• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

So I was bored and messing with Dante/Dormammu/Magneto again using Liberation assist and I just saw the most damage out of anything I've ever done with Dante to date using one instance of 2D1C. Basically:

M - H - Stinger - Volcano - j.S - [Call Dormammu] Million Carats - Volcano xx Beehive - [Backdash] S xx Clay Pigeon (8 shots) x 3 - Stinger - Teleport - Hammer - Volcano xx Beehive xx Million Dollars

840K. My mind is full of fuck. Honestly though, I'm not surprised, getting hit at the tip of 2D1C's eruption just melts health away I swear. :lol

Frantic

My personal favorite from that Trish nonsense was the classic Stinger (Call Trish) - Teleport just because I learned the hard way how long it takes that projectile to fire. I'd be blocking the right way only to see myself walk into your Dante combos or "wise up" then eat lightning in the ass. :lol
I actually prefer slow assists for Dante's mixups because they tend to be more devious. With the right setups, you can get a mixup before the assist hits, then another mixup as the assist hits, which is something I like.

I also get hit by slow mixups more than fast mixups. My twitch reflexes don't react to slow mixups, so I'll get hit by Spencer's overhead more than Magneto's tridash j.L. >_>

I think it's a really incredible team, even though playing Vergil with Jam Session isn't something that people seem to like.
I've always liked Vergil with Jam Session, just because you get some seriously dumb incoming mixups with it. Prefer it over a dedicated OTG, but that might just be me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If you play a lot of sets I think certain things might get better like your defense...or that's what I'd hope, anyway. Do you have PSN? I want to play people on PSN since I don't have a 360, and it'd be good to play people on my level.

I only have the game on 360, unfortunately. If anyone would like to play some sets then feel free to add me, GT: Dance Inferno. At work right now but feel free to toss me an invite if you ever see me online.

Just don't expect much of a challenge, as I am a complete scrub.

So I was bored and messing with Dante/Dormammu/Magneto again using Liberation assist and I just saw the most damage out of anything I've ever done with Dante to date using one instance of 2D1C. Basically:

M - H - Stinger - Volcano - j.S - [Call Dormammu] Million Carats - Volcano xx Beehive - [Backdash] S xx Clay Pigeon (8 shots) x 3 - Stinger - Teleport - Hammer - Volcano xx Beehive xx Million Dollars

840K. My mind is full of fuck. Honestly though, I'm not surprised, getting hit at the tip of 2D1C's eruption just melts health away I swear. :lol

It's the highest damaging assist in the game.

Azure J

I actually prefer slow assists for Dante's mixups because they tend to be more devious. With the right setups, you can get a mixup before the assist hits, then another mixup as the assist hits, which is something I like.

I also get hit by slow mixups more than fast mixups. My twitch reflexes don't react to slow mixups, so I'll get hit by Spencer's overhead more than Magneto's tridash j.L. >_>

I'm wondering how Cold Shots and Rolling Buckler fit into the assist speed equation. As for the latter, I totally know what you mean. It's just so hard to judge what you should block and since I like my pushblock, if the window for it is missed, hello there free counter hits on my current character!

It's the highest damaging assist in the game.

Well damn. I might have to invest in this.

If you want to see 2D1C damage, do this:
1) XF3
2) Launcher
3) Cancel into 2D1C

Make sure you get all of the bits to hit.

Azure J

If you want to see 2D1C damage, do this:
1) XF3
2) Launcher
3) Cancel into 2D1C

Make sure you get all of the bits to hit.

This is exactly what I was referring to!. Made my evening last night playing against my brother doing lightning without buster charged and seeing him fly into the peak of the eruption when I was in XF3 only to evaporate as he put it. :lol

This is exactly what I was referring to!. Made my evening last night playing against my brother doing lightning without buster charged and seeing him fly into the peak of the eruption when I was in XF3 only to evaporate as he put it. :lol
Haha, that's just how it feels. No other move in the game makes you think "Where the hell did his health go?"

smurfx

get some go again
he should have never had it to begin with. that was a case of capcom wanting their fav characters having all the good stuff. kinda like how vergil gets swordoboros and it beats out striders ouroboros.

JeTmAn81

what teams are everybody maining nowadays? i'm still on firebrand/dante/task after stealing everything from that deadpool video and all the evo stuff i saw people do.

Just recently switched out Wesker on my main team for Doom, resulting in Dante/Doom/Strider. I feel like this team grants the most synergy of any Dante/Strider configuration I might want to play, so I am going to do my best to stick with Doom and actually try to get good with him. So far I have a lot of trouble doing his midscreen BnB online, the lag really makes the timing on that tough.

I switched out Wesker for Doom because I feel like the Doctor generally has much better matchups, and because Plasma Beam provides more help in the neutral game (zoning firepower, teleport mixups) than Samurai Edge does. I would like to pick Missiles for the annoyance factor but I just can't see how it would be better for Dante than Beam. Doom/Strider of course is pretty awesome and really makes Doom's keepaway even more annoying because it becomes much more difficult to shoot him down. Still got to watch out for teleporters.

I'm also running Dante on Weasel Shot rather than Jam Session since it grants me some lockdown time for Doom to mix them up and I think Vajra probably provides enough vertical coverage as it is. Doom/Dante can also run a bit of a Doom/Ammy type THC mixup with Dante's Million Dollars lasting a long time. Dante really fits an Ammy type role on this team, though the things he does in that respect aren't nearly as good as what Ammy does.

Anybody have any tips for combo extension with Dante and Plasma Beam? So far the best thing I've come up with is Plasma Beam, Volcano into j.S for the hard knockdown again but the timing is fairly tight for that. Seems like there should be an easier way of working that damage in there.

For my alternate teams, I've got Taskmaster (arrows)/Dante (Jam Session)/Hawkeye(arrows). That team pretty much covers all the angles. Lastly there is Hulk/Deadpool/Doom team which is my goto Hulk configuration. Maybe having Doom on my main team will strengthen this team as well.

Grecco

Weskers Rhino Charge is still neat in DHC fights.

Thats bout it i used to be able to catch people pressing buttons coming in with it but not anymore.

Zissou

Anybody have any tips for combo extension with Dante and Plasma Beam? So far the best thing I've come up with is Plasma Beam, Volcano into j.S for the hard knockdown again but the timing is fairly tight for that. Seems like there should be an easier way of working that damage in there.

You can always do call doom while you OTG them with dante's mash H in the air move (i forget what it's called) and then hit them with hammer while they're getting hit by plasma beam. Your combo extension is probably more damaging but this one is pretty easy to do.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
I swear... Wave dash xx X factor xx Penance Stare for the win is the most gratifying thing in Mahvel... Ever... (even more so against Vergil... Man do I hate a good Vergil)

Darksim

what teams are everybody maining nowadays?

I was a day -4 Vergil/Dante/Sentinel (Because I knew his assist wasn't nerfed, that team is still godlike to this day, though I would probably switch the order to Dante/Vergil)

After the first Big Two I went and began learning the new Zero, so I was running Zero/Dante/Sent for a month. Around that time I began playing The Brotherhood (Vergil/Dante/Magneto) as my alt team and liked anchor Magneto, so I decided that I would ditch drones for disruptah on my main team which I then ran for a long time.

I was about to main Zero/Vergil/Dante, but I really wanted to play Dante, not just as my assist, so I ditched Zero (which wasn't that hard after playing him for almost all of Vanilla and Ultimate, honestly) and am now primarily playing Dante/Vergil/Strider, and sometimes Magneto as well.

One thing I like, is that I know Zero really, really well at this point, and rarely, if ever get hit by his neutral BS. His incoming mixups are still infuriating guesses though.

Dahbomb

he should have never had it to begin with. that was a case of capcom wanting their fav characters having all the good stuff. kinda like how vergil gets swordoboros and it beats out striders ouroboros.
Why shouldn't he have had that? It's his best defense against hard rushdown and it's part of his counter attack/trickster type playstyle that they wanted in the game. This is the type of tool more characters should have, it actually promotes smart play and reads. Nothing stopped derp Dante/Wolverine/Zero play in Vanilla like a well timed Rhino Charge.

The only thing bad about it was that it didn't scale before, now it scales heavily on top of it being basically unusable.

Vergil's Spiral Swords are canon by the way, in fact it's his most signature move. It's like putting in Spider Man but not giving him web based moves. I guess when they removed Vergil's ability to cancel normals into specials on whiff they were playing favorites too.... OH WAI!!!!!111

Why shouldn't he have had that? It's his best defense against hard rushdown and it's part of his counter attack/trickster type playstyle that they wanted in the game. This is the type of tool more characters should have, it actually promotes smart play and reads. Nothing stopped derp Dante/Wolverine/Zero play in Vanilla like a well timed Rhino Charge.
Agreed.

Vergil's Spiral Swords are canon by the way, in fact it's his most signature move. It's like putting in Spider Man but not giving him web based moves. I guess when they removed Vergil's ability to cancel normals into specials on whiff they were playing favorites too.... OH WAI!!!!!111
No one is upset that Vergil has Spiral Swords, just that it's ridiculously good for what it costs. Your response has nothing to do with the concern.

DD-11

what teams are everybody maining nowadays? i'm still on firebrand/dante/task after stealing everything from that deadpool video and all the evo stuff i saw people do.

I'm playing Dorm/Hulk/Doom. I used to have Strange in Dorm's place, and I can't believe how much better is it to have Dorm there.

Except that it eats projectiles and helps a teleporter have an even easier time against zoners. I think at the very least the swords should have a projectile invulnerability of 1 and be negated easily by zoning, this will force Vergil players to be smarter about how they call out the swords.

Except that it eats projectiles and helps a teleporter have an even easier time against zoners. I think at the very least the swords should have a projectile invulnerability of 1 and be negated easily by zoning, this will force Vergil players to be smarter about how they call out the swords.

Your quoting his argument for Rhino Charge BTW.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It would seem my practicing is paying dividends, as I no longer fumble around the screen when I'm playing Morrigan. I am by no means good, but at least I don't suck anymore. :)

Galactus still kicks my ass though. What a dick.

shaowebb

Still sticking to my day 1 UMvC3 team, Hsien-Ko/Phoenix Wright/Amaterasu. I took a bit of a break from the game but every time I turn it on, this is the only team I really want to use. I'm a Hsien-Ko fan, I'm an Okami fan, and I'm an Ace Attorney fan. If I think about trying to make my three favourites work, I do think it should be at least decent. Might be a bit difficult getting Rimoukon/Senpu Bu activated and getting Phoenix Wright in safely from there, but it's something I'm willing to stay with, especially with the news that the game won't be patched anytime soon.

So I'm guessing gold armor, tag out to PW and then try to run Cold Star or Hsien Ko Pendulum assist to keep guys occupied long enough to fish for evidence? Might work actually, but you are gonna run into some pressure experts that'll make your life rough by relentlessly staying on top of you or fishing for your assist calls and then using hyper punishes.

Its kind of odd because once PW gets turnabout i'd tag him out for the assists and for the comeback factor he'd offer later at anchor with lvl 3 xfactor in turnabout stance. Just pure chip out death from evidence calls. Don't know what to go for off his assists with Hsien Ko or Ammy though but they are good. Are you using press the witness, paper, or get em missile?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
what if they lasted about as long as swordoboros?

Still shits all over everything else in the game. Swordoboros takes two meters are you get a shitty version of orbs for that cost. *summon swords is good on its own anyways*

I think some of you need to go back and play mvc1 again or something

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I have too many teams I wouldn't know which one to call my main. Right now I've been working on Combofiend's Nova team, Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye. Out of all of the teams I do play I think it's becoming one of my better ones.

Bizazedo

GG's, Killa. Believe it or not I actually did learn something with my horrid Vergil at the end. He'll be better next time.

Has some potential, that team though, even though all the combos are tighter than my old team.

I just enjoy hearing "Centurion Arts!" so many times.

Dahbomb

If Strider's Orbs were a LVL1 they would be adjusted accordingly.

I have already talked about how Spiral Swords durability needs to be toned down several times in this thread among other changes to Vergil. That's a different argument and more balance related.

GG's, Killa. Believe it or not I actually did learn something with my horrid Vergil at the end. He'll be better next time.

Has some potential, that team though, even though all the combos are tighter than my old team.

I just enjoy hearing "Centurion Arts!" so many times.

Yup, gg's. The Centurion Arts parade into throw reset pegged me so many times, it's so hard to tech, hahaha.

A Vergil-ling is always a threat and I'm expecting yours to get better. His neutral is a little rocky at the start but I'm sure you'll be flowing in no time. I like that you already do the sword loop though, hahaha.

I really think this team will be a lot better for you in the long run. Your welcome mixup with Nova is extra greasy now too.

Been toying around with Point-Eye, I think I like him against Zero, especially if I can get to two bars. Gonna do some mix and match against Zero from now on. See whether they know how to play the matchup against Petey and if they do, get Hawkeye to help. Probably gonna do the same for point Doom's now too, and to a lesser extent, well backed Taskmasters.

Just FYI, if I do a lazy UWT reset (ie not from Hawkeye), Vergil's way out is forward tech jM iirc. That thing has stupid, stupid range. I like that my sting reset was effective since you know how to get out of the lazy ones with both Nova and Zero. Still can't believe the guide advised people to only use it in combos...

Raw tag madness was hilarious btw.

----

I swear, if I get cleaner and stop the drops, I'm sure I'll be able to do some damage at my next major.

You poor bastard.

I know. :(
So I'm guessing gold armor, tag out to PW and then try to run Cold Star or Hsien Ko Pendulum assist to keep guys occupied long enough to fish for evidence? Might work actually, but you are gonna run into some pressure experts that'll make your life rough by relentlessly staying on top of you or fishing for your assist calls and then using hyper punishes.

Its kind of odd because once PW gets turnabout i'd tag him out for the assists and for the comeback factor he'd offer later at anchor with lvl 3 xfactor in turnabout stance. Just pure chip out death from evidence calls. Don't know what to go for off his assists with Hsien Ko or Ammy though but they are good. Are you using press the witness, paper, or get em missile?

Yeah, you pretty much got it! If Hsien-Ko can land a hit into a launcher, I can tiger knee Rimoukon and get PW in safely. From there it's fighting while picking a good time to look for evidence. If Turnabout is achieved, I make PW the anchor while it's Ammy's turn to be protected by Senpu Bu if Hsien-Ko isn't already dead from the abuse.

Of course, before the first patch I was all about Break the Witness because that was just amazing. Post patch...honestly, all 3 of my sets just have a different assist for PW. I use the one with Missile the most because it's nice to have a low hitting OTG assist, but I admit that I need to get the timing down for the OTG because it feels just a bit too slow. Paperwork is pretty okay for protection too I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom