• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha.

Also, re: TV lag, it doesn't matter what your TV's lag is for combo timing. If your TV is laggy, you'll just learn to do the inputs differently than someone without a laggy TV. That's not to say that lag doesn't matter in the game at all, it's just not important for combos if it's the only TV you play on, since the timing will still be consistent within a laggy environment.

True but if you try to do the combos visually it really fucks you up. Maybe I'm just old school but I was always taught to never play a game on anything bigger than 32 (this way pre SF4 btw).

After SF4 explosion and all these T.V I don't know exactly what the new deal is but just no LED, or OLED.

I've only played on fighting games on 50+ once and it was terrible.

True but if you try to do the combos visually it really fucks you up. Maybe I'm just old school but I was always taught to never play a game on anything bigger than 32 (this way pre SF4 btw).

After SF4 explosion and all these T.V I don't know exactly what the new deal is but just no LED, or OLED.

I find the lag on my 50" Plasma to be just fine. I think it might have less lag than the old 23". I prefer not to check how much lag there is, because if there is lag, it will make me feel like I need a better TV for Marvel. I prefer to live without that thought!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Moons play on Big Two 39. Totally gonna steal some of his tech.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've finally gotten X-23 and Wesker's combos down to the point where I can do them consistently, which is awesome. Anyone have any Hawkeye combos I can focus on? I figure once I have that down I will start learning how to call in assists.

SmokeMaxX

LED isn't inherently bad. The VH238H is LED (backlit) and has the same input lag as the VH236H.

Darksim

So is s.S, s.H pretty much a standard thing you can slot in between a Round Trip and Judgment Cut during the loop sequence now? I've been doing c.H into Judgment Cut but that usually drops in the corner. I'm definitely interested in something that will help me hit that consistently.

c.H > Judgement Cut doesn't work in the corner. SH > Judgement Cut doesn't work in the corner either unless you time it almost inhumanly perfect. If you back up an inch it does work though.

SH in between also causes them to get hit differently by the Judgement Cut and I find timing the c.H afterwards to be a guessing game. SH also doesn't combo under max HSD, which can occur pretty quickly with Vergil.

I would suggest you change up your loop once you get to the corner, or use Rapid Slash to change sides before you get to the corner. If I really need to, before I get to the corner I do Swords > Lunar Phase > Round Trip > c.H > Rapid Slash, and then cancel the third hit into swords so that they don't flip out due to HSD, and it puts you on the other side.

I don't suggest doing Lunar Phase after this though, the Rapid Slash pushes them all the way up to you, so three swords get eaten at once and they often end up directly above you after the Lunar Phase and fall out due to the Round Trip being thrown the other way. Just do some Helm Breakers and resume a normal loop afterwards.

The word "tomorrow" is tricky when said at 2AM. Do you mean today? I can play for a bit. Aren't you all up in P4A, though?

I can't play ranked because online is doodoo, but I'll play people I know have good connections! I'm available to play now.

And yeah P4A is awesome, but I miss wavedashing.

I can't play ranked because online is doodoo, but I'll play people I know have good connections! I'm available to play now.

And yeah P4A is awesome, but I miss wavedashing.
I'll be on in 20 minutes or so.

Things I learned from GB today:
Phoenix doesn't go Dark if killed by Soul Drain
Dark Dimension has a hitbox behind it

GGs Karst my goal was to win more than 10% of the games for my personal record.

...:-(

WHY CAN'T I DO BASIC MAGNETO COMBOS ONLINE

save me

save me wolverine

GGs Karst my goal was to win more than 10% of the games for my personal record.

...:-(

WHY CAN'T I DO BASIC MAGNETO COMBOS ONLINE

save me

save me wolverine
GGs, my Vergil is so terrible. I haven't played since the last time I posted about the new team, so my play with him hasn't improved. Good thing I have all that extra meter to Dark Angel since I can't do combos yet, haha. I did much better with him if I wasn't charging Round Trip. I'm just not used to having to hold a button, and I'm a LM dasher by habit, so it messes with my dashing and pushblocking to have that L button held.

Solune

So is s.S, s.H pretty much a standard thing you can slot in between a Round Trip and Judgment Cut during the loop sequence now? I've been doing c.H into Judgment Cut but that usually drops in the corner. I'm definitely interested in something that will help me hit that consistently.

Whenever a Roundtrip sequence is started (assuming before a DHC and while Vergil is on point), you may substitute c.H with SH even in the corner though the timing is alot tighter as Darksim noted. Midscreen is perfectly fine but again as Darksim stated, Judgement Cut causes them to juggle differently than when using c.H so the timing differs between character size and spacing.

Pros of using SH
+ Double meter gain of c.H
+ x2 damage of c.H (4k @ max scaling, SH is 4.5k+3.7k respectively)
+ Able to Roundtrip combo facing the corner

Cons of using SH
- Is not usable (usually) after a DHC into Vergil
- Cannot manipulate timing like c.H (c.H timing is pretty much always consistent and is perfect for following up into Lunar Phase during the SS loop, Yipes has said that's why he does it)
- Sometimes opponent may be too high or too close to Vergil before starting Spiral Swords loop which causes the loop to drop

After doing a point blank Roundtrip in the corner, depending on how the opponent is juggled by Roundtrip like height and how many hits it gets(usually two or three), you may add c.H before the SH and still juggle the opponent.

Just wanted to note that these combos are all with Vergil on point and I just wanted to try to reach max damage with him on point, thus SH usually isn't used in combos when DHCing into him because max hitstun scaling is almost reached by the time Vergil comes in with SS. I've also recorded a whole bunch of other teams with Vergil, just haven't uploaded them.

Vergil and Dorm are my two least favorite matchups for Magneto, I'm so lost.

vs Vergil, it's basically,

1. jump back Magblast
  2. doom missles + EMD
  3. hope I don't get crossed up
  4. please block missles on the ground so I can unblockable you
  5. oh god he pulled the sword out

Vergil and Dorm are my two least favorite matchups for Magneto, I'm so lost.

vs Vergil, it's basically,

1. jump back Magblast
  2. doom missles + EMD
  3. hope I don't get crossed up
  4. please block missles on the ground so I can unblockable you
  5. oh god he pulled the sword out
Against Dormammu, Magnetic Blast is just asking for Purification, and it's a trade Dormammu is happy to make, since I'll get another Purification on you before you do anything after the trade. I think the best thing for you to do is be very mobile, so I'm hesitant to throw out Purification where you are.

Dormammu and Vergil are both spacing characters, and I think they need to be overwhelmed. Too often I knew you were sitting back waiting for Hidden Missiles to become available again. You should be in my face all the time for as long as possible. Too many slow c.L confirmations. You shouldn't hesitate to do things like tridash j.S, fly, j.S to mess with me. You also have a bad habit of ending blockstrings in Magneto's launcher.

And what happened to sticking with Sentinel and RR?!

I feel like I was playing a little bit smarter with Wolverine, but maybe I was just turtling. I kept getting scared of Vergil with Magneto because every time I rushed in I got slapped out of the air.

I feel like I was playing a little bit smarter with Wolverine, but maybe I was just turtling. I kept getting scared of Vergil with Magneto because every time I rushed in I got slapped out of the air.
Dunno. We didn't play long enough for me to figure it out.

GB you're using Wolverine now? What's the team?
I think it's more that he just wanted to see how Wolverine did. It didn't feel like a Wolverine team.

Yeah, Jaguar Dash isn't really the optimal tool for him lol

I was just playing without assists. I like Wolverine though, his wavedash is really fun. I should probably just make a team of really simple characters and dedicate some time to learning to play.

Yeah, Jaguar Dash isn't really the optimal tool for him lol

I was just playing without assists. I like Wolverine though, his wavedash is really fun. I should probably just make a team of really simple characters and dedicate some time to learning to play.
Just run Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma. Really effective and fun to play. You can replace Wolverine with X-23 and get the same effect-ish.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I want to play more Wolverine, but they made it such a chore to wavedash with him. I either get Swiss Cheese if I try and "plink" dash or randumb Beserker Charge if I try and wavedash. No sloppy inputs.

I want to play more Wolverine, but they made it such a chore to wavedash with him. I either get Swiss Cheese if I try and "plink" dash or randumb Beserker Charge if I try and wavedash. No sloppy inputs.
His dash is so good, you rarely need to wavedash. You might as well dash, call an assist, and Berserker Slash if you're that far away. Or be patient and dash, crouch, wait a moment to see how your opponent responds, etc.

Sorry about that Slasher. I'm still up for games (or Beef, if you want to play).

I got a call for a job interview, so that took precedence. Previously my wife call, and that took precedence, haha. Sorry for all the interruptions in our games.

Edit:
First there are 3 people wanting to play me, then none. -_- Someone get your butt on here.

Sorry about that Slasher. I'm still up for games (or Beef, if you want to play).

I got a call for a job interview, so that took precedence. Previously my wife call, and that took precedence, haha. Sorry for all the interruptions in our games.

Edit:
First there are 3 people wanting to play me, then none. -_- Someone get your butt on here.

It's cool its what I figured. I didn't notice any jumps in our games from my side. Sorry Beef Karst beat you to it i guess. It was an open call.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Good games today good games. GGs istayhi, Agent_Peculia, and JuiceCity

also fuck you JuiceCity, scrubbiest Phoenix I've ever played against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom