• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of projectile hypers may be active after 1 frame, but none travel as fast as Gimlet. That's likely the difference, especially since the guy who explained it mentioned that it only works with Gimlet at close range (since Gimlet takes more than 1 frame to connect when fired from longer distances).

No, it has to be close range because otherwise the command grab won't reach, lol. I tried with photon array on the ground and in the air, and array just hits them and the grab whiffs.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
No, it has to be close range because otherwise the command grab won't reach, lol. I tried with photon array on the ground and in the air, and array just hits them and the grab whiffs.
If you shoot Gimlet from super-jump height against really small characters and DHC during super freeze, the throw hyper will connect before Gimlet reaches him.

It's pretty obvious that the reason this works easily with Hawkeye is because it's really easy to time it such that Gimlet and the throw hyper connect on the exact same frame. It's the same glitch.

I tried Maya(+4) DHC to she-hulk(+3) and Frank West(+4) in the corner and mid screen against a neutral jumping opponent at different heights and ranges, no dice.
If you shoot Gimlet from super-jump height against really small characters and DHC during super freeze, the throw hyper will connect before Gimlet reaches him.

It's pretty obvious that the reason this works easily with Hawkeye is because it's really easy to time it such that Gimlet and the throw hyper connect on the exact same frame. It's the same glitch.

Sure, it's the same idea, but it just happens to only work with Gimlet for whatever reason. I can't get any other hyper so far to combo into a command grab.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I tried Maya(+4) DHC to she-hulk(+3) and Frank West(+4) in the corner and mid screen against a neutral jumping opponent at different heights and ranges, no dice.

Sure, it's the same idea, but it just happens to only work with Gimlet for whatever reason. I can't get any other hyper so far to combo into a command grab.
Those hypers become *active* on those frames, but they don't necessarily *hit* on those frames. Gimlet does because it travels almost the full height of the screen in one frame.

xCobalt

It's been awhile so I don't remember the reasoning but I believe it's because gimlet has instant startup (0 frames?).

Also, I think if you hold up back during the hyper flash, you will avoid dhc command grab. Again, it's been awhile so I could be wrong about this too.

edit: Ok, I got a setup for the glitch:

Hawkeye combo, OTG 6M + A2(slant shot), Hunter shot, Trick Maneuver xx Gimlet DHC Mighty Throw

I think they can just hold up though and take the chip.

Those hypers become *active* on those frames, but they don't necessarily *hit* on those frames. Gimlet does because it travels almost the full height of the screen in one frame.

Photon array hits on the first frame after, but it doesn't work.

Azure J

I have come up with the most stupidly impractical Dante combo that I want to see details for:

M - H - Stinger + Assist - BC Volcano - TK Volcano (Vajra connects) - TK Volcano - TK Revolver - S xx Clay Pigeon (8 shots) x 2 or 3 - Stinger - Hammer - Volcano xx Beehive - Million Dollars.

Fuck me if getting those Volcanoes on pad while calling assist isn't fucking me over. So many X-Factor activations... :lol

shaowebb

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Don't know if its in the video but after the match on stream the Insult guy claimed he lost because his punishes weren't coming out or some Bs. Honestly it was a lot more than that.

smurfx

get some go again
ikea is some of the easiest furniture to put together! now that walmart gargage can be a problem. i remember trying to put together a tv stand and then found out there was a giant piece missing and had to take it all back. -_-

I've been playing Vergil a bit.. I don't fully understand how to put him together..

He's like IKEA furniture.

18tsL.jpg

Or the alternative:

aChye.png

JeTmAn81

Don't know if its in the video but after the match on stream the Insult guy claimed he lost because his punishes weren't coming out or some Bs. Honestly it was a lot more than that.

The constant wakeup S's from Insult to Injury were pretty funny, especially when they hit. But yeah, while the Shuma stuff was really impressive, you could tell that his opponent just wasn't that up to snuff, making Shuma look a lot better than he would against a more skilled rival. Still, though. Does Shuma have instant overheads?

seems like magneto takes a lot of time to commit to. i was thinking of running spencer/task/magneto, but man even magnetos so-called bnbs are giving me trouble.

Grecco

I think Maximilian got angry at me. I dont think i can respond anymore to his Taskmaster assist me video. I cant post responses anymore it seems.

Solune

Tatsu or Hawkeyes Quick Arrow for Vergil Pick one.
Quick Arrow.
The constant wakeup S's from Insult to Injury were pretty funny, especially when they hit. But yeah, while the Shuma stuff was really impressive, you could tell that his opponent just wasn't that up to snuff, making Shuma look a lot better than he would against a more skilled rival. Still, though. Does Shuma have instant overheads?
My friend hits me with Wakeup S all the time -_-'. And yah Shuma has J.M and J.D+H. Not sure what hits crouchers though.
Keep it comin! Love these vids.

Lol Karst

Dahbomb

Those Shuma mix ups and combos were legit. He also has a command throw to add to his mix up potential.

But yeah the other player was pretty bad.

Grecco

LOL what did you say?

I posted my complaints about Taskmasters disappointing costume on the latest Assist me. Nothing too bad really. Just that as a fan of Tony Masters i would have loved to have seen a better looking costume in the latest episode. Heck even the guy that plays Wesker responded to my post. I think its the guy that plays Wesker anyways.

I posted my complaints about Taskmasters disappointing costume on the latest Assist me. Nothing too bad really. Just that as a fan of Tony Masters i would have loved to have seen a better looking costume in the latest episode. Heck even the guy that plays Wesker responded to my post. I think its the guy that plays Wesker anyways.

Costumes: Serious Business

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I think Maximilian got angry at me. I dont think i can respond anymore to his Taskmaster assist me video. I cant post responses anymore it seems.

??? I only usually block extravagantly negative posts with the intent to troll or derogatory/racist remarks. I also checked my blocked list for anyone Mike might have responded to and found nothing. You sure it's not just your account?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Nowwww I remember why I stopped playing fighting games. I get extreme gamer rage when I can't figure out the timing for combos and other techniques in these games.

Dahbomb

Nowwww I remember why I stopped playing fighting games. I get extreme gamer rage when I can't figure out the timing for combos and other techniques in these games.
Post examples and someone will help you. Quite a few combos have a not so obvious timing or trick that makes the whole combo much easier. Like Phantom Dance after a Low gun shot OTG.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So the first one that was annoying me is the one I posted for X-23 yesterday:

LMH qcb.LMHS

I can't get the second L to connect consistently. I can actually pull off the feint cancel pretty consistently, but the problem is that only works in corners, and doesn't help me in the middle of the screen.

The other one is for Wesker:

d.LMH qcf.L df.H d.M H f.H d.M S MMHS

I can't get the d.M to hit because the guy is floating in the air. Not really sure if this is a mistake or I'm just doing it wrong.

Azure J

The discussion over in the FGW thread regarding Chris G and its extension in making solid teams and having solid plans for them has really intrigued me. What does Marvel-GAF do or think of when composing a team from the ground up and what would you say makes a team optimized?

Personally, I'm a player that would prefer having options open to myself at any moment or having a game plan that forces the other side to respect what I'm up to. I can't really go gung ho with pressure (I have good execution in bursts and prefer having paces I can shift between) or sit back and projectile the whole time. As such, I'm inherently drawn to characters with tools and safety. In terms of team game plans, I like to have a setup where all three parts can interchange and mostly cover their bases a la Combofiend's 1.0 even though I haven't really found my perfect team for that much as yet.

The discussion over in the FGW thread regarding Chris G and its extension in making solid teams and having solid plans for them has really intrigued me. What does Marvel-GAF do or think of when composing a team from the ground up and what would you say makes a team optimized?

Personally, I'm a player that would prefer having options open to myself at any moment or having a game plan that forces the other side to respect what I'm up to. I can't really go gung ho with pressure (I have good execution in bursts and prefer having paces I can shift between) or sit back and projectile the whole time. As such, I'm inherently drawn to characters with tools and safety. In terms of team game plans, I like to have a setup where all three parts can interchange and mostly cover their bases a la Combofiend's 1.0 even though I haven't really found my perfect team for that much as yet.

Maybe its me, but i see a lot of guys not even change up their team orders or assists based on their matchup. I really think a lot of doom players should be switching between beam/missiles for assist based upon what they're playing against, but it never happens. I think the best example is Marlinpie, who has a lot of trouble against zoning that I think could really easily be solved if he switched to missiles.

On my team I sometimes switch Sentinel and Iron Man's positions if I think I'm going to lose to really strong snapback mixups or something so that I can harddrive out. Also, I change their assists along with Hulk's based upon what I'm playing against, and though I'm not good at the game I can feel that it works out better.

Dahbomb

I can't get the d.M to hit because the guy is floating in the air. Not really sure if this is a mistake or I'm just doing it wrong.
Is that one of his Mission mode combos? That's a shitty combo IMO and not really worth learning anyway. Also that gun shot is probably the d/f version not the straight one.

What does Marvel-GAF do or think of when composing a team from the ground up and what would you say makes a team optimized?
This is my idea of a proper team in Marvel, opinions will vary:

*Point character be properly supported by 2 characters behind him. Support doesn't always have to come in the shape of assists but your 3rd characters should have a top assist.

*2nd character should have a safe DHC option and/or good TAC combos/infinites.

*At least one of the assists available to the point character should be helpful in combo extension in regular situations.

*DHC synergy across the board (not that hard to achieve in this game IMO) but most importantly through the order of the team.

*2nd character should play a different role/style than the point character to cover diverse teams.

*At least one assist should be an assist that controls the neutral or an assist you can throw out that can actually impact the on screen battle.

*3rd character should be a capable X factor anchor character. 2nd character should be a good user of meter and a single assist. Point character needs to be playable without much meter usage.

FSLink

Banned
I personally use like a million teams, so I'm glad that people are starting to figure out counterpicking is the way to go. Like I constantly change up teams and assists based on matchups (Usually go with Doom beam if the other player uses a beam assist as well for example). I also definitely like teams like Combofiend's first team where pretty much any character can do all right in any order.

So I've been messing around with Wolverine/Phoenix Wright/Dr. Doom in casuals here in San Antonio, and it's pretty fun and effective since Wolverine does well in the first few seconds of the match, allowing me to quickly get in, gain some meter, then DHC to Wright for evidence gathering. Order in the Court->Berserker Charge into magic series is also pretty fun.

I just had a small epiphany: you can setup zoning tripguard block strings. gonna test when i get back to my apartment.
So the first one that was annoying me is the one I posted for X-23 yesterday:

LMH qcb.LMHS

I can't get the second L to connect consistently. I can actually pull off the feint cancel pretty consistently, but the problem is that only works in corners, and doesn't help me in the middle of the screen.

first combo: do M after the cancel midscreen
second combo: do df H instead of fH

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just had a small epiphany: you can setup zoning tripguard block strings. gonna test when i get back to my apartment.

first combo: do M after the cancel midscreen
second combo: do df H instead of fH

Oh cool, thanks, I'll give those a shot. The Wesker combo is from Shoryuken, not from mission mode. Problem is there's so many combos I don't know which ones to use and which ones suck.

Solune

There's no reason to do this combo unless you want to keep your wallbounce for some reason. You should substitute for LMH xx QCF.L > DF.H > MH xx QCF.M > Dash > D.MHS > MMHS

Dahbomb

Oh cool, thanks, I'll give those a shot. The Wesker combo is from Shoryuken, not from mission mode. Problem is there's so many combos I don't know which ones to use and which ones suck.
The combo that Solune posted is the standard BnB for Wesker.

cr.L cr.M st.H QCF+L~L d/f+H cr.M st.H QCF+M dash up cr.M st.H S MMHS d/f+H into whatever

There are fancier and higher damaging solo combos for Wesker but this IMO is the easiest and most consistent for the solid damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom