• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that nova combo video was amazing. Totally didn't know about that anti Phoenix nova tech.

Red arremer: It's all good man, I was never really bothered by the comments. Wouldn't be the first or last time someone called me out on fanboyism.

I'm happy somebody saw my nova post, #BibleThump

All the other timezones man. So many acronyms, goddamn. While making the FGW thread I was forced to learn the difference between EST and EDT too.

I shouldn't have slept through grade 10 geography class and I thoroughly regret it many years later. I blame the coked up neo-Nazi my brown ass had to sit next to throughout the entire semester.

Time Zone is pretty easy to understand once you figure it out.

Worldwide_Time_Zones_%28including_DST%29.png

The brackets are for when there is daylight saving time.

Just look at where you are then you just add/subtract the number of hours the other place is and poof!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Also a dumb time in the FG Weekly thread was when I made a gif which no one responded to, which is fine. But after that someone saw it here and posted it on srk, then someone saw it on srk and posted it back on gaf, and only then did people respond to it.

That shit had me rolling :lol

It's like, no one reads the thread.

How many times has someone asked a question in that thread only to have the answer maybe 10 posts above them?

Also a dumb time in the FG Weekly thread was when I made a gif which no one responded to, which is fine. But after that someone saw it here and posted it on srk, then someone saw it on srk and posted it back on gaf, and only then did people respond to it.

That shit had me rolling :lol

It's like, no one reads the thread.

How many times has someone asked a question in that thread only to have the answer maybe 10 posts above them?

That happened a lot during the EVO thread since it went by so fast. I would post something no one would respond. 3 pages later someone post the exact same thing and get 20 response.

Dante so far is the only significant DHC combo. You can do scattershot with hawkeye full screen and get a couple more arrows lol. Most install hypers only seem to work close to the corner. I tried Dormammu and phoenix, no dice. I'm sure you could use a hyper that lets you combo after normally, though.

Dante so far is the only significant DHC combo. You can do scattershot with hawkeye full screen and get a couple more arrows lol. Most install hypers only seem to work close to the corner. I tried Dormammu and phoenix, no dice. I'm sure you could use a hyper that lets you combo after normally, though.
It figures that both fucking twins work, but no one else.

Was looking at the twitch browse page and FGTV stream title was "Doom's infinte is practical"

So I click on it and see Shady K doing the TAC infinite....oh lord not like Doom's TAC isn't already scary enough.

Still looks harder than the current Doom "Swag" combos though. Plus that one only use one meter so it's not like it's a big deal.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is interesting. I've been practicing the first bit of this Morrigan combo for the past few days, and I've been struggling to get the fly cancel down; I would hit it too slowly and it would never come out in time. Now, apparently, I'm doing it too fast, so I have to slow myself down. What the hell, yo.

kirblar

Was looking at the twitch browse page and FGTV stream title was "Doom's infinte is practical"

So I click on it and see Shady K doing the TAC infinite....oh lord not like Doom's TAC isn't already scary enough.

Still looks harder than the current Doom "Swag" combos though. Plus that one only use one meter so it's not like it's a big deal.
That's the thing about the infinites- they're not such a big deal due to the Doom TAC combos almost always resulting in a dead character anyway.

Infinites are only useful for characters that don't usually have good TAC combos and if their infinites are relatively easy to do. e.g. Frank, Ammy(I think), magneto, etc.

Azure J

In other news, that video I promised just finished uploading. I was really directionless with this one though and just went about trying to do some regular combos (mostly Dante) during the 5 minutes I planned out. Unfortunately, I seem to be a choke monster when I'm recording myself. :lol

The things I will ask to make this more interesting and learn from what I have currently:

- Is there a checklist of things you guys try to understand as you train? I'm basically wondering if you guys just go in with whatever and go from there or if you run down a list like blockstrings, applying pressure, air-to-airs, TACs etc. and just run down the list trying things out.

- I want to learn a good amount of resets. I feel weird asking for the answers instead of making a few more than I have first, but I feel comfortable asking you guys the derpy questions.

- I want to get better with my main guard (and not feel so top heavy with Dante). What do you think I should do? Run Amaterasu and Strider on point?

- Musical choices for the future. I'm especially down for some Chill Hop or Soil & Pimp Session like jazz. :p

Well this is interesting. I've been practicing the first bit of this Morrigan combo for the past few days, and I've been struggling to get the fly cancel down; I would hit it too slowly and it would never come out in time. Now, apparently, I'm doing it too fast, so I have to slow myself down. What the hell, yo.
Her combos are very finicky. IMO, it's easier to just do:
s.LMH, f.H, j.MMHS, s.M, c.M, c.H, s.S, sj.MMH, dp.M, qcf.AA

Not that I take my own advice...

I got Joe to work, I might be able to get Amaterasu as well.
Like Shadow Servant -> Veil of Mist? And Shadow Servant -> Mach Speed?

- Is there a checklist of things you guys try to understand as you train? I'm basically wondering if you guys just go in with whatever and go from there or if you run down a list like blockstrings, applying pressure, air-to-airs, TACs etc. and just run down the list trying things out.
Usually I check new ideas first. Like, I'm still almost certain that Dormammu can DHC into Astral Vision to land Soul Drain in corners, and I try it a few times every time I go in the game...

Dahbomb

A lot of characters are eventually going to have practical post-TAC infinites. The most practical infinites belong to those mentioned plus Iron Man, Sentinel, Nova and a few others.

It also appears that aerial OTGs allow you to do TAC infinites even if the opponent hits the ground. That's what is allowing those Ammy and IM infinites that are practical. I am sure Spider Man would have something similar too as he too has an aerial OTG move.

In other news, that video I promised just finished uploading. I was really directionless with this one though and just went about trying to do some regular combos (mostly Dante) during the 5 minutes I planned out. Unfortunately, I seem to be a choke monster when I'm recording myself. :lol

The things I will ask to make this more interesting and learn from what I have currently:

- I want to learn a good amount of resets. I feel weird asking for the answers instead of making a few more than I have first, but I feel comfortable asking you guys the derpy questions.

- I want to get better with my main guard (and not feel so top heavy with Dante). What do you think I should do? Run Amaterasu and Strider on point?

- Musical choices for the future. I'm especially down for some Chill Hop or Soil & Pimp Session like jazz. :p

When is the earliest you can hit 3 volcanoes with strider assist in a dante combo? I know if you do like 2 hits into volcano you can combo into a helm breaker and then do it but that's pretty impractical. I feel like the dante/strider combos people use are not optimized yet for damage. Also your execution is godlike.

A lot of characters are eventually going to have practical post-TAC infinites. The most practical infinites belong to those mentioned plus Iron Man, Sentinel, Nova and a few others.

It also appears that aerial OTGs allow you to do TAC infinites even if the opponent hits the ground. That's what is allowing those Ammy and IM infinites that are practical. I am sure Spider Man would have something similar too as he too has an aerial OTG move.

Exactly. Also some people are not understanding the fact that in most cases you should just do an infinite until you have enough meter to kill or to kill and have and extra bar for a mix up on the incoming character. If you go beyond that you're going to give the other player to much meter.

Exactly. Also some people are not understanding the fact that in most cases you should just do an infinite until you have enough meter to kill or to kill and have and extra bar for a mix up on the incoming character. If you go beyond that you're going to give the other player to much meter.

Unless you play x-23. Then 5 bars is crucial.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Her combos are very finicky. IMO, it's easier to just do:
s.LMH, f.H, j.MMHS, s.M, c.M, c.H, s.S, sj.MMH, dp.M, qcf.AA

Not that I take my own advice...

Ah, interesting, I'll give that a shot. I've been making progress with this specific combo (this is the combo if you're interested), but I just need to figure out the exact timing of the fly cancel into the j.H into the j.dp.H. As you say, it is very finicky.

As I type this though I see there is a new "official" Morrigan combo thread on Shoryuken. Maybe I'll take a look that as well.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
LOL

I just beat a really bad XF3 Wesker by spamming Ghost Rider's b.H. Full health to 0.

Maan I played a terrible Ghost Rider earlier today. Dude did nothing but j.S. So next game I picked GR and did the same exact thing to him and he didn't even know how to block it.

Kinda sorta pathetic on that guy's end.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
SFxT fightstick is current Amazon gold box deal, for $99.99. Hmm... I did just order the WWE Brawl Stick a few days ago, so I probably shouldn't get this lol.

Dahbomb

The X-23 infinite posted was fairly difficult although it was an older version so there might be a newer easier version.

However an X-23 team doesn't need X-23 herself to do the infinite. You can have a team of X-23/Iron Man/Dante, X-23 lands a hit TACs into Iron Man, 5 bars built then back into X-23 + Jam Session for the BOGO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this any better than the SCV Arcade Stick? They're the same price and I'm not really sure what the difference is, if any.
Different button layout I believe. The Pro has the same one as the stick you ordered. Also the Pro is newer than the SCV stick and has a different exterior shape altogether.

If you were to go with either, go for the Pro. Though I don't think you should get hasty considering you already bought a solid stick for much cheaper.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Different button layout I believe. The Pro has the same one as the stick you ordered. Also the Pro is newer than the SCV stick and has a different exterior shape altogether.

If you were to go with either, go for the Pro. Though I don't think you should get hasty considering you already bought a solid stick for much cheaper.

Yeah this is more for future reference; I'm getting better at landing combos with the 360 controller so I don't know how much I'm going to enjoy/need a stick. However, for $30, I was willing to jump in and see for myself.

You can have a team of X-23/Iron Man/Dante, X-23 lands a hit TACs into Iron Man, 5 bars built then back into X-23 + Jam Session for the BOGO.

Repulsor Blast is pretty good incoming lockdown, so you could probably have any anchor you want.

Iron Man is hard to play as.

...Ok, I really suck at getting damage out of Zero. Most I can get is around 500k and that's with assists >__>

What's a good tutorial for lightning loops? I'm probably going to have to learn those if I really want that sub team with Zero :/

...Ok, I really suck at getting damage out of Zero. Most I can get is around 500k and that's with assists >__>

What's a good tutorial for lightning loops? I'm probably going to have to learn those if I really want that sub team with Zero :/

What I do is

Jump > Buster > Lighting > TK lighting > TK Lighting > Jump > Buster > Lighting > TK Lighting > TK Lighting > Jump > Buster > Lighting (Reactivate shadow super).

Repeat....

With my Zero/Doom/Dante team I can get a max of like 702k before lighting loops, but off of a low B I only get 684,400. I think it's like 989,000 after the first loops. Around 1.29 or 1.3 if I land the second loop.

With my Zero/Sent combination I can get 654,000 pre loops.
Zero/Dante is like 651,00 pre loops.
Zero/Dante/Vergil you can easily break 700.

Dahbomb

Repulsor Blast is pretty good incoming lockdown, so you could probably have any anchor you want.

Iron Man is hard to play as.
Yeah but X-23 needs that Unibeam more for those mix ups and get in. Repulsor doesn't get you in and Jam Session is the superior vertical lockdown assist. On that team you also want Unibeam for Dante. Repulsor assist has other utility though and that's its horizontal coverage that even protects behind the point character some what to help you against teleporters. It also helps in projectile/missiles war as Repulsor can absorbs a good amount of missiles as well while also providing protection.

Dahbomb

There is no such thing as "more better".

And I was just providing an example, I am not saying you need to pick Iron Man in that team.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My problem with Iron Man is his moveset is so far off of what I associate with the character outside of Unibeam. His legacy moveset doesn't cut it. Moreso than Mags. Doom's kind of works though.

My problem with Iron Man is his moveset is so far off of what I associate with the character outside of Unibeam. His legacy moveset doesn't cut it. Moreso than Mags. Doom's kind of works though.

I think Capcom gave Iron Man unibeam just to dick tease everyone into trying him out to later realize he sucks.

Why does everyone say to put X-23 with Jam Session for the unblockable? Can't you just j.S right when they come in anyway?

Edit: Also, I'm losing energy for this game. Really tired of not having a team that feels good. I might take a break from it all.

Yeah. Why give him the sleek new movie armor if he flies like he's in the Demon in a Bottle suit, alcohol and all :(

He should have air superiority, right next to "make my own magnetic fields" senior, Ororo, Odinson and cloud swinging Spidey.

How hilarious would it be if Hulk could superjump the entire stage in one SJ, hahahaha

More canon powers (aside from planetbusters/Weapon X "Dragon Ball Z regeneration" bullshit) plz

Why does everyone say to put X-23 with Jam Session for the unblockable? Can't you just j.S right when they come in anyway?

Edit: Also, I'm losing energy for this game. Really tired of not having a team that feels good. I might take a break from it all.

Takes the "pretty easy meaty" to autopilot, and makes sure people can't press a button at all, invincible hypers or not. Probably want to meaty with the A Talon Dive, dem active frames, bigger hitbubble and easier to time.

Taking a break does wonders in this game IMO. Tend to come back stronger when I do.

GGs Sigmaah, it's midnight and I'm getting kicked out of the console. I fucking lol'd at that last second time out comeback with Rocket air grabbing you into the spring, not gonna lie XD

Still, I'm sure you saw what I meant about my Zero lacking damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom