• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Second video has no timestamp. Man, in that first video, it's like neither of your guys like to do combos!

Aside from Megaman, what highly wanted character is Capcom neglecting?

Only one for me is Megaman, Other characters ppl want from what I've seen are gene, Jon Talbain, Jin, CapCom and some others (like Bison), I guess capcom has done an ok job on adding characters from their side, I still think they could've done better. We really didn't need 4 reps from SF and RE.

Dahbomb

foot_dive_by_rockyjoe-d4kzkwq.png

All hail the new hitbox/bubble overlord.
Anatomically accurate.

Cute.

Ugh, for some reason the starting point got deleted :/ Should be fixed now
http://twitch.tv/versusmx/b/329229346

Also, funny you say that about the first video. In his previous round, the guy actually attempted AND pretty much completed the Magneto TAC infinite, which you can see him drop against me >.>
Not as bad as I thought it would be.

Only one for me is Megaman, Other characters ppl want from what I've seen are gene, Jon Talbain, Jin, CapCom and some others (like Bison), I guess capcom has done an ok job on adding characters from their side, I still think they could've done better. We really didn't need 4 reps from SF and RE.
Aside from Megaman, none of those characters are highly wanted. Gene at least receives a lot of demand from forum-goers, which are a minority that doesn't represent the public.

Here's a record of all the polls done for UMvC3 DLC online:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelv...pcom_3_Characters_DLC_Poll_from_various_sites

SRK:
1. Megaman X 116 votes
2. Gene 109 votes
3. Sigma 79 votes
4. Captain Commando 71 votes
5. Jin Saotome 63 votes

CU:
1. Mega Man X (1075)
2. Gene (647)
3. Classic Mega Man (263)
4. Jin Saotome (197)
5. Jon Talbain (195)

GAF:
1. Gene - 94
2. Megaman X - 66
3. Ryu (Breath of Fire) - 41
4. Cap. Commando - 27
5. Jin - 26

GFAQs:
1. Date Masamune
2. Megaman EXE
3. X
4. Batsu Ichimonji
5. Bass EXE

So yeah, Jin is top 5 here and there, but it's a minority within a minority. GFAQs results show how different things are if you go more to the general public for polls. Megaman all over the place, and "who the hell is Gene?" Yeah, he's #7, even on a dedicated gaming site. We all know why Sigma is even on one of those lists, haha.

Honestly, Capcom side is pretty good with the exception of too much RE but they needed a giant so Nemmy fit the bill.

Would've much rather had Alex over Viper if they need 4 SF, but can't really fault them for that. I liked his rep in TvC.

I wanted Sigma over X/MegaMan whoever just so Observatory Hall could be his theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SygHSss9gcI

Marvel side is pretty solid too aside from SpooderMang. Cyclops and the rest of the XChickens can go twiddle their thumbs. Maybe Ms. Marvel as a Rogue successor. Wasp or Widow could've been a cool pixie too, but I think Jill does a great job of what Widow could do.

I'm serious. People are annoying about this "Gene" fellow.

Ya know.

Both of the people who played God Hand.
Yeah, most of it is just people voting for friends, or people voting because a few dedicated fans keep pushing him. Like, look at those lists, and look at Nina's placement. Why is she up there? Because I went around SRK and GAF telling people to vote for her, had a dedicated signature, made up a fan moveset, etc. She's barely even on the list at CU and GFAQs, because I didn't bother there. Most people have a character or two they want, and then it's whatever. So why not help a friend? I voted for Sigma on SRK for Diek, because he always helped me out when I needed it.

Thats really cool Solar. I wish I could somehow record some of my matches. I am obsessed with watching and editing video's of my multiplayer matches in the games I like to be competitive in.

Also Gene/God Hand for life.

Today I put a lot of time in the lab. I hardly ever do it but decided to try it out and practice some combo's and learn some new combos. I actually feel like I got a little better than I was before and when I got into some I games I felt like I was doing better. Huh fancy that.

Thats really cool Solar. I wish I could somehow record some of my matches. I am obsessed with watching and editing video's of my multiplayer matches in the games I like to be competitive in.

Also Gene/God Hand for life.

Today I put a lot of time in the lab. I hardly ever do it but decided to try it out and practice some combo's and learn some new combos. I actually feel like I got a little better than I was before and when I got into some I games I felt like I was doing better. Huh fancy that.
How did your team do with Hulk on point when you last played?

Leon "Motherfucking" Kennedy.
No more RE!

shaowebb

At First I was all...
"God Hand?"

...but then I was all...
" God Hand! "

...now I'm all....
"Yay God Hand♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥"

...Capcom is all...
...God Hand? oh, um yeah we uhhhhhhhhh like it too...suuuuuuuuuure...just um...keep waiting on that buddy...

...so now I'm all...
凸(⊙▂⊙)凸

Azure J

I finally got around to uploading that video for Verg/Morg/Doom. I was trying to keep the quality of the video but since I recorded from my Cam I don't have a converter.. so meh.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHmd0vctq8

Not even 30s in yet and I already have to say good shit just for the music selection. :)

Edit: Your Vergil really makes me appreciate Vergil again. So many creative uses of Upper Slash cancels.

I was hoping for a Morrigan combo that makes good use of Rapid Slash to land Soul Drain!

Soloone pls. Although I want to experiment with some stuff after Karst talked about grab xx Devil Trigger - DHC Astral Vision leading to spinning knockdown state.

shaowebb

It would be the manliest brofist in the history of brofists.

That seriously needs to get drawn. I've considered commissioning an artist on dA to draw it.

The God Hand and the Iron Fist bumping knuckles would create an impact so powerful that it would supernova. If the two ever went full tilt at each other all that would be left is an asteroid cluster from the exploded remains of Earth with a pair of severed fists fused at the knuckle floating at the center of the cluster on fire creating the formation of the manliest star in the Multiverse.

Azure J

Hey, for anyone more talented with Vergil playing Doom missiles, could you tell me if this works as an incoming mixup:

[Snapback, Devil Trigger On] Call Hidden Missiles - Trick H - neutral Air Dash (re: just press 2ATK after the Trick) - Helm Splitter

It's a combination of that weird Teleport exploit post snap and Vergil's insane fast air dash. It looks like it should all work, but since I only have the Vita version to test with and these buttons must have seriously been made with tiny fingered people in mind... :lol

FChamp made me realize tonight that the only thing 0D3C needs to be useful is to always come out, like 1D2C and 2D1C. Then it would be the ultimate "no you can't do that" in response to beam hypers.

Azure J

FChamp made me realize tonight that the only thing 0D3C needs to be useful is to always come out, like 1D2C and 2D1C. Then it would be the ultimate "no you can't do that" in response to beam hypers.

Whoa. Now imagine if it stopped Teleports and Air Dashes too.

Whoa. Now imagine if it stopped Teleports and Air Dashes too.
Well, the idea is that you'd use 0D3C for characters that tend to try and random you out with full-screen hypers like Ryu. Spam Dark Matter until he tries to Shinkuu or jumps. If he jumps, Purification. If he tries to Shinkuu, 0D3C and go back to Dark Matter spam.

Grecco

Id pick Megaman and CapCo before id pick Gene. In fact in my hypothetical Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Uncanny AE eddition it would be dlc, Captain Comando/Megaman/Gambit/Venom with some rebalancing/hitboxmode and replay mode from vita for 15 bucks.

Id pick Megaman and CapCo before id pick Gene. In fact in my hypothetical Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Uncanny AE eddition it would be dlc, Captain Comando/Megaman/Gambit/Venom with some rebalancing/hitboxmode and replay mode from vita for 15 bucks.
Aside from Gambit, that sounds good.
No more trenchcoats.

Azure J

Well, the idea is that you'd use 0D3C for characters that tend to try and random you out with full-screen hypers like Ryu. Spam Dark Matter until he tries to Shinkuu or jumps. If he jumps, Purification. If he tries to Shinkuu, 0D3C and go back to Dark Matter spam.

Yeah, I see all of this and just think that it's a fairly brilliant use of the move. Did it trade or did it completely stuff the super on activation?

Solune

Not even 30s in yet and I already have to say good shit just for the music selection. :)

Edit: Your Vergil really makes me appreciate Vergil again. So many creative uses of Upper Slash cancels.
Well I had to pick something since it was a vid you requested ;). And because Megaman is X Over..........
Soloone pls. Although I want to experiment with some stuff after Karst talked about grab xx Devil Trigger - DHC Astral Vision leading to spinning knockdown state.

I was hoping for a Morrigan combo that makes good use of Rapid Slash to land Soul Drain! It's not as impressive seeing this video after the combos were done to me, haha.
Was already working on something though it was corner only and pretty timing intensive... I was also going to add something to your Astral Vision setup Karst, how should I go about contributing to it?
Hey, for anyone more talented with Vergil playing Doom missiles, could you tell me if this works as an incoming mixup:

[Snapback, Devil Trigger On] Call Hidden Missiles - Trick H - neutral Air Dash (re: just press 2ATK after the Trick) - Helm Splitter

It's a combination of that weird Teleport exploit post snap and Vergil's insane fast air dash. It looks like it should all work, but since I only have the Vita version to test with and these buttons must have seriously been made with tiny fingered people in mind... :lol

I never thought about using that... I will try it later.

Yeah, I see all of this and just think that it's a fairly brilliant use of the move. Did it trade or did it completely stuff the super on activation?
Oh it stuffed. Spiral Swords is high priority, 0D3C is low priority. Even 3D0C is low priority. None of them will ever collide with a hyper. 0D3C went right under Spiral Swords. Which means XFC into Dark Dimension will also rock Vergil during blockstrings.

Was already working on something though it was corner only and pretty timing intensive... I was also going to add something to your Astral Vision setup Karst, how should I go about contributing to it?
You're the combo master, not me! Haha.

If you want a list of things I think might work but I suck too much to make happen, I can give them to you if you want to fiddle around.

Azure J

Man that's truly nuts. I'm actually playing with this in training mode on the Vita just to see it. How this hasn't been thought up before is mind blowing.

I also need to learn this damn Dark Matter combo so I have one high damage BnB when I convert post zoning. There's just something about the midscreen version that is so stupidly hard for me, even improvising it with a teleport H instead of a teleport L.

c.L s.MH f.H Mass Change L addf j.H *land* j.MHS *land* j.MHS *land* c.MS j.MMHS is correct, right? At the same time, I need to look up some other combos for ideas with the Dread Lord.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been so busy this past week, so apologies to you, smurfx. I got your messages but was gonna reply to them on GAF since I hate typing on the Xbox, but I eventually forgot D:

I'm definitely down for a FT7 with you sometime soon. Next time I see you on I'll shoot you a message. I think when you sent the message I was either doing a set with Nils or had a friend over I was running a set with.

Playing with my friend made me realize how terrible I am. I need to play more than just Nils so I have some decent matchup experience. Been a few months since I played my friend and he runs Joe/Doom/Wesker. Got completely blown up by Wesker every time, that character on anchor really teaches you (or should, I should say) to block properly and not push buttons.

Man that's truly nuts. I'm actually playing with this in training mode on the Vita just to see it. How this hasn't been thought up before is mind blowing.

I also need to learn this damn Dark Matter combo so I have one high damage BnB when I convert post zoning. There's just something about the midscreen version that is so stupidly hard for me, even improvising it with a teleport H instead of a teleport L.

c.L s.MH f.H Mass Change L addf j.H *land* j.MHS *land* j.MHS *land* c.MS j.MMHS is correct, right? At the same time, I need to look up some other combos for ideas with the Dread Lord.
What the hell? You have the Vita version, and you never told us?!?! Why aren't you testing hitboxes for me damn it?!

Dark Matter combos are hard, which is why almost no one does them. Plus s.M whiffs on some characters, and sometimes s.H doesn't have enough range. It's messy. Better to just go c.L, s.H. You have the general combo right, but good luck making it happen consistently.

If I want to be fancy, I just do a Dark Hole mid-combo. If I catch someone with Dark Matter, I just do another Dark Matter, Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame. You can also do Dark Matter, fly, ADUF, ADDF, j.H, unfly, jump loops. Some people find that easier.

Playing with my friend made me realize how terrible I am. I need to play more than just Nils so I have some decent matchup experience. Been a few months since I played my friend and he runs Joe/Doom/Wesker. Got completely blown up by Wesker every time, that character on anchor really teaches you (or should, I should say) to block properly and not push buttons.
A good XF3 Wesker teaches the limits of blocking and human reaction, haha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Seriously. You know you need to re-evaluate your game plan when you finally mentally break and go "BUT I WAS BLOCKING" D:

Also, what big Marvel events/majors have there been since EVO outside of ReveLAtions? Need to know to update OP.

This thread seems like it's on course to make it to OT3 much faster than I expected.

Azure J

What the hell? You have the Vita version, and you never told us?!?! Why aren't you testing hitboxes for me damn it?!

Dark Matter combos are hard, which is why almost no one does them. Plus s.M whiffs on some characters, and sometimes s.H doesn't have enough range. It's messy. Better to just go c.L, s.H. You have the general combo right, but good luck making it happen consistently.

If I want to be fancy, I just do a Dark Hole mid-combo. If I catch someone with Dark Matter, I just do another Dark Matter, Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame. You can also do Dark Matter, fly, ADUF, ADDF, j.H, unfly, jump loops. Some people find that easier.

LOL, I mentioned it before, it's my brother's game.

Re: Dark Matter stuff

I gotcha. I just have a tendency to want one combo (or combo framework) that I can rely on for the most optimal punish and as a result, I'm always working on damage and at the same time my execution limits. Dark Matter combos didn't really seem up my alley until I saw someone do something wild with them and now I have to get the basic frame down for them.

Funny you mention this after I remembered a match yesterday that had me believe I was garbage at blocking the obvious online. It's as if playing against and trying to read and block Zero's mixups from day 1 to now has made it so that I block the most insane shit, but get opened up with Wesker's cr.M or jump n shoot online. :lol

Seriously. You know you need to re-evaluate your game plan when you finally mentally break and go "BUT I WAS BLOCKING" D:

Also, what big Marvel events/majors have there been since EVO outside of ReveLAtions? Need to know to update OP.

This thread seems like it's on course to make it to OT3 much faster than I expected.
100% of the reason Wesker is seen less in competitive play: not enough command grabs. Especially in XF3.

LOL, I mentioned it before, it's my brother's game
Does that mean we can give you things to take pictures/videos of for us? =D

Solune

You're the combo master, not me! Haha.

If you want a list of things I think might work but I suck too much to make happen, I can give them to you if you want to fiddle around.

Oh I meant like, if you were going to update your list, should I post on SRK or is it ok to just post them here? I don't have much so far, just a Chris DHC setup into Morrigan.

Feel free to ask me to test something , I don't mind. Though I can't always say I can perform it since I'm not good with every character =p.

Oh I meant like, if you were going to update your list, should I post on SRK or is it ok to just post them here? I don't have much so far, just a Chris DHC setup into Morrigan.

Feel free to ask me to test something , I don't mind. Though I can't always say I can perform it since I'm not good with every character =p.
It's better to post it all here. I check GAF constantly. I check SRK maybe once a week. Something about SRK's website makes my computer go slow as hell. Ever since they changed the forum...

Anyway, here's my list, or at least what I can think of for now:
1) After a Dormammu combo that ends in a corner Chaotic Flame, a way to DHC to Astral Vision and land Soul Drain. My theoryfighter says something like Chaotic Flame, Astral Vision, call Dark Hole, qcf.H, fly-cancel, qcf.S should work, but my execution is too poor for it. Alternatively, maybe DHC to Astral Vision, dp.M, fly-cancel, j.S+Dark Hole, Soul Drain. Something like that.

2) Whether it's possible to do Dimension Slash -> Stalking Flare -> Astral Vision, and connect Soul Drain. I've gotten really close, but can't pull it off. Stalking Flare carries the opponent really high. To catch up with the opponent, I have been superjumping ASAP into Shadow Blade H, fly-canceling, and trying to connect Soul Drain. You have to superjump away or Shadow Blade H will hit your opponent out of Stalking Flare, it seems.

3) A way to make Rapid Slash useful mid-combo for Morrigan, especially outside of corners. I can get the following to work, and it might be the key piece to the puzzle:
Call Rapid Slash + jump, qcf.H, fly, air dash forward; Rapid Slash hits them into Soul Fist; j.H, qcf.H, unfly, s.S. So my thought is maybe something like s.LMH, f.H + Rapid Slash, jump, qcf.H, fly...and then who knows what. Ideally it leads into a Soul Drain somehow.

4) I'd like your opinion on the best way to continue from the Dark Hole + Spiral Swords OTG I mentioned earlier. Should I just do one Helm Breaker into Round Trip to start loops?

5) If Dormammu uses Rapid Slash to relaunch in corners, I have enough time to get 2 Dark Spells. j.S, c.LHS, sj.MMHS, Dark Spell + Rapid Slash, f.H (I think it works), Dark Spell, and then ????. Not sure what to do with this.

6) I can't find anything more to get from a Rapid Slash Dormammu relaunch mid-screen than f.H, f.H, qcf.H, qcf.AA. f.H, teleport, j.S, s.S, sj.MMHS drops on the superjump relaunch because Dark Matter causes so much hitstun decay. Now that I think about it, I bet I can fit a Dark Spell in there instead of the second f.H.

7) Anything that might make Vergil doing Air Throw -> Devil Trigger -> Astral Vision worthwhile, haha. Ditto for Dimension Slash -> Astral Vision. The best I can get is one Soul Drain to land.

That's all I can think of right now. I know it's all difficult and time-consuming, so I understand if you're unwilling. Regardless, thank you.

Sure. But first, sleep. :p
I'd like to know:
Shadow Blade hitbox
Vector Drain hitbox.
Nemesis' command grab hitboxes.
Morrigan's j.S hitbox.
Morrigan's f.M hitbox.
Morrigan's f.H hitbox.
Morrigan's c.L hitbox (for lolz).

Galdelico

Would you suggest this game to a very casual VS series' player, only interested in some momentary fun - til DoA5 comes out, basically - mostly offline?

Also - coming straight to this Ultimate edition, having totally ignored vanilla MVC3 - what are the DLCs I should get on PSN, in order to have the complete package? I mean, other than the uber-costume-pack and Shuma & Jill extra characters...
I ask because - lurking at the extra contents on Marketplace - seems like Magneto/Shuma/Jill alternate outfits are somehow missing...

Thanks!

Would you suggest this game to a very casual VS series' player, only interested in some momentary fun - til DoA5 comes out, basically - mostly offline?

Also - coming straight to this Ultimate edition, having totally ignored vanilla MVC3 - what are the DLCs I should get on PSN, in order to have the complete package? I mean, other than the uber-costume-pack and Shuma & Jill extra characters...
I ask because - lurking at the extra contents on Marketplace - seems like Magneto/Shuma/Jill alternate outfits are somehow missing...

Thanks!
I think anyone can enjoy this game, personally. It's very easy to pick up and play, and online is still filled with people who suck. There isn't much to the game offline unless you love beating up the computer or figuring things out in training mode.

The only DLC for the game is the uber costume pack, as you call it, and Shuma-Gorath/Jill.

Magneto's alternate outfit is missing because it upset Spain. That sounds like a joke, but it's not.
Shuma-Gorath and Jill get their alternate costumes for free when you buy them.

I'm going to bed... -_- Hopefully I awaken to amazing combos and hitbox details! :-D

Azure J

Hitbox stuff is going to be a bit longer in development because the stipulations to getting the replays are weird.

Solune, I have to ask you something, how are you getting that Round Trip - Upper Slash cancel loop exactly? Any specifics to getting it consistently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom