• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's why I'm trying to be careful. I had this issue come up last year but I kept playing and it got worse. I told myself to stop for a few days and iced my hands everyday and it got better. Since it's acting up now I'm just gonna stop playing for a week and then see how it is. Usually if I break for a few days I'll be able to start playing again with little issues as long as I don't overdo it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I have hypermobile joints, which isn't much of an issue for games like Marvel, but still something that is starting to suck more as I get older.

GGs Nils

GGs Solarknight. Raccoon confused me a lot.

lol, I could tell. Honestly, I think your biggest mistake in some of the matches was not respecting that I could just teleport->grab->XF->Lv3. I got you with that, what, like 3 times?

Also, seriously, my Zero is shit -.-

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GGs Nils

lol, I could tell. Honestly, I think your biggest mistake in some of the matches was not respecting that I could just teleport->grab->XF->Lv3. I got you with that, what, like 3 times?

Also, seriously, my Zero is shit -.-

Yeah that got me a lot. Another mistake was doing Nova corner combos every time I got a confirm because I had been grinding those in training mode a long time yesterday and thought I was close enough to the corner. Other than that, need to work on getting out of the corner and/or converting it to advantageous situations more.

Nert

Man, it was a bit of a slog, but I finally turned things around enough on ranked (360) to hit 3rd lord with Tron/Super Skrull/Arthur after being stuck at 4th for a few hundred games. I still need to learn some less fraudulent Skrull combos, though.

Solune

Man, it was a bit of a slog, but I finally turned things around enough on ranked (360) to hit 3rd lord with Tron/Super Skrull/Arthur after being stuck at 4th for a few hundred games. I still need to learn some less fraudulent Skrull combos, though.

That's an interesting team, I was making a Tron team with Skrull too, but I abandoned that. I may come back at another time.

--

Finally hit 800k meterless damage with Vergil, using specific assists of course but still proud of it.

Solune

Do share.

I'm going to make another (crappy) video when I have time but the notation is (near a corner)

Vergil/Strange(Bolts)/Hawkeye(Ragtime Shot)

MHStinger (Call Strange) SH (Bolt 1 hits) SH (Bolt 2 hits) SH xx Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > c.HStinger (wallbounce) xx Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > c.H (Call Hawkeye) xx Rising Sun xx Trick (Ragtime hits) > Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > c.H xx Lunar Phase > High Time.

There's a midscreen variation , does less damage of course. There's also alot of delayed timing etc involved.

I also increased my max damage combo with my main team from 718k - 784k.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Maaaaan fuck Zero and fuck Vergil. I need to make a new dumb team.

I already know a bunch of characters I guess learning a few more couldn't hurt.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Are you mad about fighting against them or playing as them?

I still lose occasionally to terrible Zeros. Then, when I fight a good Zero, I feel like it's such an uphill battle. He's really the bane of my UMvC3 game. Nothing makes me crack harder. When coupled with Vergil, the match is a nightmare.

Any Hulk players here have some tips on what to do when Vergil has spiral swords coming at me? I play against a guy who does Vergil/Stange/Ammy and I get locked down for a very long time with strange/ammy assists and some Vergil stuff flying around.

Dahbomb

Wait out the swords or super jump away. Vergil is susceptible to armored normals when he doesn't have swords. In the block stun you can always cc out. If you want to gamble on a faulty assist call there is always xfc gamma crush.

If he didn't get you to block before doing spiral swords you can snap him out of it. If he is too far super jump up, clap to slow you fall and come down with j.s.

Any Hulk players here have some tips on what to do when Vergil has spiral swords coming at me? I play against a guy who does Vergil/Stange/Ammy and I get locked down for a very long time with strange/ammy assists and some Vergil stuff flying around.
Against Spiral Swords, you just need to block. That's pretty much what every character in the game has to do. If you're close enough and he's activating it without any kind of blockstun to back him up, you can try a snapback.

Ok I needed to share this fanart I found on Tumblr

tumblr_m8560ilIzI1qaua9co1_500.png

There's nothing you can do, just block. If he's throwing out assists try to gamma charge. Even if Vergil blocks if you can gamma charge the assist and can land a gamma crush afterwards that makes one dead character. Just make sure you DHC or X-factor to safety.

Azure J

I think I can put it into words after fighting against ZMC for so long, it's a complete battle of attrition when you deal with point Zero and his friends and I feel like the longer the matches go on, the more things tip to their side, especially if Vergil is anchored. It's pretty much the Marvel equivalent of the the Elite Four matches in Pokemon.

That being said, holy shit this Dante/Dormammu/Magneto team... So many angles being covered that I never covered before. So much more damage being done. And so many stylin' ass ways to have fun. Why didn't I put more time into this group before? :lol

Dante/Amaterasu/Strider has some legit competition for my favorite team in this game now.

Firebrand Wall-Cling combo courtesy of Zak: http://youtu.be/L8b5dv9_Zj0

Holy damn.

I just lost to someone whose strategy was literally spamming the same move over and over until it worked and then cancel it to super.

...I'm going to need someone to help me with the sepukku.

Mindfuck that's what -.-

...I just fought him again and won, but this time he had the mic on.

It was a kid like 5 years old.
Reminds me of a time when I played this guy for like 5 matches, and every match was a complete stomp. I get a very angry PM after all of it saying "You just beat up on a 4 year old, I hope you feel good about yourself". Haha.

It was just divekick, H Demon Missile, and conveniently Bon Voyage everytime I tried to press a button -.-

Reminds me of a time when I played this guy for like 5 matches, and every match was a complete stomp. I get a very angry PM after all of it saying "You just beat up on a 4 year old, I hope you feel good about yourself". Haha.

Haha, how the hell would you even have known? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom