• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
question regarding akuma:

just started using him on anchor (well i've yet to play a match with him), and i wanted to know if there's an easy way incorporate one of those tatsu loops after a ground bounce for a midscreen bnb.

current:
cr.LMHS, MMHxx demon flip M~M (land), S, MMHxx (L) tatsu xx ball super, air fireball (land), beam super

will this work:
cr.LMHS MMHxx demon flip M~M (land), j.MHxx (L) tatsu, cr.LMHS, MHxx(L) tatsu xx ball super, air fireball (land), beam super

can't test this right now, but i wanted to put this down somewhere so i don't forget it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For the jump loop after Palm I do j.H ( as I'm falling after the palm) j.MMH QCB M cr.MH S

Sometimes it's hard to get the cr.MH so I just launch.

For the jump loop after Palm I do j.H ( as I'm falling after the palm) j.MMH QCB M cr.MH S

hm. i've tried this before, only with light tatsu, and they seem to just fall to the ground before i can land the cr.M. i'll try using med tatsu and omitting. are you supposed to hit the j.MMH as fast as possible after you land?

Solune

Can you get it to work with Dark Hole? ;-D
I'll try, there's a different Dark Hole combo that I use, which is MHStinger xx Rising Sun > jMMHS > (Call Dormammu while landing) c.H xx Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > Whatever.
question regarding akuma:

just started using him on anchor (well i've yet to play a match with him), and i wanted to know if there's an easy way incorporate one of those tatsu loops after a ground bounce for a midscreen bnb.

current:
cr.LMHS, MMHxx demon flip M~M (land), S, MMHxx (L) tatsu xx ball super, air fireball (land), beam super

will this work:
cr.LMHS MMHxx demon flip M~M (land), j.MHxx (L) tatsu, cr.LMHS, MHxx(L) tatsu xx ball super, air fireball (land), beam super

can't test this right now, but i wanted to put this down somewhere so i don't forget it.

The combo you should be using is c.LMHS > jMMH xx Demon Flip L~L (while coming down H) > j.MMH xx Tatsu > c.MHS > j.MMH xx Tatsu xx Super. The one that you posted sounds like it will work though.

It gets tricky because sometimes Akuma switches sides.

The combo you should be using is c.LMHS > jMMH xx Demon Flip L~L (while coming down H) > j.MMH xx Tatsu > c.MHS > j.MMH xx Tatsu xx Super. The one that you posted sounds like it will work though.

It gets tricky because sometimes Akuma switches sides.

i actually tried this first. bolded is the part that gets me. it seems like i dont have enough time after the tatsu to land cr.MHS. like, the opponent hits the ground right after tatsu. should i be using medium tatsu instead? tighten up the timing on the j.MMH?

Solune

i actually tried this first. bolded is the part that gets me. it seems like i dont have enough time after the tatsu to land cr.MHS. like, the opponent hits the ground right after tatsu. should i be using medium tatsu instead? tighten up the timing on the j.MMH?

I think there's some funky timing depending on when you land the J.H when coming down, but if M Tatsu lets you land it easier I would go for that, but I didn't know there's a difference in recovery or hitstun between all 3. I just use L since damage scaling is the best on it.

Zissou

It seems like hit stun scaling and damage scaling are separate. Like damage scales as a result of the specific moves you've used in the combo without time mattering, while hit stun definitely scales with time but may also be affected by which moves you used/number of hits as well?

Azure J

It seems like hit stun scaling and damage scaling are separate. Like damage scales as a result of the specific moves you've used in the combo without time mattering, while hit stun definitely scales with time but may also be affected by which moves you used/number of hits as well?

Pretty much. Enough time with Dante has shown me that this is the closest to a full understanding of the system will get.

Dormammu is the truth. I can't say it enough. +1 for the Dark Dimension Army here.

Dahbomb

Damage scaling is impacted by number of hits or by a move preceding it (like a throw which scales damage but not hit stun). Hit stun is affected by time and probably the number/type of hits at the beginning.

kirblar

They're most definitely separate values.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
At least some moves that cause capture state seem to be immune or nearly immune to hitstun scaling, too. Felicia's back throw, air throw, command throw, and level 3 all seem to do negligible and identical scaling because you can follow each of them up with the exact same combos despite the fact that the level 3 lasts so much longer.

Her front throw, however, causes a lot more hitstun scaling. It's kind of interesting because that throw is a little bit different than the others in that it can be mashed for more hits AND doing so causes a different/longer animation, so it probably doesn't fall under the same class of moves as the others where hitstun scaling is concerned.

Any hawkeye players willing to share bnb?
The good ol' day 1:

cLM > slide > S > jMMHS > trick maneuver > ice shot > S > jMMHS > trick maneuver > poison shot > gimlet.

Tweak as needed. Go for another poison shot instead of ice shot for the relaunch if you have an assist that can hold them in place long enough to launch. It's arguably not worth using Gimlet at the end of any of his combos unless you're confident that it will kill, you have meter to burn, or you want to DHC. It scales worse than any other hyper and is more useful as a punish than a combo ender in general.

He's got fancier stuff, but I don't practice combos much with Hawkeye because I feel like if you're in range to do combos then you're playing him wrong.

EDIT: Use f.M for the relaunch instead of trick shots if you get a happy birthday. That move picks up two characters; the trick shots don't.

Solune

Can you get it to work with Dark Hole? ;-D
So, yes it does work with Dark Hole, timings kinda funny though. Have to call Dormammu right before Stinger hits the opponent or something.
I'll try, there's a different Dark Hole combo that I use, which is MHStinger xx Rising Sun > jMMHS > (Call Dormammu while landing) c.H xx Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > Whatever.

Also this doesn't seem to work midscreen... have to use the SH variation when coming down. It does more damage anyways but is harder to time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait.. time factors into scaling too?

Why is this system so goddamn complex. I always thought percentage was tied to hits, but then wildcards like unscaled moves, level 3s, etc. I had no idea how they factored in.

I'm skeptical that time factors in. I've never seen any proof.

How are you doing Rising Sun into j.MMHS?

Could you type out the inputs for the other combo for me? :-D

Right now I use Dark Hole after Helm Breaker in my combos in combination with the OTG for a bit more damage if I'm not going to hyper.

Zissou

Right now I use Dark Hole after Helm Breaker in my combos in combination with the OTG for a bit more damage if I'm not going to hyper.

You can test the time thing easily. Do dooms normal corner loop. If you air dash down and whiff an air normal, you get to the ground much faster and can get four reps of the loop. Without the air dash, you can only get three reps.

Dahbomb

There is proof, the new doom corner bnb adds in an extra relaunch based on exploiting this mechanic. Number of hits was not relevant in the combo but time spent combing before the first launch was a factor.

I didn't believe it either but I have seen a lot of footage that backs this up.

Edit: Damn I got ninja'd

Tirael

The good ol' day 1:

cLM > slide > S > jMMHS > trick maneuver > ice shot > S > jMMHS > trick maneuver > poison shot > gimlet.

Tweak as needed. Go for another poison shot instead of ice shot for the relaunch if you have an assist that can hold them in place long enough to launch.
I do this, but sometimes they roll out of the ice shot, and sometimes they don't. Same with his throws. Any reason why?

It's arguably not worth using Gimlet at the end of any of his combos unless you're confident that it will kill, you have meter to burn, or you want to DHC. It scales worse than any other hyper and is more useful as a punish than a combo ender in general.
I know, right? Bionic Arm does exactly the same damage as Gimlet if they're the first hit in a combo, but Bionic Arm scales much less heavily.

Dormammu is the truth. I can't say it enough. +1 for the Dark Dimension Army here.

Say what now? Are you saying this because you're picking up Dormammu?

SmokeMaxX

People are confused that timing factors into hitstun deterioration? That's why for long combos a lot of times you want to do things as fast as possible so that you can finish your combo later. It's not like you're just randomly missing a chain at the end of a long combo.

FSLink

Banned

c.L c.M cH S xx TK Scatter Shot -> Gimlet as arrows are falling -> cH -> whatever

Generally not worth the meter usage, but it does look awesome.
Also as a Hawkeye player, abuse the hell out of speed shot and piercing bolt. Speed Shot outspeeds tons of super's startups, and piercing bolt goes through most projectiles. Dr. Doom throwing out beams? Piercing bolt and make him stop.

http://www.twitch.tv/fslink/b/327312414
Currently trying to learn Spencer. Anybody know the notation for the zip loop? I do c.L M H Web Zip up-right, j.M j.H S Up Grapple, but I dunno how to do the full thing. :/

Solune

Time does factor into the hitstun. A good example to test with is if you hitconfirm with Zero's Buster and do your whatever 2x relaunch combo, the opponent may flip out of the 3rd Sentsuizan xx Buster if you do the OTG Sentsuizan too late for the 3rd relaunch.

Anyways,

To do Rising Sun into the follow up you have to Trick which you should press H immediately when the 2nd kick hits. You have to Super Jump into the J.M, it's not that tight of a link because you can Super Jump into J.H during this hit confirm. Also sometimes it's good to only do one J.M because there's a chance the opponent may be too small / low for the second J.M to hit.

As for the Notation for the Dark Hole SH loop combo it should be
MH (Call Dormammu) Stinger (delay a little bit) SH (the Upper Slash should hit the opponent into the Dark Hole) SHSH xx Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > c.H Stinger (wallbounce) xx Trick L or M (Doesn't matter) > c.H xx Lunar Phase > High Time.

You can of course call Morrigan any time during this combo after Dormammu is done.

Time does factor into the hitstun. A good example to test with is if you hitconfirm with Zero's Buster and do your whatever 2x relaunch combo, the opponent may flip out of the 3rd Sentsuizan xx Buster if you do the OTG Sentsuizan too late for the 3rd relaunch.

Anyways,

To do Rising Sun into the follow up you have to Trick which you should press H immediately when the 2nd kick hits. You have to Super Jump into the J.M, it's not that tight of a link because you can Super Jump into J.H during this hit confirm. Also sometimes it's good to only do one J.M because there's a chance the opponent may be too small / low for the second J.M to hit.

As for the Notation for the Dark Hole SH loop combo it should be
MH (Call Dormammu) Stinger (delay a little bit) SH (the Upper Slash should hit the opponent into the Dark Hole) SHSH xx Roundtrip > SH xx Judgement Cut L > c.H Stinger (wallbounce) xx Trick L or M (Doesn't matter) > c.H xx Lunar Phase > High Time.

You can of course call Morrigan any time during this combo after Dormammu is done.
Oh okay, I was confused because you just said "j.MMHS" instead of "sj". I thought there was a way to jump link into a full magic series. I'll check out the Dormammu combo - thanks!

Color me convinced on the HSD timing issue.

sephi22

If you ever want to learn more advanced combos with Hawkeye, I recommend a combo movie i made
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JUVhRlTtR6w&gl=AE

(If the link doesnt work, search umvc3 team saints row combos)

Has some tech like net arrow loops mid-combo, Hawkeye DHC glitch starter, getting a ToD on Akuma, etc. Its probably the only Hawkeye combo video in existence. The SRK Hawkeye thread is not very active since people always use him as anchor. I think Hawkeye can do damage on point but its not his best position by any means

Azure J

Say what now? Are you saying this because you're picking up Dormammu?

Yeah. :lol

I'm just having a lot of fun with him, even though the most I'm doing right now is speed casting with lots of tridash, spells and liberation shenanigans. One of my absolute favorite things I've done in a match was win because the opponent ws setting up an entry mixup and called an assist while jumping at me only for me to respond with a empty Liberation to teleport back to the ground and cancel that immediately into a Chaotic Flame as they pressed their button.

It also feels nice to have a team full of people that get real damage from TACs. Magnus babby mode stuff (j.S - c.LMHS - j.H - adf - Magblast L - dash forward or in the corner land - s.S - j.MH - TAC) to Dorm (j.MH - Fly - j.L - j.H - Dark Hole L - j.H - Dark Hole L - TAC) to Devil Trigger'd Dante ( j.MH - Vortex - jump - j.H Vortex - double jump - j.H - Fly - j.MH - Air Play - Dash if midscreen - j.MH - Air Play - Dash if midscreen - j.MMH - Vortex - j.S) is the sickest fucking thing.

So_good.gif

Sigmaah

2nd MadCatz TE broke in less than 5 months, COME ON WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

First one broke within less than a year. Got pissed and waited a while, got a new one, breaks within 5 months... Also, I can promise you, nothing I or any of my friends did affected the messing up of any of my sticks, I just plug it in one day and BAM, the joystick won't move left or some other direction when I move it. I don't feel that I should buy a new part because it isn't my fault that it broke. What to do?!?

First one broke within less than a year. Got pissed and waited a while, got a new one, breaks within 5 months... Also, I can promise you, nothing I or any of my friends did affected the messing up of any of my sticks, I just plug it in one day and BAM, the joystick won't move left or some other direction when I move it. I don't feel that I should buy a new part because it isn't my fault that it broke. What to do?!?

PM or tweet Marky, he can help out.

SmokeMaxX

Is the stick set to "dp" mode? Or.is it on ls or rs?

TWILT

Banned
Anyone know any BnB midscreen Magneto combos? I'm thinking about running team Brotherhood (Dante/Vergil/Magneto), but I barely know how to use the master of magnetism.

Anyone know any BnB midscreen Magneto combos? I'm thinking about running team Brotherhood (Dante/Vergil/Magneto), but I barely know how to use the master of magnetism.

LMHS, jH air dash forward, jH xx Magnetic Blast L, dash forward, S, jH(as low as possible) air dash forward, jH xx flight mode, jLH air dash forward jH air dash forward jH air dash forward jH, air dash forward jMMHS, Gravity Squeeze

That's a relatively simple one that will serve as a foundation for wherever you want to go with Magneto.

Even simpler:

LMHS, jH airdash forward jM xx flight, jLH air dash forward jH air dash forward jH air dash forward jH, air dash forward jMMHS, Gravity Squeeze

JeTmAn81

What is the best way of transitioning from a flight loop into hyper grav and the superior Magnetic Tempest ender on the ground, anyway? Cancelling flight forces you to hit them with a j.H on the way down which is slightly tricky, while simply air dashing downward usually leaves me in flight mode where you can't subsequently super jump.

paul187

Hey guys, I showed my friend parts of top 8 Marvel at EVO and he was really into it. Now I'm trying to get more clips to show him. I want to show him some hype commentary too.

So far I got

ChrisG vs Marlin from Curleh 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24QEXQvsg4&feature=related (mostly for commentary)
Fchamp vs RayRay ECT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1CeZBlEss
Smooth Viper vs Fchamp ECT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Y_bpr5i94
Unkown vs Andre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37PpG7EBjjU

Any other suggestions? I'm trying to find that insane Zak bennet combo too.

SFIV would be appreciated too.

shaowebb

Hey guys, I showed my friend parts of top 8 Marvel at EVO and he was really into it. Now I'm trying to get more clips to show him. I want to show him some hype commentary too.

So far I got

ChrisG vs Marlin from Curleh 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24QEXQvsg4&feature=related (mostly for commentary)
Fchamp vs RayRay ECT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1CeZBlEss
Smooth Viper vs Fchamp ECT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Y_bpr5i94
Unkown vs Andre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37PpG7EBjjU

Any other suggestions? I'm trying to find that insane Zak bennet combo too.

SFIV would be appreciated too.

Bar fights Justin Wong vs FChamp

Final Round montage of Kusoru Ageo Joe dominating with Joe/Frank/Rocket Raccoon

What is the best way of transitioning from a flight loop into hyper grav and the superior Magnetic Tempest ender on the ground, anyway? Cancelling flight forces you to hit them with a j.H on the way down which is slightly tricky, while simply air dashing downward usually leaves me in flight mode where you can't subsequently super jump.

airdash down, jHS. the s cancels flight, but you're too low for it to come out so you just land. you can just tap HSH and you get the second H immediately on landing.

Dahbomb

Other matches to consider:

ChrisG vs FChamp - CEO and ECT edition
Combofiend vs DiosX - The legendary up grapple
Trish/RR/PW player (Wolf Street) vs Infrit - WNF
Clockwork vs Fanatiq - Bar Fights
Clockwork vs Mamepsider - EVO Top 32
MarlinPie vs FChamp - Shadowloo Showdown Grand Finals
Kusuru vs America - Final Round
ChrisG vs Justin "Marvelous" Wong - Winter Brawl Grand Finals
Justin "Marvelous" Wong vs Mine - SCR
Justin "Marvelous" Wong vs Combofiend - EVO top 16
Zak Bennet vs Tokido - WCG Loser Finals
The Shuma Gorath player FT10

Probably a lot more that I am forgetting.

Damn I miss me some high level Marvel... Seasons Beating can't get here fast enough.

shaowebb

Ooh, I just thought of a really good one to show him. Anyone got the stream archive when Bum cleaned house with his Haggar/Chris team early in the year before anyone had faced that combo?

Guy was getting so many resets it brought tears to my eyes and he NEEDS to see the Mayor of Earth putting it down. That and maybe the stream where Justin was running team random select all night and sending folks home to be a family man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom