• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Iron Man should've been one of the fastest characters in the game with top tier air superiority and top level zoning because of the amount of weaponry equipped on that suit.

Why does everyone say to put X-23 with Jam Session for the unblockable? Can't you just j.S right when they come in anyway?

Edit: Also, I'm losing energy for this game. Really tired of not having a team that feels good. I might take a break from it all.
You are not the only one who feels this way.

Frantic

Taking a break does wonders in this game IMO. Tend to come back stronger when I do.
Yeah, I always do better after a break. I'm sort of on break from the game right now. I still head into training mode every now and then since I will always be a training mode monster, but haven't really actually played for a while.

I should probably use this time to make some videos, but I'm a lazy bastard. >_>

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even the modern equivalent of the Proton Cannon (side note: the fuck is the origin of that?!) in the bleeding edge suit is über stupid.

Been nagging about him needing a proper air hyper forever.

I liked the idea of the chargeable repulsars from the Uncanny Edition, as much as I hate moves where you have to hold a button down. Release, and they should semi-track but do ass damage.

Air superiority is definitely something I agree he should have, but they decided to design Nova around that. Understandable, (richardriderandtony.jpg) but he got done dirty.

I wonder how people would react if Magneto was completely revamped for MvC4. I think it's pretty much taboo in the Marvel community and would probably get a large negative reaction.

There is no such thing as "more better".

And I was just providing an example, I am not saying you need to pick Iron Man in that team.

Man you really are the most pedantic dude lol

Why does everyone say to put X-23 with Jam Session for the unblockable? Can't you just j.S right when they come in anyway?
Yeah, but you can't do it meaty off a raw tag, Jam Session fixes that. I just do a blockstring with Doom Missiles, works as well.

Nova should be the fastest character in the air and Strange should of been able to cancel each of his specials into each other up to two times.

Also Iron Fist should of had unique air rekkas and an assist that heals red life.

Marn vs Killer Kai Zero mirrors reminded me of Sentinel matches in mvc2. Lots of fighting for high ground and assist spamming while pushing out those hitboxes.

Sigmaah

GGs Sigmaah, it's midnight and I'm getting kicked out of the console. I fucking lol'd at that last second time out comeback with Rocket air grabbing you into the spring, not gonna lie XD

Still, I'm sure you saw what I meant about my Zero lacking damage.

Lmfao, that shit got me salty as fuck, but I respect that, GG's too u to man, we will deff play more. Where are u located, Mexico? My god, the connection was good. Better than then most online connections.

Put Dante with Zero and BAM, u get over 500K no problem, that's one of the reasons why I play Dante.

Dahbomb

Even the modern equivalent of the Proton Cannon (side note: the fuck is the origin of that?!) in the bleeding edge suit is über stupid.
Protoncannondebut.jpg

I liked the idea of the chargeable repulsars from the Uncanny Edition, as much as I hate moves where you have to hold a button down. Release, and they should semi-track but do ass damage.
You mean chargeable Smart Bombs. That was my idea by the way, except instead of tracking they would be more like their MVC2 counter parts when they are charged up.

Iron Man needs a safe DHC probably more than he needs an aerial hyper. Since his most preferred spot is down the order, he needs a good DHC. Proton Cannon has ass hit stun from DHC, most characters have a shit time trying to combo after it unlike other superior beams because they cause soft knockdown before the final hit. To be honest the #1 most important thing for him to have is being able to attack out of ground dash instantly. Without it his normals are wasted.

Nova doesn't have that great of air superiority and to be honest even he isn't done justice. He has a whole slew of powers that aren't tapped in the game.

Vice

Anyone have a link to a good Dr.Doom or Vergil tutorial? Preferably ones with a voice over rather than just written notations.

Lmfao, that shit got me salty as fuck, but I respect that, GG's too u to man, we will deff play more. Where are u located, Mexico? My god, the connection was good. Better than then most online connections.

Put Dante with Zero and BAM, u get over 500K no problem, that's one of the reasons why I play Dante.

Yup, that's why the raccoon has a sombrero.

I know Dante would give me a TOD with Zero/Raccoon for most of the cast, but I just have trouble using Dante and I don't want to drop Ammy either for multiple reasons :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Protoncannondebut.jpg

You mean chargeable Smart Bombs. That was my idea by the way, except instead of tracking they would be more like their MVC2 counter parts when they are charged up.

Iron Man needs a safe DHC probably more than he needs an aerial hyper. Since his most preferred spot is down the order, he needs a good DHC. Proton Cannon has ass hit stun from DHC, most characters have a shit time trying to combo after it unlike other superior beams because they cause soft knockdown before the final hit. To be honest the #1 most important thing for him to have is being able to attack out of ground dash instantly. Without it his normals are wasted.

Nova doesn't have that great of air superiority and to be honest even he isn't done justice. He has a whole slew of powers that aren't tapped in the game.
Okay that's awesome.

No, just chargeable repulsar ki blasts from his gauntlets. Let go and he pops out two blasts ultra quick, one from each arm.

The design behind Nova was to have him being a menace in the air though, sort of accomplished through grab range, the amount of time he can stay in the air, DAT j.H, all hypers being air-OK etc. He may still not be the best, but they compensate by making him hit like a tank while doing so. Basically they want you to fear the grab and the box dash j.H more than anything else.

Just got done reading the Nova run from Annihilation through Thanos Imperative and I'm glad Capcom nerfed this mofo straight out of the comic books. I actually think they did a pretty good job in translating him without bringing the "everyone is so OP" of Cosmic Marvel with it. It'd only be more accurate with old air dashes I think. Also it was cool seeing where they got all of his hypers from.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
B-but Iron Man's airdash is more faithful though!

I don't care if it's more faithful, it sucks.

And I think people were saying that Vanilla's IM airdash would be "too good" or would make him "broken". Well at least he'd be playable, instead of shit.

LOL. Yeah Nova if he was done to comic book style would of had the fastest air dash, a move that allowed him to absorb projectiles into meter, projectiles out of the ass, and still have grown ass damage. Well, it would be more like Hulk damage.

LOL. Yeah Nova if he was done to comic book style would of had the fastest air dash, a move that allowed him to absorb projectiles into meter, projectiles out of the ass, and still have grown ass damage. Well, it would be more like Hulk damage.

Not to mention gravity bending moves, and his hypergate teleports..

It's things like that allow me to like the nova corp.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Just got done reading the Nova run from Annihilation through Thanos Imperative and I'm glad Capcom nerfed this mofo straight out of the comic books. I actually think they did a pretty good job in translating him without bringing the "everyone is so OP" of Cosmic Marvel with it. It'd only be more accurate with old air dashes I think. Also it was cool seeing where they got all of his hypers from.

I did the same exact thing except I did it when Nova got leaked. I was like "THIS DUDE LOOKS SICK I MUST KNOW MORE"

In the comics Nova used some blue energy thing to contain people, I thought that could be in the game as a Hyper Grav sort of move.

There's been times where Nova has been all like "no, fuck you Worldmind, give me ALLLL the power of the Nova force, I don't care who else is using it.". Maybe that could be done like a Devil Trigger type of super.

iY4wODctJiasM.jpg

So good.

laaame

What the hell am I supposed to do against a Shuma G? I don't have the character so I have no way to dissect what all of his moves are and I have never seen another Shuma online so I was mindfucked when I played this Shuma. The only way I killed him was using a lot of bar on hypers by chip (which wasn't that effective considering he can float over them!). So any thing I could learn about this squid thing?

SmokeMaxX

What the hell am I supposed to do against a Shuma G? I don't have the character so I have no way to dissect what all of his moves are and I have never seen another Shuma online so I was mindfucked when I played this Shuma. The only way I killed him was using a lot of bar on hypers by chip (which wasn't that effective considering he can float over them!). So any thing I could learn about this squid thing?

Shuma sucks. Mystic Ray leaves very little guard/hit stun. If you get hit by Mystic Stare, you can feel free to attack Shuma because as soon as you hit him, the Mystic Stare goes away. Most Shumas approach from the air via Mystic Smash. Mystic Smash has fixed trajectories so you have to be in certain areas to get hit. Air version is overhead (watch out for tiger kneed versions). Ground version is not. Shuma has jump cancelable moves so watch out for blockstring into tk smash overhead (I think this is possible).

Shuma can theoretically do a TON of damage, but there are very VERY few Shumas that will do real damage in an actual match (especially online). When he's in level 3, the attack is unblockable so do not get near him. His other hypers are insanely negative on block. His hurtbox is weird so stick to combos that work on all character types if you really want to kill him in one combo.

Not sure what else to cover. He's not too hard to anti air and that's his most reliable way in. I don't think he can get a ton of damage off his command throw, but who knows- maybe with Wesker assist or something he gets a full combo.

laaame

Shuma sucks. Mystic Ray leaves very little guard/hit stun. If you get hit by Mystic Stare, you can feel free to attack Shuma because as soon as you hit him, the Mystic Stare goes away. Most Shumas approach from the air via Mystic Smash. Mystic Smash has fixed trajectories so you have to be in certain areas to get hit. Air version is overhead (watch out for tiger kneed versions). Ground version is not. Shuma has jump cancelable moves so watch out for blockstring into tk smash overhead (I think this is possible).

Shuma can theoretically do a TON of damage, but there are very VERY few Shumas that will do real damage in an actual match (especially online). When he's in level 3, the attack is unblockable so do not get near him. His other hypers are insanely negative on block. His hurtbox is weird so stick to combos that work on all character types if you really want to kill him in one combo.

Not sure what else to cover. He's not too hard to anti air and that's his most reliable way in. I don't think he can get a ton of damage off his command throw, but who knows- maybe with Wesker assist or something he gets a full combo.

I prob gotta find a video or something with his moves or how he plays because I am not sure what any of his moves look like other then Mystic ray. I can theoretically understand what I should look out and punish for so I will try that if I ever find an another Shuma. And it wasn't damaging combos I was concerned about at the time, it was his odd mobility and possible gimmicks that I would have no way of figuring out.

Just a few questions about his moves. Will his jumping attacks with the multiple tenticle hit cross-up ambiguously? Also is there a way to punish his mystic ray assist once the laser animation starts? Other then that I feel much better with Shuma match-up knowledge of any kind (literally have never seen Shuma used personally or in match videos) so thank you.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I didn't like about Nova's translation to UMvC3 is that there is no trace of Worldmind in any of his dialog.

SmokeMaxX

I prob gotta find a video or something with his moves or how he plays because I am not sure what any of his moves look like other then Mystic ray. I can theoretically understand what I should look out and punish for so I will try that if I ever find an another Shuma. And it wasn't damaging combos I was concerned about at the time, it was his odd mobility and possible gimmicks that I would have no way of figuring out.

Just a few questions about his moves. Will his jumping attacks with the multiple tenticle hit cross-up ambiguously? Also is there a way to punish his mystic ray assist once the laser animation starts? Other then that I feel much better with Shuma match-up knowledge of any kind (literally have never seen Shuma used personally or in match videos) so thank you.
Mystic Ray = beam (3 versions, but all super slow and very punishable if you avoid it. I'm pretty sure very punishable if you block it from close range)

Mystic Stare = purple eyeballs that Shuma propels at you; will stick on hit and detonate a few seconds later. Goes away if you hit Shuma; otherwise will explode and I think force soft knockdown. Can OTG in a combo but that's not really a mixup. I think plus on block.

Mystic Smash = Shuma turns into a spiky ball and travels in a parabolic arc (like Blanka Rainbow Ball). Can and will crossup a lot. Can be used to start combos; fairly easily anti-airable. I think they're safe (maybe + on block?)

Not sure which move you're talking about (jumping attack with multiple tentacles). If it's box dash j. m, it can cross up. I've heard it's a good move to use to get in, so it's probably ambiguous crossup. If it's spiky ball (Mystic Smash), it can definitely cross up ambiguously.

Mystic Ray- I'm pretty sure you can punish it if you block it from close range and they don't protect it. You can also get on the other side of it with teleports or cross it up before the beam starts. Otherwise, you can use character specific moves to blow through his ray (Charging Star; Beam hypers; Bionic Arm).

Gimmicks- Watch out for Level 3. Some Shumas will activate it looking to get you. Most good ones will reserve it for guaranteed situations or incoming mixups, but less experienced ones might activate it and rush you down. That's the only gimmick I'd really worry about unless you fight a really good Shuma and I'd personally ask them since they know more about the character than I do.

Note- Always be careful about dropping your combos against Shuma and Shuma dropping his combos (since they're pretty easy to drop).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wonder how people would react if Magneto was completely revamped for MvC4. I think it's pretty much taboo in the Marvel community and would probably get a large negative reaction.

Words couldn't describe how salty I would be. It would be like changing Ryu's moveset for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only thing I didn't like about Nova's translation to UMvC3 is that there is no trace of Worldmind in any of his dialog.
It should've been in his win quotes, him arguing with Worldmind.

Richard I think you need to take a brea- SHUT UP. *rockets away*

Well, good thing I didn't buy the SCV stick a few days ago for $99, it's down to $89 from NewEgg right now. In case anyone is interested.
Nice find - you should post that in the Weekly thread.

Shuma-Gorath gets full combos off of his command throws.

Shuma-Gorath revamp:
Mystic Stare is now a QCF motion.
Mystic Smash is a QCB motion.
Mystic Ray is a DP motion.
Shuma-Gorath now has an 8-way air dash.
Mystic Ray is now air-usable.
Shuma-Gorath now has a teleport - he appears at maximum normal jump height either in front, on top of, or behind the opposing character - RDP motion.
Shuma-Gorath can air dash three times before landing.
Shuma-Gorath's air dash now covers 1.5 times the ground it previously did, while maintaining the same total number of frames.
Shuma-Gorath's s.f+H and j.H moves turn his opponent to stone. This may only occur once per combo.
Shuma-Gorath can now combo off of Chaos Dimension.
Shuma-Gorath's voice now sounds more like his MvC2 self.

Ryce

Shuma already has a HCB move, so QCB wouldn't work for Mystic Smash. He's going to need a charge command if you want to give him an RDP teleport.

I agree with the posts regarding the designs of the old Marvel characters. It's very jarring that all of the newcomers are implemented so accurately whereas guys like Iron Man, Doom, Magneto, Sentinel, and Shuma have virtually nothing in common with their comic book counterparts. It's as if Capcom looked at a picture or two of those characters and created an entirely fictitious move set around what they thought they should play like. Conversely, it's clear that a lot of effort went into designing the newer characters.

Shuma already has a HCB move, so QCB wouldn't work for Mystic Smash. He's going to need a charge command if you want to give him a teleport.

I agree with the posts regarding the designs of the old Marvel characters. It's very jarring that all of the newcomers are implemented so accurately whereas guys like Iron Man, Doom, Magneto, Sentinel, and Shuma have virtually nothing in common with their comic book counterparts. It's as if Capcom looked at a picture or two of those characters and created an entirely fictitious move set around what they thought they should play like. Conversely, it's clear that a lot of effort went into designing the newer characters.
Make his command grab HCB.S. Multiple command throw versions are largely pointless.

JeTmAn81

I did the same exact thing except I did it when Nova got leaked. I was like "THIS DUDE LOOKS SICK I MUST KNOW MORE"

In the comics Nova used some blue energy thing to contain people, I thought that could be in the game as a Hyper Grav sort of move.

There's been times where Nova has been all like "no, fuck you Worldmind, give me ALLLL the power of the Nova force, I don't care who else is using it.". Maybe that could be done like a Devil Trigger type of super.

iY4wODctJiasM.jpg

So good.

Is he fighting Thor there? Lol.

Since Shuma is my boy, I gotta do this right.

• Shuma's airdash changed from 38(7) to 45(5), distance doubled.
  • Shuma's minimum airdash height reduced by 1 frame
  • Mystic Smash is throw-invincible
  • Mystic Ray is now a DP motion, Air OK
  • Air Mystic Ray is the grounded M version in 3 directions
  • Mystic Stare persists if Shuma is hit
  • Mystic Stare assist leaves bombs
  • Teleport added, down charge motion: 18/-/10, teleports near a corner based on the button pressed(LMHS)
  • Taunt animation removed from Chaos Dimension, Shuma is free to move immediately
  • all gaze attacks do damage as meter reduction
  • Finally, increase his size by 25-50%!

mCIg9.jpg

fQfC2.png

Sz2yj.png

Shuma-Gorath now has a teleport - he appears at maximum normal jump height either in front, on top of, or behind the opposing character - RDP motion.

EWW, I hate that everybody has the same teleports :-(

No I just mean the whole tracking above/in front/behind thing.
Well, Shuma-Gorath is not the kind of character that would benefit from screen-relative teleports. Personally, I'd prefer Dormammu's teleports to have Deadpool's positioning. ;-) Besides, teleporting above someone right into j.S would be very satisfying.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm prepping my new and improved stream setup for a test run. I'll be streaming a Marvel lobby (Xbox) from the following URL after a quick computer restart:

http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive/

Get on Live and join my lobby if you like. Same region (I'm in USA), Any rank. I'll only be sitting in there as a spectator, obviously. And I'm pretty much going to leave this up for several hours unsupervised as I go about my other business, so just search for me instead of sending me messages 'cause I won't be able to answer them. I'm checking to see if my setup can handle a long run without any major kinks.

Well, Shuma-Gorath is not the kind of character that would benefit from screen-relative teleports. Personally, I'd prefer Dormammu's teleports to have Deadpool's positioning. ;-) Besides, teleporting above someone right into j.S would be very satisfying.

You could still do that in the corner! I was thinking more for just getting way out there and spamming lasers and smash. He has an airdash and wavedash to get in, not like he needs tracking teleports.

You could still do that in the corner! I was thinking more for just getting way out there and spamming lasers and smash. He has an airdash and wavedash to get in, not like he needs tracking teleports.
Dante has all those, too.

Mystic Ray deals like 6000 in chip. You're not killing anything by "spamming" lasers, and even if you make Mystic Smash un-throwable, it still has a tiny hitbox that loses to everything.

I don't care how the teleports work because he's not getting a revamp.

Chavelo

I'm prepping my new and improved stream setup for a test run. I'll be streaming a Marvel lobby (Xbox) from the following URL after a quick computer restart:

http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive/

Get on Live and join my lobby if you like. Same region (I'm in USA), Any rank. I'll only be sitting in there as a spectator, obviously. And I'm pretty much going to leave this up for several hours unsupervised as I go about my other business, so just search for me instead of sending me messages 'cause I won't be able to answer them. I'm checking to see if my setup can handle a long run without any major kinks.

Awww man. Why did you have to do this while I'm at work? D:

Bizazedo

Funny story. I was going to pick Nova anyways because just looking at his intro video, he looked like my type of character (straight forward, fast, painful), but it also helped a lot that his Nova Force damage to DHC into was only slightly less than Gamma Crush for my vanilla team :).

I've checked in on it twice and haven't seen anyone playing.

Yeah it's hard to get people into empty lobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom