• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef you're a 3rd something. How do you stand it, I hate ranked matches

Some days are harder than others. I'll go through periods where I go on losing streaks and wonder why I bother playing. Then there are the days where I get winning streaks of around 9 games and I feel on top of the world.

Basically, what I guess I'm saying is that I get really bored since I have nobody that close IRL that I can play.

Beef you're a 3rd something. How do you stand it, I hate ranked matches

I did it in vanilla really fast. Literally took me like a week. Then in ultimate I just got laggy match after laggy match and said fuck it never playing marvel online again. I hit someone... I can't confirm. I combo someone... I drop it.

Can't do anything... I tried forwarding my ports and it helped a little could bold cancel better, but still can't do anything with my main (Zero) so I quit online again. Sigh.... fucking Capcom.

Grecco

Niitsuma: After the release of Avengers [in Japan], I have been hearing many recommendations... including Loki. I wonder how Loki would function in a fighting game...

Fujixgame: I really wanted to see Loki in fighting game... is what I say, but he would have a difficult syle [to implement]. I selfishly ask for Blade instead!

Niitsuma: Blade was considered for MvC3. We had no objections to his style implementation in a fighting game, but we were trying to avoid a glut of sword characters in the game.

9q_: What about the Green Goblin?

Niitsuma: We were trying to avoid the color green.... just kidding. Elements involving the Spider-man universe are delicate, and Dr. Octopus was considered before Green Goblin was.

MAMESpider: Considering the subject of the movie [Avengers], Lizard was never considered as a candidate???

Wasnt Dr Octopus in the text file hackers found in the vanilla disk? IIRC it was Doc Ock and Frank West.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So with everything stated so far it's quite obvious it was indeed Activision who cockblocked the Spidey villains. Such a shame.

Still the weirdest decision ever imo.

Who Taskmaster? I never heard of him before Marvel3. Now I love him. He's really cool. Sure he's not some big shot character but I really like his personality. That's probably what Marvel wanted him in for. Exposure. Maybe something big is coming for his future.

Jumping online if anybody wants to duel.

Who Taskmaster? I never heard of him before Marvel3. Now I love him. He's really cool. Sure he's not some big shot character but I really like his personality. That's probably what Marvel wanted him in for. Exposure. Maybe something big is coming for his future.

I'll be on in 10.

Azure J

No, I meant Deadpool not using his swords. It's almost Ganondorf's taunt in Brawl weird (not like the latter needs a sword really though, but that's for a Smash thread).

Taskmaster is the character I'd feel most attached to in a game play way if I wasn't on the "animaaaaaay" side more often. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Niitsuma: We were trying to avoid the color green.... just kidding. Elements involving the Spider-man universe are delicate, and Dr. Octopus was considered before Green Goblin was.

Niitsuma: Hm, that idea wasn't considered very much. When we considered pushing universes, it was decided that "The Avengers" would get a stronger push than the Spider-man universe.

Hard evidence of that corporate hand in roster selection. Activision and Marvel.

GGs Slasher. Random All is fun, but I wish that Rematch re-randomed our characters. Funny how I kept getting one of my three characters, and you kept getting Phoenix. Also, I thought Rocket Raccoon's level 3 was invincible at startup. Imagine my surprise in that Phoenix match when it turned out to not be true. -_-

Also, most epic moment in our fights once again comes from you. Catching Morrigan flying with Wright's level 3 to win the match was awesome. Damn X+0 hypers!

Yea Random All's are fun. You really get to have some good ol clean non frustrating not super competive fun. I kinda liked that time I had Arthur, Gold Armor HseinKo and Firebrand. Pretty good setup. AND yes I kept getting Phoenix everytime, arrg. Oh well good fun. You demolished me on the randoms though.

Yea Random All's are fun. You really get to have some good ol clean non frustrating not super competive fun. I kinda liked that time I had Arthur, Gold Armor HseinKo and Firebrand. Pretty good setup. AND yes I kept getting Phoenix everytime, arrg. Oh well good fun. You demolished me on the randoms though.
That Arthur team is good, I've thought about playing it before. Annoying as hell with 3 melee characters and no projectile support. After that I decided to random all 3 of my characters, but back up one and choose their assists. Random All, to me, is about enjoying characters you don't normally play, not getting screwed over in as many ways as possible. You might not have much synergy between your characters, but at least you don't have Iron Fist on his OTG assist and Haggar on the pipe - lol. If Iron Fist had his leaping kick assist, I would have stood a chance in those matches.

IMO, if you keep getting the same character over and over, it's cool to de-select. I never did that, but I'm just saying that I wouldn't find anything unsportsmanlike about you de-selecting Phoenix. It's about having fun, after all. As long as neither of us takes to de-selecting until we get someone we want to use, lol.

vg260

Niitsuma: Hm, that idea wasn't considered very much. When we considered pushing universes, it was decided that "The Avengers" would get a stronger push than the Spider-man universe.

Hard evidence of that corporate hand in roster selection. Activision and Marvel.

Hardly surprising. You know if Marvel was making the Spider Man movie there would've been more Spidey promotion.

So with everything stated so far it's quite obvious it was indeed Activision who cockblocked the Spidey villains. Such a shame.

:mad: and the fans lose out.

Solune

This is why Vergil doesn't have a green color...

Dahbomb

The green thing is a joke otherwise there would be no She Hulk, Morrigan, Tron or Shuma in the game.

Cap and Wesker have green alt too.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The green thing is a joke otherwise there would be no She Hulk, Morrigan, Tron or Shuma in the game.

Cap and Wesker have green alt too.

No he doesn't. Cap has blue, blue, blue, blue, black, and red.

Maybe you're thinking about Capitán México

jbp8Q4prmuqYcB.png

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yes indeed, I can get on now if your down. Might have to leave suddenly soon though.

Oh fuck, caught this late. I'm on now. Had to leave myself briefly 45 minutes ago and just got back.

No he doesn't. Cap has blue, blue, blue, blue, black, and red.

Maybe you're thinking about Capitán México

I really love how the new Cap reboot logo is the flag of the Netherlands.

I don't think you can deselect after hitting random in online games. You can only do it I think in certain modes where you pick your opponents.
You can, just not Random All. I did it every one of our matches after I got screwed on assists. :p

You can't de-select the third character, though, so 1/3 of your assists will probably be crap. It's still enough to make sure you don't get both Haggar's pipe assist and Iron Fist's OTG. -_-

You know they really should list what the assists are at the VS screen. It's listed in Marvel 2 why not 3?
I think so too. One of the reasons I started de-selecting is when I did Random All, I didn't even know wtf my assists were. So I'd have to spend the first 5-10 seconds of our matches figuring that out instead of playing. Annoying.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
You know they really should list what the assists are at the VS screen. It's listed in Marvel 2 why not 3?
IIRC you can tell by the color backdrops on the VS/loading screen, as well as the color behind the character portrait during the battle. It's something like purple=a, green=b, blue=y. But I've never bothered to memorize that.

I'll be screwing around on Xbox for a while. If someone wants some games feel free to drop me an invite.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Enzo, for future reference it's probably easier to pm if you wanna play. I check gaf way more often than I do Xbox Live.

Solune

@Jetman - Here's the other videos I recorded for Vergil if you're still interested at all. Forgot to mention in my last post that the main reason I use SH is because it gives me ALOT more time to charge Roundtrip before the next loop without abusing the charge glitch. It's actually really hard to charge roundtrip after a wallbounce because if you use c.H, roundtrip doesn't return so that you can start charging again and also you have to hit the opponent sort of high before the wallbounce to give you the extra charge time.

Azure J

@Jetman - Here's the other videos I recorded for Vergil if you're still interested at all. Forgot to mention in my last post that the main reason I use SH is because it gives me ALOT more time to charge Roundtrip before the next loop without abusing the charge glitch. It's actually really hard to charge roundtrip after a wallbounce because if you use c.H, roundtrip doesn't return so that you can start charging again and also you have to hit the opponent sort of high before the wallbounce to give you the extra charge time.

I really really love your Vergil stuff man.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Was checking out people playing strider and was going through people at evo, ran into this awesome set where this guy from Mexico named EM | Taekua who runs Vergil/Taskmaster/Nova has a lot of really cool setups and tech with the Nova overhead assist. Really impressed with it.
[/QUOTE] Thank you! Moons is also rocking Nova and Taskmaster really effectively lately.

Hey guys, my scene's streaming their big tourney of the year. Central Canada stuff, so you'll at least get interesting teams. I'll try to defend my belt for you guys at home <3 Some decent players here, hope the nerves don't get to em. Players get good towards the top. I took the team tourney yesterday so a singles title would be good to have too.

It's about to go live in 5 or 10 minutes at www.twitch.tv/chipdamage. Marvel minion away :3

And Taekua is such a beast.

Azure J

OK, so I feel convinced at this point that Vergil/Doom/Morrigan is the best setup for that team. I saw this video in the related list from Solune's video and it pretty much breaks down a lot of what I was thinking when I was suggesting that team regarding Vergil's assist for frequent cross counters. The issue however comes from the Morrigan side of things. If you run meter assist, things get more uncertain, but Shadow Blade leads into full combos and is highly invincible.

Dahbomb

Takueka made some noise at evo. He will be at seasons beating.

I was one first people to point out the pair of Vergil and Nova. Vergil loves that assist because out aids him greatly in combo extensions and mix ups. Vergil becomes really scary with an overhead hitting assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom