• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
almost all huge damage zero combo videos are using dante's jam session. yeah zero is made of b.s but you can't use specific assists and then call b.s on a character.

Oh come on now. Wolverine works best with Akuma and is a b.s. character.

And Zero on his own is more b.s. than both combined!

smurfx

get some go again
I'm still shocked more people don't use Zero.

Related note, I regret nothing.
i'm happy to say i'm the only zero/task/haggar user and i regret nothing!

g4eb6.gif

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah, but, I dunno why you use Zero. Has always mystified me.
his assist is the only reason i used him. i'm only now trying to take advantage of his bullshit. task and haggar are definitely the fav's on my team. lets get things straight here its not like i'm a master with task or haggar as they are very much work in progress.

Tobe

Ill get the costumes when i get home, :( magnus. Before i left i called ms and they refunded my points. Hey biz ill tell you when ill get to philly once i get to VA.

Bizazedo

Sounds good. Got the room booked and everything even though I'm within driving range so I can casual it up.

By the way, make sure you get some snacks or something. The hotel is not cheap, food wise.

Well, it's not cheap period.

kewlmyc

Get my arcade stick in soon, so I'm super exited. Also I'm currently running Doom/Hulk/Felicia team that is surprisingly decent. Too bad the player behind the controller isn't. :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Sounds good. Got the room booked and everything even though I'm within driving range so I can casual it up.

By the way, make sure you get some snacks or something. The hotel is not cheap, food wise.

Well, it's not cheap period.

True to that. There are plenty of decent spots to get food. Might have to catch the train to get to center city though.

ASM trailer has me HYPED to bahdy more people with Peter <3 Hype is slowly rising considered I didn't know what to expect.

Too bad this is definitely my longest work/school day of the week T_T

Dahbomb

Chrisis has been on there for like an hour and i'm going to steal all of his shit
For you to steal his shit you have to accept that Viper is godly S tier.

Spider Man trailer was nice.

Dante combo: I don't know what I am more disgusted at. The fact that 50 second long combo did only 620K meterless damage or that it's the only combo to my knowledge that has broken 3 bars.

Anyway Dante has supplanted himself once again as the combo god of the game. SSS indeed.

mr. puppy

Banned
For you to steal his shit you have to accept that Viper is godly S tier.

Spider Man trailer was nice.

Dante combo: I don't know what I am more disgusted at. The fact that 50 second long combo did only 620K meterless damage or that it's the only combo to my knowledge that has broken 3 bars.

Anyway Dante has supplanted himself once again as the combo god of the game. SSS indeed.

i'm too busy stealing all of the vergil/doom shit from that frosty tourney you mentioned.

Grecco

I feel we should talk more about the Avengers movie and post more gifs of an amazing thing it will be. Kree/Skrulls? Enchantres? Loki? Hulk sure. Lets get with it.

To steal Chrisis's tech, you must do the following.

Accept Viper is god tier.
Accept Firebrand is god tier.
Accept Strider is borderline god tier.
Accept Zero is god tier.

All those must be accepted.

Yeah, the lightning loop is probably the hardest thing he has.. and while not necessary, it does elevate Zero that much more for those that learn it. There are lazy ways to play him too, but some people aren't content with it if they can't do the combos they want to

Frantic

That combo would have done like 900k+ damage if this were vanilla... I get why they nerfed his damage scaling so much, but come on. That combo is like twice as hard as Zero's 1 million assisted combos. Can't I at least hit 700k? :(

I never use high execution characters and for someone to say a character I use has an execution barrier is...odd to me.
Yeah, Zero really doesn't have that much of an execution barrier. The only thing really hard about him are the lightning loops, and even those aren't impossible or anything.

LakeEarth

anyone got tips for fighting trish?

all they do is superjump and spam the trap incessantly

It's one of those things where you gotta have a plan with your team going in. How to deal with upper-corner characters like Trish, Chris, and to a lesser extend Wesker and Hawkeye. If you have Hawkeye, it's a breeze, just zone right back. If I only have Doom left I usually have a terrible time doing anything.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I guess. I mean, stuff like the lightning loop maybe, but it's not like it's even necessary.

I never use high execution characters and for someone to say a character I use has an execution barrier is...odd to me.

Piano-ing the buttons for buster is weird and foreign to me.

I like Zero, I think he's a cool character. I always wanted to play him in Vanilla but the buster thing always kept me away from him.

Azure J

How did I not realize the duration of that combo, holy fuck. :lol

To steal Chrisis's tech, you must do the following.

Accept Viper is god tier.
Accept Firebrand is god tier.
Accept Strider is borderline god tier.
Accept Zero is god tier.

All those must be accepted.

Strider is borderline?

That combo would have done like 900k+ damage if this were vanilla... I get why they nerfed his damage scaling so much, but come on. That combo is like twice as hard as Zero's 1 million assisted combos. Can't I at least hit 700k? :(

Yeah, Zero really doesn't have that much of an execution barrier. The only thing really hard about him are the lightning loops, and even those aren't impossible or anything.

On Dante: Yeah, there are times when I feel like he should get just a bit more damage off of things given how much he has to put into one string to get it. The hitstun change also backs that feeling up at times because it's like a never ending battle to get up there and you never feel confident hitting some flashy shit because of fear of character's popping out and LMHS-MMHS/relaunch/X-Factor - dead ass Dante. At the same time though, I understand the changes and wouldn't complain for a fix because even like this, he's still a dominant force and bringing him anywhere near Vanilla levels with all the stuff changed on his execution side would be akin to the developers saying "Just pick Dante, it doesn't get better than this."

As for Zero, lightning loops are his hardest thing to learn. Everything else is just pure fundamentals (if your good at movement, have good reactions, and play the mixup game, he's dominant, no if, ands, or buts).

I like Zero, I think he's a cool character. I always wanted to play him in Vanilla but the buster thing always kept me away from him.

Play moar Megamanz. :p

This response also made me want to do another X moveset, should I Mahvel GAF? This character would be better than Zero no matter how you look at it.

Frantic

anyone got tips for fighting trish?

all they do is superjump and spam the trap incessantly
You play Taskmaster and Strider, right? Try Taskmaster's up arrows while calling Strider out. Should at least get Trish on the ground where you can start pressuring her.

Strider is borderline?
Strider is godlike. Point, second, anchor - he's good in all spots. Orbs are crazy good, Vajra is up there as one of the best assists, and he has some of the best, and fastest sword normals in the game. Not to mention XF3 Strider is some Dark Phoenix levels of broken. I mean, just ask Biz what it feels like to fight XF3 Strider. :)

At the same time though, I understand the changes and wouldn't complain for a fix because even like this, he's still a dominant force
I don't mind the changes, really. I just wish they had done the same to Zero and Viper. :p

"Just pick Dante, it doesn't get better than this."
So basically... Ultimate Zero? ;P

Grecco

Start by just holding down L and work from there. Most of his combos asside from Lightning loops dont use L anyways.

smurfx

get some go again
You play Taskmaster and Strider, right? Try Taskmaster's up arrows while calling Strider out. Should at least get Trish on the ground where you can start pressuring her.
tasks up arrows don't reach her. you have to time her jumps and shoot arrows at her in the air.

Sven said he'd be ready to talk about Darkstalkers by around this summer last EVO.
"Ready to talk" is good I guess. Hopefully any possible plans are set in motion after the Wii U and 720 drop. I'd literally jizz in my pants if the characters looked as detailed as the models in the UMvC3 intro. :3

Start by just holding down L and work from there. Most of his combos asside from Lightning loops dont use L anyways.

Yeah but that can still be weird as hell once assists are involved. Vergil's combo into Doom missiles OTG -> round trip is horrible for the same reason. At some point, one finger is holding L and you have to press H + A2 at the same time. Just feels weird to me.

Solune

Yeah but that can still be weird as hell once assists are involved. Vergil's combo into Doom missiles OTG -> round trip is horrible for the same reason. At some point, one finger is holding L and you have to press H + A2 at the same time. Just feels weird to me.

Round Trip charge is REALLY fucked when you're trying to do the "glitch" to keep the charge, especially when you're playing pad. Release L, Slide to M, Slide back to L, because at some point your combo is going to involve H, it gets realllly ugly fast.

---

BTW You still running Chris, Zero, Dante?

Just bought this game.

... I have no idea what I'm doing, even after reading those guides.
You'll feel this way for the next three months or so even if you improve at a fast pace. I recommend that you find some nice stress relievers while you play this game too.

*Frantic
*Tobe
*Smurf

Let me know if you guys are ever up for FT20s. I bought the game so I could play with the guys who gave me a run for my money and Ultimate has been feeling like a big waste of money for the last two weeks or so. Seriously, this game feels like ass without regulars. I ain't touching randoms with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom