• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GGs again enzo, I definitely frauded my way to some of those wins there. My autopilot is currently messed up causing me to drop so much stuff I wouldn't otherwise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GGs again enzo, I definitely frauded my way to some of those wins there. My autopilot is currently messed up causing me to drop so much stuff I wouldn't otherwise.
GGs. I was pretty damn horrible today especially. I spent like 2 hours earlier finally getting an Iron Man combo down pact (flight combos aren't hard to me anymore :D) only to not land a single one online, let alone very many combos outside of Nova.

I definitely have trouble hit confirming. My reactions aren't just up to snuff.

Tirael

Man, I really want to contact Max's friend Mike (the one who plays Wesker) to ask him where he got his sunglasses, but I don't know how I would go about doing that...

I'm going to Dragon*Con again this year as Wesker, same as last year. My sunglasses are custom-made, and pretty good, but his are absolutely perfect.

Also his Samurai Edge. XD

smurfx

get some go again
Man, I really want to contact Max's friend Mike (the one who plays Wesker) to ask him where he got his sunglasses, but I don't know how I would go about doing that...

I'm going to Dragon*Con again this year as Wesker, same as last year. My sunglasses are custom-made, and pretty good, but his are absolutely perfect.

max posted in the last page so pm him and he might tell you. you guys talking about teams and orders. i think my team is really well built and i can change the order at the drop of a hat and still be effective. hawkeye/taskmaster/haggar

Vergil players:
I'm thinking about a new way for me to use Spiral Swords - as an anti-assist. Basically, I already blow Chaotic Flame any time I see an assist pop up, but I got to thinking. Spiral Swords is basically an invincibility barrier, so why not do the same thing? Any time I see an assist pop on the screen, activate Spiral Swords and just wave dash into the character. Then the question is, what's the most damaging thing I can do in Spiral Swords to a character unaffected by damage decay? HS loops?

Since Max posted in this thread, why not ask him?

Zissou

Thanks. I was looking for someone who I could run point, could do the Noel Brown TAC into Frank West, and then DHC into an install hyper, raw tag to Frank West to take the second picture to get lvl4, and then I would have the character with the install hyper who is now in the second slot give Frank a low hitting assist for unblockables while I jumping M all day.

I had been messing around with Dante/Frank/Wesker (install hyper point character/frank 2nd for TAC/low hitting assist for frank unblockables) but I'd like my last character to have some kind of strong projectile assist and I don't really like Wesker anchor that much, so maybe something like Felicia/Frank/Hawkeye would work well. Hmm...

Thanks. I was looking for someone who I could run point, could do the Noel Brown TAC into Frank West, and then DHC into an install hyper, raw tag to Frank West to take the second picture to get lvl4, and then I would have the character with the install hyper who is now in the second slot give Frank a low hitting assist for unblockables while I jumping M all day.

I had been messing around with Dante/Frank/Wesker (install hyper point character/frank 2nd for TAC/low hitting assist for frank unblockables) but I'd like my last character to have some kind of strong projectile assist and I don't really like Wesker anchor that much, so maybe something like Felicia/Frank/Hawkeye would work well. Hmm...
Felicia is a beast when backed by an arrow assist.

Dahbomb

Vergil players:
I'm thinking about a new way for me to use Spiral Swords - as an anti-assist. Basically, I already blow Chaotic Flame any time I see an assist pop up, but I got to thinking. Spiral Swords is basically an invincibility barrier, so why not do the same thing? Any time I see an assist pop on the screen, activate Spiral Swords and just wave dash into the character. Then the question is, what's the most damaging thing I can do in Spiral Swords to a character unaffected by damage decay? HS loops?
IMO it's not that worth it because like stalking flare spiral swords will end up doing less overall damage because it's hits are being split between the point and assist even if the point is blocking. You can do either repeated helm breakers or hs string. Honestly though you are better of trying to catch assists with sword normals and if the point is far away you can juggle with repeated high time.

IMO it's not that worth it because like stalking flare spiral swords will end up doing less overall damage because it's hits are being split between the point and assist even if the point is blocking. You can do either repeated helm breakers or hs string. Honestly though you are better of trying to catch assists with sword normals and if the point is far away you can juggle with repeated high time.
Are you sure the hits are split? I thought Spiral Swords always lasted a pre-set amount of time. If so, thanks a lot for the info, I had no idea.

smurfx

get some go again
hmm turns out i was being very inefficient with my haggar corner combos. just made a change and i am getting similar damage with only two meters to what i used to get by spending 3 meters. i used to get close to 1 mil with two meters spent and now i get close to 1.1.

edit: just tried it for the first time on ranked and it worked! killed a full life x23 with new corner combo and it only took one meter. added wesker and a vergil to the list. although it took me 2 meters to kill wesker. good thing about haggar is that he always seems to have 2 meters build by the end of the combo.

Dahbomb

Are you sure the hits are split? I thought Spiral Swords always lasted a pre-set amount of time. If so, thanks a lot for the info, I had no idea.
No they don't last a set amount (well they do if you don't do anything with them). They have a certain number of durability and hit points like stalking flare, some beam hypers can use up it's durability rather quickly.

The best way to think about spiral swords is that it's literally a shield of projectiles around him. It can even be countered by Dr stranges hyper.

hmm turns out i was being very inefficient with my haggar corner combos. just made a change and i am getting similar damage with only two meters to what i used to get by spending 3 meters. i used to get close to 1 mil with two meters spent and now i get close to 1.1.

edit: just tried it for the first time on ranked and it worked! killed a full life x23 with new corner combo and it only took one meter. added wesker and a vergil to the list. although it took me 2 meters to kill wesker. good thing about haggar is that he always seems to have 2 meters build by the end of the combo.

Just curious, why do you have Haggar last? What assists are task and hawkeye on?

Bizazedo

Just curious, why do you have Haggar last? What assists are task and hawkeye on?

Smurf's style is he never (well, 99% of the time) attacks. He plays a complete keep away game and tries to goad you in to get walloped or tries to chip you out. He's happy either way.

S'why Haggar is last, he's hoping the other two characters kill you. Failing that, he's working on Haggar combos to eliminate you if he pipes you :).

Kioshen

S'why Haggar is last, he's hoping the other two characters kill you. Failing that, he's working on Haggar combos to eliminate you if he pipes you :).

Speaking of which here's a simple probably stupid question, how do you deal with a pipe happy haggar ? Is it punishable somehow ? Do you just keep him away as long as you can ?

Speaking of which here's a simple probably stupid question, how do you deal with a pipe happy haggar ? Is it punishable somehow ? Do you just keep him away as long as you can ?
The number one rule of asking for advice in this thread: tell us what character(s) you are using.

smurfx

get some go again
hawk/task/haggar is the perfect order for my team and when i do haggar on point its much easier to do some stuff with my controller if hawk is last. task being in the middle is better for my team since he dhc's really well from both hawk and haggar. although depending on some matchups i will put task on point. my assist are greyhound and tasks horizontal arrows.

Kioshen

The number one rule of asking for advice in this thread: tell us what character(s) you are using.

Yeah sorry about that. I'm flip flopping like a mad man between characters because I still haven't found something I like enough to stick with it but for now it's Spencer b, Doom a, Ammy b or Iron Man b, Doom b , Sentinel a (team training wheels for IM). I might end up mixing it up and go with Spencer a, Iron Man a, Doom b eventually even though I know Doom on anchor is a hard proposition.

You know what, let's keep it simple. What can Doom do against a pipe happy point Haggar ?

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah sorry about that. I'm flip flopping like a mad man between characters because I still haven't found something I like enough to stick with it but for now it's Spencer b, Doom a, Ammy b or Iron Man b, Doom b , Sentinel a (team training wheels for IM). I might end up mixing it up and go with Spencer a, Iron Man a, Doom b eventually even though I know Doom on anchor is a hard proposition.

You know what, let's keep it simple. What can Doom do against a pipe happy point Haggar ?
zone him out all day? haggar can't do much against a zoning doom.

Doom vs. Haggar, Doom's j.H is your friend. Other than that, waiting until Haggar jumps to his "I'm about to pipe" point and j.L into a full combo, or go for an air throw.

SmokeMaxX

Doom vs. Haggar, Doom's j.H is your friend. Other than that, waiting until Haggar jumps to his "I'm about to pipe" point and j.L into a full combo, or go for an air throw.

Most Haggars protect their pipe attempts from these tactics. For example, I'll call Mystic Ray, dash, jump and pipe and the Mystic Ray hits a lot of the time right before the pipe comes out so if you try to antiair it or counter the pipe, you'll get hit by the assist and then by the pipe into full combo.

Doom does well against Haggar though. Zone, use your mobility, stay above him. There are a lot of options.

Most Haggars protect their pipe attempts from these tactics. For example, I'll call Mystic Ray, dash, jump and pipe and the Mystic Ray hits a lot of the time right before the pipe comes out so if you try to antiair it or counter the pipe, you'll get hit by the assist and then by the pipe into full combo.

Doom does well against Haggar though. Zone, use your mobility, stay above him. There are a lot of options.
Certainly, you have to be careful. He asked for a way to defeat "pipe happy" Haggars, not great players. Your average Haggar player calls an assist while going for the pipe, but continues to go for more pipes if you block the first one, even when an assist can't be called. That's when you strike.

I don't recommend trying to be above Haggar. Even decent Haggars know that he has a very fast superjump, and will often pipe you down before a Photon Shot can make its way out. For Doom, your best option is to zone him.

wow, akuma anchor is pretty great/easy to get the hang of. only need like 2 bnbs. i can't wait to try him out in a match. spencer/task/akuma

Azure J

In my attempts to have some swag combos to pull out from time to time, I must now ask whether or not Phoenix has any cool Flight combos or TAC combos.

Someone actually made a game based around how fast Hsien-ko can run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf0kybs6rYs

What a sick and twisted world we live in.

I saw this earlier and just thought about how fucked up it is that this exists at the same time Marvel 3 Hsien-Ko does. :lol

In my attempts to have some swag combos to pull out from time to time, I must now ask whether or not Phoenix has any cool Flight combos or TAC combos.
I think the most she has is just doing something like j.H, f.H, fly, MMHS. Nothing fancy.

Her most stylish stuff always involves Phoenix Rage's wall bounce. Linking multiples together, etc. I believe it resets the wall bounce, too, so you can DHC into it as many times as you like.

In Vanilla, my "too much meter" ending was:
Phoenix bnb into Phoenix Rage xx Stalking Flare, raw tag Phoenix, Teleport H, Phoenix Rage xx Stalking Flare, raw tag Phoenix, Teleport H, Phoenix Rage

It certainly looks cool. I do the same thing with Vergil now if I feel like styling, but it's Dimension Slash xx Stalking Flare, raw tag Vergil, Teleport H, Helm Breaker, High Rise (or whatever df.H is called), Dimension Slash xx Stalking Flare, raw tag Vergil, Teleport H, Helm Breaker, High Rise, Dimension Slash

I bet a good number of characters can do that loop, actually. Dante definitely can.

Kioshen

I read that Iron Man's Launcher was ass but I didn't understand to which extent. Now I know. It's really really bad. So many times I confirmed a hit then his launcher completely whiffed. I have a question for Iron Man players around here. Is UMvC3 Krispy Kreme even doable online ? The timing seems tight already offline.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Decided to do a quick music video based off Dj Dicks Gravity Squeeze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGrPBOrhlGk

Visit his soundcloud if you want to hear more hilarious UMvC3 inspired songs
http://soundcloud.com/thedjdicks/
Good stuff, Caj. Love it!

Nova Force one is the best.

I am unabashedly biased.
Nope, your entirely right. I've had it on repeat several times the past few days.

enzo, you up for playing later today?
Unfortunately not. Final exam for the summer is tomorrow. Tomorrow onwards though I'll be free more often, and am keen to get more games in!

EDIT: Also, the Nova song has the best single art too.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately not. Final exam for the summer is tomorrow. Tomorrow onwards though I'll be free more often, and am keen to get more games in!

EDIT: Also, the Nova song has the best single art too.

Alright, good luck man. I'm definitely down for more games in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom