• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nah I went 3-2 with the guy. It's just the things this guy did was blech. Dude had no mixups with Phoenix. I was in the corner for a good 8 seconds just blocking, I was looking for the overhead this guy never gave. And that time he was DP xfactor'd with Dante assist, still couldn't open me up.

His regular Phoenix was horrendous too. Every teleport was followed up by 4-5 cr. L's even if I wasn't that close. Dude looked like a doofus doing that.

It's why I hate playing Morrigans online. It's not because they're good or anything, but their strategy is Dash j. S into cr. L X10000. It looks so fucking stupid.

gaaaah

Nah I went 3-2 with the guy. It's just the things this guy did was blech. Dude had no mixups with Phoenix. I was in the corner for a good 8 seconds just blocking, I was looking for the overhead this guy never gave. And that time he was DP xfactor'd with Dante assist, still couldn't open me up.

His regular Phoenix was horrendous too. Every teleport was followed up by 4-5 cr. L's even if I wasn't that close. Dude looked like a doofus doing that.

It's why I hate playing Morrigans online. It's not because they're good or anything, but their strategy is Dash j. S into cr. L X10000. It looks so fucking stupid.

gaaaah
I've had several people say Morrigan is just like Ryu with an air dash in this game. It makes me kick a kitten.

I was using Wolverine for the first time in a while :)
He must require more thinking than you're used to. ;-)

Nert

Just hit 2nd Lord on Xbox Live and it feels great! It'll be fun to see just how far I can take Tron/Super Skrull/Arthur. I have to admit, though, that a lot of my wins probably stem more from unfamiliarity with my team than from my own skill (I get way too many simple cross-ups with the Stone Dunk/Dagger assist combo).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about that Slasher. I'm still up for games (or Beef, if you want to play).

I got a call for a job interview, so that took precedence. Previously my wife call, and that took precedence, haha. Sorry for all the interruptions in our games.

Edit:
First there are 3 people wanting to play me, then none. -_- Someone get your butt on here.

Good luck for your interview!

Azure J

Viper on P1 side: OMG I think I'm getting the hang of her neutral/Rapid Seismo is so cool looking. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Viper on P2 side: Oh my God, this bitch is a liability, save me Danty pls

I want to make a legit video sometime.

Good luck for your interview!
Thanks! I worked as a practice interviewer for a year, so I tend to interview pretty well after coaching so many people. And I don't have to do a mock lesson as part of the deal, which is the part that really makes me nervous.

Viper on P1 side: OMG I think I'm getting the hang of her neutral/Rapid Seismo is so cool looking. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Viper on P2 side: Oh my God, this bitch is a liability, save me Danty pls

I want to make a legit video sometime.
When I start matches on the right side, I'm like "oh shit, time to teleport ASAP". It's funny to watch my Morrigan play from both sides. Slasher can vouch that my Soul Fist streams are mostly smooth on the left side. On the right side...I might throw a Soul Fist, fly, and then float around awkwardly while my hands mess up before I get hit out of the air.

Azure J

When I start matches on the right side, I'm like "oh shit, time to teleport ASAP". It's funny to watch my Morrigan play from both sides. Slasher can vouch that my Soul Fist streams are mostly smooth on the left side. On the right side...I might throw a Soul Fist, fly, and then float around awkwardly while my hands mess up before I get hit out of the air.

I definitely know what that's like. Playing someone who knows your weaknesses versus playing the actual game is a bitch. Nothing like getting into the air and flying with Dormammu to get the spells going only to put out a Dark Hole and realize "oh dammit, I just got crossundered again!"

Zero's running dash in this situation is OP. :lol

On another note, question guys. Do you think it's poor losing/unsportsmanlike to get upset at your performance versus X character or kinda just let the salt flow when that one thing hits you after playing the matchup cautiously even in jest? I'm asking because I really don't know what it is about this game that is so amazingly fun but makes me the most tense player ever. Hearing myself get called on it though is jarring, even more so when I'm seeing some really hilariously dumb (in a game way) things happen while the other side doesn't want to hear that "x" is bullshit because it's "taking away from their skill".

Passionate gamers are a bitch to deal with.

I definitely know what that's like. Playing someone who knows your weaknesses versus playing the actual game is a bitch. Nothing like getting into the air and flying with Dormammu to get the spells going only to put out a Dark Hole and realize "oh dammit, I just got crossundered again!"

Zero's running dash in this situation is OP. :lol

On another note, question guys. Do you think it's poor losing/unsportsmanlike to get upset at your performance versus X character or kinda just let the salt flow when that one thing hits you after playing the matchup cautiously even in jest? I'm asking because I really don't know what it is about this game that is so amazingly fun but makes me the most tense player ever. Hearing myself get called on it though is jarring, even more so when I'm seeing some really hilariously dumb (in a game way) things happen while the other side doesn't want to hear that "x" is bullshit because it's "taking away from their skill".

Passionate gamers are a bitch to deal with.
I think it depends on the context. It's poor sportmanship if you're saying "X is bullshit" in response to someone beating you. It's not if you're on here discussing the game's balance, or something. In general, poor sportsmanship is about demeaning your opponent's victory (or disallowing dignity to take form from his loss). If, in your complaint, you know that your opponent's victory is being demeaned, then I would call it poor sportsmanship.

What team are you running these days? If you can get Dormammu in safely against Zero, I tend to think that he does very well. As far as I know, Zero has no answer to Stalking Flare spam.

Azure J

I'm still sticking to the three team rule here:

Viper (Burn Kick)/Dante (Weasel Shot)/Strider (Vajra)
Zero (Ryuenjin)/Dante (Jam Session)/Phoenix (TK Overdrive)
Dante (Jam Session)/Dormammu (Dark Hole or Liberation)/Magneto (Disruptor)

Dormammu is a seriously good Zero check if he gets his space and has at least 2 meters. Nothing like seeing Zero do a late lightning on entry only to run into the tip of 2D1C.

With regard to the stuff there posted on sportmanship, well I try but there are times where you just want to laugh and say "that was fucked up" not because you are doing anything to demoralize, but just because "Hey we're playing games, that was funny I hope you can understand/see that much."

The salt comes when they don't get the latter and have to "defend their pride". Ugh. :lol

Tangent: Hawkeye is insanity. So many projectiles I never expected to work the way they do.

I'm still sticking to the three team rule here:

Viper (Burn Kick)/Dante (Weasel Shot)/Strider (Vajra)
Zero (Ryuenjin)/Dante (Jam Session)/Phoenix (TK Overdrive)
Dante (Jam Session)/Dormammu (Dark Hole or Liberation)/Magneto (Disruptor)

Dormammu is a seriously good Zero check if he gets his space and has at least 2 meters. Nothing like seeing Zero do a late lightning on entry only to run into the tip of 2D1C.

With regard to the stuff there posted on sportmanship, well I try but there are times where you just want to laugh and say "that was fucked up" not because you are doing anything to demoralize, but just because "Hey we're playing games, that was funny I hope you can understand/see that much."

The salt comes when they don't get the latter and have to "defend their pride". Ugh. :lol

Tangent: Hawkeye is insanity. So many projectiles I never expected to work the way they do.
Well, part of it depends on your relationship with your opponent. If I say "that's bullshit" after losing to a random Zero online, it's not the same as when I say it to my wife, who will laugh, point at me, and say "I BEEAAAT YOOOUUUU!" It makes my entire family happy when I lose at anything. -_-

Azure J

Karst: You have a fun wife and family it sounds like. :p

I can help, do you need to know something specific?

I don't even know what I could ask beyond the catch all "what's punishable?" I'm understanding it more, but it does seem like Hawkeye matchups instantly become "respect the fuck out of Piercing Bolt/just assume every arrow is going to be a Piercing Bolt", "jump to protect precious assists when called while he has a meter" and to zone/play the strongest neutral possible. I just hate that feeling of playing to someone else's pace so much. The last of my internal hawkeye "do nots" is to avoid doing air grabs unless you're perfect with them. j.H blows up everything. Shit's like a one hit Prop Shredder with Stinger's hitstun I swear.:lol

Karst: You have a fun wife and family it sounds like. :p
It's more of a life curse. I come off as a "know it all"/"always has to be right" kind of guy IRL, so people tend to be really, really excited when I admit to being wrong about something, or when I lose.

I don't even know what I could ask beyond the catch all "what's punishable?" I'm understanding it more, but it does seem like Hawkeye matchups instantly become "respect the fuck out of Piercing Bolt/just assume every arrow is going to be a Piercing Bolt", "jump to protect precious assists when called while he has a meter" and to zone/play the strongest neutral possible. I just hate that feeling of playing to someone else's pace so much. The last of my internal hawkeye "do nots" is to avoid doing air grabs unless you're perfect with them. j.H blows up everything. Shit's like a one hit Prop Shredder with Stinger's hitstun I swear.:lol
Hawkeye has become a lot more manageable since I started using Vergil. Hawkeye is doing his acrobatics, filling the screen with arrows, and I'm just like "LAWL SPIRAL SOWARDZ" and walk through it all. That's part of the reason Spiral Swords defenders drive me nuts. They always say "You can just superjump so he can't hurt you". Well no shit, but the teleport mix-up is not what makes Spiral Swords good. It's 1 bar to completely shift the momentum of the match in your favor, and this game is entirely about who has momentum.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
With Dante? Hmm I don't think there's much you can do with him. As far as punishable things go, Hawkeye's buttons are pretty awful but that doesn't seem to be your problem. Maybe a Hail Mary Stinger or something ahaha.

Looking at the 3 teams you posted the third one is not so bad. Distruptor is real fast and annoying and hard to punish for Hawkeye unless you're being super obvious with it.

Piercing Bolt is slow on start up... I think. I don't know frame data, it just feels slow.

blocking multiple spiral swords as the vergil player gets to do all he wants is so much fun.
I get meter so fast with Dark Harmonizer, I sometimes activate Spiral Swords just to deal chip damage and jump back and forth around my opponent because, hey, why not? It kind of kills the pace of the match, though.

With Dante? Hmm I don't think there's much you can do with him. As far as punishable things go, Hawkeye's buttons are pretty awful but that doesn't seem to be your problem. Maybe a Hail Mary Stinger or something ahaha.

Looking at the 3 teams you posted the third one is not so bad. Distruptor is real fast and annoying and hard to punish for Hawkeye.

Piercing Bolt is slow on start up... I think. I don't know frame data, it just feels slow.
Can't Dante use Air Play with relative safety? Not spam it, since you can anti-air him, but just to jump over your arrows, Air Play, and then use the projectile for cover to get in. Alternatively, turn on Devil Trigger and just Vortex in! ;-D

Piercing Bolt frame data for you both:
20 Startup / 40 Recovery (air, until grounded) / -11 on hit, -13 on block

Greyhound for comparison:
10 Startup / 9 Active / 35 Recovery / -13 on hit, -14 on block

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I forgot what that move was called. If you do Air Play at the right height (somewhere in between a super jump and a normal jump) it can be hard to hit you out of. And I think a fully charged Air Play beats Piercing Bolt, or at least trades with it.

Azure J

It's more of a life curse. I come off as a "know it all"/"always has to be right" kind of guy IRL, so people tend to be really, really excited when I admit to being wrong about something, or when I lose.

Hawkeye has become a lot more manageable since I started using Vergil. Hawkeye is doing his acrobatics, filling the screen with arrows, and I'm just like "LAWL SPIRAL SOWARDZ" and walk through it all. That's part of the reason Spiral Swords defenders drive me nuts. They always say "You can just superjump so he can't hurt you". Well no shit, but the teleport mix-up is not what makes Spiral Swords good. It's 1 bar to completely shift the momentum of the match in your favor, and this game is entirely about who has momentum.

1st part: So you're more like my brother then? :p Jokes aside,
2nd part: One of the reasons why I called Vergil the anti-comeback/anti-win factor is just because of that aspect of Swords. There is nothing more infuriating at times as playing the best defense around while he's just standing in front of you calling assists then teleporting to continue the lockdown. Well actually, there is something worse than that, getting picked up with a High Time OTG and wondering how you're getting back to land:

- Don't press a button? Jump up grab into a combo that always builds 1 meter at least for Judgement Cut super.

- Tech the grab? Option select j.H. Sorry but you just lost, no matter how far away you are.

- Air dash? Helm Splitter from deep under yourself so you can't see.

- Teleport? Lol, more swords, anti-air s.H/s.S

- (Brand new) Descend low enough without something giving downstairs? Rapid Slash to cover the ground before you know what's up.

- They're in full on troll mode? All of the above + jump confirm j.MH-Helm Splitter-High Time to do it all over again.

And then there's the idea that this is usually a ZMC team so here's Jam Session to make things even crazier. Getting Dante back to the ground after this nonsense is terrifying. :lol

blocking multiple spiral swords as the vergil player gets to do all he wants is so much fun.

There's nothing like losing while Vergil plays with his hair as you're in block stun. :lol

He's like Third Strike Chun-Li with a super that creates a revolving barrier of EX Lightning Legs I swear.

1st part: So you're more like my brother then? :p Jokes aside,
2nd part: One of the reasons why I called Vergil the anti-comeback/anti-win factor is just because of that aspect of Swords. There is nothing more infuriating at times as playing the best defense around while he's just standing in front of you calling assists then teleporting to continue the lockdown. Well actually, there is something worse than that, getting picked up with a High Time OTG and wondering how you're getting back to land:

- Don't press a button? Jump up grab into a combo that always builds 1 meter at least for Judgement Cut super.

- Tech the grab? Option select j.H. Sorry but you just lost, no matter how far away you are.

- Air dash? Helm Splitter from deep under yourself so you can't see.

- Teleport? Lol, more swords, anti-air s.H/s.S

- (Brand new) Descend low enough without something giving downstairs? Rapid Slash to cover the ground before you know what's up.

- They're in full on troll mode? All of the above + jump confirm j.MH-Helm Splitter-High Time to do it all over again.

And then there's the idea that this is usually a ZMC team so here's Jam Session to make things even crazier. Getting Dante back to the ground after this nonsense is terrifying. :lol

There's nothing like losing while Vergil plays with his hair as you're in block stun. :lol

He's like Third Strike Chun-Li with a super that creates a revolving barrier of EX Lightning Legs I swear.
Why not just j.S out of the reset? Cancel into Air Play / Hammer / Bee Sting as needed.

Azure J

Looking at the 3 teams you posted the third one is not so bad. Distruptor is real fast and annoying and hard to punish for Hawkeye unless you're being super obvious with it.

Yeah, it's jump back/play it safe Hawkeye that bugs me most. From what you've posted though, it seems like I'm playing the matchup well enough. Dante/Strider works when I guess the hole between one set of arrows and another correctly while timing the teleport and Vajra near immaculately. It also helps that my opponent is trained to jump for the air grab like 95% of the time, so full combo yay.

Disruptor is obvious deviousness, and I think there's some applications for 1D2C/2C1D assist. (Which reminds me, do you know if these retain 1st frame activations as an assist Karst?) Oddly enough, Phoenix on TK Overdrive helps a lot (which is a smaller part of a bigger discovery I made today: that team is perfect imo).

Can't Dante use Air Play with relative safety? Not spam it, since you can anti-air him, but just to jump over your arrows, Air Play, and then use the projectile for cover to get in. Alternatively, turn on Devil Trigger and just Vortex in! ;-D

Air Play as you're suggesting does work, but the issue is again with full screen Hawk. Getting the confirm between volleys is pretty hard to do consistently. Then again, maybe I should learn some other follow up/poke than land-Stinger post Air Play on block.

Re: Devil Trigger

I've turned into a very evil being lately playing this game because I saw myself getting grabbed out of Vortex's ending too many times. If I go DT with Dante, it means I'm either about to X-Factor for some Thunderbolt reps or I've given up on being nice and intend on ending this in the flashiest way possible off a TAC.

I definitely still believe in Vortex though that thing saves lives.

Yeah I forgot what that move was called. If you do Air Play at the right height (somewhere in between a super jump and a normal jump) it can be hard to hit you out of. And I think a fully charged Air Play beats Piercing Bolt, or at least trades with it.

Definitely trades.

Thanks guys for all the discussion btw. It's going to be a bit longer before I get a bit more consistent with Mahvel-GAF again and then I'm going to have to go full hermit mode as I start another semester of school in September.

Why not just j.S out of the reset? Cancel into Air Play / Hammer / Bee Sting as needed.

j.S is what my bro liiiives for. If I let it rip all the way to the floor, there's enough time for him to dash under (obviously), jump up and grab anyway, let me hit the ground and remember that I didn't hit Bold Move on time, turn on swords and back dash on the ground or hit s.H/s.S for an anti air all the same. Air Play only stalls the options, Hammer is definitely unsafe-ish on block (I really really really feel like I have been outpoked/cr.L'd way to many times after a blocked Hammer for it to be just me being bad) and Killer Bee has start up problems similar to j.S. Also, landing in a visually meaty projectile (Hadangeki) - teleport mixup.

I'm just a bit too paranoid to all the options Vergil has on the table when I'm floating in the air. This is especially so with Dante since everything starts up slow-ish with him. At one point I even started coming down with Sky Dance just because I was coated in a hitbox and that kinda thing always has value in my matches.

Yeah, it's jump back/play it safe Hawkeye that bugs me most. From what you've posted though, it seems like I'm playing the matchup well enough. Dante/Strider works when I guess the hole between one set of arrows and another correctly while timing the teleport and Vajra near immaculately. It also helps that my opponent is trained to jump for the air grab like 95% of the time, so full combo yay.

Disruptor is obvious deviousness, and I think there's some applications for 1D2C/2C1D assist. (Which reminds me, do you know if these retain 1st frame activations as an assist Karst?) Oddly enough, Phoenix on TK Overdrive helps a lot (which is a smaller part of a bigger discovery I made today: that team is perfect imo).

Air Play as you're suggesting does work, but the issue is again with full screen Hawk. Getting the confirm between volleys is pretty hard to do consistently. Then again, maybe I should learn some other follow up/poke than land-Stinger post Air Play on block.

Re: Devil Trigger

I've turned into a very evil being lately playing this game because I saw myself getting grabbed out of Vortex's ending too many times. If I go DT with Dante, it means I'm either about to X-Factor for some Thunderbolt reps or I've given up on being nice and intend on ending this in the flashiest way possible off a TAC.

I definitely still believe in Vortex though that thing saves lives.

Definitely trades.

Thanks guys for all the discussion btw. It's going to be a bit longer before I get a bit more consistent with Mahvel-GAF again and then I'm going to have to go full hermit mode as I start another semester of school in September.

Vortex is +10 on block.

Darksim

Yup, I'm definitely doing it wrong. :lol

Hit confirm it. On hit, j.S or whatever. On block, I usually press M on the way down. If they block it standing, they can't even get off the ground before the M becomes active. (I think it's actually the same with H, but that still leaves a larger gap). If they attempt to chicken block it, I think it depends on the height, but if they're around the same height as you they shouldn't be able to throw you before the j.M is active. If they are really close to the ground you might just jump out of their.

I never bothered testing what happens when they chicken block it, pressing M probably isn't a completely safe move, but it kind of works anyway.

The more I play this match-up the less I agree.

You can't say this and not explain yourself :p

Vergil vs Hawkeye is a great test of a Hawkeye's wittiness though. Definitely get to see how clean they are by how they play this matchup IMO. Gotta punish those pinpoint mistakes and block a lot since Clint can't consistently get the space to play by his own rules. He can't do what he does best against Vergil.

I really think Vergil has a ton more space to make mistakes in this matchup than Hawkeye does, and that's really how I rate matchups.

IMO, any time you have to "block a lot" is proof that the matchup is not in your favor.

It varies, but I tend to agree. Blocking, especially for an extended amount of time, against a good amount of well designed teams is bad news bears. Avoid and punish are usually better answers unless they're doing stupid stuff.

You can't say this and not explain yourself :p

Vergil vs Hawkeye is a great test of a Hawkeye's wittiness though. Definitely get to see how clean they are by how they play this matchup IMO. Gotta punish those pinpoint mistakes and block a lot since Clint can't consistently get the space to play by his own rules.
IMO, any time you have to "block a lot" is proof that the matchup is not in your favor.

So every matchup is in Dormammu's favor.
That's why my #1 tip against him is to move a lot. A whiffed Purification or Dark Hole against any character in the game is a dead Dormammu. If you sit back spamming Disruptor while calling Hidden Missiles, you're making it easy on me. Chaotic Flame for frame advantage, 95% of people hold back during Chaotic Flame like noobs for some reason, I get a free Purification H and have the game in my favor.

There's a reason why Dormammu/Doom decimates entire teams when Champ DHCs Dormammu in. Dormammu and Doom together makes the entire screen one big blockstring. If you start the match with Dormammu on point, it's waaaay harder to get that.

Slasher, who is a very good player, so I don't say this to demean him in any way, knows what I'm talking about. In one match I was able to zone his entire team just by using combinations of Dark Matter, Dark Hole, Purification, and Rapid Slash to push him all the way back (which combos into Dark Matter and Dark Hole, yay!). But during the one match he put Wesker on point, I got slaughtered because I just never got to establish the breathing room Dormammu needs. Dormammu is all about that breathing room, and it's obvious if you look at his moveset. Dark Spells basically have "don't let this guy have time to scratch his immaterial head" written all over them.

Nothing is easier for me than an opponent who is afraid of Dormammu, and spends time waiting for a Purification/Dark Hole to block. Both of these moves have frame advantage on block. People just help me when they are defensive. It's what the character thrives on.

The people I lose to most are those who have no fear.

Dahbomb

You only really have to block against Vergil when he has meter. It's not like he has this absurd pressure and tight blockstrings, he needs assists and/or meter to keep you blocking/pressured. A lot of average Vergils get exposed when you block his canned mix ups and they got nothing after it. And if any rushdown character corners Vergil well that's that for him.

Now Strider on the otherhand puts you in bad situations constantly without resources although few players are at that proficient level with him yet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Slasher!

Man I have no clue what to do against PW with my Wolverine team. That Maya shield combined with PW's H is really good. Every time I tried to grab you out of it I kept on getting QCF lol.

I noticed you press H a lot, even with characters that are not Hulk. I got hit with so many Wesker st. H lol. I'd never see it coming.

Also it's rare that I face characters with large amounts of life with my Spencer. I had to combo Hulk for so much longer than I'm used to, even with Xfactor and up grapples I kept on thinking "when is this guy gonna die" lol.

Slasher, who is a very good player, so I don't say this to demean him in any way, knows what I'm talking about. In one match I was able to zone his entire team just by using combinations of Dark Matter, Dark Hole, Purification, and Rapid Slash to push him all the way back (which combos into Dark Matter and Dark Hole, yay!). But during the one match he put Wesker on point, I got slaughtered because I just never got to establish the breathing room Dormammu needs. Dormammu is all about that breathing room, and it's obvious if you look at his moveset. Dark Spells basically have "don't let this guy have time to scratch his immaterial head" written all over them.

I totally agree. Any character that doesn't have a full screen beam/punish or can teleport is free to Dormammu. When I play Karst Dormammu is the number one target because that one character can easily wipe out my whole team. I can have all the patience in the world, but I slowly get chipped away and sometimes when I even get the advantage the damage has already been done to me anyway. The best I can hope for is some well timed jump and blocks or blow X-Factor. Thats it.

Good games Panda.

Your Wolverine is pretty good. You do everything a wolverine should do IMO. I do feel I had the advantage at the start a little. I think Wright does pretty good against Wolverine overall. The only way Wolverine can do good against Wright is if his assists can do a pretty good job of helping him destroy Maya's shield. It's hard for him to get in otherwise as his normals don't do very well against it and he simply can dive kick or berserker slash into derpness. Also paper shuts down all of Wolverines attacks except maybe is level 3. I was more worried about your other two characters not because you weren't good with Wolverine but I thought they were bigger threat to my specific characters.

The second round with Nova, Spencer and Hawkeye I think I did pretty good considering your characters and skill but you definitely won that set. The last set I was getting so frustrated lol. Using Hulk against me. Arrrgggg so many rages in those three or four matches lol.

I do press H a lot lol. For Wright it's because his L and M don't have any range and his H moves him forward a little and during relaunch combos H does a little extra damage. Wesker's standing H I feel doesn't get the respect it deserves sometimes. It has really good reach and it's hit box is at the tip of his foot, so if spaced good is pretty safe. As for H with Hulk herp derp Hulk smash.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Your Wolverine is pretty good. You do everything a wolverine should do IMO. I do feel I had the advantage at the start a little. I think Wright does pretty good against Wolverine overall. The only way Wolverine can do good against Wright is if his assists can do a pretty good job of helping him destroy Maya's shield. It's hard for him to get in otherwise as his normals don't do very well against it and he simply can dive kick or berserker slash into derpness. Also paper shuts down all of Wolverines attacks except maybe is level 3. I was more worried about your other two characters not because you weren't good with Wolverine but I thought they were bigger threat to my specific characters.

Haha yeah I noticed this during the matches. There were times where I just had no clue what to do against PW. Once that Maya shield was up you could pretty much do whatever and I couldn't stop you. There was a point when I wanted to take out Hulk as an assist but nope, that shield would protect him. Even when I did do a lot of damage to Hulk you just collected all the evidence you needed so pretty much advantage you.

The last set I was getting so frustrated lol. Using Hulk against me. Arrrgggg so many rages in those three or four matches lol.

I did that because I kept on getting hit by your Hulk lol. I was like "Maaaaan I use this guy, why am I getting hit by him?". So I used Hulk against you to see how you would fare.

Panda do you think my Hulk lacks pressure? I feel like I am more defensive and trying to find opportunities or create set ups. Seeing your Hulk and some other Hulks it always seems they are on the offensive at all times. Wither it's gamma charging up and down with continued strikes constantly or abusing assists to create safety for Hulks normals. I guess it's because I guess normally those Hulks are on point maybe?

Frantic

You only really have to block against Vergil when he has meter. It's not like he has this absurd pressure and tight blockstrings, he needs assists and/or meter to keep you blocking/pressured. A lot of average Vergils get exposed when you block his canned mix ups and they got nothing after it. And if any rushdown character corners Vergil well that's that for him.
The most annoything thing about Vergil for me is that I rarely get hit by his actual mixups. Instead, I get bopped by his normals all the time. It's probably karma because I play Dante.

Azure J

Everything says I should join team blue coat between Dah's comment, Sparda Son synergy and the like, but Dante is just so much more fun.

Edit: Frantic is really the other me I swear.
Edit 2: Season's Beatings should have had a Dante VS. Vergil event. Kappa

Panda do you think my Hulk lacks pressure? I feel like I am more defensive and trying to find opportunities or create set ups. Seeing your Hulk and some other Hulks it always seems they are on the offensive at all times. Wither it's gamma charging up and down with continued strikes constantly or abusing assists to create safety for Hulks normals. I guess it's because I guess normally those Hulks are on point maybe?
I think you should explore switching your team based on the matchup. Wright does really well in that setup against rushdown, but he gets clobbered by keepaway. Hulk/Wright/Wesker would fare a lot better. Use Wright's assist to help Hulk get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom