• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're capable of wiring through the walls it too, having it going across the house isn't really that convenient.
001_you-gotta-do-what-ugd.jpg

DD-11

How dirty is black hole, Stalking flare, xfactor, stalking flare, chaotic flame? I did this to an incoming character with almost full health (his last) and chipped him out. Didn't seem fair.

How dirty is black hole, Stalking flare, xfactor, stalking flare, chaotic flame? I did this to an incoming character with almost full health (his last) and chipped him out. Didn't seem fair.
If your opponent burns X-Factor early, that's his problem. There are certain characters you save X-Factor to counter-anchor, and Dormammu is one of them.

Dahbomb

Where was his x factor? If he burned out early against a dorm team he signed his own death warrant. And he lost 2 characters on top of losing his x factor....

DR2K

Banned
People let me keep my ranked wins if i win with Hsienko, mostly. no one knows how to deal with gold hsienko, lol.

DD-11

If your opponent burns X-Factor early, that's his problem. There are certain characters you save X-Factor to counter-anchor, and Dormammu is one of them.

Yeah, he learned that lesson now, I guess. haha

He used his xfactor to kill Doom. I guess it could have been even worse with 2c1d, which I could have used.

Desperado beats Gimlet through invincibility on reaction, or on durability if Hawkeye does his after.

That can't be right, it's only got 15 frames of invincibility, and counter hypering with it starts it on the 19th frame, not to mention that Gimlet is +1 and hits pretty much instantly so what are you reacting to after the flash? I guess you could hyper during the startup but that's like 8 frames? Inhuman.

Desperado is active on the first frame after the flash and far outclasses gimlet in durability so I don't know why you'd think it's the invincibility beating it.

That can't be right, it's only got 15 frames of invincibility, and counter hypering with it starts it on the 19th frame, not to mention that Gimlet is +1 and hits pretty much instantly so what are you reacting to after the flash? I guess you could hyper during the startup but that's like 8 frames? Inhuman.

Desperado is active on the first frame after the flash and far outclasses gimlet in durability so I don't know why you'd think it's the invincibility beating it.
...what are you talking about?

Gimlet is 8+1.
Desperado is 18+1, and invincible from frames 1-15.

Hawkeye starts Gimlet, cinematic screen happens on frame 8.
Viewtiful Joe starts Desperado in response to the cinematic screen.
Frame 1 of Desperado's invincibility begins.
1 frame passes, and Gimlet fires - maybe 2 frames pass before it reaches Viewtiful Joe (who knows how long it takes - but only a few frames, certainly).
Joe is well within the 15 frame invincibility period to dodge the shot completely. He doesn't even get the shot out before Gimlet is off the screen and done.

Unless you're talking about DHCing Desperado in, which would be the durability winning, but no one has mentioned DHCing as far as I can see.

When you hyper during your opponent's flash animation, it goes right to the post-flash frames like you DHC'd. That's my understanding, anyway. Otherwise half the hyper clashes wouldn't make sense to me.

When you hyper during your opponent's flash animation, it goes right to the post-flash frames like you DHC'd. That's my understanding, anyway. Otherwise half the hyper clashes wouldn't make sense to me.
You are not correct.

The easiest proof against this is Ice Storm, which is 40+1. If it works like you say, Storm could shut down any hyper in the game whenever she felt like it, save Seven Rings of Raggador.

You are not correct.

The easiest proof against this is Ice Storm, which is 40+1. If it works like you say, Storm could shut down any hyper in the game whenever she felt like it, save Seven Rings of Raggador.

Lol I actually just used that to test before you replied. I tested Hail Storm on reaction to Chaotic Flame which is +3 and got hit. You're right, I was pretty mistaken. I thought that reversal hypers worked like DHCs.

Lol I actually just used that to test before you replied. I tested Hail Storm on reaction to Chaotic Flame which is +3 and got hit. You're right, I was pretty mistaken. I thought that reversal hypers worked like DHCs.
It's funny how long we can carry a misconception of a game we play so much. It would be sweet yet frustrating if hypers worked that way. My new team would definitely have Storm on it, though!

How would you guys feel if throw was mapped to jab or launcher instead of heavy? Do you think that'd get rid of some of the option select stuff people complain about?
I think it would be worse unless you rework launchers. I would never, ever go for a ground throw with Dormammu, because if my opponent decides to bait the throw with a chicken block I just died. It would also suck for characters like Morrigan and Nova. Nova would rocket to the ground off of a missed air throw, and Morrigan would shell kick to the ground; unlike her j.H, I can't fly-cancel her j.S.

j.L has other problems I outline below.

I think removing the ability to throw while air dashing for most characters is the most sensible solution (read: not Morrigan).

I still mash A when I throw pokeballs.
I always thought it was pushing A right as it hits the Pokemon.

Launcher yeah.

Mapping it to jab wouldn't change it I don't think.
It would eliminate OS air dashes, I think, since the second button you combine with L will override L as the input (similar to how plinking works).

However, it would mean that block punishing is easier than ever, since people could just mash f.L. Wolverine would have a hell of a time using Berserker Slash out of a blockstring.

Edit: If anyone wants a "LOL GameFAQs" moment, check #4 on the list:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2469.html

Tell me all of the rules of refly. I want to know how broken it would make Morrigan and Dormammu.

Well personally I'd just make it so flight doesn't count as a special move and you can be in flight mode for a maximum number of total active frames per jump including startup. In previous games, though.... it was basically live in the air lol

Fast fly was more broken, though. It let you replace flight startup with a normal move.

Well personally I'd just make it so flight doesn't count as a special move and you can be in flight mode for a maximum number of total active frames per jump including startup. In previous games, though.... it was basically live in the air lol

Fast fly was more broken, though. It let you replace flight startup with a normal move.
So you'd be fine with Morrigan superjumping and fly-canceling a dozen or so Soul Fists at you?

Dahbomb

*Looks at #4 on the top 10 hardest bosses

*Looks through all the bookmarked GIF in his collection

I got nothing... no GIF reaction comes close to expressing my disbelief at that selection.

But I have to post something...

icH6tkqNNM1QS.gif

Changing throws to either L or S wouldn't fix anything... there would just be different OS. A lot of characters have really good j.S, like Wesker, Hulk, Storm, Sentinel etc. Changing to L would be even worse IMO. Throws should've been a two button input with a whiff animation. They could still be 1 frame though.

sephi22

Having trouble picking that third character for my Spider Sting/ xxx /Doom Missiles team.

Spidey-Missiles means 800k off a clean hit. Gamma wave or poison tip makes it 900-950k but i dont like playing as Hulk and i dont like playing Hawkeye if i can't do 750k meter positive combos with him (like i can with hawkeye/viper/doom team).

She-Hulk is nice. She can help Spidey get two extra web throws, can set up unblockables, and you can DHC max spider into emerald cannon (timing is tight). Problem is, i think She hulk + missiles is ass.

I dont want to take the plunge and play spidey/morridoom just yet

Am I the only one who didn't find Cyber Akuma difficult at all? Maybe I just had good luck.

Fuck Gill, though. Fuck him and ST Akuma. I seriously hope somebody got fired over Gill.

the biggest bastard was cyber akuma and followed closely by gill.

I felt like Gil was more annoying than Cyber Akuma.

Cyber Akuma just goes H.A.M but eventually when you go H.A.M like that you leave a big ass opening where you can eat a fucking plasma to the face. Or that was my strategy against him.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Changing throws to either L or S wouldn't fix anything... there would just be different OS. A lot of characters have really good j.S, like Wesker, Hulk, Storm, Sentinel etc.
Literally the only thing sub-optimal about Felicia's air throw is that it's mapped to H instead of S. I couldn't even imagine.

Hell, that switch would help Hawkeye too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Omega Rugal was the worse. All his moves take like nearly half your life and they have priority over anything you have. Plus he has a big ass fireball that you can't even jump over.

Akuma was a smart boss, he wasn't cheap. It's like playing against a top player that knows what you are doing. Meanwhile these other bosses just have cheap moves and huge advantages over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom