• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found a video that approximates my skill level with this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFykoEmBq5A&list=ELoAiw6IQdtMk&index=9&feature=plpp_video
Sick self-burn.

Wow so, this is probably old to most of you but I was browsing Eventhubs . lol god it's awful now, clicking anywhere besides the "main page" takes you to their damn sponsor which is ACER . Anyways lots of cool videos in their round up, along with this massive raw tag combo to go along with that snapback technology posted.

Insane Nova/Spencer/Strange combo

Some Vergil stuff.
Shuma/Vergil Synergy
Pretty cool Vergil combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3p6kiwRPjY&feature=player_embedded
Goddamn Dante and his best THC ever hyper.

Solune

FSLink

Banned

I do something similar with Ryu's Tatsu super in Denjin mode on my Ryu/Dorm/Strange team. :p

One combo I do is Denjin mode combo->TAC to Dorm->j.H xx Fly j.L j.H xx Dark Hole j.H xx Dark Hole j.S, Team Hyper Combo (Strange picks them up), then I can do another Chaotic Flame or Stalking Flare afterwords with Dorm if I have enough meter since Ryu's Denjin super lasts so long. I haven't tried comboing spells with it though.

So I tried out Magneto on my Hulk/IM/Sent team in all the positions, and I find that Mag/Hulk/Sent is working out so much better for me.

The only thing I'm really getting out of Mag/IM is if I pull people in with Mag's special when they're switching characters and have them come at Repulsor....otherwise IM is just not working for me.

Solune

So I tried out Magneto on my Hulk/IM/Sent team in all the positions, and I find that Mag/Hulk/Sent is working out so much better for me.

The only thing I'm really getting out of Mag/IM is if I pull people in with Mag's special when they're switching characters and have them come at Repulsor....otherwise IM is just not working for me.

Iron Man doesn't work for people in general unfortunately... You have to make him work.

its like tony is drunk as hell trying to dash. its feels like tony is tripping while dashing.

2401_original_cyAFc.

Now replace Parker with Tony.

Azure J

Stupid little reset for anyone playing Dante/Strider courtesy of boredom and Mahvel's combo system:

Anything - Stinger Lv. 2 - BC Teleport - Hammer - Cold Shower - Stinger Lv. 2 ~ Assist (Vajra) - BC Teleport

Because wallbounce moves lose the property after the first instance of it happening in a combo, putting the character struck with a second of said wallbounce move into an instant tech upon landing, you pretty much get a free left-right if you can call Strider at the end of Cold Shower or before Stinger connects. This could also be applied to that other sword guy or anyone with a command normal wall bounce and teleport.

Azure J

Just saw foottage ofthe soul fist game end glitch from Big2 yesterday. IT'S THE SAME SHIT I TALKED ABOUT WAY BACK WHEN. It seems like characters with clone supeers that out out too many projectiles and chip win make the gamee logic chug until it can resolve everything on screen thus realizing the game is over. Same thing happened to me a few times when blocking Hadangeki-fist tactics against XF3 Zero.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
its like tony is drunk as hell trying to dash. its feels like tony is tripping while dashing.

Smash Bros Brawl style tripping for MvC4. It would really add to the fun!

Melee >>> Brawl

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Stupid little reset for anyone playing Dante/Strider courtesy of boredom and Mahvel's combo system:

Anything - Stinger Lv. 2 - BC Teleport - Hammer - Cold Shower - Stinger Lv. 2 ~ Assist (Vajra) - BC Teleport

Because wallbounce moves lose the property after the first instance of it happening in a combo, putting the character struck with a second of said wallbounce move into an instant tech upon landing, you pretty much get a free left-right if you can call Strider at the end of Cold Shower or before Stinger connects. This could also be applied to that other sword guy or anyone with a command normal wall bounce and teleport.

Did I read that right in that the second Stinger essentially forces a neutral tech in the corner? On the ground or in the air?

Dahbomb

alright this dude beat marlinpie with ironman. I'm stealing everything he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kwFH6OU80T4
Alukard has beaten MarlinPie plenty of times before including their famous FT5 set in the first Curley Mustache.

IM does well against all of MarlinPie's characters.

Also he didn't do anything special with IM in that set, Magneto did most of the work. Nothing to steal.

Watch this video if you want to learn IM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyt_jGJ_YDg

The best combo to learn with IM is the one at around 6:30. Confirms safely at near max range of his cr.M which is essential to his game.

Alukard has beaten MarlinPie plenty of times before including their famous FT5 set in the first Curley Mustache.

IM does well against all of MarlinPie's characters.

Why does IM do well in those matchups? I guess maybe Repulsor blast as an anti-air is really strong, but aside from Doom needing to footdive, that team doesn't need it too much. Well I guess IM Beam is faster than Dooms?

Dahbomb

Iron Man has longer ranged normals than Doom and can beat his Foot Dive with Repulsor Blast but you don't need that as you just need to be at the same height or above Doom in the match up. Doom has a tough time getting in IM too although the opposite is true too unless has like Drones.

Iron Man also has longer ranged normals than Viper and can basically harass her with aerial Smart Bombs while throwing out his normals to space. He can frustrate her into making a mistake or getting air borne where she doesn't have threat of EX Seismo.

IM can play defensively against Ammy and gets great mileage out of the cr.H missile.

Looks like the ad for our next big tourney is done, so I figured I'd share it.

422305_459982394036457_896012578_n.jpg

Pretty sure Frutsy and Taekua are coming, but besides that, Combofiend is pretty much a magnet that will attract players so you should probably expect other good Mexican players that didn't have a chance to make a name for themselves last EVO.

Small update on this. It's now confirmed that Kaneblueriver is coming from Chile for the tourney.

Funny story, IIRC the day before Marvel pools there was a Mexico vs Japan 5vs5 in which Kaneblueriver had to act as a substitute in team Mexico. He ended up doing most of the work xD

chances are you are going to play rush down, or range with spidey until you get a hit, then presumably do the same thing (rush down)

I'd want either a beam assist, hidden missle, or sentinel drones (which should dictate your other character).

So I'm thinking Spider-Man on point with web ball, Nova with centurion rush, and then pressure assist.

I wonder if I could get away with running Akuma on third since I rtsd and can actually play him well from all my time playing Best Friends.

So I'm thinking Spider-Man on point with web ball, Nova with centurion rush, and then pressure assist.

I wonder if I could get away with running Akuma on third since I rtsd and can actually play him well from all my time playing Best Friends.

You could, for sure, but I'm just worried that you wouldn't be able to call him willy-nilly with his low health.

It would definitely help to extend combos with Nova. I'm sure spider man would get some use out of his tatsu assist as well.

Akuma lvl 3 is pretty retarded good.

You could, for sure, but I'm just worried that you wouldn't be able to call him willy-nilly with his low health.

It would definitely help to extend combos with Nova. I'm sure spider man would get some use out of his tatsu assist as well.

Akuma lvl 3 is pretty retarded good.

Yeah, it'd be harder to call him without Wolverine'sa ridiculously good berserker charge pressure, but I think I could get away with it as long as it's a smart call.

I need to figure out how to get across the screen to follow up for damage after web throw. I should look up those britside videos from ufgt8.

And yes, Akuma level 3 is nearly unstoppable. Shouts to air throw, otg demon flip divekick, into big big big damage.

Yeah, it'd be harder to call him without Wolverine'sa ridiculously good berserker charge pressure, but I think I could get away with it as long as it's a smart call.

I need to figure out how to get across the screen to follow up for damage after web throw. I should look up those britside videos from ufgt8.

And yes, Akuma level 3 is nearly unstoppable. Shouts to air throw, otg demon flip divekick, into big big big damage.

after web throw, i think you just jump and do his air web dashy move that is like an otg and continue the combo.

I've only seen good Spidermans.

Upon reviewing some YouTube videos, you have to jump forward, web swing l or m, otg web line. Hm. Guess I know what I'm working on after homework tonight.

Spiderman just seems so weird compared to the cast I'm used to.

Always wanted to learn Dante and Bionic Commando, but haven't got around to it

It's such a nice feeling when you practice a combo a million times and then finally do it in an actually match. Ahh the simple things.

lol

vergil sword loops. sad thing was, when I fully pulled it off online, the dude rage quit before I could battle his second character :(

I fuck that combo up A LOT, so much so that in battle, I usually forget to even do it.

Spiderman just seems so weird compared to the cast I'm used to.

Always wanted to learn Dante and Bionic Commando, but haven't got around to it

That's because he is weird. Playing is super rewarding when you can nail things, but amazingly frustrating when you just can't seem to get anything started,

That's because he is weird. Playing is super rewarding when you can nail things, but amazingly frustrating when you just can't seem to get anything started,

that's not really what I was trying to say. the characters that I'm sort of used to picking (wesker, taskmaster, vergil, sentinel, ryu, wolverine) he's really nothing like them

Dahbomb

Both of those are pretty bad. One of those differentiates based on ease of use and high damage... which would make Hulk and Captain America god tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom