• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

im surprise more people dont use Mega man X in this game...

uParn.png

Round Trip charge is REALLY fucked when you're trying to do the "glitch" to keep the charge, especially when you're playing pad. Release L, Slide to M, Slide back to L, because at some point your combo is going to involve H, it gets realllly ugly fast.

---

BTW You still running Chris, Zero, Dante?

I couldn't agree more. Although I don't play on pad, I don't have huge hands either and some of the button combinations while holding L are awkward.. no way around it without having a whole other control scheme

Strider/Vergil/Mag

Mag/Vergil/Doom

Ironfist/Hawkeye/Akuma

Wesker/Vergil/Mag..

...lots of variety here. I was playing Zero/Vergil/Mag for a bit as well but I found it too troublesome online. Still an offline team though.

Honestly, between work, school, and a baking project I've got going on (along with wedding planning), I haven't had the time I'd like to invest in this game, so I've just been sticking with what I know.

Frantic

This game doesn't make any sense. I can't tell left from right. Apparently Darkstalkers Hsien would be broken in this game.

wtf
Of course this game doesn't make any sense! It's MAHVEL BABY! You gotta just roll with it! :p

And haven't you and Azure been saying VS Hsien would be godlike? :p

Fuck you and your godly Strider <3
LOL. I've been putting in some serious work with the little bugger. I used to be really fraudulent with him, but I resolved to become better with him, and now I'd say I'm one of the few non-fraudulent Striders around(though I do get a little too autopilot sometimes). He can get a little crazy though. Sometimes my brain can't keep up with his speed.

Now if only my Iron-Man wasn't so fraudulent...

GGs Beef!

I think your move to Doom was a good one. You just need to work on him.

GGs to you, too. I have no idea how to airdash after a connected Jump S.
KuGsj.gif
Those TACs were me trying! As for the switch to Strange, I actually had practiced with him more, but I couldn't get any Impact Palm loops or correct goddamn teleports going.

LOL. I've been putting in some serious work with the little bugger. I used to be really fraudulent with him, but I resolved to become better with him, and now I'd say I'm one of the few non-fraudulent Striders around(though I do get a little too autopilot sometimes). He can get a little crazy though. Sometimes my brain can't keep up with his speed.

Now if only my Iron-Man wasn't so fraudulent...

Haha, hearing you say that makes me want a rematch with you just to see XD Unfortunately this week is a little busy >_>

And i though TvC zero was bs. Yo fuck this character

This Zero is pretty ridiculous, but I never want to see anything like TvC Zero ever again.

Ever ever ever. Auto-lose if you are are in the corner and he has two bars :lol

Respect for the FZero X track in that vid

This fucking character... :lol

It is still mind boggling how of all the Capcom characters that could turn out this good, Zero took the stage like no other.

I'm pretty sure I remember people (granted, not EVERYONE) calling him bad before since he didn't have his old 2A from TvC (which was something dumb like two frames) and he was floatier in MvC3.

Frantic

This fucking character... :lol

It is still mind boggling how of all the Capcom characters that could turn out this good, Zero took the stage like no other.
Neo_G might love his DMC characters, but apparently the entire team is a fan of Zero and have been since TvC. :p

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm pretty sure Zero has been good in every game he's been in, including Onimusha Blade Warriors. That said, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when it came to TvC and definitely don't now, with Buster Canceling.

Random Dante question. Is there a follow up for a mid-screen Jam Session, while the opposing character is at super jump height? What about normal height? This isn't for the assist version, but the actual move from Dante while he's on the field.

I'm pretty sure Zero has been good in every game he's been in, including Onimusha Blade Warriors.

Let's see...
SvC Chaos: S tier
Onimusha: Hell if I know *shrugs*
TvC UAS: S tier
MvC3: S or A tier
UMvC3: Definitely S tier.

If we count every game he's been in then there's him being undoubtedly the best live metal in the ZX series, and I have no idea if his cards are useful in SvC card games.

...Yeah, Capcom definitely loves Zero.

Frantic

Random Dante question. Is there a follow up for a mid-screen Jam Session, while the opposing character is at super jump height? What about normal height? This isn't for the assist version, but the actual move from Dante while he's on the field.
At super jump height, you can XF cancel it and follow up, but otherwise no. At normal height, the only way is if you Devil Trigger or XF cancel.

Azure J

Let's see...

If we count every game he's been in then there's him being undoubtedly the best live metal in the ZX series, and I have no idea if his cards are useful in SvC card games.

Well damn, seems like he has history with this shit. :lol

Also fuck ZX. I'm still salty that in a series about past legacies inherited by new heroes, X still gets shafted as a primary and instead becomes a building block to create yet another Zero type of character. :p [/MMhead]

Tell me about it -.-

Of all things why did Model X have to be a secret unlock for beating the game? :/
...Well, ok, I do remember it being kinda overpowered so there's that.

Let's see...

He was S tier in vanilla. Smart folks kept that bracket open at ten slots, some other folks only had five slots, but they were wrong.

Azure J

He was S tier in vanilla. Smart folks kept that bracket open at ten slots, some other folks only had five slots, but they were wrong.

He was up there in my personal list from a while back but I never really saw people talking about it until Flocker cleaned up at Season's Beatings and we had that Marvel GAF discussion on admitting three more into Valhalla tier. (Zero, Viper & Spencer) Now if only everyone else was balanced around the upper echelon. This game/the MvC3 series is great because it has a high number of characters in so many archetypes that shine. I just wish if they'd go further with the crazy sometimes and make everyone awesome. Balance around the lower god tier instead of cherry picking with a hurt/heal style of balancing.

That was a fun discussion though. I always like talking about things like this, even if I can't perform at the level that would make observations like that matter to myself. Isn't it strange?

Solune

I couldn't agree more. Although I don't play on pad, I don't have huge hands either and some of the button combinations while holding L are awkward.. no way around it without having a whole other control scheme

Strider/Vergil/Mag

Mag/Vergil/Doom

Ironfist/Hawkeye/Akuma

Wesker/Vergil/Mag..

...lots of variety here. I was playing Zero/Vergil/Mag for a bit as well but I found it too troublesome online. Still an offline team though.

Honestly, between work, school, and a baking project I've got going on (along with wedding planning), I haven't had the time I'd like to invest in this game, so I've just been sticking with what I know.

You dropped Chris and Dante altogether! =(
Like me...
But I'm trying to fit Dante into a team that's not Spencer/Doom and I just can't seem to do it. Not sure who to put him on point with. In all honesty though it's my failure to learn a new character that's stopping me. Want to give too many characters a try

Well damn, seems like he has history with this shit. :lol

Also fuck ZX. I'm still salty that in a series about past legacies inherited by new heroes, X still gets shafted as a primary and instead becomes a building block to create yet another Zero type of character. :p [/MMhead]

Problem is Inafune always wanted to dump "Megaman" and have Zero replace him, MMZ allowed him to do that and tbh, the story makes me salty.

Azure J

LOL. On the break, they're playing the Ikaruga boss music whenever Morrigan Astral Vision is activated.

Oh dammit, I knew there was a stream I was supposed to be watching. Also, godlike music pick. I would have gone for some Gradius after Fl0e's stream last night. That or some Sin & Punishment.

Azure J

LOL @ MarlinPie getting some flashy ass Dante shit (hard as fuck to do) then dropping the easy part.

Marlin's execution makes every character look broken, holy fuck. Meanwhile, Tron... :(

Azure J

I'm now oddly compelled to fuck around with a Dante/Ammy/Morrigan side team now watching bits and pieces of the stuff on the break.

shaowebb

I wonder how much salt you could generate from a Morrigan/Doom/Phoenix team? Sure it doesn't have Akuma to cut off the ground or to lock down folks to reposition but Jean has a decent assist or two to throw into that meter building bullet hell.

Any DP players here care to comment?

He was up there in my personal list from a while back but I never really saw people talking about it until Flocker cleaned up at Season's Beatings and we had that Marvel GAF discussion on admitting three more into Valhalla tier. (Zero, Viper & Spencer) Now if only everyone else was balanced around the upper echelon. This game/the MvC3 series is great because it has a high number of characters in so many archetypes that shine. I just wish if they'd go further with the crazy sometimes and make everyone awesome. Balance around the lower god tier instead of cherry picking with a hurt/heal style of balancing.

That was a fun discussion though. I always like talking about things like this, even if I can't perform at the level that would make observations like that matter to myself. Isn't it strange?
But they did that already...

SmokeMaxX

I wonder how much salt you could generate from a Morrigan/Doom/Phoenix team? Sure it doesn't have Akuma to cut off the ground or to lock down folks to reposition but Jean has a decent assist or two to throw into that meter building bullet hell.

Any DP players here care to comment?

Then Morrigan wouldn't be able to use Astral Vision and you'd have to put Doom on point to make use of Morrigan's meter building assists...

Then Morrigan wouldn't be able to use Astral Vision and you'd have to put Doom on point to make use of Morrigan's meter building assists...

She can build meter while using Astral Vision, and Morrigan without Astral Vision is still very tough to beat. Truth be told I am not sure why nobody has tried that yet, it sounds like a very good team on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom