• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Huzzah! After months of reading about your shenanigans in here, I can finally join in the intelligent conversation!

Every "combo" I do ends in a Bionic Arm or Gamma Crush. Probably won't have much to contribute. And I even bought the guide...

You dropped Chris and Dante altogether! =(
Like me...
But I'm trying to fit Dante into a team that's not Spencer/Doom and I just can't seem to do it. Not sure who to put him on point with. In all honesty though it's my failure to learn a new character that's stopping me. Want to give too many characters a try

well not altogether.. not Dante at least. personally I feel more freedom when I play Dante, but I'm just caught up in the Vergil craze from Japan.

mr. puppy

Banned
its strange how safe I feel once I get hidden missiles launched. I pretty much zone and play neutral/keepaway with whatever character I have out, and then when hidden missiles is out I can rush in and rely on missiles for a combo breaker in case I make a mistake. What an awesome assist.

I gotta get better with Doom though. The only way I have to open people up is to spam foot dive. Anybdoy have some tips?

Also, I swear your can complete negate advance guard with Morrigan once you have astral projection out. Its so much more fun to rush down with her in that mode than just spam shit.

mr. puppy

Banned
People rush with astral? I'm just used to playing a nightmare game of dodgeball when people activate that..

the rushdown is possibly even more stupid than the dodgeball. its probably best played dodgeball until you can launch missiles, then fly in and get your pile of stupid going. she has really good buttons.

Azure J

its strange how safe I feel once I get hidden missiles launched. I pretty much zone and play neutral/keepaway with whatever character I have out, and then when hidden missiles is out I can rush in and rely on missiles for a combo breaker in case I make a mistake. What an awesome assist.

I gotta get better with Doom though. The only way I have to open people up is to spam foot dive. Anybdoy have some tips?

Also, I swear your can complete negate advance guard with Morrigan once you have astral projection out. Its so much more fun to rush down with her in that mode than just spam shit.

This.

There's nothing like switching between ranged and swooping at a moment's notice with AV up. <3

mr. puppy

Banned
This.

There's nothing like switching between ranged and swooping at a moment's notice with AV up. <3

yeah seriously. Its beginning to sound like the stuff people were talking about Firebrand being able to do at the beginning, except she's far better at it and actually does damage and doesn't have useless assists.

LakeEarth

That's why Morrigan is so dangerous. Not only is her zoning game some of the best in the game, she's really good up close too. Short limbs, but otherwise really good. The rest of the game's zoning characters suck up close.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while now but can anyone link me to the new doom corner bnb?

Doom Missiles paired with AS Morrigan is hilarious in more ways than one. They do wonders masking Morrigan's fly cancel which makes for funny ass overhead shenanigans. I abused the shit out of those when paired with golden pendulum in Vanilla.
And haven't you and Azure been saying VS Hsien would be godlike? :p
Yes, but I only thought she'd be low/mid A tier even with a bunch of buffs. I think she'd be in top five easy now. They don't even need to overdo it to make this happen.

*Cancel capable pendulum just like Vampire
*cr.H OTG
*Hitbox on bombs/increase to 3 low projectile durability points/savior dizzy mechanics
*Savior speed air/ground dashes
*QCB gongs

She literally goes from bottom of the barrel to instant high tier with those changes alone(seriously, Taskmaster will be crying like a bitch and Sent may as well pack his bags). Just one or two more things and noobs will wish DS never existed just like they've been bitching about Morrigan. Shit is retarded.

Still dumping her for Doom though lolz
LOL. I've been putting in some serious work with the little bugger. I used to be really fraudulent with him, but I resolved to become better with him, and now I'd say I'm one of the few non-fraudulent Striders around(though I do get a little too autopilot sometimes). He can get a little crazy though. Sometimes my brain can't keep up with his speed.
His hurtboxes are insane. I've never seen someone put Ammy on a leash like this guy did. I hate him so much already.
Now if only my Iron-Man wasn't so fraudulent...
Yeah, he needs work.
People rush with astral? I'm just used to playing a nightmare game of dodgeball when people activate that..
It works surprisingly well.
This.

Cold Star pairs scary good with AS Morrigan. Nothing like a random j.H crossup for that good old 600k damage.

Everybody jumping on the morrigan train is funny because my team wrecks her shit. Chaotic Flame DHC Bionic Maneuvers into full combo = "oh, you like throwing fireballs full screen?"

Don't push buttons when Ryu has two bars and ultra, and don't throw fireballs when Spencermammu's got 2 meters.

mr. puppy

Banned
"oh, you like throwing fireballs full screen?"

do you just see the word "Morrigan" and not read anything else at all? we've been discussing how stupid her rushdown is, not throwing fireballs.

besides, you're going to change your team in like 2 days and tell everyone how awesome it is anyway, just get on with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I believe Kadey is doing both a FreeSN and Live Super HBR with a stick for each winner. Don't quote me on that though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
We lost because of our line up. We had a guy who seemingly hadn't played in months and someone else no one really played against before.

Also you aren't you 360's whipping boy? I bet our "whipping boy" could beat you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We lost because of our line up. We had a guy who seemingly hadn't played in months and someone else no one really played against before.

Also you aren't you 360's whipping boy? I bet our "whipping boy" could beat you.

Who is FreeSN's whipping boy? I'd body him. IN THE NAME OF LIVE!

Grecco

What's the Iron Man vs. Thor matchup like in the comics?

Thors a wuss. Even Taskmaster whooped him. Manly picture time.

1608735-dude____you_knocked_thor_out__by_davidyardin_super.jpg

Azure J

Cold Star pairs scary good with AS Morrigan. Nothing like a random j.H crossup for that good old 600k damage.

It was just because I saw this recently why I started messing with this Dante (Jam Session or Crystal))/Ammy (Cold Star)/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer) "side" team lately. I'm still nothing but a scrub, but those times when I get this duo going with AV and get some Soul Drain combos in? Some of the most satisfying shit in my recent video game playing history. :lol

Ex Note: Morrigan & Dante tend to switch positions a lot depending on what I feel like.

Sigmaah

MMX alt makes me so happy and yet so sad...

MMX and Zero forever <3

I wish Sigma was in this game, he would be so badass!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
do you just see the word "Morrigan" and not read anything else at all? we've been discussing how stupid her rushdown is, not throwing fireballs.

besides, you're going to change your team in like 2 days and tell everyone how awesome it is anyway, just get on with it.

Plus I thought God's Beard don't have game anymore.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
MMX alt makes me so happy and yet so sad...

MMX and Zero forever <3

I wish Sigma was in this game, he would be so badass!

Mega Man.EXE (not Star Force), or Bass.EXE and a pixelated classic Mega Man. Any other Mega Man characters are useless.

For laughs they should change Hulk's alt to Banner.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
  1. Ultimate HBR would be a two day event. Saturday and Sunday. One for each console.
  2. One single winner for each event. Prize is arcade stick, Hori watchamacallit.
  3. Would last six hours each. So do what you have to do before you play.
  4. Will retain the HBR rules and with the character selection rule to make things a bit more fair for all players.
  5. I will have a thread in regular gaming for the event to get more of GAF to watch it.
  6. This will take place hopefully in March sometime.
  7. Each side will accommodate up to 7 players.

I'm probably missing a few other things but that's the main stuff.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
  1. Ultimate HBR would be a two day event. Saturday and Sunday. One for each console.
  2. One single winner for each event. Prize is arcade stick, Hori watchamacallit.
  4. Will retain the HBR rules and with the character selection rule to make things a bit more fair for all players.
  5. I will have a thread in regular gaming for the event to get more of GAF to watch it.

Whoa momma!

Dartastic

After getting absolutely bodied last night (I was obscenely free) by a Wolverine, Akuma, Wesker team, I have come to the conclusion that my team of Ammy, Nova, Strider is inadequate. I must upgrade. I think I must play top tier. Sad. I think I'm going to play Zeroooo... yeah. :/

Any good Zero resources? Eh?

After getting absolutely bodied last night (I was obscenely free) by a Wolverine, Akuma, Wesker team, I have come to the conclusion that my team of Ammy, Nova, Strider is inadequate. I must upgrade. I think I must play top tier. Sad. I think I'm going to play Zeroooo... yeah. :/

Any good Zero resources? Eh?
You are already playing a near top tier team from the individual standpoint. The synergy there just seems bonked. Replace Nova with Doom, Dante, Wesker or Magneto if you want to be mean. Morrigan could work well too, but there are flaws with her in there.

Tobe

I used to have this stick until I gave it to someone. Are you modding it yourself?
Im not gonna mod it, i dont want to destroy the cuteness. So im just gonna buy same color seimitsu buttons, ps3 and 36 converters. Over the arcade stick thread thy told the etokki ones were the best.

JeTmAn81

Hey guys, im gonna get a new stick and I was wondering what I should get? I'm thinking the SFxT one.

It depends on what you're looking for and how much you can spend. If you can spend the money ($130+), then any kind of Madcatz Tournament Edition or Hori Real Arcade Pro stick will work really well, regardless of what other associations it might have (game edition, custom art on top, etc.). With a stick, it's really just the responsiveness of the buttons and the joystick itself which are the essential parts. Everything else is just down to personal style.

Sigmaah

It depends on what you're looking for and how much you can spend. If you can spend the money ($130+), then any kind of Madcatz Tournament Edition or Hori Real Arcade Pro stick will work really well, regardless of what other associations it might have (game edition, custom art on top, etc.). With a stick, it's really just the responsiveness of the buttons and the joystick itself which are the essential parts. Everything else is just down to personal style.

Very true, but doesn't the SFxT stick have an incline so its easy to rest on your lap so it doesn't fall off? if so, that's why I want it lol

rexor0717

Use jump H sometimes. Its much better than it was in vanilla, and if you are good with your dashing, you can get full combos off of it. Also, do air light finger lasers, into forward heavy foot dive. It protects you while you footdive in. Then dash cancel the footdive to go low or something. Air grabbing is always nice for doom, and can lead to some decent damage.

What else...jump cancel his normals in the corner while doing block strings, then go in with a dashing overhead medium. This is pretty much my Doom game plan. Works well enough.

Also, just be content to play keep away. Doom has good keep away.

smurfx

get some go again

well if something is on the line then i might actually try my best! although that hori stick would go in the closet like the one i bought from you. :p

6 hours each day or 3 hours each day? Probably won't join but o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom