• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
you guys never see basicsausage play? he runs PW/rocket as well. once PW gets going its really hard to stop him. although taskmaster destroys PW.

Bizazedo

Also, I need to play you and Biz again sometime. Keep seeing you and Biz talking about your matches, and it makes me realize I need to get some in sometime. I bet I'm really rusty, heh.

Definitely. My Vergil is still balls, btw, but I'm curious to see how / if it changes how our games go.

It wasn't til last night against Sasa that I could honestly say I was using his assist "properly", I was still playing one man army a lot. And even then I had lapses.

Zero spoils ya :(.

As Smurf alluded to, obviously you'll have to initiate / yell when :).

Frantic

Definitely. My Vergil is still balls, btw, but I'm curious to see how / if it changes how our games go.
Should be interesting to see, especially now that I have Trish second instead of Vergil. I've found my Trish puts in a lot of work against other people's Novas, so I'm curious to see how I do against yours.

Bizazedo

Should be interesting to see, especially now that I have Trish second instead of Vergil. I've found my Trish puts in a lot of work against other people's Novas, so I'm curious to see how I do against yours.

Awesome :).

Trish is also hard to fight with Zero, too, so who knows.

I still think my Nova is my most effective character, though, which probably reflects badly on me since I also have Zero and Vergil now. At least I have a rapidly expiring excuse with Vergil, though.

Anth0ny

Fuck, I really wish they didn't nerf Wright's invincible assist. He would not be in bottom tier. As time goes on, people are going to discover more and more practical ways to get him to turnabout mode, where he becomes a viable character.

Or you could pick Vergil.

Uncle AJ

Haha, yeah, I think he uses both at the same time in one special and one super, right?

He uses them in his throw animations too, gotta love stabbing someone's feet to the ground then popping a cap in their face.

Hater_54b3ee_2247830.gif

Fuck, I really wish they didn't nerf Wright's invincible assist. He would not be in bottom tier. As time goes on, people are going to discover more and more practical ways to get him to turnabout mode, where he becomes a viable character.

The invincible assist is a sad gimmick. "Get em' Missile!" is a fantastic assist.

Honestly, getting into Turnabout mode isn't really hard. It's collecting the evidence before and using basic Wright to fight is the hard part. Landing objection is never the hard part. You can combo it, TAC it, OTG assist, and just spamming it works surprisingly well. Even once your in Turnabout victory is surely not guaranteed. Like Smurfx said some characters still have a huge advantage Turnabout or not. Taskmaster, Hawkeye and definitly Skrull. (Command Grab half screen turns Maya shield meaningless and Skrull's teleport punch attack is extremely hard to punsih) Turnabout does lead to easy full character death is Wright can land a solid hit and with assists to create some easy unblockables can be quite scary.

If anybody wants to play I'm jumping on now.

Bizazedo

I'll have to take y'on sometime when I move my ethernet cable from the 360 back to the Ps3, Slasher.

Need some of that Wright action.

Can y'add me in the meantime? Bizazedo.

Azure J

Question to all the Zero/Dante players, how in the world do you all get that Raikousen while Jam Session is locking them down on the third relaunch? I'm screwing around with the duo again and from the moment I first tried them until now, I'm at a complete loss regarding how that works.

Also, as a followup question, after that it would be release buster - Sentsuizan M/H - hyper if I wasn't going into lightning loops, right?

JeTmAn81

Question to all the Zero/Dante players, how in the world do you all get that Raikousen while Jam Session is locking them down on the third relaunch? I'm screwing around with the duo again and from the moment I first tried them until now, I'm at a complete loss regarding how that works.

This is something I've been wondering about. I've found the timing on that pretty difficult when practicing Zero May Cry. I think usually you want to wait as long as possible after calling Dante before hitting s.S to launch them. I usually end up going for the H lightning because I tend to miss with the M lightning.

Also, as a followup question, after that it would be release buster - Sentsuizan M/H - hyper if I wasn't going into lightning loops, right?

If you're just going into Rekkoha, I think it's pretty common to do the M or maybe H version of his divekick move (not the lightning) for a hard knockdown into landing and Rekkoha.

Solune

After your third Sentsuizan > Buster > Lightning.
Mash Dante, Launcher > Raikousen M (delay) xx Buster > Sentsuizan/Raikousen L

Azure J

After your third Raikousen > Buster > Lightning.
Mash Dante, Launcher > Raikousen M (delay) xx Buster > Sentsuizan/Raikousen L

Cool stuff, thanks. Right now, I'm messing with my Phoenix team again and wanted to find out what makes Zero/Dante as high damage as it is. I feel like I'll be bouncing between Dante/Felicia/Phoenix and Zero/Dante/Phoenix for this so I gotta explore what makes them both tick.

Solune

Cool stuff, thanks. Right now, I'm messing with my Phoenix team again and wanted to find out what makes Zero/Dante as high damage as it is. I feel like I'll be bouncing between Dante/Felicia/Phoenix and Zero/Dante/Phoenix for this so I gotta explore what makes them both tick.

Fixed my original notation :lol. Also I found out that Zero can do a third relaunch by himself... That means Zero can do 1.1m by himself with Lightning Loops.

Hulk/Im/Sent is too much fun, definitely gonna stick with it. I've jumped between unibeam and repulsar a lot, and i think it might even come down to what matchup i'm against. However, Repulsar is really helping me against Zero/Magneto/Wolverine and all those other guys that kinda need to dive at you since Hulk can eat a lot of chip damage.

My biggest concern though has gotta be....COLOR SYNERGY. Should I go blue hulk/blue ironman/kinda blue sent or maybe like something red hulk/red iron man/black sent? Too many people use black sent though he does look awesome :((((((((. grey hulk/grey IM/grey sent is too zombie for me haha.
639px-Colors25.JPG

639px-Colors21.JPG

639px-Colors46.jpg

Azure J

Links? I'd love to see it

I'm trying to find it in the footage and timestamp it, but if you can help find it, that'd be great. It's in this chunk in the first part while Aquasilk & Chris Hu are talking on the mic.

Edit: It's at 40 minutes into the video. Winrich (with all three characters available) rawtags Vergil out to Strider does it and Wesker goes all watchman on the scene. I'm wondering if he's doing something Kubota related to trigger it?

Speaking of color synergy, Dante 3/Dormammu 6/Magneto 2 is so fucking cool in a Jordan Aqua 8s kinda way. [/old school sneakerfiend]

Hulk/Im/Sent is too much fun, definitely gonna stick with it. I've jumped between unibeam and repulsar a lot, and i think it might even come down to what matchup i'm against. However, Repulsar is really helping me against Zero/Magneto/Wolverine and all those other guys that kinda need to dive at you since Hulk can eat a lot of chip damage.
I'm an original colors kind of guy. I think swapping assists based on matchup is a healthy attitude.

Red Hulk/White Sentinel/Blue Iron Man

AMERICA

Speaking of colors, Akuma has the shittiest color selections, right up there with Wesker.
This would also look good. And Wesker at least has white now.

Default Joe/Red Wesker/Red Akuma

The team color is absolutely atrocious, but I refuse to wear all black because it's far too easy to do with that team. I'll probably relent sooner or later, though.

I really wish they would've given Akuma his white gi in this game though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
All White
AB3Q5.jpg
ukCcm.jpg
CfK3v.jpg

If Morrigan's casual friday alternate had her black pants, I would have considered switching out her white costume for that one.

In Vanilla, I used all black, plus Morrigan's blonde alt. I figured that once Ultimate rolled around, I'd go in the opposite direction since Morrigan's white costume is so smexy.

I think that Taskmaster has the worst colors. They're all hideous.

Azure J

Team 1 (White & Light):

AB3Q5.jpg
86WOC.jpg
86WOC.jpg

Team 2 (Favorite Colors - Red, Blue & Green):

J64jk.jpg
BOVqI.jpg
sNqXK.jpg

- or -

BOVqI.jpg
5EdNF.jpg
sNqXK.jpg

Team 3 (Dat Purple Stuff)

AB3Q5.jpg
RdRyy.jpg
7y4rX.jpg

BoF Dante is just so cool. There are times when I make teams based on following that alt color. Dante/Felicia/Amaterasu or Felicia/Dante/Strider are the strongest of the ones I've made with that in mind. At the same time, I'm very fond of following a Red/Blue/Green pattern with my teams. If only more characters had good greens like Dr. Doom's main outfit or royal blues a la Viper's shirt in her alt 4. :p

Solune

The hell? :lol

Notations, Solby pls
It's the same as doing the 3rd relaunch with Vergil, except well, without Vergil!

Basically after the second Sentsuizan xx Buster > Raikousen, If you charge immediately after the buster and do Launcher > sj.S, you should have enough time to charge for another Sentsuizan H xx Buster > Raikousen. You do have the delay the Launcher until the opponent is at the lowest height though.
Red Hulk/White Sentinel/Blue Iron Man

AMERICA

Speaking of colors, Akuma has the shittiest color selections, right up there with Wesker.

At least Akuma has Super Saiyan hair. Wesker just has shitty colors all around.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
In win screen order. Cause like that's when you see these pictures anyways.

ZCACb.jpg
KOyiH.jpg
3Dy5D.jpg

And if I ever decide to be an idiot and spend money to complete color synergy.

GpTNx.jpg
uPQv0.jpg
XBhjX.jpg

Gold ranger yo ugh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting from FGW thread:

In case you guys missed it, at 2:16:35 or so is what I think is MarlinPie's new Doom tech where he gets Photon Array to hit from both sides. It's essentially more damage than a Level 3 for only 2 meters. Just witness how much damage it does on Deadpool AND it allows him to combo afterwards. Fraud L is sick with it, and his entire set with Dom was great.

I'm assuming if MarlinPie says this is new, it must be new.

JeTmAn81

Cross-posting from FGW thread:

In case you guys missed it, at 2:16:35 or so is what I think is MarlinPie's new Doom tech where he gets Photon Array to hit from both sides. It's essentially more damage than a Level 3 for only 2 meters. Just witness how much damage it does on Deadpool AND it allows him to combo afterwards. Fraud L is sick with it, and his entire set with Dom was great.

I'm assuming if MarlinPie says this is new, it must be new.

I watched, but I don't really understand how he did whatever he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom