• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just came up with a new team a month ago but I'm not sure if it would go far for me. I have been rocking that team for awhile and I really like the team. However, I felt that my team could be flawed depend on the teams that opposite using.

Cap. America (Charging Shield)
Dr. Doom (Hidden Missile or Plasma Beam)
Wesker (Samurai Edge)

Rate me please, and any feedbacks would be appreciated.

I just came up with a new team a month ago but I'm not sure if it would go far for me. I have been rocking that team for awhile and I really like the team. However, I felt that my team could be flawed depend on the teams that opposite using.

Cap. America (Charging Shield)
Dr. Doom (Hidden Missile or Plasma Beam)
Wesker (Samurai Edge)

Rate me please, and any feedbacks would be appreciated.

I hope you have a really good doom. If Captain America dies you're left with Doom + gun shot assist. It's doable by players like Josh Wong, but then again Josh Wong is a beast.

I rather have Wesker, Doom, but that's just me. Plus Wesker anchor to me is not even derpy enough anymore. I think everyone knows what to do against ti at this point.

LakeEarth

Its a problem with the point/doom/wesker or wesker/doom teams. Gunshot does nothing for doom in second slot, save for unblockables. Beam assist is great for both wesker and cap, but doom is a weak xf3 character. It's really personal preference, either way the team has a deficiency, but if you like the characters go for it.

Doom is a weak XF3 character?

How so?

Just not derpy enough compare to the other shit out there. No teleports either but it's totally doable since F. Champ kind of won EVO with it.

Really just comes down to how good is your air throwing, and movement with doom. Since most of your hits with x-factor level 3 doom is going to start off

A) throw
B) the stupid butter gun confirmed into jump A into of course foot dive!
C) air dash in front of their face 100 times then go lows (we all know this always work...)
D) Random ass foot dive (I know we all know this shit works).

It's a problem when the other guy is on the opposite side of the screen, but it's doable with that butter gun or just going underneath their super jump and throw the mother fucker.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Beef is beasting on Degen in a wrestling match.

ibw7fyuVO5bfk5.gif

Marz

Just not derpy enough compare to the other shit out there. No teleports either but it's totally doable since F. Champ kind of won EVO with it.

Really just comes down to how good is your air throwing, and movement with doom. Since most of your hits with x-factor level 3 doom is going to start off

A) throw
B) the stupid butter gun confirmed into gun
C) air dash in front of their face 100 times then go lows (we all know this always work...)
D) Random ass foot dive (I know we all know this shit works).

It's a problem when the other guy is on the opposite side of the screen, but it's doable with that butter gun or just going underneath their super jump and throw the mother fucker.

Ah I see.

Which characters are generally considered the best anchors?

Like Vergil, Hawkeye, Ammy, Strider etc right?

I just got done playing with someone, first time I've played Marvel online in a while. Was getting bodied and there seemed to be a lot of delay, so all I could put up with was 8 games. I really need help with this game and would like to play with some of you guys.

psn: Solidgear91

I just got done playing with someone, first time I've played Marvel online in a while. Was getting bodied and there seemed to be a lot of delay, so all I could put up with was 8 games. I really need help with this game and would like to play with some of you guys.

psn: Solidgear91
Check the Google Doc in the OP for my PSN, and add yourself in.

One of the funnest things about playing Phoenix is getting someone who just wants to run away, but doesn't have the life lead to pull it off. Everything you do just screams "I KNOW THIS IS UNSAFE, I DARE YOU TO KILL ME". Empty trijumps all over the place, TK Overdrive H in their face, wavedashing into throws...so good.

Azure J

One of the funnest things about playing Phoenix is getting someone who just wants to run away, but doesn't have the life lead to pull it off. Everything you do just screams "I KNOW THIS IS UNSAFE, I DARE YOU TO KILL ME". Empty trijumps all over the place, TK Overdrive H in their face, wavedashing into throws...so good.

The best is that moment of supreme near rage you can see in them when they actually have a mobile character for the runaway or a legit anti-Phoenix character, decide to go for a time out win because "lol regular ass Jean" and then eat that one Fireball/Trap/f.H/j.d+H into a quick XF3 cancel to "FINE" infinite. It's like a mix of "fuck I knew she could do that" and "fuck, why can she do that" all at the same time. :lol

The best is that moment of supreme near rage you can see in them when they actually have a mobile character for the runaway or a legit anti-Phoenix character, decide to go for a time out win because "lol regular ass Jean" and then eat that one Fireball/Trap/f.H/j.d+H into a quick XF3 cancel to "FINE" infinite. It's like a mix of "fuck I knew she could do that" and "fuck, why can she do that" all at the same time. :lol
In Vanilla, I was so angry at myself for having a borderline full health team against Phoenix with just a sliver, and using Sphere Flame to catch her on a trijump. -_- I thought "A ha, caught you!" Then my team died.

Grecco

I know Dahbomb has mentioned 2 teams before and how the meta game is going in that direciton and hearing DJ Houshen say he now has a Vergil/Felicia/Taskmaster team and a Taskmaster/dormammu/skrull team

how many folks here run 2 teams?

I know Dahbomb has mentioned 2 teams before and how the meta game is going in that direciton and hearing DJ Houshen say he now has a Vergil/Felicia/Taskmaster team and a Taskmaster/dormammu/skrull team

I don't really. I kinda of have a different mentality. I play to win, but at the same time I don't counter pick and pick only top tier broken teams. I play my team and try to do the very best that I can do with JUST that team. Even when I run into a team that totally has the advantage on me, I just try to do what I can with my three characters and just hope I get a smidge bit better every so often.

I don't have an overall tier list like everyone else. I have team SlasherMcGirk enemy team tier lists. Teams that MY team has trouble against. I aim to be the best/good PW/Hulk/Wesker team player, not the best Marvel player.

rexor0717

Would swapping one character for another constitute an entirely different team? I have Task/Doom/Nova which is focused on TODs with Taskmaster. Then I have Nova/Doom/Strider which is really utilized the Strider assist to mess with people while doing some Nova/Doom keep away.

i guess my serious team right now is spencer/taskmaster/akuma or wesker

my fun team is usually hulk/sentinel/hawkeye.

then for BSing, i usually just pick three out of the following:
hulk
ryu
hawkeye
deadpool
sentinel
captain america

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I run 1 million teams.

FSLink

Banned

I run like 20 teams at a decent level, lol.

Dante/Vergil/Doom
Dormammu/Strange/Doom
Ryu/Dormammu/Strange
Ryu/Wesker/Hawkeye
Wesker/Doom/Hawkeye
Zero/Frank West/Dante
Zero/Vergil/Dante
Wolverine/Phoenix Wright/Doom
Phoenix Wright/Wesker/Dante
Spencer/Sentinel/Hawkeye
Strange/Vergil/Doom
Zero/Doom/Phoenix

and it goes on and on.
Zero/Frank West/Dante tends to be my go to though.

TWILT

Banned
Though I run a bunch of different teams for fun, my "serious" teams are...

Vergil/Dante/Strider (main)
Dante/Vergil/Magneto (recently)
Vergil/Dante/Nova
Wesker/Dante/Strider
Chris/Dante/Amaterasu (gonna try out Hawkeye instead of Ammy soon)

hitsugi

Thanks....So Chou and Kusoro were probably the only ones who had a chance?

I kinda doubt it.. as much as I like Chou (even though he quit Strider for Wesker), he doesn't bring anything very unique to the table against Wong. Wong's Wolverine/Akuma on the other hand, seems to be a whole other story for Japanese players.

Solune

Main teams
Spencer/Vergil/Doom - Main team, rush down central
Zero/Hulk/Dante - When zero fucks want to be given
Chris/Morrigan/Strider - lol, the "zoning" team, gonna be changing it for sure
Wesker/Storm/Dorm - Dat elemental THC

Experimental teams
Nemesis/Firebrand/Cap
Ironfist/Nova/Ryu
Strider/Cap/Sent
Sometimes i play The Brotherhood.

Right now I really feel that Hawkeye and Strange have really good synergy so I'm working with them, they used to be on my Chris team so I might be falling back onto that.

Azure J

I'm nearing the point where I'll just run a bunch of characters in different sets of 3 versus having different teams and liking it so far, but in terms of teams:

Dante/Amaterasu/Strider - the main
Dante/Dormammu/Magneto - the mistress
Dante/Felicia/Phoenix or Zero/Dante/Phoenix - the hot secretary I hit on from time to time

Speaking of Phoenix again, TK Overdrive is a stuuuuuuupidly good assist. I so wish if Jean wasn't made of cards though so I wouldn't feel so bad about calling her while approaching with Zero. TK Overdrive assist - Hienkyaku H - Raikousen L/Sentsuizan M/H - Buster is some animaaaaaay looking shit for one mix up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting from FGW thread:

Excerpt from the latest Ask Capcom, Svennson talks character inclusion process in future and current Capcom crossovers:
DMKTENN: I love the MVC games but could you please contriubute a little bit more for the streetfighters in the games. I mean you added C. Viper which was a good choice but in the future would it be possible to add more it makes sense because streetfighter is possibly the biggest franchise you guys have...

Svennson: At the moment, there are no MvC4 plans to speak of, however let's talk about hypothetical crossovers with Capcom in general.

We are blessed with a huge array of franchises that have hundreds of characters that people would like to see. While I don't have final say on such things, I do enjoy being able to provide input and I disagree with the approach of loading in a huge amount Street Fighter characters (and I say that despite the fact that my business financially benefits on an intra-company basis from such an activity given that CUSA owns the SF IP).

I think for UMVC3, we got it "right" with SF's presence among the cast. We've had demands for many more characters from franchises that had zero representation in a game that had a huge number of characters, and unfortunately, we'll never be able to address everyone's requests. Adding more SF characters would push out other franchises that would deserve a slot or slots.

In any event though, thanks for the suggestion.​

Woah, Capcom USA owns the Street Fighter IP?

On the alt teams note, I have a lot of teams, and most of them let me scrub out wins with gimmicks before the opponent figures out what's going on.

Moment everybody has been waiting for.

UMVC3 top 4
. Nobody stands a chance against Justin there. It'll be like putting up GAF against Daigo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtYbitINpKU
Thanks Kadey! Pretty sad matches, though. JWong tore them all apart.

Odinson

I hope we get a MvC4 for next gen. I think they did get it right as far as character selection went. Everyone wants thier favorite character in but sometimes they add nothing to the game or would be a clone of another character. At first I was down on thier selection as there were a bunch of characters I had never heard of, but once I played them some became my faves.

On teams, I have 3 teams that I play regularly and a bunch that I mess around with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some new artwork to promote the MvC UDON collection. Source at Capcom-Unity has the original pencil and inkwork that was done by one artist, and the coloration done by another (seen below).

7bff7028ed61a0764082cac8177adb59.jpg

It's $30 on Amazon.ca.. I think I'm gonna bite. It's been tempting me, I've had the tab open for a week just seducing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom