• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

You know, he never did call his assists, now that I think about it. Just trying to get in with Ryu and that reverse tatsu of his (which aim master M took care of). Also, general ryu low/high mix-ups. He did have Wesker as OTG for Hulk, but for the three times he landed a combo on me with him, he never extended the combos with his assists.

I have seen far scarier Ryu/Hulk teams, but he was kinda weak with them. I guess that's why I got carried away and let him open me up with Lv 3 wesker. :/

Thats kind of sad because Ryu should be calling assists more and using his newer tools better to get in. Course against aim master guys reliant on jump ins are kind of screwed. Sounds likely he had gamma charge vertical as an assist because otherwise he should have been getting gamma wave out there and dashing up to close the distance. He then could have applied blockstrings and gone for wesker low shot mixups if he was too terrified to jump anymore for the tatsu crossups. Course I can understand if Hulk was set to gamma charge with teleporters being so deadly in this game with their ability to teleport above you :/

Also the lack of combo extensions via tatsus OR Wesker really has me shaking my head. What was the guy's rank? Maybe he was just new to them, because that is a pretty legit team IMO.

Cross posting
422305_459982394036457_896012578_n.jpg

SOLID. Will this be streamed because watching mexico play Marvel is a whole new universe and I'm really into KOF 13 lately. I'm trying to learn it more and I'm fishing for vids to watch what people drive cancel to create longer combos. Here's hoping I see some Andy or Vice play since I don't see them nearly as often as my anchor K' on streams.

shaowebb

All I can say is if Frutsy is at this then you can bet I'm not rooting for Combofiend at this tourney. That guy's MODOK is hype. I'm also hoping Mamespider isn't the only Spiderman player in Mexico after seeing how sick he was at EVO. Basically, Im just plain hoping this whole tourney is a celebration of anyone not packing swords or trenchcoats for the sake of high level play variety on a stream.

Other than that I really can't wait to catch a tourney with KOF 13 again. That game is pretty incredible and the tier list is so tight that everyone in the game is viable. Really exciting stuff on stream. Go back and watch its EVO finals sometime to see what I mean. That Clark play was insanely hype with all the "Come at me BRO!"'s the guy was putting out there.

smurfx

get some go again
All I can say is if Frutsy is at this then you can bet I'm not rooting for Combofiend at this tourney. That guy's MODOK is hype. I'm also hoping Mamespider isn't the only Spiderman player in Mexico after seeing how sick he was at EVO. Basically, Im just plain hoping this whole tourney is a celebration of anyone not packing swords or trenchcoats for the sake of high level play variety on a stream.

Other than that I really can't wait to catch a tourney with KOF 13 again. That game is pretty incredible and the tier list is so tight that everyone in the game is viable. Really exciting stuff on stream. Go back and watch its EVO finals sometime to see what I mean. That Clark play was insanely hype with all the "Come at me BRO!"'s the guy was putting out there.
mamespider is japanese.

I'm also hoping Mamespider isn't the only Spiderman player in Mexico after seeing how sick he was at EVO. variety on a stream.

I...don't think Mamespider is gonna fly from Japan to Mexico for this :p But yeah, we do have a Peter or two around here. Peter/Thor/Arthur if I'm not mistaken.

Basically, Im just plain hoping this whole tourney is a celebration of anyone not packing swords or trenchcoats for the sake of high level play

Yeeeeeeeeeah, about that...I...wouldn't get my hopes up too high ^^;

Chavelo

I lost 40 evo points on the combo vs. frutsy match at the EVO finals.

No regrets.

shaowebb

mamespider is japanese.

For real? So wait was the other mexican player that other MODOK player then? They were talking about two guys from Mexico the day before finals around the time Frutsy and Mamespider were getting screen time. I thought they meant mamespider...

smurfx

get some go again
For real? So wait was the other mexican player that other MODOK player then? They were talking about two guys from Mexico the day before finals around the time Frutsy and Mamespider were getting screen time. I thought they meant mamespider...
the other mexican that played high was taekua. i think he used vergil/nova/task.

shaowebb

They weren‘t even in the same bracket until like top 16.

Now I'm really confused, because the announcers were saying stuff about two guys from another country came over and had to fight each other in like their first match or some stuff at EVO. Was this mamespider talk again from Japan or some other guy from mexico or what? You gotta remember I was doing college work during EVO off window and that I've missed most of the year of Marvel to work on my final reel so I'm kind of loose on my player stats here. I came in right before the Cl0ckwork vs mamespider the day before finals and other than that all I managed to be home for was MK9 during my lunchbreak.

Now I'm really confused, because the announcers were saying stuff about two guys from another country came over and had to fight each other in like their first match or some stuff at EVO.

It wasn't one of ours AFAIK.

As for the Mamespider thing, I think you got confused because they're gonna be in the same team at Season's Beatings :p

Practiced sword loops for 40 minutes straight last night on the Vita (Vergil).

It's that second crouch H into the super that's a bitch for me. Everything else is pretty easy

Solune

Practiced sword loops for 40 minutes straight last night on the Vita (Vergil).

It's that second crouch H into the super that's a bitch for me. Everything else is pretty easy

40 minutes? That's nothing my friend =p. But I suppose a Vita pad would kill your hand. Karsticles and Azure have said they've had problems too. The timing for when you hit the first c.H directly effects the timing for the second c.H. It should be done as soon as Round Trip is released and cancelled into Judgement Cut immediately.

need to practice for a monthly this weekend, this would be my first time playing marvel in a tournament setting. hopefully some gaffers are available on the weeknights (psn).

Azure J

Whoa...your assist takes a hell of a hit to do this but it leaves your point character immune to the hyper when he throws snapback out. Its a gamble, but red health can be recovered and some teams are point character reliant enough to use this. My question is can it go through Dormammu stuff or invincible hypers?

It's not the first I'm seeing the actual effect, but the first time I've ever seen it used defensively (snap back counter) like this. Anyone wondering how valid it is should make a dummy call an assist during Strider's Legion hyper.

As for its uses, I don't think things like Beams/Chaotic Flame would tank it enough for this to be viable.

vg260

Marvel just seems really touchy about their stuff. I'm surprised Capcom said as much as they have. It's been said before, but I think Capcom's hands were tied with a lot of the UMvC3 stuff, and they probably had to push it out when they did or never. That Kinect game is coming out soon, and it probably conflicted with that in Marvel's eyes.

Solune

Hey, for anyone more talented with Vergil playing Doom missiles, could you tell me if this works as an incoming mixup:

[Snapback, Devil Trigger On] Call Hidden Missiles - Trick H - neutral Air Dash (re: just press 2ATK after the Trick) - Helm Splitter

It's a combination of that weird Teleport exploit post snap and Vergil's insane fast air dash. It looks like it should all work, but since I only have the Vita version to test with and these buttons must have seriously been made with tiny fingered people in mind... :lol

So I was trying this ala Dante teleport mixup but, it doesn't work in nearly the same way at all since Trick H makes Vergil much higher vertically than Dante's teleport and it's much slower.

If you want to test it sometime and tell me the results though feel free! Honestly Round Trip or Trick M are the best incoming mixup tools anyways. Adding in Trick L or H here and there are good too though.

Azure J

I enjoy Marvel as it is but these stories always come across as a unnecessary cold shower on the fanbase. Hopefully, Capcom will get more flexibility with a theoretical MvC4 or a similarly paced fighter.

*Prays for a TvC2*

Semi-related: I really wish the snap-back motion did not overlap with the crossover counter input. I would really like to do snap-backs against certain things that only they can punish(especially with 8 frame Dante), but I always get a crossover counter instead.

My man. I'm a really poor judge of minus frames so there are times where I trigger a CC when I really want a snap.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Had to go Bark, it's already an ungodly hour over here and I was constantly being assaulted by mosquitos so it was getting hard to concentrate. Good games.

shaowebb

I enjoy Marvel as it is but these stories always come across as a unnecessary cold shower on the fanbase. Hopefully, Capcom will get more flexibility with a theoretical MvC4 or a similarly paced fighter.

*Prays for a TvC2*

This so hard. TvC was awesome. I wish that megacrashes had their own seperate meter though so that hypers had meaning and we'd see them more often than when they'd guarantee kills in combos though. Maybe setup a gauge like in KOF13 or SFIV or something that kept that tool seperate from main meter management.

My dream additions to TvC2

From Tatsunoko
  • Racer X (Speed Racer)
  • Braiking Boss (Casshern)
  • Lightning Warrior Volter (a character they made canon JUST for fighting games)
  • Someone from Robotech
  • Goliath the Super Fighter (known literally by its japanese title GODAM which sounds like someone saying God damn)
  • Itadakiman
  • Speedy from Samurai Pizza Cats
  • Soul Taker

and from Capcom
  • Nina (Breath of Fire)
  • Ryu (Breath of Fire)
  • Akira (Rival Schools)
  • Gene (Godhand)
  • Mega Man X (mmx)
  • Vanessa (P.N.03)
  • Sieg Warheit (Chaos Legion)
  • Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)

I tried to pick cast that seems to fit the left field nature of this game's roster that seemed dedicated to those of use not all over current Capcom. Honestly I feel someone from Power Stone should be in there somewhere due to this, but for a TvC sequel I think this would be a pretty decent addition of both tools and characters to the roster.

Honestly I dream of Tatsunoko vs Toei Animation (their official rival) so I can see guys like Tekkaman and Casshern take on dudes like Kamen Riders, Zubat, Kikkaider, and Rangers. Pipe dream though.

Sorry missed your invite. Someone else invited me since and I went into their room since I thought you were busy.

doh. yeah i got your first invite, but i couldnt connect, so i tried sending you an inv. waited for about 10 minutes then gave up bc i thought maybe you'd send another inv. oh well, next time.

This thread is huge! Gonna take me forever to sift through it and find some stuff out.
Welcome to GAF.

Huh, interesting. I should start using Vergil's snapback more. I know I can't cancel normals into specials, but can Vergil cancel normals into Snapback? I have a lot of meter to spare, so it might be a good way to deter characters like Magneto from punishing a whiff. Does that work?

40 minutes? That's nothing my friend =p. But I suppose a Vita pad would kill your hand. Karsticles and Azure have said they've had problems too. The timing for when you hit the first c.H directly effects the timing for the second c.H. It should be done as soon as Round Trip is released and cancelled into Judgement Cut immediately.
Noted!

This will home in handy when Royal Flush plays dat Odinson.

I vote September as the date when we sanction use of Avengers GIFs in MahvelGAF.

Time's ticking, Karst.
I wanted to watch it yesterday, but it was gone from theaters. :p

I wish he'd just give a list of franchises they were considering. Just give it to me straight Capcom: was BoF even considered?

Or you could just ask what your looking for.
I think that was an "I'm so excited to be here" post.

Seeing this vid made me so sad there was no local play on Heroes and Heralds. It also convinced me of a mechanic I wish Iron Fist had.

MANLY PARRY TIME!!!!!!!!!
Iron Fist has a semi-parry mechanic in the super armor of his Chi moves. Someone here actually killed me via a Chi absorption...

and from Capcom
[*]Nina (Breath of Fire)
[*]Ryu (Breath of Fire)
[*]Akira (Rival Schools)
[*]Gene (Godhand)
[*]Mega Man X (mmx)
[*]Vanessa (P.N.03)
[*]Sieg Warheit (Chaos Legion)
[*]Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
[/LIST]
Love the list, but Capcom doesn't own the rights to Chaos Legion.

58 characters would have been perfect :(
Nothing would be perfect, I always want MORE.

I found when doing sword loops with vergil, the timing is a little easier to round trip as soon as the lunar phase is done, but you actually build more meter if you wait till the swords are about to run out to round trip, and continue your sword loops.

Just an FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom