• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like links from SFIV. I thought that SFxTekken had chain combos at first which got removed later on after the EVO showing. I remember people complaining about the change a lot.
It has nothing to do with links. They're chains just like Marvel, but each time you make contact there's a freeze like in monster hunter that you have to wait to finish before the game recognizes the next move. So it's like tap, tap, tap.

Anth0ny

I don't get why Black Widow isn't in Marvel.

I thought Marvel was trying to tie in the game with all the upcoming projects as much as possible. Not that I wanted Black Widow, but that doesn't really make sense to me.

tl;dr I want fucking Gambit and Venom

There's already one of the main characters of the upcoming Avengers movie in Ultimate's roster (Hawkeye), and he's MUCH MUCH more popular than Black Widow. In fact, Hawkeye scored rank 10 for the most popular Marvel characters poll at some huge comic site.

Aside from that, Black Widow's playstyle would be very similar to Jill's.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Going to fullscreen it. I think I'll save all the little stuff for events. Or not. Who knows. We'll see how it looks.

Oh, I'm going to get it going earlier. Not the usual 10 PM or so.

rexor0717

I thought Marvel was trying to tie in the game with all the upcoming projects as much as possible. Not that I wanted Black Widow, but that doesn't really make sense to me.

Could have replaced X-23 with her. Then you could have Jill/Black Widow.

ReiGun

Better yet, Black Widow could have been the Marvel DLC, Jill could have not been in the game, and we could have gotten a cool Capcom character. Like one of those Darkstalkers you kids are so nutso about or some shit. Idk.

Better yet, Black Widow could have been the Marvel DLC, Jill could have not been in the game, and we could have gotten a cool Capcom character. Like one of those Darkstalkers you kids are so nutso about or some shit. Idk.

BLACK WIDOW AND GENE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

WHY IS CAPCOM SO GOD DAMNED STUPID

Grecco

Jill/Black Widow would play very similiar. Unless they would have given us MVC2 Jill.

Tldr theres better females from the Marvel universe to pick, Cough Rouge, Sonbird, Ms Marvel Cough

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jill/Black Widow would play very similiar. Unless they would have given us MVC2 Jill.

Tldr theres better females from the Marvel universe to pick, Cough Rouge, Sonbird, Ms Marvel Cough

Ever since Frank West don't play like TVC, so there is a hope that we are getting Regina. Suck that Niitsuma already working on new project. :(

It has nothing to do with links. They're chains just like Marvel, but each time you make contact there's a freeze like in monster hunter that you have to wait to finish before the game recognizes the next move. So it's like tap, tap, tap.
Sounds stupid.

Marvel forgot that women exist.

Yeah. Ono can stay away from Darkstalkers.

Oh, Marvel editorial outside of the current X editor and SM editor is stupid.

SM editor is responsible for the gems of DD, ASM, Scarlet Spider, Venom and letting those writers do what they want with there books.

Same for X editor. He knows what x readers want and the writers are all doing a great job.

Instead we get Shuma

iXfMQ.jpg

Gene is too punchy, and does not have enough chi-manliness-shenanigans. Wright's inclusion > Gene's. Even if Wright sucks.

Wright needs 2 bitches to do his work for him because hes not manly enough. Plus he's always sneezing. Unhygienic sick bastard should take some nyquil and go back to AA.

I'm glad that Black Widow didn't make it anyway. We barely have space for more gun toting "bad ass" styled characters anyway. There are way cooler Marvel females to choose from.
It's like Darkstalkers with Down's Syndrome.
Eww...
Ono would be on Sudoku watch if Niitsuma got the Darkstalkers account.
I would be optimistic about this tbh. His team might get more out of their time/budget with Darkstalkers' smaller cast and without Marvel's stupid demands. I don't see a place for DS anymore when you look at Capcom's next two years or so though. They still have one more update for Mahvel left(it WILL happen because they are gonna have to milk something) and Street Fighter IV is becoming really stale.

Ono can go play with his gems in the corner.
Gene is too punchy, and does not have enough chi-manliness-shenanigans. Wright's inclusion > Gene's. Even if Wright sucks.
This had better be a goddamn joke.
Squirrel Girl..... would be funny as hell. Makoto from BB with squirrel summons.

...Sorry. Have way too much fun with troll chars.
I was especially looking forward to her communication with Squirrels where she actually sounds like one. It's like something straight out of Darkstalkers and it would've been hilarious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dat amazing hulk not in the first frame beside hawkeye, but suddenly appears near the last frames, lol.
A lot of people complained about this in OT too, I don't get it, the angle makes it feasible for Hulk to be cut out in the first frame.

This had better be a goddamn joke.
Phoenix Wright > Many of the other inclusions too. I don't care if he sucks, he's super unique. And awesome. Fans begged for PW forever, and Capgod delivered.

Gene would be cool if they did his roulette wheel right as a super. Just not as cool as mothaphukkin' Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.

A lot of people complained about this in OT too, I don't get it, the angle makes it feasible for Hulk to be cut out in the first frame.

Phoenix Wright > Many of the other inclusions too. I don't care if he sucks, he's super unique. And awesome. Fans begged for PW forever, and Capgod delivered.

Gene would be cool if they did his roulette wheel right as a super. Just not as cool as mothaphukkin' Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.

The only cool thing about Wright is the reception he received upon getting into the game.

I would be optimistic about this tbh. His team might get more out of their time/budget with Darkstalkers' smaller cast and without Marvel's stupid demands. I don't see a place for DS anymore when you look at Capcom's next two years or so though. They still have one more update for Mahvel left(it WILL happen because they are gonna have to milk something) and Street Fighter IV is becoming really stale.

Sven said he'd be ready to talk about Darkstalkers by around this summer last EVO.

smurfx

get some go again
omg i feel ashamed for not adding sharp sting to my arsenal!!!!! i added it today and holy crap did it ever make a difference and made everything i did pretty much safe. not only that i can relaunch thanks to haggar and zero's assist so i can fish all day and when i hit its about 600k damage. i'm also starting to throw as much as i can now. taskmasters throw range is god like.

Azure J

Been playing again recently. Thread title is apt. Fuck Zero. And Wesker. That is all.

1. Pick Morrigan
2. Shut them down with SOU SOU SOU SOU (backed by a good lockdown assist, i.e. Heeden Meesyles)
3. ???
4. Profit from the saltiness. :p

That Dante combo was posted before, but hot damn all the same. Simplifying his inputs could have made this character a BITCH if they didn't change all the properties on his specials and the engine wide hitstun tweak.

Frantic

That Dante combo was posted before, but hot damn all the same. Simplifying his inputs could have made this character a BITCH if they didn't change all the properties on his specials and the engine wide hitstun tweak.
I sometimes imagine what would have happened if they took all of Dante's Ultimate buffs and slapped them on vanilla Dante. He'd be so broken.

Also, Azure, you'll probably like the first combo I did in my second little test video.

Dartastic said:
...nawwwwww.... When I get hit once by Zero that ends in a dead character, I can aptly say FUCK that.

P.S. I run Ammy, Nova, Strider.
It's not like those characters are really known for their health. Just saying.

Solune

i agree on the fuck wesker part but leave zero alone!

Nah fuck Zero. Look at this shit www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD3nwGz7qX0. That's equal if not WORSE than Wesker + Vajra.
I sometimes imagine what would have happened if they took all of Dante's Ultimate buffs and slapped them on vanilla Dante. He'd be so broken.

Also, Azure, you'll probably like the first combo I did in my second little test video.

Swag. +2 for that Chun-li combo.

Azure J

Sanford_nodding_behind_players_at_Final_Round.gif

Yup. Azure approved. :D

Frantic

Swag. +2 for that Chun-li combo.
I was pretty amazed by how much damage she could do with the right setups. Weasel Shot was the first assist a tried, and it was one of the best.

Sanford_nodding_behind_players_at_Final_Round.gif

Yup. Azure approved. :D
I probably could have gotten like 50k more damage with the combo, but I was lazy. 400k extra is pretty crazy, still.

almost all huge damage zero combo videos are using dante's jam session. yeah zero is made of b.s but you can't use specific assists and then call b.s on a character.
Zero doesn't need no damned assists to kill people.
And he can use Doom missiles to setup Jam Session like combos too.

smurfx

get some go again
udon taskmaster is finally mine and he is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! troll zero megaman is good but its nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom