• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Prop Shredder is just much much easier to hitconfirm, IMO. It shouldn't be an issue if you practice it but there isn't any timing involved really with Prop Shredder.

Oh I figured as much. I guess I'm just playing Combo Surgeon too much to think about what it means to beginner BnB around. I'm also slightly feeling myself for having a consistent way of doing 750 ~ 760K off one bar or 550K + an easy reset opportunity. :p

Oh I figured as much. I guess I'm just playing Combo Surgeon too much to think about what it means to beginner BnB around. I'm also slightly feeling myself for having a consistent way of doing 750 ~ 760K off one bar or 550K + an easy reset opportunity. :p

I used to play Dante like you then I realize what the fuck am I doing just combine my Zero team with my Dante team and I solve all my problems.

Since I use Dante anchor now I keep all his shit super basic. Makes my life a lot easier.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Glutenbob: What is Capcom's answer to Injustice God Among Us? NetherRealms is making a strictly DC fighting game, won't Capcom do the same with Marvel?

Svensson: I'm happy for the NetherRealm Studios guys and that game looks like a winner to me. Nice job to Ed and Company.

To answer the original poster a bit more, I'm not sure that we need to have an "answer" per say. We do our things, NR does theirs and Namco does theirs. Our fighting game roadmap will reveal itself in due time and it isn't likely to be directly impacted by the paths selected by our competitors.

Greg: Can we hope to see a Capcom vs. Capcom fighter anytime soon?

Svensson: I wouldn't think any time soon (no plans right now) but I have proposed such a thing in the past.

Straight from Professor Beef's lover's mouth.

Glutenbob: What is Capcom's answer to Injustice God Among Us? NetherRealms is making a strictly DC fighting game, won't Capcom do the same with Marvel?

Svensson: I'm happy for the NetherRealm Studios guys and that game looks like a winner to me. Nice job to Ed and Company.

To answer the original poster a bit more, I'm not sure that we need to have an "answer" per say. We do our things, NR does theirs and Namco does theirs. Our fighting game roadmap will reveal itself in due time and it isn't likely to be directly impacted by the paths selected by our competitors.

Svensson: I wouldn't think any time soon (no plans right now) but I have proposed such a thing in the past.

Are you reading that as a vague confirmation of a Marvel vs. Marvel game?

Edit: My heart skipped a beat when I realized that this could be flipped in an alternate universe. Marvel + NRS, Capcom + DC, and I would be so miserable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you reading that as a vague confirmation of a Marvel vs. Marvel game?

Edit: My heart skipped a beat when I realized that this could be flipped in an alternate universe. Marvel + NRS, Capcom + DC, and I would be so miserable.
I'm reading so much into it that I've already pre-ordered MSH2!

smurfx

get some go again
i want to see a capcom all stars game. better to just name it street fighter vs capcom since that is what its basically going to be. man magneto needs to get the swiss cheese treatment with his stupid standing/crouching L. wolverine and she hulk got it nerfed and so why is magneto one of the ones who gets to keep it?

kirblar

I am much more inclined to believe people have no internet vs having dial up. I have been to rural countries and 3rd world nations... Dial up is dead there too but people who can't afford internet usually don't have a PC anyway.
You'll have to trust us on this one. It exists. The US is huge and getting high-speed available everywhere is not a simple process.

i want to see a capcom all stars game. better to just name it street fighter vs capcom since that is what its basically going to be. man magneto needs to get the swiss cheese treatment with his stupid standing/crouching L. wolverine and she hulk got it nerfed and so why is magneto one of the ones who gets to keep it?
That's a very roster-dependent, combat engine-dependent game for me. On a related note, Lady is going to be in that 3DS RPG - I forget the name. DMC fans rejoice/rage!

I can't even think of any good DC characters I like other than Batman("batman" was my first word as a baby lol).
I can think of a lot of DC characters, but only because DC fans constantly try to convince Marvel fans on GFAQs that a Capcom vs. DC would be just as cool as this game (they are wrong). Also...
I hate Batman.

I'm reading so much into it that I've already pre-ordered MSH2!
Hahaha.

Dahbomb

On a related note, Lady is going to be in that 3DS RPG - I forget the name. DMC fans rejoice/rage!
riEEU.gif

Solune

I think of it as going for guaranteed things. People complain about Cold Shower xx Prop Shredder instead of Volcano > J.MH xx Killer Bee after a Hammer / Helm Breaker. It's lazy but you know it works, where as if you're late or your J.H cancel or something and they pop out it's just as bad. Same thing with the whole Wolverine Day 1 combos.
TBH I can't do shot loops (only in XFactor =p) So I'm not gonna attempt Clay Pigeon xx Stinger unless it's after a Killer Bee hitconfirm.

Azure J

i want to see a capcom all stars game. better to just name it street fighter vs capcom since that is what its basically going to be.

Even though I love MVC, I'm totally down for this as long as the roster is diverse as hell and the game play is up to snuff. I play more Capcom characters than Marvel characters in these games anyway. :p

Also, admittedly, I feel the same way Karst does regarding DC which is very weird to be honest.

[90s Toonami raised kid] The holy grail has and always will be Shonen Jump vs. Capcom. [/90s Toonami raised kid] This is right next to Nintendo VS. Capcom for me. :p

More like a gimped Mugen.

Jedah and Urien under one roof.

He's not even a super hero. There's nothing super about him. He's just a normal hero, like a police officer with more money at his disposal.
Iron Man is borderline not a superhero, but I let it pass because his suit is so fantastical.

Iron Man is my favorite Marvel hero :-(

I hate superpowers in general

Anth0ny

Please be real. Please.

Marvel is bigger than ever right now. Doesn't Capcpom realize they could whore us consumers out with never ending DLC from the Marvel universe?

You are clearly The Penguin.
Lupinko is The Riddler.

Iron Man is my favorite Marvel hero :-(

I hate superpowers in general
I struggle to call Iron Man a hero.

Please be real. Please.

Marvel is bigger than ever right now. Doesn't Capcpom realize they could whore us consumers out with never ending DLC from the Marvel universe?
My only question about a MSH2 is: what do they do with the roster? Do they import the MvC3 cast, which makes the core fighting game community happy because we get a bigger roster, but makes others upset for Capcom "cashing in" on "rehashed" characters? In no way would they decide to do it from scratch, Capcom is way too cheap. If they import all 25 Marvel characters, though, that means they have to at least put 25 more in to make people happy - no one would tolerate more than half of the cast being MvC3 characters rehashed. On the other hand, they probably have to re-do the combat system, because if they didn't then there's no reason not to just make UMvC3X.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Dahbomb

I struggle to call Iron Man a hero.
He's a hero though just one without any obvious super powers. That only makes him better in the eyes of many, he is just a really smart guy in a suit after all.

Same for Batman, only he does it without a powered up suit. It's more endearing that a character with no super powers is able to compete with those with powers through intellect and training.

Oh and my Batman hype right now is through the stratosphere right now.

Anth0ny

My only question about a MSH2 is: what do they do with the roster? Do they import the MvC3 cast, which makes the core fighting game community happy because we get a bigger roster, but makes others upset for Capcom "cashing in" on "rehashed" characters? In no way would they decide to do it from scratch, Capcom is way too cheap. If they import all 25 Marvel characters, though, that means they have to at least put 25 more in to make people happy - no one would tolerate more than half of the cast being MvC3 characters rehashed. On the other hand, they probably have to re-do the combat system, because if they didn't then there's no reason not to just make UMvC3X.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Yeah, combat system would definitely have to be redone. Probably not 3 v 3, at the very least.

The entire "Vs. series" from X-Men COTA to Marvel 2 was technically "rehashed characters". People will bitch no matter what, but really, it's not a big deal.

I'd expect all 25 Marvel characters, and more. More X-Men. Spiderman villains. Cosmic Marvel characters. The Marvel universe is fucking massive, this shouldn't be a problem as long as Marvel isn't stubborn about it.

Marz

You guys clamoring for more fighting games? Maybe in the future but I think Capcom has enough fighters on the market currently.

I think in a couple years would be the perfect time to drop MSH2 and Darkstalkers 4 though.

Obviously what we have learn from both Batman and Iron Man is... to be a super hero you gotta have some MONEY!

You guys clamoring for more fighting games? Maybe in the future but I think Capcom has enough fighters on the market currently.

I think in a couple years would be the perfect time to drop MSH2 and Darkstalkers 4 though.

You must not have been around for the dark ages....

WE CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY! Especially after the shit hey put us through.

He's a hero though just one without any obvious super powers. That only makes him better in the eyes of many, he is just a really smart guy in a suit after all.

Same for Batman, only he does it without a powered up suit. It's more endearing that a character with no super powers is able to compete with those with powers through intellect and training.

Oh and my Batman hype right now is through the stratosphere right now.
I said I struggle to call him a hero. He's clearly not a superhero, nor is Batman.

Yeah, combat system would definitely have to be redone. Probably not 3 v 3, at the very least.

The entire "Vs. series" from X-Men COTA to Marvel 2 was technically "rehashed characters". People will bitch no matter what, but really, it's not a big deal.

I'd expect all 25 Marvel characters, and more. More X-Men. Spiderman villains. Cosmic Marvel characters. The Marvel universe is fucking massive, this shouldn't be a problem as long as Marvel isn't stubborn about it.
Marvel will be stubborn about it, though. For Ultimate, Capcom just got a list of 6 - no negotiations, apparently. If we get a MSH2, just look at Marvel movies for the next 2 years to figure out the exact roster.

If it's not 3v3, then things get sticky. How do you rebalance, say, Phoenix for 1v1 or 2v2? If you have to rework movesets entirely, how much work does that take?

He means the whole "being a dick that kills innocent people and an alcoholic that beats his girlfriends" thing.
Yup yup.

Hey... Batman isn't the most ideal person either. When it comes to the greater good ie saving the city/world they get the job done.
Isn't protecting civil liberties a "greater good"?

Thanks for the golden nuggets of wisdom.

I like Batman but hate Nolan's Batman.

Come at me fanboys.

Already know the ending to DKR.

Annoys me to no end. At least the Avengers just went with the heroes always win trope through some miraculous event.

Dahbomb

Come at me fanboys.

Annoys me to no end. At least the Avengers just went with the heroes always win trope through some miraculous event.
There are no words for this blasphemy.

1468833_o.gif

Can't really argue with the ending comment because I don't know the ending as I have gone media blackout with TKDR. When I see the movie I will come back with the appropriate and expected "TDKR > TDK + BB > Avengers > TAS" comment.

smurfx

get some go again
gg's sixfortyfive. i shouldn't even bother trying to tech felicias throws because i never can even if i know they are coming. ugh not gonna lie i'm kinda salty right now since i screwed so much stuff up. at least i know how to fight felicia a little better than before. hawk and task mirror is such a momentum based match. pretty much whoever gets the first shots can keep the other guy in check. pretty interesting matches. man if you miss an airthrow with hawkeye you are pretty much screwed since the move that comes out has a ton of recovery.

gg's sixfortyfive. i shouldn't even bother trying to tech felicias throws because i never can even if i know they are coming. ugh not gonna lie i'm kinda salty right now since i screwed so much stuff up. at least i know how to fight felicia a little better than before. hawk and task mirror is such a momentum based match. pretty much whoever gets the first shots can keep the other guy in check. pretty interesting matches. man if you miss an airthrow with hawkeye you are pretty much screwed since the move that comes out has a ton of recovery.
Can't Felicia do f.H, hcb.L to make the teched throw guaranteed? I know Sentinel can do this - it's pretty much impossible to get out of his throws even if you tech if your opponent is good.

Come at me fanboys.

The first movie was uninteresting, but the second was okay. It would be good (not great) if
the hostages and the prisoners on the boats blew each other up
, because that's human nature baby.

Dahbomb

First half of Batman Begins is the best act in any super hero movie ever made. The atmosphere, the pacing, the dialogue, the characterization, the visuals, the music, the thematic element of fear... it was perfection.

Tirael

You'll have to trust us on this one. It exists. The US is huge and getting high-speed available everywhere is not a simple process.

So when it comes to high-speed, there are two main choices. Cable, which if you don't ALREADY have a cable run to your house, you can be damn sure the county isn't going to pay for it to be done. And DSL, which you have to live within three or so miles of a DSL station. If you don't have one of these options, it's either dial-up, or even that may not be possible. But it's probably better this way, I'd probably get in trouble if I had high-speed.

Also I would TOTALLY be up for a Street Fighter vs. Capcom game, in the style of MvC. (SFvCC is the most likely candidate for something like that.) As long as it has X and Gene, of course.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Can't Felicia do f.H, hcb.L to make the teched throw guaranteed? I know Sentinel can do this - it's pretty much impossible to get out of his throws even if you tech if your opponent is good.
That's an interesting idea but nobody goes for her front ground throw in the first place because it's the only one she can't combo from easily.

smurfx

get some go again
Batman Begins was so fucking boring. Dark Knight was way better, but it wasn't the second coming of Jesus like everyone was hyping it up to be.
i refuse to ever watch batman begins again. i had a TERRIBLE experience watching it at the movies and it just killed that movie for me.

That's an interesting idea but nobody goes for her front ground throw in the first place because it's the only one she can't combo from easily.
I imagine it works with the back throw, too, if that's easier. It's just the general idea that after people tech throws, they usually land and go defensive, so the command throw scoops them up quick.

i refuse to ever watch batman begins again. i had a TERRIBLE experience watching it at the movies and it just killed that movie for me.
I wonder if people are confusing how great The Joker was in TDK with how good the movies in general have been.

TDK is an overrated movie due to Heath Ledger who did a fantastic job. I couldn't even watch it due to the horrendous acting from Batman and how Batman was nonessential to the movie and would of been BETTER with no Batman.

BB was better in my book than TDK.

And my knowledge of human nature knows that the ending is stupid after I heard about it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think I've ever heard of Iron Man hitting a girlfriend. Hank Pym did that on one occasion and that gets referenced over and over again even though it happened decades ago, so I think I would have seen it mentioned.

Dahbomb

I have seen Batman Begins and TDK at least 20 times each. BB has more "replay value" in that you appreciate it more as watch it more where as TDK has a some what opposite effect, the shock value of seeing it first is crazy but once you get over the twists and know what's coming it doesn't have the same effect. BB just suffers from a weak 2nd half but TDK has pacing issues all around.

I am going to be watching the trilogy leading up to the midnight release all on the big screen. Because that's how much I love the trilogy (yes I love TDKR before even watching it). Both BB and TDK have been amazing experiences in terms of providing quality scenes, iconic lines and interpretation of the Batman universe. I am one of those people who you might see in real life and if some talk about Batman or the movies come up I will start spewing random Batman lines "Training is nothing... will is everything!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom