• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
ivcTx.jpg
zzOZq.jpg
cGWTn.jpg

I like it... Storm is my favorite character to play in all of marvel 3. However she doesn't really go with Zero all that well since there no point in DHC glitch or hail dhc now that Zero has loops. I play Dante/Storm/Sent against my friends who aren't so into fighting games just to screw around.

Mah dude lol! Ororo all day! Definitely my favorite character in Marvel period along with Spidey and Gambit.....THo, I do feel like I should be using Doom 2nd instead of Storm to really maximize Spidey.

And THo Storm's good and viable...but she could be much better. I really wish she did more dmg and built more meter in her combos, or maybe just have better combo potential?

Tho she does have the best DHC in the game among a bunch of other good things.

That team looks like it could infuriate easily with its DHC's and space control. Plus doesn't having Spiderman mean that any Storm combo after a DHC should result in unscaled damage on your combo due to the hold glitch? Lots of potential here. PLus Storm's assist can help with cornering folks (used it with MODOK a lot) and Spidey pressure in the corner can get irritating once you get them trapped there.

I like it.

Hmm, i haven't messed with the hold glitch at all. It works with web ball assist right?

If you don't mind, Could you explain how it fully works and or link a video of it?

rexor0717

Akuma. He had 2 bars, but I had the health lead and no meter, and I'm still not entirely comfortable with Akuma yet to risk going in with him. At least not with the game on the line like that.

I think Doom loses to Akuma. Those diagonal fireballs really cover the angles Doom has to move in.

Vergil questions:
1) When I do Stinger into Rapid Slash, it whiffs a lot - what gives?
2) The guide says that Rapid Slash is -3 in Devil Trigger, but it's actually positive on block at some ranges. Do we know how positive?

I don't really post here much cuz I don't play online (internet is ass), but I do play offline and I think I'm decent.

My main team.
Post all you want - there's no online-only monopoly here.

Leveling up Frankie West with Shuma feels so right
He's one of the best characters to level him up with, too.

I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks now and I like it, although I think I still prefer watching other people play. It's a definite improvement over lacking any strong point of reference while watching tourneys, though.

I'm borrowing the game from a friend and I'll have to give it back soon, but I'll pick up a copy of my own next week, so I just went ahead and added my name to the Google Doc.

I'll probably just keep lurking in this thread like I have been for a while, but I look forward to being mauled having fun matches with you all soon.

I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks now and I like it, although I think I still prefer watching other people play. It's a definite improvement over lacking any strong point of reference while watching tourneys, though.

I'm borrowing the game from a friend and I'll have to give it back soon, but I'll pick up a copy of my own next week, so I just went ahead and added my name to the Google Doc.

I'll probably just keep lurking in this thread like I have been for a while, but I look forward to being mauled having fun matches with you all soon.
Want to play right now? I need someone to practice Vergil on (I suck with him).

Though, I've figured out some sweet stuff I can do with Rapid Slash assist. :-D

I'm on if you want to play.

interesting.....i've been reading through Iron Man stuff and people seem to think he has the best TAC infinites. Is this true? Is this gonna put IM up a few tiers? It looks really hard to execute though.

interesting.....i've been reading through Iron Man stuff and people seem to think he has the best TAC infinites. Is this true? Is this gonna put IM up a few tiers? It looks really hard to execute though.
Iron Man TAC infinites seem easy to Iron Man players because they're Iron Man players. Even when they're tossed a half-eaten bone, it looks like steak to them.

Want to play right now? I need someone to practice Vergil on (I suck with him).

Though, I've figured out some sweet stuff I can do with Rapid Slash assist. :-D

I'm on if you want to play.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until just now. I'll be on in a few minutes, if you're still interested in playing we can go a few rounds.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
When you're reading combo notation, what does "xx" mean? For example, for X-23:

LMH xx qcb.L LMHS

I do the qcb.L right after the first three attacks but I can never get the next L to connect, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Vice

When you're reading combo notation, what does "xx" mean? For example, for X-23:

LMH xx qcb.L LMHS

I do the qcb.L right after the first three attacks but I can never get the next L to connect, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

I believe it means cancel. You don't hve yo wait for the H to end just hit qcb.l as soon as the hit connects.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I believe it means cancel. You don't hve yo wait for the H to end just hit qcb.l as soon as the hit connects.

OK yeah that's what I thought. I tried doing that but I'm still whiffing the L that comes afterwards. The timing on this thing is super finicky.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
OK yeah that's what I thought. I tried doing that but I'm still whiffing the L that comes afterwards. The timing on this thing is super finicky.

Yep. I've been playing X-23 for a long ass time but I never go for the feint cancel stuff, because I can't get it out consistently in training mode let alone online. Despite that, I still think she's a blast to play but it just really hurts when every character/team can TOD you by sneezing.

@SousedLouse:
GGs. I really need to learn how to do proper blockstrings with Vergil, because I kept getting pushblocked out and was just sitting there. I'm not used to not being able to cancel my normals into specials, so this was never a consideration before.

Not to be rude, but are you on wireless?

Edit: Oh, and I clearly need to learn some goddamn Spiral Swords combos. Every time I got you in them I thought "Um, I see people use Lunar Phase at some point so...c.H, c.H...LUNAR PHASE!...done."

Edit2: Just got your message. The PSN chat was bugging out for me too. No worries.

Edit3: Oh yeah, and Dark Angel is now my favorite level 3. I've never used Vergil before, but goddamn it feels badass to land that thing.

GGs Karsticles.

Not to be rude, but are you on wireless?

No, that's a fair question because of the weird connection issues.

I use a wired connection for my PS3. But my ISP is Comcast, and Comcast is, well, ass. So the weird bouts of lag and the disconnect during the first set was from my end, and I'm sorry about that. I'll handle that stuff later.

I really need to learn how to do proper blockstrings with Vergil, because I kept getting pushblocked out and was just sitting there. I'm not used to not being able to cancel my normals into specials, so this was never a consideration before.

I noticed that, too; honestly, that was the only reason I was able to hang on for as long as I did during most of out matches. And as soon as Vergil's out, your Dorm generally just cleaned up.

I had fun though! And I think I'm finally (barely) figuring out how to call assists outside of panic attacks, so all in all I think I learned quite a bit. I'm going to have to force myself to learn how to play with the characters that have the assists I need, though; playing characters with similar assists just doesn't seem to cut it for me, at least for now. Thanks for the matches.

Edit:
Edit: Oh, and I clearly need to learn some goddamn Spiral Swords combos. Every time I got you in them I thought "Um, I see people use Lunar Phase at some point so...c.H, c.H...LUNAR PHASE!...done."

Wait, there's more to it than that without assists? Maybe I should take notes on Vergil specifically.

Dahbomb, I need your advice on blockstrings - I've already learned that I can't LMHS with this guy unless I'm willing to spend meter to cancel the whiff. Should I just go for either LH or MH into Stinger blockstrings, and use the third button to keep Round Trip ready?

I found some nasty synergy between him and Dormammu just now, though.

No, that's a fair question because of the weird connection issues.

I use a wired connection for my PS3. But my ISP is Comcast, and Comcast is, well, ass. So the weird bouts of lag and the disconnect during the first set was from my end, and I'm sorry about that. I'll handle that stuff later.
Really? I love Comcast, never had a problem. Where do you live?

I noticed that, too; honestly, that was the only reason I was able to hang on for as long as I did during most of out matches. And as soon as Vergil's out, your Dorm generally just cleaned up.
Probably have 10,000 matches with Dormammu by now, so don't feel bad. I've gotten to the point with him where I don't even think about what I'm doing anymore, it just comes out on its own.

I had fun though! And I think I'm finally (barely) figuring out how to call assists outside of panic attacks, so all in all I think I learned quite a bit. I'm going to have to force myself to learn how to play with the characters that have the assists I need, though; playing characters with similar assists just doesn't seem to cut it for me, at least for now. Thanks for the matches.
You switched around a lot in our matches. Can you tell me a bit about which of those teams you played out of a feeling of obligation, and which you want to use? I can tell you really like X-23, at least.

Wait, there's more to it than that without assists? Maybe I should take notes on Vergil specifically.
As long as Vergil has meter, he can loop Spiral Sword strings indefinitely. I don't know the inputs yet, though.

Really? I love Comcast, never had a problem. Where do you live?

In Florida. I don't know if it's my apartment or this part of town or what, but I always have occasional hiccups with my internet connection. It's been that way for as long as I've been here, and I don't remember much about Comcast before that point, so I'm only speaking from recent experience. I might have to call a technician or something.

Probably have 10,000 matches with Dormammu by now, so don't feel bad. I've gotten to the point with him where I don't even think about what I'm doing anymore, it just comes out on its own.

Oh, I knew I was in for it with your Dorm; I've read your thread(s?) over on SRK. Very thorough posts, by the way. Can't do anything in them worth a damn, but that's what practice is for. And knowing what Dorm is capable of makes fighting him somewhat easier to deal with.

You switched around a lot in our matches. Can you tell me a bit about which of those teams you played out of a feeling of obligation, and which you want to use? I can tell you really like X-23, at least.

The character I want to use most is Chris, alongside an assist that hits vertically and another that gets other characters off of him. I was thinking Chris/Haggar/Dormammu, but I can't get accustomed to Haggar or Dormammu. So I usually pair him up with Ammy for Cold Star and Dante for Jam Session. Doesn't work out so well, though.

I also like X-23 because of the speed of her normals, and because of her feint cancels; they remind me of the Real Bout series. However, I have no idea who to use with her. I feel like I need a quick OTG assist at least, and Wesker would be fine, except that I can't really get used to him either.

Outside of those two characters, I just pick characters that I do know how to use, try to select the assists that work best with one another and hope that it works out.

As long as Vergil has meter, he can loop Spiral Sword strings indefinitely. I don't know the inputs yet, though.

I see. You already use Dark Harmonizer, so that would work pretty well for you in the long run.

In Florida. I don't know if it's my apartment or this part of town or what, but I always have occasional hiccups with my internet connection. It's been that way for as long as I've been here, and I don't remember much about Comcast before that point, so I'm only speaking from recent experience. I might have to call a technician or something.
Interesting. The only other person I've ever met that disliked Comcast was also from Florida, so maybe there's something about the location.

Oh, I knew I was in for it with your Dorm; I've read your thread(s?) over on SRK. Very thorough posts, by the way. Can't do anything in them worth a damn, but that's what practice is for. And knowing what Dorm is capable of makes fighting him somewhat easier to deal with.
Ah, cool.

The character I want to use most is Chris, alongside an assist that hits vertically and another that gets other characters off of him. I was thinking Chris/Haggar/Dormammu, but I can't get accustomed to Haggar or Dormammu. So I usually pair him up with Ammy for Cold Star and Dante for Jam Session. Doesn't work out so well, though.
Have you tried Ye Olde Hidden Missiles? I don't think Chris needs a vertical assist, just something that forces you to respect the space around him, like Double Lariat or Repulsor Blast. Any other characters besides Chris that you like?

I also like X-23 because of the speed of her normals, and because of her feint cancels; they remind me of the Real Bout series. However, I have no idea who to use with her. I feel like I need a quick OTG assist at least, and Wesker would be fine, except that I can't really get used to him either.
Ah, well X-23 and Chris go well together. I say pick something that makes people hesitant to approach Chris and use that team of three.

I see. You already use Dark Harmonizer, so that would work pretty well for you in the long run.
Indeed, I hope so. I felt myself improving enormously between matches with Vergil. I still did a lot of stupid things, but I started to get a feel for his normals. I should stop mashing Helm Breaker so much while being comboed, haha.

Seeing for too many Zero players top and not so good ones still dropping corner carry combos or outright refusing to go for them and doing somewhat stupid shit like Rekkoha mid-screen.

So this one's for them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGVqTNjdlkk

Yea I've been doing side switch a lot more lately, but I've also still use corner carry because I can't lighting loop on 2p side. Lol so basically my goal is to get you into corner with me being on 1p side.

Karsticles: I just sent you a message on PSN. Hopefully I can finally find a good connection for an online opponent. (cross fingers)

P.S I've also seen Richard Nguyen do ABC, teleport dash, buster and connect that for the side switch. I've been able to do it like once in training mode w/o using assist. Some assist like Task Master make it super easy but w/o it still find it hard.

Interesting. The only other person I've ever met that disliked Comcast was also from Florida, so maybe there's something about the location.

I wouldn't be surprised. It seems like any company in Florida that isn't based in the state ends up being terrible compared to the versions that other states have.

Have you tried Ye Olde Hidden Missiles? I don't think Chris needs a vertical assist, just something that forces you to respect the space around him, like Double Lariat or Repulsor Blast.

Ah, I see. Something to give Chris breathing space, like proper zoning. That would free up an assist slot, too. I'll try out Hidden Missiles sometime soon; normally it throws me off as much as it does my opponent, but since I'd be keeping my distance with Chris anyway, it'd just pay pure benefits.

As for other characters that I like, I've been playing around with Spencer and Hawkeye. Both characters have something that can help Chris combo into his grenade launcher super. Hitting Gimlet on a standing opponent can lead straight into a clean hit for the freezing grenade, and Spencer has an assist that picks the opponent up and puts them an standing stun state, which serves the same purpose.
I also like Frank and Felicia, but the latter is way harder to use; she's like some weird amalgamation of her Hunter and Savior versions. That would be awesome, except that they gave all of her normals crazy amounts of push back, and now I'm stuck linking multiple Cat Spikes just to get in range for a launcher. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Indeed, I hope so. I felt myself improving enormously between matches with Vergil. I still did a lot of stupid things, but I started to get a feel for his normals. I should stop mashing Helm Breaker so much while being comboed, haha.

Looking back on out matches, I really should have stopped running into it when you'd use Helm Breaker after recovering in mid-air. I just couldn't keep myself from playing chicken, though; "I can just get close, block and then punish hi - aw - AWWWWW AWWWWW!"

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Yea I've been doing side switch a lot more lately, but I've also still use corner carry because I can't lighting loop on 2p side. Lol so basically my goal is to get you into corner with me being on 1p side.

Karsticles: I just sent you a message on PSN. Hopefully I can finally find a good connection for an online opponent. (cross fingers)

P.S I've also seen Richard Nguyen do ABC, teleport dash, buster and connect that for the side switch. I've been able to do it like once in training mode w/o using assist. Some assist like Task Master make it super easy but w/o it still find it hard.

Yeah used to see Freida do it all the time but it doesn't work on everyone with the same timing so IMO it's too much work.

Loads of people have been doing j.MM version for a long time too but I really don't like that, so I've been siting on the j.d+H version for a loooong time lol, just been too lazy to upload the vid.

So long as people are ending up in the corner I'm happy :p

FSLink

Banned

Yeah his Spiral Sword strings are pretty easy though. hold L, Helm Breaker->Helm Breaker->Round Trip->c.H->Dimensional Cut L->c.H->Spiral Swords then repeat. There's some corner variations as well involving Stinger->wait for opponent to cross up->release Round Trip and continue.

GGs Slasher. Highlight was when you XFC canceled the judge hyper for the kill. I didn't even know you could do that, lol.

Yea that was cool. I was a little surprised the fire in front didn't hurt me. I guess even though there are flames in front the hit box moves away from Dorm. I can't believe my Wesker's lvl3 hit your Dorm and Dorm flinched but Dorm's lvl3 still hit Wesker and I died. Good stuff and nice beggainer Vergil. My bro plays Vergil mad good and you were starting to make me feel like I was playing him lol. Stupid rapid slash messing up my perfect blocks.

And good games to you too Prototype! Captain America and Storm really are a good duo. Charging Star into Ice Storm does so much damage.

On the subject of team colors, I usually use this

FSXLl.jpg
Lynxl.jpg
vdQ37.jpg

but I can't also deny the badass synergy of

XCQA5.jpg
c3xDa.jpg
O3vhW.jpg

lol sitting here making jambalaya and a little bit tipsy on gin and trying to practice my team BnBs.

hulk=roughly 90% accuracy
sentinel=roughly 65% (damn flight cancels)
iron man=.....roughly 25%

son of a bitch is hard to pilot! but i am having way too much fun being able to have a strong assist character that i can change based on matchuip.

I'm actually trying to work out a way to make Sentinels Bomb Drones assist work out while using Beam on IM. Bomb drones has really done a great job of interrupting some people getting in on me, and provides like a rain cloud of interruption on an IM normal wiff.

Solune

Vergil questions:
1) When I do Stinger into Rapid Slash, it whiffs a lot - what gives?
2) The guide says that Rapid Slash is -3 in Devil Trigger, but it's actually positive on block at some ranges. Do we know how positive?
At what range are you doing Stinger into Rapid Slash? It actually whiffs if you are at point blank range in Devil Trigger or X-Factor 2-3.
Seeing for too many Zero players top and not so good ones still dropping corner carry combos or outright refusing to go for them and doing somewhat stupid shit like Rekkoha mid-screen.

So this one's for them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGVqTNjdlkk

Da best Zero theme. Since you're here Darkhadou I was lurking SRK forums but couldn't find a thread for it... What max damage combo do you use against small characters that drop out of Sentsuizan xx Buster > Raikousen relaunch?

Slasher and Ayo, I would appreciate any comments on my new team. I feel like even though I suck with Vergil, by god is it easier to win than with Firebrand, even with all the setups I had with him. Spiral Swords is fair and balanced.

GGs Ayo, I can see that you're improving. A few tips:
1) Taskmaster should be on Aim Master L in your Tron team. It's far too easy for me to just duck under Aim Master M and relax.

2) If you use Akuma, don't use the Tatsu from mid-screen. It's very punishable with a proper pushblock, and you don't get much off of it outside of corners. It's best to jump forward and j.H, then cancel into Tatsu L. This gives you an option select for air throws and then cancels into the high priority tatsu to get you in.

3) Don't use L attacks in your combos beyond the first hit unless it's absolutely necessary for the setup.

lol sitting here making jambalaya and a little bit tipsy on gin and trying to practice my team BnBs.

hulk=roughly 90% accuracy
sentinel=roughly 65% (damn flight cancels)
iron man=.....roughly 25%

son of a bitch is hard to pilot! but i am having way too much fun being able to have a strong assist character that i can change based on matchuip.

I'm actually trying to work out a way to make Sentinels Bomb Drones assist work out while using Beam on IM. Bomb drones has really done a great job of interrupting some people getting in on me, and provides like a rain cloud of interruption on an IM normal wiff.
You want the drones, trust me.

Yea that was cool. I was a little surprised the fire in front didn't hurt me. I guess even though there are flames in front the hit box moves away from Dorm. I can't believe my Wesker's lvl3 hit your Dorm and Dorm flinched but Dorm's lvl3 still hit Wesker and I died. Good stuff and nice beggainer Vergil. My bro plays Vergil mad good and you were starting to make me feel like I was playing him lol. Stupid rapid slash messing up my perfect blocks.
The surprise was not yours alone. :p

Hmm, maybe the hitbox does move away. I've always tried to explain how people could just superjump into the fire at some point. It's a good hypothesis. I had a moment of faux bravado against that Wesker level 3. You used it and I thought "Oh shit, does it beat Dark Dimension?" Then Dormammu won and my thought became "Bwahahaha, never challenge the Dark Lord!" Haha. Phoenix Wright still pisses me off the most on your team. Maya interrupts so many comes and I think "GOD DAMN IT THATS MY COMBO AND I EARNED IT!" It's even more maddening if you actually get a combo out of it. I'm overzealous and try to just beat the crap out of her shield too often.

Thank you on the Vergil compliment. He's really fun to play, but I have a bad habit of forgetting that I can't cancel my normals into specials on whiff and I also tend to get Judgment Cut instead of Rapid Slash sometimes - UMVC3's input reading is so bad. -_-

At what range are you doing Stinger into Rapid Slash? It actually whiffs if you are at point blank range in Devil Trigger or X-Factor 2-3.
Point blank, sometimes whiffing even outside of Devil Trigger. So should I be doing s.H to Rapid Slash instead?

Dahbomb

Bomb Drones is a great assist, too bad it's attached to a character with an even better assist.

And yea Iron Man is difficult to pilot so don't worry about that... just gotta grind it out.

Bomb Drones is a great assist, too bad it's attached to a character with an even better assist.

And yea Iron Man is difficult to pilot so don't worry about that... just gotta grind it out.
The thing I hate about the bombs is that they're screen-relative, not character-relative. So they frequently don't do what you need them to. If it were character-relative, I think they'd be a great "Get off me" assist.

hypernima

Banned
Slasher and Ayo, I would appreciate any comments on my new team. I feel like even though I suck with Vergil, by god is it easier to win than with Firebrand, even with all the setups I had with him. Spiral Swords is fair and balanced.

GGs Ayo, I can see that you're improving. A few tips:
1) Taskmaster should be on Aim Master L in your Tron team. It's far too easy for me to just duck under Aim Master M and relax.

2) If you use Akuma, don't use the Tatsu from mid-screen. It's very punishable with a proper pushblock, and you don't get much off of it outside of corners. It's best to jump forward and j.H, then cancel into Tatsu L. This gives you an option select for air throws and then cancels into the high priority tatsu to get you in.

3) Don't use L attacks in your combos beyond the first hit unless it's absolutely necessary for the setup.

Sorry for suddenly leaving, my friend was playing you with the dorm team, he's a lot better then me.

I'm too used to using Aim Master M as my anti for Zero, Gotta get used to adjust assists for teams.

Your Vergil is solid so far but you did drop a few things and I sniffed out when you'd teleport or do his crossup. For some reason I could never beat Vergil in a trade even though his normals are so slow. :\

Darkhadou

Neo Member

Da best Zero theme. Since you're here Darkhadou I was lurking SRK forums but couldn't find a thread for it... What max damage combo do you use against small characters that drop out of Sentsuizan xx Buster > Raikousen relaunch?

I don't do the Raikousen bit, L Hienkyaku then dash S to relaunch them. The only characters that drop out are Shuma and Ammy from the combo you mentioned and they're relatively easy to kill with lightning loop and or DHCing.

To do lightning loop on them you need to activate sougenmu BEFORE the Sentsuizan OTG, the clone will hit them then you can jump up Buster and do the rest of the lightning loop.

If you go through the videos on my channel www.youtube.com/darkhadoux it has pretty much every combo I use atm in Marvel.

Sorry for suddenly leaving, my friend was playing you with the dorm team, he's a lot better then me.

I'm too used to using Aim Master M as my anti for Zero, Gotta get used to adjust assists for teams.

Your Vergil is solid so far but you did drop a few things and I sniffed out when you'd teleport or do his crossup. For some reason I could never beat Vergil in a trade even though his normals are so slow. :\
Yeah, still working on my general execution with him. Sometimes I go into "WTF" mode and everything is coming out wrong, and I just make it worse - oi. Tends to happen with new characters, my brain is all fuzzy.

IMO, if you want to smack down Zero use Aim Master H. Very underrated assist with many uses.

No problem about the sudden leave. I thought it was weird that you had two totally different teams, and wondered if I inspired you to pick up Dormammu - lol.

Yeah, my offense is a bit predictable. I'm going to work on that. Our set was the first time I remembered to make regular use of Round Trip, haha. So a varied offense is a bit far off in my considerations.

You trade normals with Vergil because Tron's normals are also very slow!

Azure J

I don't do the Raikousen bit, L Hienkyaku then dash S to relaunch them. The only characters that drop out are Shuma and Ammy from the combo you mentioned and they're relatively easy to kill with lightning loop and or DHCing.

To do lightning loop on them you need to activate sougenmu BEFORE the Sentsuizan OTG, the clone will hit them then you can jump up Buster and do the rest of the lightning loop.

If you go through the videos on my channel www.youtube.com/darkhadoux it has pretty much every combo I use atm in Marvel.

Good stuff and glad to see you posting here. A lot of this stuff's going to help this pocket Zero I'm playing with.

Dahbomb

Vergil's normals aren't slow at all especially for their range.

His jabs are 5 frame and his st.H is decently fast for how long ranged it is.

Vergil's normals aren't slow at all especially for their range.

His jabs are 5 frame and his st.H is decently fast for how long ranged it is.
Dahbomb, I need your advice on blockstrings - I've already learned that I can't LMHS with this guy unless I'm willing to spend meter to cancel the whiff. Should I just go for either LH or MH into Stinger blockstrings, and use the third button to keep Round Trip ready?

hypernima

Banned
Yeah, still working on my general execution with him. Sometimes I go into "WTF" mode and everything is coming out wrong, and I just make it worse - oi. Tends to happen with new characters, my brain is all fuzzy.

IMO, if you want to smack down Zero use Aim Master H. Very underrated assist with many uses.

No problem about the sudden leave. I thought it was weird that you had two totally different teams, and wondered if I inspired you to pick up Dormammu - lol.

Yeah, my offense is a bit predictable. I'm going to work on that. Our set was the first time I remembered to make regular use of Round Trip, haha. So a varied offense is a bit far off in my considerations.

You trade normals with Vergil because Tron's normals are also very slow!

Well I meant vs task. My friend also played you with task on point, his Dorm is good but most of our circle just play casually and seek not to get to another, which of course is what I seek.

I need to learn how to master setups with Centurion Strike M and I need to learn a better Nova BnB, I feel like I just scratched the surface of him.

Slasher and Ayo, I would appreciate any comments on my new team.

Before the fight started I really expected on point Morrigan because if I recall you said you wanted to practice her at that spot so I was surprised when Vergil was first. I think Vergil does amazing at the anchor position when he has meter X-Factor or not, but I suppose having two meter heavy characters on point is best. Gotta save that meter for your Dorm. I think your Vergil is pretty good right now but can still be pushed for that AAA dominance. You did drop a couple of combo's that I don't think I should have fallen out of but that comes with the territory of a new character. Here's my two cents

1. Many times during our fights when I was stuck during Vergil's C+S normal loop I always managed to push block you back. This shouldn't really happen. As soon as you get pushed blocked once rapid slash you'll go right through it if I attempt a second push. It takes a couple of pushes to get you off completely.

2. I know Dorm's assist isn't the best assist on the planet, but I would try to figure out some way to incorporate into Vergil's game. It has a pretty good lockdown time so I'd imagine it could lead to some nasty setups. I would try to figure something out because your point Vergil doesn't have a beam or OTG assist and most good Vergils have at least one for guaranted heavy damage.

3. Don't forget Spiral Sword formations exist. Not a lot of Vergils online use these and thats just plain dumb. SS are more than just a safety net for a blocked combo and combo extender. The one that puts the swords above you is amazing. Anytime your in a situation you don't like you that one. Once it's activated, I can't attack you because I'll get hit if I try and Vergil can combo off almost anything.

4. I really liked your use of DT judgement cut zoning and meter gain with Morrigan assist. At the end you got back your bar you used going into DT. Not used that at all. DT Vergil is faster and a lot safer and more scary.

Dahbomb

Start with cr. L M H (hold down L as soon as you have pressed it) f+H S H Release L. If you have trouble switching buttons to maintain charge (you should always be charging) then there is no shame in starting a block string with M as that's a reasonably fast button for Vergil both standing and crouching. 9/10 Vergil players charge up the L button for Round Trip.

If you are worried about whiffing or being pushed blocked at odd times you might want to use block strings with cr.H. It's not as unsafe as most of his other big normals and the range on it makes it hard to punish.

Blockstrings are going to wary depending on how push block heavy the opponent is. Against someone who pushblocks even as early as the first 2 buttons you want to keep things as safe as possible with cr.L and cr.M followed by a JC after the push block.

Most of the time Vergil has a beam/projectile assist to help with his block string. He basically just does a block string and waits for the opponent to push block which is his cue for a teleport mix up.

Dahbomb

They aren't meter efficient or high damaging. Best time to use DT combos is with X factor. You really want to learn the SS loops, even the easier/basic ones are better than any regular DT combo. Starting out however I would do the Rapid Slash -> DT as it's basically just a regular BnB after it. Rapid Slash -> SS can lead to more damage but requires more practice to get down.

My alternative to SS loop is a basic BnB into reset situation if I can't kill. Otherwise it's just BnB into Dimension Slash hyper with possibly an assist extension somewhere in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom