• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Goddamn Beef, that is bad. :lol

That's definitely a glitch. Push block pretty much prevents any abuse of this glitch though.

Yeah, I don't think I would have ever noticed something like this if my brother didn't enjoy using that string + an assist call (Nova on Centurion Rush) to set up the dirty stuff. Scared the fuck out of me too when I saw DT Vergil just stacking up meter and I'm all like "WHAT THE FUCK?"

The really interesting thing about this glitch though, I think it's very possible to cancel the Upper Slash cancel into a DT, then continue the chain building meter. That and the meter built is actually proportional to the stat boost from DT even after the timer has run down.

Goddamn Beef, that is bad. :lol

Seriously, it was awful! I had enough time to enter the XMB, check some messages (apparently I got hatemail and didn't even notice; all the guy said was "lucky"), then exit out before the game ended. I didn't bother trying to play, so I just let the guy have his win. Managed to somehow hit him so he couldn't get a perfect at least, then he proceeded to teabag me after he won like it was an accomplishment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone get this with Nova? Usually after an airgrab I do ADD H like I assume most Novas do. But recently I've had something weird happen where hust the H comes out and Nova hangs in the air for a loooong time.

Usually only happens online with laggy connections so I'm assuming I'm mashing too fast or something.

I've only been able to recreate this offline by holding down and pressing M after an air throw. Have no clue why it does this.
Your pressing H way too early after throw.

You can just let Nova fall down at normal speed and then press H about halfway down. without the airdash. You actually don't even need the H but it makes the already large amount of time to confirm even longer.

Bizazedo

Anyone get this with Nova? Usually after an airgrab I do ADD H like I assume most Novas do. But recently I've had something weird happen where hust the H comes out and Nova hangs in the air for a loooong time.

Usually only happens online with laggy connections so I'm assuming I'm mashing too fast or something.

I've only been able to recreate this offline by holding down and pressing M after an air throw. Have no clue why it does this.

I never understood why Nova's do that to begin with, to be honest.

I need some 360 peep to play against today:(.

rocK`

Banned
Right, but a lot of Novas do it anyways and don't do the hard tag. That's what makes me go "Why?".

A lot of people (me included) do it for timing purposes and/or keep my fingers warm. Much like starcraft players will warm up their fingers in the beginning of the match (by spamming ridiculous APM even though they have 6 probes to macro).

So, while catching up with the thread I saw someone mention a good Rocket on stream, but because this laptop I'm kinda forced to use now is fucking shitty I don't really dare to even go to Twitch :/

Is that on YT somewhere or could anyone upload it?

I never understood why Nova's do that to begin with, to be honest.

I need some 360 peep to play against today:(.

Well, I'm back now, so maybe I could play later.

Venfayth

Been spending time trying to find a way to make X-23/Dr. Doom/Morrigan work.

I love playing all 3, but Morridoom's assists don't really benefit x-23 all that much.

I found a way to use Doom's Hidden Missiles as an OTG to extend X-23's BNB! Better yet, it's flashy as FUCK. The missiles OTG on the way up and on the way down, and I make full use of it :D

i just have no luck figuring out a team in this game. zero/rocket/arthur just isn't as fun as i thought it would be. tried out hulk/vergil/haggar just for fun and it wasn't much good either.

maybe i should just do viper/doom/strider and have fun with it.

Venfayth

Really? I'd imagine that missiles being missiles and Morrigan's meter assist giving you much more meter for Dirt Nap would go well with Laura.

i honestly can't think of a single character who wouldn't benefit from doom's assists.

Well, I meant beyond missiles being missiles. I'm used to playing X-23 with someone who provide horizontal freedom for her to move forward on the ground. Akuma's Tatsu, Sentinel Drones, Shopping Cart, etc. Doom's Beam assist works okay for that, but it's off the screen so fast.

JeTmAn81

I finally got my 360 hooked up to a wired connection, and the difference is significant. It's still not quite the same as playing offline, but when I play with someone else who has a good connection, it's pretty darn close.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
ugh how dare you people not have your 360's hooked up with an ethernet cord.
I remember someone in some other thread expressing how happy he was that some old arcade fighter was being re-released on consoles because now he "wouldn't have to mess with all that port-forwarding stuff to get GGPO to work."

And all I could think to myself was you are the reason why online console gaming sucks. Well, one of them anyway.

JeTmAn81

Sometimes, it's just not a trivial matter to get a wired connection to your setup. Most people use wireless for everything these days because that's all that's necessary. In my case, for a long time I didn't even have Marvel on the same floor as my router.

smurfx

get some go again
wow i just added a simple move to my combo with haggar and now i can get 810k damage meterless from a random pipe hit. it can actually be 823k damage but i don't want to take a risk with my hawkeye otg in order to get that extra damage.

Azure J

ugh how dare you people not have your 360's hooked up with an ethernet cord.

How dare I live with other people.

Pretty much this sadly. It's going to be a bit of time before I can get wired up for my gaming so wireless is here to stay.

I remember someone in some other thread expressing how happy he was that some old arcade fighter was being re-released on consoles because now he "wouldn't have to mess with all that port-forwarding stuff to get GGPO to work."

And all I could think to myself was you are the reason why online console gaming sucks. Well, one of them anyway.

Heh, reminds me of how bad I felt when I realized that I hadn't done anything with my Xbox regarding setting up DMZ and the like. It's just because I don't play online regularly that something as day one as that slipped my mind for as long as it did.

kirblar

wow i just added a simple move to my combo with haggar and now i can get 810k damage meterless from a random pipe hit. it can actually be 823k damage but i don't want to take a risk with my hawkeye otg in order to get that extra damage.
Just get a reset in there and you should be golden on high-health characters.

smurfx

get some go again
i usually do enough chip to where i can kill the high health characters in a combo with haggar. you'd be surprised at how many people don't respect haggar backed up by hawkeyes greyhound assist.

Sometimes, it's just not a trivial matter to get a wired connection to your setup. Most people use wireless for everything these days because that's all that's necessary. In my case, for a long time I didn't even have Marvel on the same floor as my router.
Indeed. When I first got this game the TV was in the bedroom, but the internet cable was a whole floor away. There isn't anything I can do about that.

It's good to spread the word, and pressure people, though.

So, while catching up with the thread I saw someone mention a good Rocket on stream, but because this laptop I'm kinda forced to use now is fucking shitty I don't really dare to even go to Twitch :/

Is that on YT somewhere or could anyone upload it?
I checked on Youtube and didn't see anything.

People should be banned from playing fighters online with wireless. Shit is pure fucking garbage.
I'd be happy if there was a way for each PSN/XBL system to just display whether it's wireless or wired. Let me know ahead of time.

Unless you're Firebrand, then you have to do 3 whole combos to kill someone like Hulk, maybe 4, unless you're burning meter after each one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MarlinPie saying on the Salty Battles stream he found a way to make Doom's Photon Array hit on both sides, doing 400k or so.

Dahbomb

New Iron Man TAC Infinite combo from all directions. Even works mid-screen.

I didn't know you could OTG during the TAC infinite. Interesting.
It's fairly old now, Danke has been doing it in tournaments now.

It's extremely practical and not THAT hard to do. In fact it's one of the best infinites in the game thus far.

I totally called Iron Man having practical TAC infinites:

RdHNY.gif

It's fairly old now, Danke has been doing it in tournaments now.

It's extremely practical and not that hard to do at all. In fact it's one of the best infinites in the game thus far.

I totally called Iron Man having practical TAC infinites:

RdHNY.gif

There still no top Iron Man players though. Hopefully Combofiend deliver on his promise and play Mag/Iron/Sent.

Azure J

Congrats, you (or your brother) have found genuinely "new tech" in Marvel.

Going to post this on the tier list just to get some "LOL WHAT" responses.

I already got the rundown in another thread there and it kinda confirmed what I initially thought of it. This isn't anything beyond a hiccup in animation to visible states. There might be more to investigate with this as a basis but this as it is has been "understood". Apparently, Dante can do the same thing (but not for as long a duration) with Beehive while his DT ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom