• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Rarely ever use Talon Attack H, but maybe I should try and start using it like that. I know I spam the M one way too much. It's unsafe but I rarely get punished but at the same time never get much out of it, barring the distance traveled.

2) Jump, Talon Attack H, and call an assist on the way down while you d.H, or you can use Talon Attack L to come back down to make the assist cross up again.

I don't get this though. You can't do a Talon Attack L after H has recovered, or do you mean rejump after you hit the ground?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The key against Dormammu + Drones is to never give Dormammu the breathing room to call them. Drones have the same projectile durability as your Hawkeye assist, FYI.

Also, super awesome X-23 tech that I never see used except by one guy:
Talon Attack H seems pointless, but it's actually one of her best ways of getting in. It lets you travel across the entire screen, but you can still call assists before and after it. You can do two things with this:
1) Jump, call an assist, and Talon Attack H. You're in for free, and your assist call is safe.
2) Jump, Talon Attack H, and call an assist on the way down while you d.H, or you can use Talon Attack L to come back down to make the assist cross up again.

I never see anyone do this, but it's pretty effective. I met an X-23 player that did this while abusing the Tron Bonne assist in Vanilla, and it drove me nuts.

Oh snap, never thought of using Talon Attack H like that. Sounds promising.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That part was purely hypothetical, haha. I figured she had 3 air specials like anyone else.

It would be very cool if she could. I wasn't sure so I tried it out in training mode just now a couple of times to make sure I wasn't just messing it up. It seems you can do one of the Crescent Scythes while landing but you can't cancel those into the Talons after that.

It's either Down H (which can be cancelled into a CS), a Crescent Scythe on its own or a normal after the recovery but it doesn't seem like the game let's you do anything else. Never thought of calling an assist at the end there. Seems very practical, especially because I'm having a lot of trouble getting in with X-23 lately and every stray hit can kill her.

From a stray Falling Claw you can do all three specials though.

WHY NOT?!

EDIT: That MastaCJ/Roachking set was pretty terrible to watch TBH.
The set wasn't too exciting. Maybe because both teams are super flowchart.

I haven't seen Avengers because it's just not high on my list of priorities. I'll watch it when it comes to Netflix. You know I don't care about heroes, and the movie doesn't have any quality villains.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The set wasn't too exciting. Maybe because both teams are super flowchart.

I haven't seen Avengers because it's just not high on my list of priorities. I'll watch it when it comes to Netflix. You know I don't care about heroes, and the movie doesn't have any quality villains.

This is one of the few films that really is worth seeing on a giant theater screen.

This is one of the few films that really is worth seeing on a giant theater screen.
Eh, I saw TDKR, and honestly, now that I have a decent TV, it didn't add anything. My sound system is better than the theater's for the space, I don't have to worry about theater noise, I can take a piss break, I can eat whatever I want, it's free, and I can be more comfortable while watching. The only reason I ever go to theaters is because my wife really wants to, and I enjoy the popcorn.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't have to worry about theater noise

The crowds getting into it is what really helped propelled Avengers to the numbers it did IMO - it made the whole thing feel more like an event. Probably hard to replicate that now though several months afterwards.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah the past few times I went to the movies I was blessed with having a bunch of kids in the theater. Man do kids love to kick seats and talk throughout the whole movie.

There's that but especially the whole you can't use the restroom for more than 2 hours is why I really don't go to the movies anymore. And it's really hard to not use the bathroom at the movies, have you guys been to an AMC theater? Those sodas are massive. A medium filled up the whole cup holder. A medium soda there is larger than a large soda at any other place I've gotten a soda from.

The crowds getting into it is what really helped propelled Avengers to the numbers it did IMO - it made the whole thing feel more like an event. Probably hard to replicate that now though several months afterwards.
I've never been able to feel a part of a crowd. It's just annoying.

Yeah the past few times I went to the movies I was blessed with having a bunch of kids in the theater. Man do kids love to kick seats and talk throughout the whole movie.

There's that but especially the whole you can't use the restroom for more than 2 hours is why I really don't go to the movies anymore. And it's really hard to not use the bathroom at the movies, have you guys been to an AMC theater? Those sodas are massive. A medium filled up the whole cup holder. A medium soda there is larger than a large soda at any other place I've gotten a soda from.
It's too bad I don't have the legal right to smack other people's children when they're disrespectful. And death to every person who brings a baby in to the theater. AMC is all I have around here - Chicago is suspiciously short on theaters.

Roach king still using Team Viscant?

Yes Roach King is still usiing that team. I was talking to another player and he said he replaced Phoenix with Magneto during casuals, and that it actually seemed like a better team. Yeah the set wasn't too exciting, but I still like watching CJ play even though he does some basic stuff (to other Marvel players anyway).

Dahbomb

Almost as bad as people bringing infants to a 14 hour plane ride. There should be a separate family section on planes. In my country no kids under a certain age are allowed in movie theaters despite the rating.

JeTmAn81

I've seen people bring babies and toddlers to Watchmen. It's like people don't even read ratings.

But what if they're taking their babies to...

watchmenbabies.jpg

JeTmAn81

Yes Roach King is still usiing that team. I was talking to another player and he said he replaced Phoenix with Magneto during casuals, and that it actually seemed like a better team. Yeah the set wasn't too exciting, but I still like watching CJ play even though he does some basic stuff (to other Marvel players anyway).

I've seen Viscant play the team with Vergil instead of Phoenix and that looked a lot more effective, too. He still got to do all his typical mixups and built a bunch of meter for Vergil, who isn't nearly as much of a liability as Phoenix is.

I've seen Viscant play the team with Vergil instead of Phoenix and that looked a lot more effective, too. He still got to do all his typical mixups and built a bunch of meter for Vergil, who isn't nearly as much of a liability as Phoenix is.

I know Viscant is trying to learn Vergil but does he even like using him? I just know that Viscant doesn't like using chars that require higher execution.

Grecco

I dont think it was a condition just an injury. You can see him flexing his hand in the Evo GF vs Pr Rog.

David has the condition

Yeah. Know Viscant can't use high execution characters as can David.

When I say condition, I am referring to injury as well. Injuries are often referred to as medical conditions as well.

Dahbomb

Vergil is very much a Viscant type character I have been saying this even before the game came out. Vergil is a combination of Wesker and Phoenix. He is not high execution at all, just slightly higher than Wesker which shouldn't bother him that much.

Didn't know about his condition if he actually has one.

Not sure if he has an injury or condition, but it could be carpal tunnel? I see him rotating his wrist a lot in between matches and that might be because of the pain. I'm just assuming this because I think I have carpal tunnel has well. I'm actually taking a break this week because my wrist has been hurting from playing too much last week.

Dahbomb

I got carpal's tunnel from playing too much DMC3 back in the day. After that I dropped off playing too hardcore on controllers because after awhile it started to hurt. I had to use a wrist bracer for some time. While I always wanted to keep playing Marvel eventually the pain would set in and I had to stop right there because it would get worse. In fact I play far less console games (don't even have a console anymore) now than before because I have a nice comfortable mouse pad that has a cushion where I can plant my wrist on top of.

I think I fear arthritis the most outside of some truly debilitating neurological deficits. You can get by with a problematic wrist but if your finger joints don't work properly then that's pretty much an end to your gaming hobby.

JeTmAn81

I don't recall ever reading about Viscant having a hand condition. I think that's just UltraDavid. Viscant just says his execution has never been good. He also says his reaction times aren't as good now that he's older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom