• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he talks as if he is complete garbage. Surely someone who has vast Mahvel knowledge has a little bit of skill lol.

Also more people need to be on mics. I only don't because no body ever does.

Dahbomb

Vergil isnt even a footsie character.
Yes he is. You basically need two things to be a great footsie character (on the ground). A great wave dash that you can cancel normals out of and great normals that have great coverage and come out reasonably fast. No one is ever going to try to play footsies with Vergil (except maybe Ghost Rider but he's ass anyway). His footsies are so good that in order to keep it balanced they had to not give him whiff cancel specials otherwise he would just footsie everyone to death by throwing out normals with impunity. DT Vergil is basically what that would look all the time... it would be silly.

Best footsie characters in the game IMO (ground version, there is a separate category for aerial footsies):

Vergil
Taskmaster
Wesker
Dante
Hawkeye
Frank West (leveled up)
Ryu
Captain America
Wolverine
Amaterasu

Iron Fist is supposed to be a footsie character in fact I am pretty sure he has been labelled as one quite a few times before. He has an exceptional wave dash and forward moving normals. Thing is that this is the only thing he is good at and he isn't even the best at it.

Iron Man would've had godly footsies if he had an actual wave dash.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Panda do you think my Hulk lacks pressure? I feel like I am more defensive and trying to find opportunities or create set ups. Seeing your Hulk and some other Hulks it always seems they are on the offensive at all times. Wither it's gamma charging up and down with continued strikes constantly or abusing assists to create safety for Hulks normals. I guess it's because I guess normally those Hulks are on point maybe?

With the assists you have you kind of have to play like that. Get 'Em Missile is an ok assist for helping Hulk get in but there are far better assists, namely Drones.

With the assists you have you kind of have to play like that. Get 'Em Missile is an ok assist for helping Hulk get in but there are far better assists, namely Drones.
A part of me wonders: since Get 'Em Missile is so slow of a projectile, can it make Gamma Charge safe if you call it right beforehand? Seems like it's worth exploring.

Vice

Are you forgetting X-23? No reason to rank her far from Wolverine.

Off of who's front throw?

Captain America, Ryu, Frank, Arthur, Chun, Akuma, Joe, Hsien-Ko, Amaterasu, Tony Stark, Spider-Man, Jean, She Hulk and Vergil. No clue about the DLC characters.

You can use Thors too but he recovers in enough time to use other otg assists.

Captain America, Ryu, Frank, Arthur, Chun, Akuma, Joe, Hsien-Ko, Amaterasu, Tony Stark, Spider-Man, Jean, She Hulk and Vergil. No clue about the DLC characters.

You can use Thors too but he recovers in enough time to use other otg assists.
Sounds very new to me. I'm honestly in disbelief that it works.

Dahbomb

Are you forgetting X-23? No reason to rank her far from Wolverine.?
I just listed 10 characters off the top of my head.

X-23 has a better ground dash but Wolverine has better range on his normals. His cr.L, st.L and even his st.H are great normals to throw out because of their range and speed. X-23 doesn't quite have the range of Wolverine and thus can't judiciously throw out normals like Wolverine can.

Vice

Sounds very new to me. I'm honestly in disbelief that it works.

Stone Smite's start up is pretty long. All of there throws are fast and have the character land in smite's range. It won't work on anything that pushes them out of range or has a long animation. It should work for fast air throws too, but I've only tested Cap's (It let syou get off a full combo)

Just dash or teleport over to the character while they're wall bouncing and hit them with a normal or special you can combo with.

Hitstun scaling kicks in majorly after the 13th input though.

It works for a few more characters in the corner but those I listed can use it anywhere on screen.

I just listed 10 characters off the top of my head.

X-23 has a better ground dash but Wolverine has better range on his normals. His cr.L, st.L and even his st.H are great normals to throw out because of their range and speed. X-23 doesn't quite have the range of Wolverine and thus can't judiciously throw out normals like Wolverine can.
X-23 is all SWISH SWISH though, and her attacks look cool. I dig you on just listing 10.

Stone Smite's start up is pretty long. All of there throws are fast and have the character land in smite's range. It won't work on anything that pushes them out of range or has a long animation. It should work for fast air throws too, but I've only tested Cap's (It let syou get off a full combo)

Hitstun scaling kicks in majorly after the 13th input though.

It works for a few more characters in the corner but those I listed can use it anywhere on screen.
Oh, you mean calling it before the throw? I don't think that's really noteworthy.

Edit: Fun fact - Luminous Body, XF3 Firebrand can link s.M into itself 5 times (6 hits total).

Since FG Weekly thread is dead there's a $6,000 (CAN) match going on between Quandizzle and Bee.

twitch.tv/edmontongamers

Noel Brown on the mic. I don't see much Canadian play but this is rather sloppy. Seen a few good combos but overall rather messy.

Dahbomb

Since FG Weekly thread is dead there's a $6,000 (CAN) match going on between Quandizzle and Bee.

twitch.tv/edmontongamers

Noel Brown on the mic. I don't see much Canadian play but this is rather sloppy. Seen a few good combos but overall rather messy.
Who the hell is Bee? Quan is solid he should take this.

Just tuned in, Bee is leading 9-11. His Frank is serious.

Everything says I should join team blue coat between Dah's comment, Sparda Son synergy and the like, but Dante is just so much more fun.

Edit: Frantic is really the other me I swear.
Edit 2: Season's Beatings should have had a Dante VS. Vergil event. Kappa

Yeah great idea lol.

Competent Dantes: Yipes, EG rog, dickwin

Competent Vergils: Everyone

Who the hell is Bee? Quan is solid he should take this.

Bee from West Canada and he winning right now over Quan.

Been been around ever since vanilla. It was always him and demintraix? (that guy that played Tokido's team).

Justin raped him with his C and D squad though, but overall he's solid. Great at times, but drops too many combo to hang with the U.S.

I respect his Dante anchor though.

Bee wins 15 - 10 over Quandizzle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, any archives of that MM yet? Want to watch it.

That's the biggest Marvel 3 MM yet. What's the history behind it?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's too bad the one time I nearly perfected him it was his cousin playing instead :(

edit- oh and thanks kadey for streaming after I bugged you about it

Dahbomb

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom