• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So the first one that was annoying me is the one I posted for X-23 yesterday:

LMH qcb.LMHS

I can't get the second L to connect consistently. I can actually pull off the feint cancel pretty consistently, but the problem is that only works in corners, and doesn't help me in the middle of the screen.

I finally figured out why my L wasn't connecting - I wasn't doing the first LMH quickly enough. Apparently, the faster I do it, the more likely I am to connect the second L before the opponent recovers. Is this some type of combo mechanic that I should be familiar with? The faster you input the combos, the better?

I finally figured out why my L wasn't connecting - I wasn't doing the first LMH quickly enough. Apparently, the faster I do it, the more likely I am to connect the second L before the opponent recovers. Is this some type of combo mechanic that I should be familiar with? The faster you input the combos, the better?

Well, any time you hit the opponent it interrupts the movement from the previous hits, but I'd be surprised if that made a real difference against a grounded opponent, especially so early.

I believe this game does hitstun deterioration on time as well as components of the combo but GB is right I think, shouldn't matter that early.

Azure J

I'm having a bit of a strange issue with Zero's corner combo now. When you're doing the third relaunch into Jam Session, is the timing very strict? I'm seeing a lot of flipping out that I'm not used to. For those who want the transcript:

[Hold L] c.MH - S - j.MMHS - Sentsuizan H - Buster [Release L] - Raikousen L - [Hold L] - S - j.MMHS - Sentsuizan H - Buster [Release L] - Raikousen L - [Hold L] - Assist (Jam Session) + S - Raikousen M/H - Buster - Sentsuizan H xx Rekkoha

Is what I'd like to do with variations including omitting the jumping series in exchange for j.d+H and another Raikousen L before the Sentsuizan into Rekkoha. Problem is, no matter what I do to get to the Jam Session part, they're either launched and in the air too long before Jam Session locks them down or they immediately flip out regardless.

FSLink

Banned
I'm having a bit of a strange issue with Zero's corner combo now. When you're doing the third relaunch into Jam Session, is the timing very strict? I'm seeing a lot of flipping out that I'm not used to. For those who want the transcript:

[Hold L] c.MH - S - j.MMHS - Sentsuizan H - Buster [Release L] - Raikousen L - [Hold L] - S - j.MMHS - Sentsuizan H - Buster [Release L] - Raikousen L - [Hold L] - Assist (Jam Session) + S - Raikousen M/H - Buster - Sentsuizan H xx Rekkoha

Is what I'd like to do with variations including omitting the jumping series in exchange for j.d+H and another Raikousen L before the Sentsuizan into Rekkoha. Problem is, no matter what I do to get to the Jam Session part, they're either launched and in the air too long before Jam Session locks them down or they immediately flip out regardless.

What works for me is as soon as you land from the 2nd Raikousen, immediately press Jam Session and then press S.

So I can confirm that full screen tripguard blockstrings are possible. Works with Hawkeye + Get em missile.

Aaaaaand... it seems like pretty pointless tech :-(

No upback, but you get basically nothing for it. Not even a soft knockdown. And the timing is radically different at different ranges.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
GGs earlier, DD-11. As you can tell, my X-23 is getting better but pretty much all my other characters suck lol. I had to go back to my original Morrigan/Dante/X-23 team since I'm still not familiar with Wesker and Hawkeye.

Your Hulk is pretty solid, I can't get a punch in edgewise against him. Guess I need to learn how to defend better. Your Dormammu is also a pain, he zones me out like a madman with his little black hole, especially when paired with Sentinel's drones.

Anyway, time to spend some time with Wesker in the training room.

Solune

Like FSLink said, you have to call Jam Session before the S, delaying the S as long as possible.
anyone on psn up for a few? I need practice :S

You still on? You're EC and I'm the WC plus Canadian internet but wouldn't hurt to try.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spoiler the first bit too Dahbomb, still a spoiler.

Yes.. yes I did. And I made that Thanos GIF.

SO
GODLIKE

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah but I'm sure those are all from pirated copies. They look yuck and how else would you get those scenes? I think any Avengers gif like that are a no-go.

Azure J

Like FSLink said, you have to call Jam Session before the S, delaying the S as long as possible.

Thanks guys, I see it better now, even if I'm not consistent with hitting the lightning during Jam Session yet. Surprisingly, that is a really tight link.

Can we sanction Avengers GIFs in this thread? Who here still hasn't seen it yet?

I mean GODDAMN.

Wait for the DVD release, which should be right before Season's Beatings IIRC. Perfect time for them to be debuted.

You saw the IM deflecting his repulsar off of the Cap shield gif didn't you...

Cap needs to get a Beam reflect/magnify assist next Mahvel. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah but I'm sure those are all from pirated copies. They look yuck and how else would you get those scenes? I think any Avengers gif like that are a no-go.
Marvel put out proper quality clips from the Avengers Blu-Ray today, which is what people are making the GIFs from.

Some of the millions of glorious moments from the movie are in these clips.

Wait for the DVD release, which should be right before Season's Beatings IIRC. Perfect time for them to be debuted.[/spoiler]
EXCELLENT!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah but I'm sure those are all from pirated copies. They look yuck and how else would you get those scenes?

They released a bunch of new 720p clips to promote the upcoming home release.

Hell, I made one of those recent gifs, and I'd be career-suicidingly-crazy to do so if it wasn't okay to do it. :p

DD-11

GGs earlier, DD-11. As you can tell, my X-23 is getting better but pretty much all my other characters suck lol. I had to go back to my original Morrigan/Dante/X-23 team since I'm still not familiar with Wesker and Hawkeye.

Your Hulk is pretty solid, I can't get a punch in edgewise against him. Guess I need to learn how to defend better. Your Dormammu is also a pain, he zones me out like a madman with his little black hole, especially when paired with Sentinel's drones.

Yeah, Dorm was giving you trouble, and I've been using Hulk since vanilla so I have some skill with him--and many bad habits too that I'm sure you'll discover soon enough! But I think with sent, it's a pretty good team. The problem you were facing is trying to zone with Morigan against Dorm, which is tough to say the least.

I honed my Dorm against my buddy's team of Wolverine, Akuma, Doom, so I have some practise with keep away.

Yeah, x23 is too fast. Once you get a lock down assist and high low mixups, you'll be eating me up. It looks like our schedules overlap only for an hour in the afternoon once a week or so. That's too bad. Anyway, ggs, looking forward to next time.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Avengers doesn't come out here until August 14th :(

Says 9/25 on Amazon for US.

what hell

61qo8HMjByL.jpg

Considering getting the 3d combo pack thing just so I can get a better cover.

GGs Biz, going to start using that Cap team for wrinkles in tourneys. Wanted to see how it fared. I gotta get the SJ height hit confirms down, but safe-ish charging star is pretty brain dead, lol.

I don't think I teched any Nova throws, and those 3 Zero throw resets in a row... oy. Hahaha.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Where can I go to look up approach strategies (movement, mixups, etc)? I'm getting better at doing combos and such, but I still have the problem of just getting myself next to the opponent and breaking through their block. I'm trying to improve my X-23/Wesker/Hawkeye.

XiaNaphryz said:
Hell, I made one of those recent gifs, and I'd be career-suicidingly-crazy to do so if it wasn't okay to do it. :p

OK now I'm curious, what do you do for a living?

Bizazedo

GGs Biz, going to start using that Cap team for wrinkles in tourneys. Wanted to see how it fared. I gotta get the SJ height hit confirms down, but safe-ish charging star is pretty brain dead, lol.

I don't think I teched any Nova throws, and those 3 Zero throw resets in a row... oy. Hahaha.

Yeah, I have no experience against Iron Man lol.

I did pretty crappy tbh. I seriously have huge issues against Taskmaster and Cap with beam assist works very similarly (well, for what I have an issue against Taskmaster with, anyways, shield skills), so it was like oof.

GGs, though.

Evade evade evade evade evade evade evade evade evade evade and then I make one mistake, oof.

Odinson

I think I've finally found the teams that I like. Currently running Hulk/Thor/She-hulk. Also have my avengers team Cap/Thor/IM and FB/Dorm/Doom. Working on Thor resets and getting in with HULK.

SmokeMaxX

Where can I go to look up approach strategies (movement, mixups, etc)? I'm getting better at doing combos and such, but I still have the problem of just getting myself next to the opponent and breaking through their block. I'm trying to improve my X-23/Wesker/Hawkeye.

OK now I'm curious, what do you do for a living?

Can't you do something like cr. L, cr. M + call Wesker assist, cr. H xx mirage feint H?
I don't know if that timing works, but it'd give you an unblockable if you could time the Wesker low assist + attacking off of the air mirage feint.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Can't you do something like cr. L, cr. M + call Wesker assist, cr. H xx mirage feint H?
I don't know if that timing works, but it'd give you an unblockable if you could time the Wesker low assist + attacking off of the air mirage feint.

Ooh. Ooh that sounds dirty, I'll give it a shot.

Also I played around a little bit with Vergil online yesterday and holy hell. I don't even know any of his moves but I doled out quite a bit of pain with him. May have to look into learning him eventually.

SmokeMaxX

Ooh. Ooh that sounds dirty, I'll give it a shot.

Also I played around a little bit with Vergil online yesterday and holy hell. I don't even know any of his moves but I doled out quite a bit of pain with him. May have to look into learning him eventually.

Thinking about it now, that timing probably wouldn't work since I think Wesker comes out too fast. Maybe call Wesker assist with the H and then cancel into the air mirage feint.

Also, you can call Hawkeye assist + mirage feint M or do a blockstring similar to the Wesker one above and do mirage feint L or M + hawkeye assist (timed so you cross them up right before the arrows hit).

The key against Dormammu + Drones is to never give Dormammu the breathing room to call them. Drones have the same projectile durability as your Hawkeye assist, FYI.

Also, super awesome X-23 tech that I never see used except by one guy:
Talon Attack H seems pointless, but it's actually one of her best ways of getting in. It lets you travel across the entire screen, but you can still call assists before and after it. You can do two things with this:
1) Jump, call an assist, and Talon Attack H. You're in for free, and your assist call is safe.
2) Jump, Talon Attack H, and call an assist on the way down while you d.H, or you can use Talon Attack L to come back down to make the assist cross up again.

I never see anyone do this, but it's pretty effective. I met an X-23 player that did this while abusing the Tron Bonne assist in Vanilla, and it drove me nuts.

Can we sanction Avengers GIFs in this thread? Who here still hasn't seen it yet?

I mean GODDAMN.
I haven't seen it. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom