• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is wise for now. You decided on Wesker/X-23, and my advice for you being new is to slap a good projectile on that team for teleport cross-ups. So either run Hawkeye, Chris, or Dr. Doom. Of the three, Dr. Doom is definitely the most difficult to use. I think Hawkeye and Chris are both pretty simple characters.

Sweet! I was kinda hoping for an excuse to put Hawkeye on my team. ;) So I imagine my order should be X-23/Wesker/Hawkeye so I can use Wesker's OTG assist? Or should I put Wesker first so I can use X-23's ankle slice?

Kioshen

Of your opponent has Dormammu on anchor, it's simply a rule that you need to save X-Factor to turtle through his level 3 X-Factor. If he's throwing a lot of Purifications out there, you need to do ground dashes canceled into crouching blocks to approach, and take it slow. When Amaterasu is in XF3, switch to the Glaive. It's pretty hard to hit Dormammu with the disk in 1v1 if he's being very defensive, but the Glaive has much better reach and can even hit from around superjump height. You can also use the Rosary Beads, but only if you're good at swapping to other weapons mid-combo so your hits can hurt. If Dormammu is throwing Stalking Flare for you block as your character comes in, it's a blessing - Dormammu has full-on unblockables against Frank West coming in that guarantee his death. Be glad your friend doesn't know them. ;-)

Thanks for the tips ! I'll try this approach next time we do a lobby. For the unblockable do you mean against Ammy because he's the one playing Frank ? If it's simple to explain can you elaborate on it so I can watch out for it ?

Sweet! I was kinda hoping for an excuse to put Hawkeye on my team. ;) So I imagine my order should be X-23/Wesker/Hawkeye so I can use Wesker's OTG assist? Or should I put Wesker first so I can use X-23's ankle slice?
I think you have the right team order for your level of play. There are definitely arguments for anchor X-23 to abuse her level 3 death loops, or Wesker so you have XF4 Wesker, but from what I've read, it's far more important for you play with a team that is solid overall than going for gimmick strategies.

Thanks for the tips ! I'll try this approach next time we do a lobby. For the unblockable do you mean against Ammy because he's the one playing Frank ? If it's simple to explain can you elaborate on it so I can watch out for it ?
Whoops! Ignore the Frank part. I honestly just wasn't thinking straight. In general, it's just Dormammu laying a Flame Carpet against the incoming character and trying to make him/her fall into it while hitting with an aerial attack. Flame Carpet always hits low, even against aerial opponents, since it brings them to the ground. Against characters with no air mobility, Dormammu kills them for free in XF3.

Solune

shoutouts to winning five in a row online in ranked

no one's stronger thank hulk
Haha part of the reason I was so salty yesterday was because of Proto(I know you're reading) and Fraudulent Hulk wins feel so good lol.
this is alizee. in fact i've used nothing but her since i signed on to neogaf. so while i changed my old one it still keeps the theme going.
i dislike it when people change their avatars just for the hell of it. i've actually been wanting to change it for a while. it was either this or this pic.

http://i.imgur.com/ZbuIg.jpg

i'm waiting to see if the guys from the avatar request thread can make it look good since i suck at sharpening pics.

=(. If I changed my av to a Princess Resurrection one would you love me again?

Also that pic does look pretty good.

smurfx

get some go again
=(. If I changed my av to a Princess Resurrection one would you love me again?

Also that pic does look pretty good.
i know you by name not avatar so i'm not mad at you. :p your avatar now is good too. although princess resurrection is one of my fav mangas so i wouldn't mind.

btw since i don't think clockw0rk is going to use this avatar does anybody want it?

5Lqt8.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
rush him down? his standing H can cut the distance quite fast. plus i also have shield skills and sharp sting. i used to make the mistake of trying to out zone hawkeye with task and paid the price.

Rush him down? Taskmaster is slow as hell.

Shield skills won't go all the way through a string of arrows, you'd still be hit.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think you have the right team order for your level of play. There are definitely arguments for anchor X-23 to abuse her level 3 death loops, or Wesker so you have XF4 Wesker, but from what I've read, it's far more important for you play with a team that is solid overall than going for gimmick strategies.

Schweet. Thanks for all the help dude.

smurfx

get some go again
Rush him down? Taskmaster is slow as hell.

Shield skills won't go all the way through a string of arrows, you'd still be hit.
he's not that slow. also i wouldn't be using shield skills till i'm close enough to stuff anything he can throw. honzo gonzo is the one who taught me how to approach hawkeye with task thanks to our matches. task vs hawk/task is such a pain in the ass though. even if its task/hawk vs hawk/task its still in favor of hawkeye.

Tobe

holy shit smurf changed his avatar.
btw smurf how about one ft10 every day (or every day we can) seriously i got to level up.

also anyone else in marvel gaf gonna play P4A?

smurfx

get some go again
btw smurf how about one ft10 every day (or every day we can) seriously i got to level up.

well if your connection isn't ass that day and you are on the same time as me then sure.

My favorite character is a charge character, which took me from interested to "eh". I look forward to watching people play on stream though, it looks fun.

smurfx

get some go again
gotta hold that ass connection :(
are people using the internet at your house when we play sometimes? because sometimes it isn't too bad but sometimes its crappy. i can tell when its going to be bad because the lag bars keep moving.

Tobe

are people using the internet at your house when we play sometimes? because sometimes it isn't too bad but sometimes its crappy. i can tell when its going to be bad because the lag bars keep moving.

hum never im the sole users of internet in my household, tho when its moving its because sometimes i forget to turn steam or something of on the pc. usually mid match i figure that and turn everything off.

Azure J

My favorite character is a charge character, which took me from interested to "eh". I look forward to watching people play on stream though, it looks fun.

Mitsuru?

I still don't know who I want to pick up. IIRC, Mitsuru is supposed to be the lost daughter of Sparda (dem pokes, Summoned Icicles) but has charge moves everywhere, Chie is fucking wiiiiild from what I saw on TheBrett's stream and Elizabeth has funny sprites. I don't know enough of Persona itself to pick characters I like, so I'll just go based on what gets me most out of these three. If all else fails, I'd go bland and play Yu.

Mitsuru?

I still don't know who I want to pick up. IIRC, Mitsuru is supposed to be the lost daughter of Sparda (dem pokes, Summoned Icicles) but has charge moves everywhere, Chie is fucking wiiiiild from what I saw on TheBrett's stream and Elizabeth has funny sprites. I don't know enough of Persona itself to pick characters I like, so I'll just go based on what gets me most out of these three. If all else fails, I'd go bland and play Yu.
Yeah, Mitsuru. I love her fighting style and aesthetics (I'm all about the aesthetics). I just can't play charge characters for crap.

Azure J

Yeah, Mitsuru. I love her fighting style and aesthetics (I'm all about the aesthetics). I just can't play charge characters for crap.

I know what you mean about aesthetics. There are three things that get me to play a character in any combat oriented big roster game, aesthetic, a cool looking jumping overhead or "quirk factor". All three don't necessarily have to be present but when they're all there, I gravitate towards them pretty hard.

Going down my list of "mains" (Marth (Smash), Makoto (SF), Dante (Marvel), Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)) it's very easy to see this pattern. :lol

Frantic

If I decide to pick up P4A, I'd probably main Mitsuru even though I suck with charge characters.

If they were to ever add Demi-Fiend as DLC, I'd definitely buy the game, though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I am most definitely not getting P4A; not a fan of sprite-based games. I am this close to pre-ordering DOA5 though, as I've always been a fan of that series.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
No he actually rage quit against me lol.

Basically he messaged me afterwards and was complaining that I did arrows all day and listed a bunch of things I could have done instead. "his slide with H is the best in the game" "jumping H is a good anti-air". No duh. What this guy didn't understand was that he was using Cap and Sent who can't get in, so I really have no reason to use any of those.

This guy's trying to teach me Hawkeye when it seems like I'm the one who should be teaching him. Gaaah.

Chavelo

If you have an XBOX, don't bother with P4A w/o local players.

And this is based on day 1 twitter messages, I assume?

Was going to get the game on PS3 in the first place, but there's always patches/we still have two weeks until the game comes out

kirblar

And this is based on day 1 twitter messages, I assume?
If the players in Japan are having issues with the netcode, that's a really bad sign. (And Atlus doesn't have the best code to begin with.) Better to wait a few days rather than blow $60 day 1, imo.

Tobe

If the players in Japan are having issues with the netcode, that's a really bad sign. (And Atlus doesn't have the best code to begin with.) Better to wait a few days rather than blow $60 day 1, imo.

the thing is if they are using arcs network then maybe its something like bb where the first weeks was ass but then fixed, then again if they are using atlus then thats the problem.

Chavelo

Atlus didn't develop the game, though. ASW made it, and just take a look at BB's online code for reference.

Also, I usually get online after like a month-long session of training mode and offline matches with the offline crew, so whatevs.

But enough ASW talk. I don't want the residential ASW hater to get grumpy. :3

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you have an XBOX, don't bother with P4A w/o local players.

I'd like to note that BlazBlue's netcode (both CT and CS) were abysmal in the days leading up to release and a day or two after release, resulting in an outcry from the community. There was a patch a few days after release that pretty much fixed everything. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom