• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

That's not a glitch or anything. That's just Crazy Dance on whiff/block. It's been around since vanilla, it's just not the easiest thing to do since it's a 2-frame link. It is really good, though. Keeps forward momentum of Reverb Shock, has a hitbox, and is very + on block.

I'm more surprised that people didn't realize you could go into Crazy Dance on whiff/block, lol.

I figured as much, but didn't want to say anything since well scrub status and "haven't been playing since Vanilla" were two strikes against me. Still for all, that's an insane amount of advantage. Almost Zero levels of bullying right there.

Frantic

I figured as much, but didn't want to say anything since well scrub status and "haven't been playing since Vanilla" were two strikes against me. Still for all, that's an insane amount of advantage. Almost Zero levels of bullying right there.
Heh, what blows my mind is that holding a direction actually DOES make the Crazy Dance easier. Tried it myself, and get it much more consistently now. That must be a glitch, haha.

Shit looks exactly like I imagined it to be.

You can use this to mix people up too, it's basically free pressure all day for a ton of safe chip. It's probably a bit impractical to keep up the guard stun for so long but this should definitely be a core part of Dante's game from now on.

Don't know if this is going to be banned or not... I don't think it will if the person using it is smart about it and doesn't over do it.

Highly doubt it will be ban. Even with this tech it doesn't magically turn a bad Dante player into Yipes.

Of course it will boost guys that already good with Dante up quite a bit.

Azure J

Heh, what blows my mind is that holding a direction actually DOES make the Crazy Dance easier. Tried it myself, and get it much more consistently now. That must be a glitch, haha.

The explanation that was copy-pasted earlier before the video was made is really about to make me explore a lot of shit with characters after this. Up input for god tier anyone?

So Dante is TVC Zero now?

Only if you can maintain 2 frame links. Also, how hilarious is it that this is the thing that gets me to get more consistent with Crazy Dance links?

Edit: If I ever make a fighting game, one of the first things I'm developing is an input display that looks like a MIDI sequence so that players can "see" the timings for button presses in training mode. Shit would be so good for developing things like this.

Just tried it out in tanning mode and I can't do that shit consistently. Best I got was like 5 in a row. ... I guess better than me doing Tekken EWGF Lol...

I do lighting loops better than this shit.

Azure J

Triple tap the S and hold up back. The glitch is holding upback widens the input window.

You know what's funny? I have the one button tap for the S input down pat when it's empty. When I actually make contact though? Fuck if I know when to press the S again, so "mash until it works™" I go!

smurfx

get some go again
I think I might be able to pull off my Hawkeye bnb that gets 3 poison arrows in in an actually match now.

If I'm able to do it it's 836k with one bar or 926k if I add in another gimlet.

Poison persists even if the character tags out right?
you do know that poison arrows don't stack right? it takes a while to get the full unscaled damage from one and you only reset the poison arrow if you hit them with it again.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's dumb they should patch that.

Well my combo is long enough that I get 2 in at least.

Hmm when the announcer guy says "DANGER" for you character's health being low, what determines when he says that? Is it at a certain percent of health?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While on Dorm character select screen:

ShadyK: "Liberation... hehehehe."
Filipino Champ: *serious* "That's a pretty good assist, I was gonna pick it."

EDIT: I love hearing players talk about player-specific training techniques and training techniques in general.

Azure J

GGs SolarPowered. I told you we'd get our set, even if I played fraudulent as hell. :p

I'm mad that it takes me so many games to realize the things I should be doing and that my B team is not equipped to deal with zoners. To be more specific, letting you get space was always a bad idea since I had to navigate the missiles and SOUSOUSOU. Another thing was my lacking matchup experience with Morrigan. Goddamn her buttons are sooooo good. Getting locked down with Cold Shots had me play the most intense game of high/low ever. :lol

I used a few of these matches to try some different things as well as test the effectiveness of Twister/Tempest for screen clearing. It's pretty cool until a missile gets in through the middle. :p

Also, I definitely learned today that keeping things simple is best when you're online. I was there thinking I could hit half the things I'm doing offline if I omit here and there only to get nothing period. I had fun though. :)

Finally, since I know this one's going to get mentioned: Ping ponging off of 4 XF3 Soul Fists because after a tense second of staying in place, I decide to jump up and dying from it made my night. It's either that or having 5 meters for Dark Phoenix, knocking down Doom with an air series then trying for TK Fireball to finish the combo only to waste a meter on a Phoenix Rage then eat a wakeup Plasma Beam. :lol

@Enzo: Liberation is very cool an assist if you have either setups to get Dorm in and out or an assload of meter for rapid DHCs or Crossover Counters to change the spells you have stocked then get him out as safe as possible.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah everyone was crabbing that Combo tried to run vs. Phoenix in that last match. But what got him in that situation was when he tried to kill both Magneto and Doom by blowing xfactor.

Grecco

what kinda haggar team did you play?

My friend uses Haggar/Ghost Rider/Shuma and Haggar/Taskmaster/Sentinel basically sentinel/shuma cover the screen and protect haggar and all he does is jump forward pipe/assist jump forward pipe/assist till he lands a pipe for the full combo.

JeTmAn81

Haggar lariat is some serious bs. I Phantom Danced with Wesker to bait a solo Haggar lariat, he did it so I DHC into Dante's Devil Trigger and then since I had 3 more bars, i level 3 for the win. Nope, lariat beats that, and he kills my Dante. I am so stunned by this he easily hoodlums my Wesker for the win. SMH.

Azure J

Haggar lariat is some serious bs. I Phantom Danced with Wesker to bait a solo Haggar lariat, he did it so I DHC into Dante's Devil Trigger and then since I had 3 more bars, i level 3 for the win. Nope, lariat beats that, and he kills my Dante. I am so stunned by this he easily hoodlums my Wesker for the win. SMH.

The set I played with Smurf really showed me just how serious dat Mayor can be. I am so free to characters with FUCK YOU buttons I swear.

Infrit with the mental autoguard gem, foiling FChamp's plans.

Perfect. :lol

smurfx

get some go again
no reason why dantes level 3 would beat lariat.

Dahbomb

Why the hell are Dante players complaining about Haggar?

Crystal > normal jumping/dash up Haggar

Acid Rain > super jumping Haggar

Hysterics > Up back Haggar

FChamp spoke to Capcom and they said Marvel is their biggest game? wat
So that's why they aren't patching it.

Azure J

Why the hell are Dante players complaining about Haggar?

Crystal > normal jumping/dash up Haggar

Acid Rain > super jumping Haggar

Hysterics > Up back Haggar

It's not complaints on my end, just realizations. When you play someone who only "plays" a few cast members and have no real match up experience, it's fairly refreshing and enlightning an experience to go up against Haggar.

Well at least for me anyway. Also, I'd never call him bullshit or whatever else mind you.

Edit: I still think it's really hard to put Doom & Spencer in top five in this game. Doom's point ability with no assists and Spencer's reliance on going fishing for his openings just feels weird when Dormammu, Viper and Dante (sorry if I sound like a fantard, but seriously) exist.

Azure J

Just wondering, I'm trying to start figuring out what tech to use and what to consider impractical with Dante now and I remembered this teleport post snap glitch. What exactly is happening here? There's a snap, the teleport and a dash but is there any way to influence where Dante will be and thus if the Hammer will be a crossup or un-crossup?

Fellow lab monsters, help me out here. :p

Just wondering, I'm trying to start figuring out what tech to use and what to consider impractical with Dante now and I remembered this teleport post snap glitch. What exactly is happening here? There's a snap, the teleport and a dash but is there any way to influence where Dante will be and thus if the Hammer will be a crossup or un-crossup?

Fellow lab monsters, help me out here. :p

It's just an an cross up overhead. The guy that made the video though it was an unblockable but it's not.

He probably recorded the CPU to hold downback that's why it hit everytime. However if you set the CPU to back instead of down back they block it.

I think if you don't dash it doesn't cross up, can't remember.....

Shit looks exactly like I imagined it to be.

You can use this to mix people up too, it's basically free pressure all day for a ton of safe chip. It's probably a bit impractical to keep up the guard stun for so long but this should definitely be a core part of Dante's game from now on.

Don't know if this is going to be banned or not... I don't think it will if the person using it is smart about it and doesn't over do it.
I hate Dante, and I don't think this should be banned.

That's not a glitch or anything. That's just Crazy Dance on whiff/block. It's been around since vanilla, it's just not the easiest thing to do since it's a 2-frame link. It is really good, though. Keeps forward momentum of Reverb Shock, has a hitbox, and is very + on block.

I'm more surprised that people didn't realize you could go into Crazy Dance on whiff/block, lol.
Well it's not a full Crazy Dance.

You deserved it. Stop getting hit by a low tier character. ;-)

IPL has Marvel? WTF?!

IPL?

In what sense did Capcom say that?

As Fubarduck said on stream today: "Just don't try to 50/50 Haggar on wake up. Do. Not. Do. It. He will lariat and own you."
In that case, not attacking is the 50/50. I do a bunch of wavedashes into Haggar players and then just crouch. Works really well. Unless I'm playing 2/3 of my characters, then I run away.

Edit:
Saw this posted in the Sailor Moon thread, had to share here:
SCjTG.jpg

Turning on the PS3 now.
Those were some good games a couple of days back. Goddamn it's frustrating as fuck to get caught in that unblockable setup.

I also can't be the only one who hates the camera issue in superjump arcs, can I? The camera ought to pan outwards a bit like Smash so that all the action can be seen. I'm having an extremely hard time with my sou sou sou whenever you superjump and it's driving me crazy. Basically the only safe place for me to toss out fly canceled soul fists is in the air since the camera can't fuck me over. Also, I had better not hear you asking for Dormammu buffs in the future. The guy is nuts. He is everything that a modern Pyron should be in a Mahvel game. Dormington's only difference is that he plays with clothes on.

I'm sure you noticed that I almost exclusively airdash while in flight mode for quick fly cancels. :3
GGs SolarPowered. I told you we'd get our set, even if I played fraudulent as hell. :p

I'm mad that it takes me so many games to realize the things I should be doing and that my B team is not equipped to deal with zoners. To be more specific, letting you get space was always a bad idea since I had to navigate the missiles and SOUSOUSOU. Another thing was my lacking matchup experience with Morrigan. Goddamn her buttons are sooooo good. Getting locked down with Cold Shots had me play the most intense game of high/low ever. :lol

I used a few of these matches to try some different things as well as test the effectiveness of Twister/Tempest for screen clearing. It's pretty cool until a missile gets in through the middle. :p

Also, I definitely learned today that keeping things simple is best when you're online. I was there thinking I could hit half the things I'm doing offline if I omit here and there only to get nothing period. I had fun though. :)

Finally, since I know this one's going to get mentioned: Ping ponging off of 4 XF3 Soul Fists because after a tense second of staying in place, I decide to jump up and dying from it made my night. It's either that or having 5 meters for Dark Phoenix, knocking down Doom with an air series then trying for TK Fireball to finish the combo only to waste a meter on a Phoenix Rage then eat a wakeup Plasma Beam. :lol

@Enzo: Liberation is very cool an assist if you have either setups to get Dorm in and out or an assload of meter for rapid DHCs or Crossover Counters to change the spells you have stocked then get him out as safe as possible.
My God.... the lag was absolute ass. It was totally representative of that terrible Mahvel netcode we know and love. You should have kept it more simple. I honestly believe I shouldn't be winning matches against anybody since this isn't even my main game.

I still enjoy it for the beads+hidden missiles. It's actually a half decent strategy in mid level gameplay and laggy conditions.

gg
IPL has Marvel? WTF?!

I'll believe it when I see the actual effort and concern. A balancing would only be a start.

Also, links would be nice, Enzo.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna be able to watch and comment on the Chris Baker panel. Turns out I'm going rock climbing just when it starts. Be sure to nag their ears off and show interest in further MvC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom