTG follow-up (j.d+H), have her command throw drain meter (FUCK YEAH), j.S now chips, and Cryptic Needle has her own Bionic Arm! :-D

In exchange for all of the above changes, nerf Hidden Missiles to balance things out. ;-)

In all seriousness, a character needs a lot in this game to be worth picking if that character's damage is low, and Morrigan is such a character. I am very happy that ChrisG has brought her into the spotlight, but it's unfortunate that she is entirely reliant on a gimmick assist to win.

Sup guys. Did I miss anything ground-breaking while I was at a Project M tournament?

Also, I'm removing Frank West from my main team and replacing him with Wesker. Joe/Wesker/Ammy is the new hotness.

Azure J

You know, as much as I am not the type of person who gets upset over losses, losses that were easily preventable + inconsiderate family members using the net when you've made it known that you're doing something is the bitterest of pills to swallow. =/

GGs SolarKnight. Once again I am reminded that Nova is easily one of the scarier characters to go toe to toe with from the beginning of the match as Dante.

Edit: Oh it was your side? Well shit. Still for all though, I can't believe how many matches I straight up lost because nothing was coming out. That Frank railroading was the one time where I felt like I knew nothing about what was going on because I have zero match up experience against him. The "Phoenix sits on Mr. Flapper", the dropped game ending Happy Birthday in that last last match, and the Dante/Nova stareoff on SHIELD Helicarrier just got me depressed.

Hmm I dunno. Can the team kill? Wasn't the problem that you wanted to kill characters easier and faster?

Baby steps. Joe isn't exactly a character that kill off a touch like Wolverine, at least without Slow. So for now, I'm going to try and end as many combos as I can with Slow and make my opponent guess if I'm going to hit high or low before they lose 600k damage off of the Slow "infinite" that I've been neglecting to use this entire time. Wesker's OTG assist aids me in that endeavor.

You know, as much as I am not the type of person who gets upset over losses, losses that were easily preventable + inconsiderate family members using the net when you've made it known that you're doing something is the bitterest of pills to swallow. =/

GGs SolarKnight. Once again I am reminded that Nova is easily one of the scarier characters to go toe to toe with from the beginning of the match as Dante.

Edit: Oh it was your side? Well shit. Still for all though, I can't believe how many matches I straight up lost because nothing was coming out. That Frank railroading was the one time where I felt like I knew nothing about what was going on because I have zero match up experience against him. The "Phoenix sits on Mr. Flapper", the dropped game ending Happy Birthday in that last last match, and the Dante/Nova stareoff on SHIELD Helicarrier just got me depressed.

Well, I think it was a combination of both sides in this case then xD

But yeah, those certainly weren't ideal playing conditions, specially if you're not used to it. The last match was just 100% horrible and doesn't count at all though :/

Still, you could say that last one was just like the old Brawl times with the other RPM guys >.>

Azure J

Well, I think it was a combination of both sides in this case then xD

But yeah, those certainly weren't ideal playing conditions, specially if you're not used to it. The last match was just 100% horrible and doesn't count at all though :/

Still, you could say that last one was just like the old Brawl times with the other RPM guys >.>

That last line makes me wonder how the hell I ever got that good at the game in the lag. Like, it was so long ago, I don't think I could ever do it again. :lol

Dahbomb

He posted later that its

Firebrand/Modok/Dante guys. Hes not gonna drop Firebrand.
8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

I am curious about which MODOK assist he is using. I still think he should try Dorm instead of MODOK in that configuration, it's guaranteed to work but he might have some tech/synergy that I am overlooking. My guess is that he is going to go for raw tag OTG shenanigans or TAC swag cube combos.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Brawl online was like playing a Powerpoint slideshow with all kind of wacky effects in between the slides for me. I really really wanted it to work well, Melee was my most played game last gen.

Anth0ny

I heard Brawl's online had a minimum of 8 frames of lag, no matter how godlike your connection is.

Brawl has 1 frame of input lag offline.

Azure J

I heard Brawl's online had a minimum of 8 frames of lag, no matter how godlike your connection is.

Brawl has 1 frame of input lag offline.

OT: Holy shit, seriously? I never really knew the technical stuff behind the game but seeing this is kinda jarring.

Anth0ny

OT: Holy shit, seriously? I never really knew the technical stuff behind the game but seeing this is kinda jarring.

Yeah, apparently the Project M dudes fixed it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaanyways:

Ax1EOswCAAAIkC_.jpg:large

I like this list. Although I still think Viper is getting too much undeserved respect. I can see her being top 3 in a year or two when players really start picking the game apart, but I'd probably swap her with Spencer on the list.

and Firebrand is way too high. Dat Zak Bennett bias.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brawl online doesn't exist. I refuse to believe that abortion got through Q&A or even through Nintendo quality control. Not even on special JapanInternet do I imagine it being passable.

Grecco

So basically he's getting read of cold star for jam session. Hmm.... I don't know how I feel about that. Maybe because my anchor Dante is ass, but if I could I play anchor Ammy over Dante.

Im guessing its easier to do the firebrand unblockable set up with jam session but thats just a guess.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Climbing gym was closed. Different hours for July and August. Dammit.

Azure J

Dante on anchor is seriously legit. He is untapped potential in that spot.

Dante is actually my favorite XF3 comeback character just because no one knows this or even acknowledges it. Hard knockdown + Anime Powerup + Vaizard Mode + Galick Gun Loops = MUGEN level unfair. That's without talking about how his entry mixups become disgusting as hell and everything is a goddamned infinite that builds unfair amounts of meter.

Triple Twister-Tempest - Million Carats - Jam Session x N is the flashiest way to put an exclamation point at the end a match. (Corner only of course)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Climbing gym was closed. Different hours for July and August. Dammit.
Don't worry, nothing was announced. They just geeked out over the movies and comics the entire time. Dropped some really, really miniature tidbits about CBaker working on (U)MvC3 and stuff though.

Also, apparently Drax the Destroyer was in MSH in a background after you beat Thanos.

FSLink

Banned
Dante is actually my favorite XF3 comeback character just because no one knows this or even acknowledges it. Hard knockdown + Anime Powerup + Vaizard Mode + Galick Gun Loops = MUGEN level unfair. That's without talking about how his entry mixups become disgusting as hell and everything is a goddamned infinite that builds unfair amounts of meter.

Triple Twister-Tempest - Million Carats - Jam Session x N is the flashiest way to put an exclamation point at the end a match. (Corner only of course)

Million Carat combos are so much fun in XF3. :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvjX8LMC6rI

Old video I made just messing around with Dante in XF3.

Brawl online doesn't exist. I refuse to believe that abortion got through Q&A or even through Nintendo quality control. Not even on special JapanInternet do I imagine it being passable.
I bought my Wii just for Brawl online. Biggest disappointment this generation. Thank the gaming gods that two of the best games this generation later came out for the Wii to justify the purchase.

Don't worry, nothing was announced. They just geeked out over the movies and comics the entire time. Dropped some really, really miniature tidbits about CBaker working on (U)MvC3 and stuff though.

Also, apparently Drax the Destroyer was in MSH in a background after you beat Thanos.
Tidbits of stuff they finished and put out already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom