• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks. Here was my original team:

4k5cT.jpg
BOVqI.jpg
zZgps.jpg

Here is my new team:

zZgps.jpg
nZUjR.jpg
bknR0.jpg

I don't really like any of Wesker/Hawkeye's alternate outfits. Not really sure why. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm a huge RE fanboy, so anything other than the "true canon" Wesker outfit is just plain wrong. WRONG I TELLS YA!

Wesker's Herald alt is the best costume in the game. T-1000 up in this

OTG'd with hidden missiles on point and cancelled into team super. Not sure if he dashed forward beforehand or just positioned himself as close to him as he could.

It just works in the corner without dashing. That said, it doesn't necessarily do more damage, with my team, it does less than at normal height. Unless your other super keep them in the middle of Doom, you only get the top beams, so its less damage. Also, I was hoping you could do solo resets with the OTG tech, but anything more than the initial missile is at least -5.

JeTmAn81

It just works in the corner without dashing. That said, it doesn't necessarily do more damage, with my team, it does less than at normal height. Unless your other super keep them in the middle of Doom, you only get the top beams, so its less damage. Also, I was hoping you could do solo resets with the OTG tech, but anything more than the initial missile is at least -5.

I wonder if it would work with Dante? Million Dollars tends to pin them in place at about what I would guess is Doom's midsection. Will have to try it when I get home. You just pretty much do one missile and then team hyper cancel?

I wonder if it would work with Dante? Million Dollars tends to pin them in place at about what I would guess is Doom's midsection. Will have to try it when I get home. You just pretty much do one missile and then team hyper cancel?

That's it. Just back H then slap the two assists.

Frantic

Dat synergy.
My team has a shit ton of color synergy, funnily enough. One reason why I like it so much, actually. In addition to the orange one from before, I have these options:

BOVqI.jpg
woAjp.jpg
wPGJK.jpg

v5vA3.jpg
YiMEn.jpg
h9Cgr.jpg

AB3Q5.jpg
iCuvW.jpg
86WOC.jpg

94uuA.jpg
Pk57g.jpg
M2JhZ.jpg

And, while not perfect, there is:
1H2wc.jpg
FGPUv.jpg
isU4Q.jpg

Which sort of matches. They're all colors that come from mixes of blue and red, at least.
I just need to buy Sparda Dante and Gloria Trish to actually have those options.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I could go with Purple Wesker to make it more coordinated. Because apparently that's what the pr0s around here do.

zZgps.jpg
dvoco.jpg
bknR0.jpg

Or go all black.

5ybg2.jpg
nZUjR.jpg
ivcTx.jpg

FChamp sure is using Doom/Sentinel/Dormammu a lot lately on FGTV.

I feel like a lot of people have renew faith in the robot. Since ECT4 where Fanatiq and Ray Ray both got top 3 the robot have been doing pretty decent. Of course Infrit at EVO really helped show that the robot still has it.

I myself have put the robot back on to one of my team.

Speaking of my teams...

J64jk.jpg
XFg8z.jpg
AB3Q5.jpg

J64jk.jpg
AB3Q5.jpg
YKZ86.jpg

Love using the 2nd team again because I can alternate between drones and jam session to get in and the both can be combo extender that allow me to hit 650+ before lighting loops and easily 950 to 1 mil plus if I hit the full loop.

Also random Shady K doing Doom TAC infinite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbwg5DCg9PI&feature=g-u-u

DD-11

okay at the moment:

another hulk/sent player! (i guess everybody uses sent with hulk?)

I had Doom in the sent spot for a while, but am giving Sent a try now. I think he works better with sent. I even briefly ran a team of Hulk, Sent, Doom. Being able to fire off drones immediately after hidden missiles was deadly while hulk smashing around.

Azure J

Just wondering, for all my teleporter/Strider players, how do you use the Vajra assist primarily? Watching Big Two and the Runback lately has made me wonder how to use it optimally for teleport mix ups. I usually try to use it sparingly for anti-air (seriously, people that take to the air are the bane of my Marvel playing existence, even more so if they have potent offense from the air) and one or two setups. Everything else is combo extension.

What do I need to know or keep in mind to use it properly for the mixup? Every time I've attempted it, Strider gets bopped or Dante gets tossed before anything can begin.

You just made me want to use Wesker...how dare you.

Real talk, if I had a Wesker team it would be Deadpool/Wesker/Strider, probably.

another hulk/sent player! (i guess everybody uses sent with hulk?)
They have as much synergy as Wolverine and Akuma, and take a quarter of the brain power/talent to use properly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like Haggar/Hulk/Sent is one of the most awesome teams in this game in terms of synergy and concept. The true Team Armor, made of brutes.

Azure J

I'm trying to work on a solo Dante reset off the dumbest little thing ever. Basically, at the end of any sequence that ends in a wallbouncing Stinger, I'd Bold Cancel into one Multilock shot and let it chill while they reorient themselves on the ground. Problem is, I'm at a loss on making it work beyond the age old teleport - dash j.M/H approach while the lone shot is still stationary.

Doom's infinite was just done against someone on FGTV for about 800K worth of damage. This will become standard practice.

Well, yeah. There's really not many reasons not to. Most of the cast has them, a lot of those have practical ones, and a few of those can do it off of multiple directions, and the ones that don't have Morrigan and Zero to set them up with the glitch. Characters like Magneto/Sentinel/Nova/Doom/Dorm are already super popular, too.

Phoenix and X-23 are gonna make a big splash in the coming months. Other meter-heavy characters will probably stay about where they already are.

They have as much synergy as Wolverine and Akuma, and take a quarter of the brain power/talent to use properly.

really? that wolv/akuma stuff was stupid broken (well at least in vanilla) and but hulk/drones doesn't seem to be. the main thing i'm having fun with is that apparently you can cancel st.h->charge for two points of super armor and then make sure to time it when the first drone hits for a bunch of mixup time to command grab or whatever.

anything you guys think i'm missing?

really? that wolv/akuma stuff was stupid broken (well at least in vanilla) and but hulk/drones doesn't seem to be. the main thing i'm having fun with is that apparently you can cancel st.h->charge for two points of super armor and then make sure to time it when the first drone hits for a bunch of mixup time to command grab or whatever.

anything you guys think i'm missing?
Vanilla Wolverine/Akuma took less brains, but I'm talking about the game we're playing right now. Removing invincibility on Berserker Slash and giving Gamma Charge armor, is my grounds for crowning a new team king.

IMO, don't go for command grabs. It's not worth the risk. Go for a normal grab, and be prepared to cancel it into a command grab if it gets teched. The vast majority of the time I kill a Hulk backed by Sentinel Force, it's because they whiffed a command grab or performed Gamma Crush when it wasn't as safe as they thought.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's sad that the best hope for a balance patch is the game becoming unplayably broken.

Wrong. Best bet is King of Spain Magneto or other costume DLC being selectable without purchasing again.

Phew, built a Magneto combo that builds exactly 2 bars! ^_^

jS, HS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, dash S, jH adf jH xx flight, LH adf jH adf jH adf jH add jHS(cancels flight), H xx Hyper Grav L, A1(Hidden Missiles), HS, jMMHS, missiles OTG, S, box dash jS, A2(Ankle Slicer) + Hyper Grav L, H xx EMD M
676,700 damage meterless
1,100,000+ damage with Gravity Squeeze

Builds more with a confirm, less damage. Pretty easy combo, too. Should be good for when I start Magneto on point for matchups.

shaowebb

Team colors? Here's mine when I do get on.

zzOZq.jpg
smVjU.jpg
[
0AHHf.jpg

I don't care about colors. I just play them how I like looking at them each individually. Though this version would match more I guess. Udon Taskmaster stays though.
zzOZq.jpg
ld2Rd.jpg
Eh5Ub.jpg

kirblar

Hey kirblar what team do you play?
Usually just play "team of easy characters I know how to use". Aka Ammy/Sent/Akuma. (Team Synergy: close to zero. Derp level? Through the roof!) Haven't picked up the game in a while, I just play casually when people are around. If I want to play casually online, I'll normally do SF4 instead. (Also partially because my PS3 is upstairs on wireless. I played some JoJo's on GGPO the other night for about an hour and had a blast. Iggy is awesome.)

My annoyance with the balance patch thing stems more from frustration at the way Capcom's handled the title and what I feel should be expected re: post-release support in the modern era. The game's awesome. It could just be more awesome.

Hmm... so my damage for each confirm type at the beginning of the round, using the same combo structure:

clean hit: 1,100,000+, 3 bars
unblockable(off throw): 1,000,000+ damage, two bars
air to air(superjump): 950,000+, two bars
air to air(normal jump): 900,000+, two bars
pin(hidden missiles): 800,000+ damage, two bars
bad throw(out of unblockable range): 750,000+ damage, two bars

Such a reliable combo.

I have a tiny request to anyone with the Vita version.

Since I hear you can take screenshots of most Vita games, could anyone snap the MT Framework Mobile logo in the intro and upload it? Make sure to save it in the best quality possible.

Thanks. :)

Tiger Uppercut, is that you?

Was that a willing name change or no? DO NOT LIKE

It's a willing name change..

I thought about it and my love for both Women and Spidey <3's MJ over weights the amount I feel for a bloody Tiger Uppercut.

I thought the mods would give me a formerly tag..

So Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot!

I don't really post here much cuz I don't play online (internet is ass), but I do play offline and I think I'm decent.

My main team

Rnt7m.jpg
DlhFc.jpg
Dl26f.jpg

What do you think?

Spider/Sent and Storm/Sent is really good.....and Storm DHCs and THCs are great with Spiderman.

shaowebb

I don't really post here much cuz I don't play online (internet is ass), but I do play offline and I think I'm decent.

My main team

Rnt7m.jpg
DlhFc.jpg
Dl26f.jpg

What do you think?

Spider/Sent and Storm/Sent is really good.....and Storm DHCs and THCs are great with Spiderman.

That team looks like it could infuriate easily with its DHC's and space control. Plus doesn't having Spiderman mean that any Storm combo after a DHC should result in unscaled damage on your combo due to the hold glitch? Lots of potential here. PLus Storm's assist can help with cornering folks (used it with MODOK a lot) and Spidey pressure in the corner can get irritating once you get them trapped there.

I like it.

My main team

What do you think?

I like it... Storm is my favorite character to play in all of marvel 3. However she doesn't really go with Zero all that well since there no point in DHC glitch or hail dhc now that Zero has loops. I play Dante/Storm/Sent against my friends who aren't so into fighting games just to screw around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom