• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

pHJ8R.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

HAHAHA Beef I think this one is for you.
and another

caHv7.jpg

#dead :lol

Tirael

Oh my God, these are hilarious. I especially love the "Pick My Brother" one.

Re: Anti-Rapid Slash tech. How do you plink a pushblock? I see the inputs, but could someone explain it in layman's terms?

Azure J

Oh my God, these are hilarious. I especially love the "Pick My Brother" one.

Re: Anti-Rapid Slash tech. How do you plink a pushblock? I see the inputs, but could someone explain it in layman's terms?

Really, from testing it out in training mode a few times, it feels like you don't need to plink it to have it work. It's easier though if you plink it though since you can delay the push block off the Stinger and do it as it makes it harder for the Vergil player to anticipate it.

The plink input is L+M then piano (i.e. don't push at the same time but rather in sequence within the window of the L+M press) to H.

hypernima

Banned
I wanna learn some Dr Strange game play.

But more importantly I'm looking for a character that I like with good assists

I already use Tron/Nova/Hulk but I'm thinking of dropping Hulk

What are some characters with really great assists in this game who arent Frank West?

I wanna learn some Dr Strange game play.

But more importantly I'm looking for a character that I like with good assists

I already use Tron/Nova/Hulk but I'm thinking of dropping Hulk

What are some characters with really great assists in this game who arent Frank West?
Dr. Strange is pretty tough to learn. Basically, you want to save X-Factor for him for Spell of Vishanti into a kill loop, and you want to play a very slow game with him. He absolutely needs assists to survive unless he has access to X-Factor. I would start just by getting used to all of his projectiles, and ignoring the Graces of Hoggoth moves (but not Flame of the Faltine, it's a good projectile). I think you could anchor him on that team and do reasonably well.

Edit: Oh yeah, and my #1 rule for Dr. Strange is this: if my opponent ever superjumps, I teleport immediately. If my opponent jumps and is within a half-screen, I teleport immediately. Dr. Strange is pretty much guaranteed to die if you ever stick around at close range against someone. The poor man doesn't even have a universally safe blockstring. So keeping him away and zoning until you're about to cross-up with a teleport + Eye of Agamotto, assist, or Flame of the Faltine is essential.

Great assists are:
1) Any beam or multi-shot assist (arrows, Sentinel Force, etc.)
2) Good anti-airs like Hidden Missiles, Jam Session, and Mystic Ray
3) Moves that force your opponent to respect the space around you, like Tatsu, Double Lariat, and Repulsor Blast.

Actually, if I can toot my own horn for a moment, I recommend you just read this through:
http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra

Grecco

USA vs World? thats pretty freaking tough.

USA

Justin
Combo
FChamp
Chris G
Marlinpie

World

Kusuro
Chou
Frutsi
Zak Bennet
Mame Spider or Abegen (that crowd favorite pick)

Azure J

USA vs World? thats pretty freaking tough.

USA

Justin
Combo
FChamp
Chris G
Marlinpie

World

Kusuro
Chou
Frutsi
Zak Bennet
Mame Spider or Abegen (that crowd favorite pick)

I like this even if I feel like Yipes should be there somewhere in the USA group.

hypernima

Banned
I think I'll start with really simple strange stuff, I don't think I'll be doing the loop you did yesterday and what annoys me with strange is his whiffed S is uhm worst then Tron's even.

I could dig haggar but I can never nail his combos, but I really like him because he was on my old team for MvC3 (Tron/Shulkie/Haggar)

I can't get Sentinel at all even though there's some really good Sentinel players in my scene who could help but I don't think they'd help me.

I tried Doom and well you saw how bad my Doom is lol.

I wasn't impressed with Chou. Sub him out for Mame Spider.

I think I'll start with really simple strange stuff, I don't think I'll be doing the loop you did yesterday and what annoys me with strange is his whiffed S is uhm worst then Tron's even.

I could dig haggar but I can never nail his combos, but I really like him because he was on my old team for MvC3 (Tron/Shulkie/Haggar)

I can't get Sentinel at all even though there's some really good Sentinel players in my scene who could help but I don't think they'd help me.

I tried Doom and well you saw how bad my Doom is lol.
Strange has one of the worst launchers in the game. It's -21 on block (YIKES!).

An easy Strange bnb is just c.LMHS, sj.MMHS, qcf.L, qcf.AA.

As you get more used to him, make it c.LMH, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH, f.H, delay, S, qcf.M, qcf.AA.

When you get decent with him, here's my combo: f.H, qcb.M, qcb.M, qcb.H, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH (delay all of these), f.H, j.MMH, f.H, j.MMH, f.H, s.H, f.H, s.S, sj.MMH, f.H, delay, s.S, qcf.M, qcf.AA

If you ever become godlike with him, do this combo, which I won't even bother with the inputs for - it's far beyond me, haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALKjzZBCivo

Best of luck in your team search.

Dahbomb

Chou is the best Japanese player with the most consistent results and the best showing at EVO.

Mamespider would get bopped in the exhibition.

My world list:

Kusuro (Japan)
Chou (Japan)
Frutsy (Mexico)
Zak Bennet (UK)
Keanu (Chile)

USA:

Justin
Combofiend
FChamp
Chris G
Yipes

Grecco

Chou is the best Japanese player with the most consistent results and the best showing at EVO.

Mamespider would get bopped in the exhibition.

My world list:

Kusuro (Japan)
Chou (Japan)
Frutsy (Mexico)
Zak Bennet (UK)
Keanu (Chile)

USA:

Justin
Combofiend
FChamp
Chris G
Yipes

Im not so sure, but even if he did, people still love his spiderman and this is an exhibition so you have to have those people favorite types.... same reason i added marlinpie.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
USA
EG Justin Wong
col. CC Combofiend
col. CC Filipino Champ
FC NYChris G
BT Yipes

World
Zak Bennett
FRB Chou
FRB Abegen
FRB Kusoru
TA Frutsy

TBH I'd be fine with USA vs. FRB/Japan. World is gonna get bodied though.

FChamp
Yipes
Flocker
Infrit
Chris G

Mame
Zak Bennett
Frutsy
Chou
Kusoru

Those are my picks.

Also TDKR was good till the final act. Then got dumb as fuck and so many plotholes.... If the last act was better the movie would of been better.

FChamp
Yipes
Flocker
Infrit
Chris G

Mame
Zak Bennett
Frutsy
Chou
Kusoru

Those are my picks.

Also TDKR was good till the final act. Then got dumb as fuck and so many plotholes.... If the last act was better the movie would of been better.
No JWong? I'm surprised no one has Fanatiq on his list.

I'll be watching TDKR tomorrow. I don't expect it to be good since I didn't care much about the first two, but my wife is super pumped about it.

Dahbomb

Ending was godlike though.

I'll be watching TDKR tomorrow. I don't expect it to be good since I didn't care much about the first two, but my wife is super pumped about it.
Then you probably won't like TDKR either. It has pretty much the same strengths and weaknesses of the previous 2 movies. Still a great finisher to the trilogy of course.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just got done watching TDKR and it was ace as a conclusion to the trilogy. Probably 3rd best in the series, but seriously, good luck to the mofo that has to try and follow this trilogy up in a decade.

After watching Nolan films I get in the zone for a few days where I'm just enamored with what I just watched. Probably going to go see it again tomorrow.

I thought BB was decent, hated TDK and liked the first two acts of TDKR. The last act was dumb as fuck. Anybody who complained about the plotholes in the Avengers should complain about the ginormous plotholes in the ending.

Suffers from the same problems I addressed but not as bad. The last part of the movie just sucks.

TDKR was better than the slow origin (like every origin minus IM) of Begins. Probably because everyone knows how these people become who they are and Tony was hella C-List before the Movies/Civil War, no? At least B or worse.

Rises was great though, liked it more than Spidey but less than Avengers -- they're all so different though. Great in its own right. Especially glad they mostly fixed the audio mixing on Bane from those earlier trailers when he was basically speaking another language.

After watching Nolan films I get in the zone for a few days where I'm just enamored with what I just watched. Probably going to go see it again tomorrow.

Ditto. I remember that Bats is 1 of 2 DC heroes I respect (the super guy is the other) and the only one I actually like.

Thanks for that Shuma link Karst. Didn't know he could do something other than TREMBLE really.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought BB was decent, hated TDK and liked the first two acts of TDKR. The last act was dumb as fuck. Anybody who complained about the plotholes in the Avengers should complain about the ginormous plotholes in the ending.

Suffers from the same problems I addressed but not as bad. The last part of the movie just sucks.
I feel a lot of this is because of the plot device they used to escalate things which people are kind of desensitized to nowadays.

I still loved it though. I'd change one or two things to make the ending absolutely perfect (and not ruin the tone) though. But overall I'm satisfied with the ending.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Please dont spoil it i have to wait till saturday to see it.
Intentionally no specifics. Better be careful though, and as a rule of thumb, don't even enter the spoiler free thread. People fuck up and fuck up all the time.

something something Iron Man buff plz niitsuma-san something something

Dahbomb

Since we are doing TDKR impressions might as well throw my 2 cents in:

TDKR was even better on repeat viewing and definitely stands with the high quality of the other 2 movies. Bigger emphasis on Bruce, great performances by the various main characters, bigger scale, actually better action than previous movies (well you could at least see stuff now) and solid cinematography. Movie however clearly was cut up a ton to make the IMAX real of under 3 hours otherwise they would've had to put in an intermission. It was at times too ambitious for its own good but I like that over some of the more simplistic plot in other movies. Plot holes were definitely higher than previous movies and pacing was an issue (even at 2 hours 45 mins it felt a bit rushed). And DAT ending. I can't be bothered to make a ranking of the 3 movies, all of them have their strength and weaknesses. Begins has the best 1st act, TDKR has the best ending and best fight scene and TDK has the best performance by a single character the Joker plus that interrogation scene.

Can't wait to rewatch the entire trilogy again.

Anth0ny

USA
EG Justin Wong
col. CC Combofiend
col. CC Filipino Champ
FC NYChris G
BT Yipes

World
Zak Bennett
FRB Chou
FRB Abegen
FRB Kusoru
TA Frutsy

TBH I'd be fine with USA vs. FRB/Japan. World is gonna get bodied though.

NpeLN.gif

Those would be the best teams. USA would win free, unless Japan has leveled up drastically.

wow, I thought TDKR has one of the best final acts I've ever seen. Even better than Dark Knight.

I just got done watching TDKR and it was ace as a conclusion to the trilogy. Probably 3rd best in the series, but seriously, good luck to the mofo that has to try and follow this trilogy up in a decade.

Same here :lol

I just finished a workout while watching the BONUS FEATURES to Dark Knight (of course, I watched Begins and Dark Knight before going into Rises). Now I want to watch the animated series again. I am FIENDING for Batman after coming out of TDKR.

Fucking Nolan. I need to watch it again in Imax.

I don't think Yipes has the tourney placings to justify him being on the American team. Flocker, Pr Rog, Marlin Pie, and Fanatiq are all better choices. But people just want him on because he's so popular I guess.
MarlinPie hasn't done anything noteworthy recently. PR Rog is in team limbo. I can see Fanatiq or Flocker, but I think Yipes has improved immensely recently. I foresee him taking a tournament soon.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone get this with Nova? Usually after an airgrab I do ADD H like I assume most Novas do. But recently I've had something weird happen where hust the H comes out and Nova hangs in the air for a loooong time.

Usually only happens online with laggy connections so I'm assuming I'm mashing too fast or something.

I've only been able to recreate this offline by holding down and pressing M after an air throw. Have no clue why it does this.

Anyone get this with Nova? Usually after an airgrab I do ADD H like I assume most Novas do. But recently I've had something weird happen where hust the H comes out and Nova hangs in the air for a loooong time.

Usually only happens online with laggy connections so I'm assuming I'm mashing too fast or something.

I've only been able to recreate this offline by holding down and pressing M after an sure throw. Have no clue why it does this.
Weird.

Fun fact: sometimes, maybe 1/100 air throws, Dormammu wall bounces the opponent. No clue why it happens.

Marz

Goddamit i'm having a hard time picking a 3rd character lmao they're all so cool. I've got Doom & Dormmamu definitely but can't decide on that third slot.

Goddamit i'm having a hard time picking a 3rd character lmao they're all so cool. I've got Doom & Dormmamu definitely but can't decide on that third slot.
It depends on how you prefer to play those two. If you want Dormammu on point (or Doom while DHCing to Dormammu ASAP), then Amaterasu or Vajra are your best choices. If you want Doom anchoring, and Dormammu second, then you want a good point character like Magneto or Zero.

I've only been able to recreate this offline by holding down and pressing M after an air throw. Have no clue why it does this.

Yep, has happened to me a bunch of times. I think it usually happens if you press H (or in your case M) immediately after you throw the opponent.

Azure J

You guys talking about one off things that happen in this game reminded me of something, I am deathly certain that if Devil Trigger'd Vergil does the Rising Slash/Upper Slash cancel blockstring, he can build meter while in this mode. I've seen it happen twice so far to myself but I can never figure out what it is that triggers and sustains it.

Dahbomb

You guys talking about one off things that happen in this game reminded me of something, I am deathly certain that if Devil Trigger'd Vergil does the Rising Slash/Upper Slash cancel blockstring, he can build meter while in this mode. I've seen it happen twice so far to myself but I can never figure out what it is that triggers and sustains it.
WTF....

Azure J

Seriously, this isn't even one of those "oh hey, I'm too blinded by salt to see what's actually happening" kinda things. I saw it the first time and literally wrote it off in this thread for the aforementioned reason, but then I saw it happen to me again like 2 days ago and I was convinced that blockstring is cursed.

You know, I think I'm going to force this and see if I can make a video.

Edit: Well, I just discovered the "why" for what's going on with that block string. Apparently, if the H-S string goes unchallenged by a push block after the timer for Devil Trigger has run out, Vergil doesn't go through the DT power down animation to return to his normal state but remains powered up while doing H-S. Problem is, the game thinks he's in a neutral state and thus turns back on standard meter building properties. Since he's still sped up during the chain though, he can build a bit of meter and act as if still DT'd until he begins his sword sheathe animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom