• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Both of those are pretty bad. One of those differentiates based on ease of use and high damage... which would make Hulk and Captain America god tiers.

Captain America doesn't do high damage, he just does easy damage. He maxes out at a much lower level than most characters (unless specific assists).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Get enough people. Get a lobby going. If anybody isn't aware of now, I'm mostly PSN for the time being. Using EVO stick and I'm too lazy to switch to 360.

Iron Man has longer ranged normals than Doom and can beat his Foot Dive with Repulsor Blast but you don't need that as you just need to be at the same height or above Doom in the match up. Doom has a tough time getting in IM too although the opposite is true too unless has like Drones.

Iron Man also has longer ranged normals than Viper and can basically harass her with aerial Smart Bombs while throwing out his normals to space. He can frustrate her into making a mistake or getting air borne where she doesn't have threat of EX Seismo.

IM can play defensively against Ammy and gets great mileage out of the cr.H missile.

alright those make sense, though all the vipers i've played have strider and the whole plan you mentioned basically falls apart. thx for that video btw.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
The Madcatz Championship stream will be on for 24/7 from Friday 10am (BST) through till Monday 5pm ! Stream starts in 7-8 hours and will be on:

www.twitch.tv/unequalledmedia and
www.twitch.tv/unequalledmediaextra

The full schedule is here:
http://www.unequalledmedia.com/schedule.html

And check out some of these sexy pics from the venue so far!

K9bvn.png

gQS68.png

Hopefully the game timings don't clash with that of Summer Jam but since unequalledmedia are running 24/7 they will be ra-airing the tournament footage once the venue night is over too to accomodate people of all timezones :)

Don't look at mine as numbers but as areas. Everyone in the same area as Thor are around the same potential. Vergil is right below my respected top five.

I hate number placements and just prefer tiers instead of numbers. There is no best character but just pay attention to the area on how high they are. And hated the crowded look.

How far right/left they are and the general area.

Magneto is chaotic good. FYI. He goes on the good side, right next to the line.

And he tops the cool meter. He is Magneto, charmer of all ladies, never aging gentlemen and savior of mutantkind.

Yeah.

Azure J

Did I read that right in that the second Stinger essentially forces a neutral tech in the corner? On the ground or in the air?

Late, but after jumping to conclusions one too many times, I tested this exactly and no, the second Stinger doesn't force a neutral tech. This is downgraded from good to ok as a reset as a result.

Azure J

Did I read that right in that the second Stinger essentially forces a neutral tech in the corner? On the ground or in the air?

Late, but after jumping to conclusions one too many times, I tested this exactly and no, the second Stinger doesn't force a neutral tech. This is downgraded from good to ok as a reset as a result.

Edit: Magneto is Swagnus for a reason. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is it impractical? That combo built 2.5 bars. This is borderline X-23 levels of XF3 abuse. The hyper at the end was just for show, the combo already did 1.1 million.
Didn't notice that. Using half of your X-Factor though means you likely won't get another one of those in, at maximum two with tight timing.

Generally, most characters can do a kill combo in XF without needing to burn 3 bars to allow the combo to happen, that's why I say it's impractical. Inefficient is perhaps a better word.

I am THIS close to picking up Logan just to deal with Vergil Missiles. Dat stupid divekick/throw OS + immediate XF should make it easy.

Space control + combo breakers for days.

He'll xfactor back now :( plus, it's undroppable with logan, and dat opening gambit silly.

Been starting x-23 more often against Vergil to better results, so I'll just make it even easier.

I go about even against Vergil missiles, I just hate *how* I lose to it and the fact that I even do.

The fear of a dive kick to the skull is scarier for Vergil than x-23's more ...calculated options, we'll say.

Darksim

The fear of a dive kick to the skull is scarier for Vergil than x-23's more ...calculated options, we'll say.

But Helm Breaker is better than some silly divekick.

It also OS's throw.

His normals also completely outclass Wolvie's in every imaginable way.

He's also a better character period.

What I'm saying is that you should get it over with and pick Vergil.

---

On the real though, the start of the round dive kick thing that people are actually afraid of can be OS dashed out of by anyone. I also have yet to test, but I bet if Vergil just starts by jumping back x3 -> Helm Breaker, he shuts down Wolvie anyway.

But Helm Breaker is better than some silly divekick.

It also OS's throw.

His normals also completely outclass Wolvie's in every imaginable way.

He's also a better character period.

What I'm saying is that you should get it over with and pick Vergil.

---

On the real though, the start of the round dive kick thing that people are actually afraid of can be OS dashed out of by anyone. I also have yet to test, but I bet if Vergil just starts by jumping back x3 -> Helm Breaker, he shuts down Wolvie anyway.
I've actually been doing b+H to start against Wolverine. You get the ground throw tech if you start out there, and s.H is a pretty good anti-air. Jumping against Wolverine at the start is so scary...

Dahbomb

Helm Breaker OS is damn good against Wolverine but normally he is jumping too and you might find yourself getting chicken guarded against. Also Vergil's normals only outclass Wolverine when they are at mid range, at close range Wolverine has Vergil beat easily.

Darksim

Helm Breaker OS is damn good against Wolverine but normally he is jumping too and you might find yourself getting chicken guarded against. Also Vergil's normals only outclass Wolverine when they are at mid range, at close range Wolverine has Vergil beat easily.

When I see people chicken guard Helm Breaker, I do: S + call Vajra > H > Trick Down. It's so stupidly good.

The only thing Wolverine has Vergil beat with is his standing light. Vergil's standing light might actually have a better vertical hitbox, but it doesn't come out in 4 frames. Vergil's crouching light is waaaay better than Wolverine's though.

This all irrelevant though, because you could be mashing Helm Breaker instead. (I kid, I kid)

I've actually been doing b+H to start against Wolverine. You get the ground throw tech if you start out there, and s.H is a pretty good anti-air. Jumping against Wolverine at the start is so scary...

I don't start Vergil ever, but that sounds good. If they call a stupid assist such as Tatsu/Fake Tatsu, will chaining said H in S hit the assist out of startup and thus win the game? If so I would totally switch my team order for the matchup.

The only thing that scares me is that Wolverine's dive kick is 2 frames faster than Vergil's H (8 frame, lol capcom). I guess if you see him jump well before the match actually starts you could just press L instead and chain into H to hopefully hit the assist. I should test this whenever I wake up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom