• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Azurejericho:

Open a Windows command prompt and type "pathping -q 20 216.93.129.1". If this returns no results then try "pathping -q 20 google.com". Copy and paste the results here.

Azure J

Hey Sixfortyfive, first off, terribly sorry that my net gave out when it did. Seems like a storm is brewing and it's screwing with the wireless. :(

Secondly, damn that Felicia is scary. I got no offense started in those few matches and the few times I read what was coming next, I was too afraid of her grabs to try anything special. I'd really like to play if you don't mind playing the scrubbiest of the scrubs, but I don't know what this situation's going to be like regarding my net availability. =/

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, nothing was announced. They just geeked out over the movies and comics the entire time. Dropped some really, really miniature tidbits about CBaker working on (U)MvC3 and stuff though.

Also, apparently Drax the Destroyer was in MSH in a background after you beat Thanos.

Yeah I just caught up. Not sure what the point of that panel was. Only thing I got out of it was that it was nice to see Baker being a genuine Marvel fan and not just some random dude in that position and that they did notice the game being huge at EVO.

Seems the door is pretty much closed on any UMvC3 stuff. Revision also seems to be getting more doubtful. At this point I think hoping there will be an MvC4 late 2013 is what I can hope for. They should also be more smart about their release date and have it coincide with one of the movie releases and cross promote the hell out of it. Also think it's a safe bet we'll see more Guardian of the Galaxy characters joining the cast in a future game. Any of the cast shown in that concept art could potentially make it, but probably no more than two slots.

I bought my Wii just for Brawl online. Biggest disappointment this generation. Thank the gaming gods that two of the best games this generation later came out for the Wii to justify the purchase.

Same here. I even imported the game and bought a disc that would let me play games from other regions for Wii and everything. I think they already broke that functionality with a patch, so I should probably never update my Wii's firmware.

Those tidbits consisted of stuff like "oh yeah, I gave Rocket Raccoon that line because I loved it in his first appearance" and such.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Makes more sense to wait till Next gen and make something big then.

Late next year could be the start of next gen, but it's looking more like it'll be early 2014 to give the last gen a holiday release season sendoff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tidbits of stuff they finished and put out already?
Yeah. They started off the bat by saying there would be no UMvC3 news because they knew that's all people would ask for.

Baker talked about how he went about finding alternate costumes, etc. Very little of this stuff in general the entire time, since they basically talked about everything for that near hour slot.
Yeah I just caught up. Not sure what the point of that panel was. Only thing I got out of it was that it was nice to see Baker being a genuine Marvel fan and not just some random dude in that position and that they did notice the game being huge at EVO.

Seems the door is pretty much closed on any UMvC3 stuff. Revision also seems to be getting more doubtful. At this point I think hoping there will be an MvC4 late 2013 is what I can hope for. They should also be more smart about their release date and have it coincide with one of the movie releases and cross promote the hell out of it. Also think it's a safe bet we'll see more Guardian of the Galaxy characters joining the cast in a future game. Any of the cast shown in that concept art could potentially make it, but probably no more than two slots.
Wasn't a panel really, just bringing Chris Baker on to talk. It seems like Capcom and Marvel, and their employees have really good relationships.

I don't think we'll see another MvC3 for a while. Maybe a Marvel-only game, but I believe them when they say MvC needs time to breathe.

Tirael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsesATGGnhE

nice deadpool/dante/task combo vid. stealing a lot of this shit for my firebrand/dante/task unit.

Oh man, I've seen that, I think it was posted earlier in the thread. It's so sexy, though, not just the combos and stuff, but also the way the video is made.

Well, they have yet to convince me that they care about it at all at this point.

Groot confirmed for MvC4.

Late next year could be the start of next gen, but it's looking more like it'll be early 2014 to give the last gen a holiday release season sendoff.

Hmm, possible, but considering Capcom's past blunders, they're probably going to stagger releases a bit more. I see them probably releasing a new Darkstalkers before then, then probably MvC4 next gen. I mean, you have no idea what I'd give for MvC4 THIS gen, or even a revision, I'm just thinking it's unlikely.

And my biggest problem with that is that is that, most likely, Gene won't make it in because he'll be a relic by that time. Once the next gen hits, MvC4 or not, I'll likely change my avatar.

Hey Karst, you were saying before that Dormammu can't confirm off of air to air hits at superjump height?

I was messing around and figured out that you can do jH xx Dark Hole, x-factor, liberation(volcano) for a full combo if you have an assist to pull them off a flame carpet or otg for you. otherwise just pillar super.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man this game is confusing. I'm able to get a forced ground bounce with Centurion Rush M after a crumple from Nova Strike H if I xfactor after the crumple. But if I try and do it without xfactor I don't get the groundbounce and the opponent rolls out.

Any one know why this is?

Man this game is confusing. I'm able to get a forced ground bounce with Centurion Rush M after a crumple from Nova Strike H if I xfactor after the crumple. But if I try and do it without xfactor I don't get the groundbounce and the opponent rolls out.

Any one know why this is?

The same reason you can x-factor and get two stalking flares but not two flame carpets.

Wait.

Hey Karst, you were saying before that Dormammu can't confirm off of air to air hits at superjump height?

I was messing around and figured out that you can do jH xx Dark Hole, x-factor, liberation(volcano) for a full combo if you have an assist to pull them off a flame carpet or otg for you. otherwise just pillar super.
I'm aware. I'm talking about the kind of confirms that characters like Magneto can do. You can do that same combo with 1D2C, FYI. Thank you for mentioning it to me.

You're telling me? On that note, motion to hearby refer to XF DT'd Vergil as the goddamned Xenomorph. All in favor?
The Xenomorph?

Dahbomb

Why would you turn on Devil Trigger that early during XF? The whole point of XF with Vergil is to use XF to build meter for Swords and more DT when the XF runs out.

But yeah Dark Vergil is the truth. I have been talking about how DT Vergil is some other level shit, most people are still hard from face rolling with Spiral Swords. Dark Vergil laughs at Hollywood Wesker.

Dahbomb

Capcom should make an Uncanny Mahvel that allows us to use different versions of the same character like in the JP Darkstalkers collection.

Vanilla Wolverine/Dark Vergil/Vanilla Phoenix

vs

UMvC3 Zero/UMvC3 Morrigan/UMvC3 Doom

Battle of the ages.
Honestly speaking if they would let you use Vanilla mechanics/balancing (like the meter gain, TAC and X factors from Vanilla)... that first team would be unstoppable.

I can't imagine a game where Vergil has access to Vanilla level meter gain. Even in Ultimate he has more than enough meter gain to sustain himself.

Vanilla Wolverine owns all those UMVC3 characters for free... Berderper Slash gives no fucks about zoning.

Grecco

If anything the seccond team needs some vanilla loving

UMVC Zero, UMVC Morrigan, Vanilla TRAGGAR or better yet replace Morrigan with Dormmamu

Dahbomb

UMVC3 Zero + Vanilla Dante + Dark Vergil

ohhh.png

Azure J

Ugh, I think I'm the worst Marvel player in Marvel GAF. Too many bad calls and randumb things in my game. Sixfortyfive, that team is fucking evil. If it wasn't death by hell cat, it was getting Nameless'd repeatedly. I just choked it up. Worst part was I was seeing your stuff and thinking I know what to do only to find myself getting fucked up by a reset or underestimating the advantage of Felicia + Task arrows on block.

Dante put in no work this weekend. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FChamp mentioning IPL again. Says dates will be announced soon.

Is this just him being in the know again or did I seriously miss a big eSports x Capcom games announcement somewhere?

Is this just him being in the know again or did I seriously miss a big eSports x Capcom games announcement somewhere?

Capcom has been working hard with IPL for a while already, IPL supported them a lot for SFxT and now they are holding that anniversary tourney. Those MLG guys complaining about how anti-ESports Capcom is seems to be missing the point that Capcom is a lot more anti-MLG than anti-ESports. It sounds a lot to me that Capcom doesn't want their games in MLG not because they are poisoned by Seth and the Cannon brothers, but because MLG is just arrogant and did a poor job in selling themselves to Capcom and the FGC. IPL in comparision is a lot more respectable and is doing their stuff without boasting about how much prize money they have.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Capcom has been working hard with IPL for a while already, IPL supported them a lot for SFxT and now they are holding that anniversary tourney. Those MLG guys complaining about how anti-ESports Capcom is seems to be missing the point that Capcom is a lot more anti-MLG than anti-ESports. It sounds a lot to me that Capcom doesn't want their games in MLG not because they are poisoned by Seth and the Cannon brothers, but because MLG is just arrogant and did a poor job in selling themselves to Capcom and the FGC. IPL in comparision is a lot more respectable and is doing their stuff without boasting about how much prize money they have.
Thanks for this informative post.

How big is IPL? Are they bigger than MLG or smaller?
Smaller I'm guessing. IPL has been around for much less time IIRC.

Ugh, I think I'm the worst Marvel player in Marvel GAF. Too many bad calls and randumb things in my game. Sixfortyfive, that team is fucking evil. If it wasn't death by hell cat, it was getting Nameless'd repeatedly. I just choked it up. Worst part was I was seeing your stuff and thinking I know what to do only to find myself getting fucked up by a reset or underestimating the advantage of Felicia + Task arrows on block.

Dante put in no work this weekend. :(
Gotta get online more often! People will level you up.

Darksim

Why would you turn on Devil Trigger that early during XF? The whole point of XF with Vergil is to use XF to build meter for Swords and more DT when the XF runs out.

The video is really just an example of combos during both states, but If I already had 3+ bars I see no reason to not remain in Devil Trigger throughout XF, he's essentially a boss character in that state and can easily run though an entire team of high health characters before XF has run out.

Yes, he can meterless ToD off of optimal hit confirms in XF3, but they are both somewhat finicky and time consuming in comparison when he could just activate Devil Trigger, kill in 3 seconds, and get to run his Rapid Slash/Judgement Cut/Throw mixups on the next character and usually kill again with the same Devil Trigger. The general idea is to win the game in under 20 seconds. When not dealing with 3 high health characters, you're probably going to win in much less than that. It's really quite broken.

Also, I said in the video description how XF1 + DT is faster than just XF3, but I didn't mention that everything except the double Rapid Slash combo and the late combo self otg loop works even in XF1. Thus, for second slot Vergil teams, he can have access to 15 seconds of being nearly as absurd as in XF3, but with an assist. Considering that this should only be done off of an initial hit confirm, it's pretty easy to murder two characters in record time or even flat out win the game before XF2 ends.

Formal Introduction:

Hi, I'm a scrub from the NJ area who gets bodied one game away from playing on stream at Big Two on a weekly basis. I made that Dark Vergil video. I also made the video with Dante building 3.25ish bars that everyone went nuts over. I've been lurking on here ever since I was waiting for my account to get activated, but still didn't post until now for whatever reason. I've posted a lot of stuff in my character's forums on SRK, someone might recognize me.

Also, about 4 weeks ago I did the unthinkable and dropped Zero. Dropping Zero/Dante/Magneto for Dante/Vergil/Strider isn't really falling that far off though.

Solune

Dante is actually my favorite XF3 comeback character just because no one knows this or even acknowledges it. Hard knockdown + Anime Powerup + Vaizard Mode + Galick Gun Loops = MUGEN level unfair. That's without talking about how his entry mixups become disgusting as hell and everything is a goddamned infinite that builds unfair amounts of meter.

Triple Twister-Tempest - Million Carats - Jam Session x N is the flashiest way to put an exclamation point at the end a match. (Corner only of course)

I always get inspired watching Nini Heart's XF3 Dante vid. Been working some XF3 BnB's too lol.

Azure J

Gotta get online more often! People will level you up.

This is true. Enzo's comments on my Dante/Felicia and my trial by fire courtesy of Sixfortyfive has given me a greater desire to play with setups to apply pressure with the two and perfect some Felicia BnBs.

Bizazedo

I feel so dirty for using Zero / Nova / Vergil, but in a good way.

Jesus Christ.

My Vergil is still fraudulent, but it almost never matters.

Grecco

If its like the last 2 IPL things it wont be actual tournaments it will be exhibition matches where a selected number of well established pros get compted and invited to compete.

Thats stupid and dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom