• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys if you were running Hulk/Iron Man/X, what anchor would you use? Maybe drones or hidden missiles? I had this fun idea in my mind of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark finding a beat up Sentinel, programming it to be a good guy, and fighting the bad guys. Think I might just run with that.

hey guys if you were running Hulk/Iron Man/X, what anchor would you use? Maybe drones or hidden missiles? I had this fun idea in my mind of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark finding a beat up Sentinel, programming it to be a good guy, and fighting the bad guys. Think I might just run with that.
Sentinel is the best choice for that team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hulk practically needs drones, Iron is almost usable with drones.

Also the idea of them finding a broken Sent and fixing it up is hilarious.

It's like finding a puppy!

Yea theres this guy named Joker who does Magneto/Ironman/Sentinel and dose really awesome stuff when Magneto is gone. I really like how he uses Repulsor instead of Unibeam for an assist also. I wonder if that would help out Hulk with some of his anti-keepaway problems.

Horizontal coverage helps puny Banner a lot more than vertical. Lockdown from drones helps Hulk smash too and easier conversions.

Yea it covers the gamma charges better it seems like.

Solune

...Ok, I really suck at getting damage out of Zero. Most I can get is around 500k and that's with assists >__>

What's a good tutorial for lightning loops? I'm probably going to have to learn those if I really want that sub team with Zero :/

What are your assists for Zero?

I don't think Hulk needs drones, but it is a match made in heaven on par with Magneto/Drones. Iron Man is one of the best turtles in the game when backed by drones.

The best way to fix Shuma is this:

X9xk5.jpg

Dahbomb

Yes I would 100% although there is merit in picking even smart bombs for hulk throw pick ups and easy mode tods. Would depend on the match ups which will dictate which assist to pick. Both those characters can take huge advantage of repulsar.

Gonna try picking this game up again.

I like Morrigan and Phoenix, so I want to use those two. Right now I'm playing around with Hulk as well, but I'm thinking about trying so others. Third character would be on point, with Morrigan playing battery and Phoenix playing mindfuck.

I'm really ass at just even controlling my characters right now. What's the best way to get past this, playing around in Training, Arcade, or online?

I play on PSN, so if anyone wants to kick me around while I get frustrated with trying to improve feel free to add me.

I like Morrigan and Phoenix, so I want to use those two. Right now I'm playing around with Hulk as well, but I'm thinking about trying so others. Third character would be on point, with Morrigan playing battery and Phoenix playing mindfuck.

I'm really ass at just even controlling my characters right now. What's the best way to get past this, playing around in Training, Arcade, or online?

I play on PSN, so if anyone wants to kick me around while I get frustrated with trying to improve feel free to add me.
Your third should be someone who can play without assists so you can call Dark Harmonizer a lot, but also doesn't need meter to survive. My top recommendations:
Trish
Dormammu
Zero
Rocket Raccoon

Decent, but not great, options:
Deadpool
Taskmaster
Hawkeye
Viewtiful Joe
MODOK
Dr. Doom
Dante

There's a PSN/XBL listing in the OT. Are you wired?

Dahbomb

Hulk, Morrigan, Phoenix is legit. Hulk on, point just spam the assist while throwing put st.h or j.s. They have to rush you and it's not easy to rush hulk on his terms.

Hulk, Morrigan, Phoenix is legit. Hulk on, point just spam the assist while throwing put st.h or j.s. They have to rush you and it's not easy to rush hulk on his terms.
You need to be able to do more than just get 5 bars these days, though. Your point character needs to at least kill a character. 3 characters tends to be too much work just for Dark Phoenix to take care of. Ideally, you make your opponent struggle and have to spend meter, or burn X-Factor. Hulk might be able to nigh guarantee 5 bars with careful play, but he's not going to scare anyone, either.

Your third should be someone who can play without assists so you can call Dark Harmonizer a lot, but also doesn't need meter to survive. My top recommendations:
Trish
Dormammu
Zero
Rocket Raccoon

Decent, but not great, options:
Deadpool
Taskmaster
Hawkeye
Viewtiful Joe
MODOK
Dr. Doom
Dante

There's a PSN/XBL listing in the OT. Are you wired?

Yea, I'm wired.

Back when Ultimate first dropped I was thinking of using Doom, Morrigan, and Phoenix. Of course, I didn't actually play back then so that didn't come to anything.

That's what I'm hoping, but I'm still free so I can't really tell

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
In general, I still like Morrigan/X/Phoenix over X/Morrigan/Phoenix. You're basically playing a point character with no assist in the second configuration.

In general, I still like Morrigan/X/Phoenix over X/Morrigan/Phoenix. You're basically playing a point character with no assist in the second configuration.
It's pretty easy to just survive with Dark Harmonizer for a lot of characters. I very, very rarely am not able to get 5 bars just by superjumping around with Firebrand and then using a combination of his aerial movement to slip around. With Dormammu, I can just superjump over and over and then teleport as soon as my opponent comes after me. I only miss 5 bars sometimes because I get bored and want to attack, haha.

Yes I would 100% although there is merit in picking even smart bombs for hulk throw pick ups and easy mode tods. Would depend on the match ups which will dictate which assist to pick. Both those characters can take huge advantage of repulsar.

If i've got an incoming character, would it be better for me to be using Unibeam or Repulsor as the assist?

I feel like your guys are kinda thinking about Repulsor as something similar to Haggar assist?

Azure J

Why is Magneto so much hype to learn? I'm trying to master his basic Magnetic Blast loop and OMG, I haven't felt this excited to learn someone since I first got bold cancels down with Dante.

One of my favorite things about Hidden Missiles is being able to call another assist immediately after the last missile hits. Can't do that with many other assists.

Yea Hulk and Sentinel are one cheap combo. Drones making gamma charges safe is pretty scary. It's all about timing for you and your opponent, watch out for beam supers and grab attacks though. Although a good push blocker can still give you a lot of trouble. No body ever seems to push block gamma charges because they would rather block it and punish you afterward. Therefor not a lot of people know to push block it on the last hit only. Then again I imagine even if you screwed up and decided to Gamma Crush to see if you could bait your opponent into a hit and they block that Hyper Sentinel force would make you safe and back into a normal state.

I like Haggar on that team since pretty much everything Haggar does is safe. Pretty much everything Hulk does is unsafe, and since you have no assists you'll have to be careful.

I've seen a good Hulk+Repulsor Blast from this guy Wandles, but he also has an OTG assist for combos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHiTBVX5pw

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
even if you make Mystic Smash un-throwable, it still has a tiny hitbox that loses to everything.

But karst if you increased his character size by 25-50% the move wouldn't have a tiny hitbox anymore as it's in relation to his body size :p *It would still lose to everything but I guess there would be less time to react vs it x.x/

But karst if you increased his character size by 25-50% the move wouldn't have a tiny hitbox anymore as it's in relation to his body size :p
If you increase his character size, he also won't fall out of Purification -> Chaotic Flame, so I will not be arguing against that change! Haha. I hate having to Dark Dimension Shuma-Gorath even when he only has 200K life.

JeTmAn81

It's pretty easy to just survive with Dark Harmonizer for a lot of characters. I very, very rarely am not able to get 5 bars just by superjumping around with Firebrand and then using a combination of his aerial movement to slip around. With Dormammu, I can just superjump over and over and then teleport as soon as my opponent comes after me. I only miss 5 bars sometimes because I get bored and want to attack, haha.

This sounds infuriating. I can see why you don't like playing against Vajra assist, though.

What I dislike Vajra is how much it gives you for so very little effort. I'm generally in favor of increasing skill requirements in this game. Vajra gives characters like Wesker a huge benefit for almost no cost, and the rewards are just too great. If you compare it to my Dormammu example above, yeah, I can delay while building 5 bars, but do you know how goddamn hard I'm working for that? I'm playing an assist-less game and have to be on the tip of my toes every second. I would much prefer a game where we have strong combinations built off of fast thinking and reflexes than tridash H spam, teleport Vajra, beam teleports, etc.

If the screen stayed zoomed out, and Strider said something while teleporting, I would be much less irritated by Vajra. One of the things that people rarely say about Dormammu that I think help keeps him balanced is that "BEWARE!" every time he teleports. If Dante and Vergil said something while teleporting, I'd be less inclined to be annoyed by them. Wesker and Phoenix say their line after the teleport, so it doesn't help - haha.

Frantic

Vergil says "here I am" every time he teleports even off of his Rising Sun -> Trick down teleport.
One thing I recently learned is that he says "Here I am" before he teleports for his L teleport, and "Here I am" after he teleports for his M and H teleport.

Now there is an audio cue to go along with the visual cue to Vergil's teleport. :p

Vergil says "here I am" every time he teleports even off of his Rising Sun -> Trick down teleport.
It's said really low, and he says it after the teleport. Dormammu says "BEWARE!" very loudly and as his teleport starts. It's like Wesker. Yeah, something gets said, but it's background noise. Phoenix and Dr. Strange have the right volume control. I dig that Wesker and Vergil are being more taunting/creepy by whispering it, but it's not loud enough for me to make out.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
One thing I recently learned is that he says "Here I am" before he teleports for his L teleport, and "Here I am" after he teleports for his M and H teleport.

Now there is an audio cue to go along with the visual cue to Vergil's teleport. :p
I think its easy to just look at the way the disappeary lines thing goes. I'm glad Champ exposed that. It's really not that hard to block once you know what's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom